PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOM TEAM - Data sheets

CR4SH3D
19th June 2007, 06:14 PM
I thought that with the news of custom skins, it might be cool to start thinking of logos etc and maybe even a back story to our own teams (although i thought mine would be a division of AG systems, i assume you have to use standard craft)

If you guys think its cool ill post a template for kinda datasheet thing since i was thinking of setting up a FX400 site :)

Anyways heres my brief data etc on a skin i might try to make

Oh and the mascot my girlfriend drew one on a card once for me and i think theyre awesome and look kewl :)

---------------

Logo (large):
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4740/bigrs5.jpg

Logo (small):
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1922/textav7.jpg

Mascot:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6583/mascotos9.jpg

Craft (example, i knows its not AG-S :P):
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1464/bccraft2ou3.jpg

Team Name:
Binary Core R&D (research and development)

Sub division of:
AG Systems

Quote:
DIGITIZE THE FUTURE!

Description:
B.C was created as a software division of AG Systems to code the HUD systems, real time OS, and other flight control software for the craft.

With the knowledge that the various fusion reactors and "hardware" technnology used was often limited by funds available to the teams, B.C founded a project titled "CPE (Coded Performance Enhancement)" and began research into coding specific software modules to in effect "overclock" the performance of the craft.

Due the risky nature of this and the uncertainty of whether this tactic falls within the regulations of the AG racing league, B.C have drasticly limited the performance enhancement of the craft used in races so that visibly there is no noticable difference between theirs and the standard AG craft.

Until the CPE project is approved for league use, BC monitor the craft for the effects of the extremly small performance upgrades they are allowed to implement (mainly for stability and compatibility with the other systems)

//edit
thats better ;)

The Uncreated
19th June 2007, 08:53 PM
Aside from the 's' in your "digitize", neat concept. The Z versus S thing must be commonwealth English (I'm in Canada). Dunno.

Keep 'er up.

- U

CR4SH3D
19th June 2007, 08:59 PM
yeah it was going to be a Z but i went on dictionary.com and it said s ill probably change it when i make a more "wipeout" layour for the templates

this is kinda assuming that you can put custom logos on the ships, i dont think anyone knows the capabilities of the custom skins yet

thanks though :)

//and the white bit i forgot to delete :P

Sausehuhn
19th June 2007, 09:04 PM
digitise = British English only
digitize = American English and British English, too

Though Firefox's language correction marks "digitise" red, so I guess it's more common with "z" instead of "s".

CR4SH3D
19th June 2007, 09:07 PM
ah ok thanks :) will be changed
(do you think it might be as good to skin craft as forsa seems to be?)

supersocks
19th June 2007, 09:50 PM
Nah, too much UGC for my tastes.

CR4SH3D
19th June 2007, 10:09 PM
uuuuuuuh
unnecesary graphic something?

supersocks
20th June 2007, 12:03 PM
User Generated Content

I was just commenting the recent skinning boom started by Forza. (Don't quote previous posts, please... Right.)

Your design is nice. I like blocks. :+ red might be a bit too dark with that black border, would look better without IMHO.

Lance
20th June 2007, 03:04 PM
Digitise whenever you want, me hearties. Arrh. :pirate

Here's to avoiding a complete rationalisation of the language. :beer

CR4SH3D
20th June 2007, 04:34 PM
aaah yeah i see
well it could work, i mean if you think how popular deus ex was, and when they released the SDK kit to make maps and mods, there werent that many made (i dont think) but the people that do put alot of effort into it

thanks man, blocks are cool :P just like pixels, i might lighten the red, maybe even to the AG-S kinda red but i think it needs a border (looks even flatter without)

:beer: cheers ;)