PDA

View Full Version : Pulse ingame video!

eLhabib
17th June 2007, 12:55 AM
Sorry to start a new thread, but I think this deserves one:

*video removed*(sorry)

stin
17th June 2007, 07:33 AM
WOW!, it`s like I was feeling I was driving it!

Anyway, this is looks really good and fast!

stevie:O

MAMUTH
17th June 2007, 07:49 AM
cool...and graphics looks even better than on screenshots.
I love the look of ships, they are so shiny...canĀ“t wait for this game to be released :clap:clap:clap

Dogg Thang
17th June 2007, 07:56 AM
Wow, thanks for posting that! I really like it. It sort of looks like a souped-up version of the Pure Delta pack tracks - that minimalist style but done with much more going on in the background here. I'm still hoping for fancier looking natural tracks (based on that one screenshot of the rocky course) but this looks great for a sci-fi techno track.

Thanks again for posting it! Actually, I'm slightly surprised you were allowed - do you not have certain conditions to your preview copy? I have no idea, just being curious!

Mad-Ice
17th June 2007, 08:50 AM
Man O Man! This rocks for sure! Indeed it looks a bit like a Delta league based track but more beautiful. Also like Dogg said I am hoping for that rocky natural looking track. From the looks of it, it seems more floatier than Pure. Ohh, I wish, I wish it was already ....!!!

yawnstretch
17th June 2007, 09:55 AM
Holy Sh1##! This looks better than I was expecting. Looks like they've learned a lot from pure with regard to track design (the turns look much more gently streamlined - less impossible snappy impossible turns given pure's handling).

Bring it on!

eLhabib
17th June 2007, 09:58 AM
1) it IS quite a bit floatier than purE - I hope I'll find a way to record while I am driving so you can see for yourself (doesn't Arnaud have one of these PSP2TV-thingies? maybe he could make some ace videos then!

2) I'm not really content with the tracks I have seen so far. they play quite cool, yes, but nothing really sticks out to me - they all have a very similar feel to them, nothing really characteristic (think blueridge / sebenco). I really hope there are some cooler tracks up the pipeline (longer tracks, too). but yes, if you liked the delta pack tracks in purE, you're gonna love this!

3) of course I post pictures and videos of the preview here - that's what the media gets the preview disk for! to spread info, create a hype! I am sure all the big name gamesites will have previews up by next weekend.

Dogg Thang
17th June 2007, 10:49 AM
On the track characteristics, eL, you've sort of answered this but, going in to more, are the track styles really all that similar? What seperates them? Much of what you've shown seems to be indoor tunnels. How is the indoor/outdoor balance and are there any interesting times of day or good skies?

eLhabib
17th June 2007, 12:27 PM
I will post screens of all the tracks to give you an impression in the next couple of days, once I have played some more. Out of the 5 tracks in the preview there is only one I would instantly recognize, it's called Talon's Junction, and looks like a mix between 2097's Talon's Reach and purE's Vineta K. But I haven't really dug into the tracks yet, more info in the next days!

Riccardo Raccis
17th June 2007, 02:45 PM
Loved it! But again, I did love the Delta League too 8)

And yeah, it does look better than the screenshots. Loved the sound, too (lovely dub, and lovely engine hum).

Looking at the jump, I think we can see one of the "reversible track" features... hhhhm? ;)

That track section with the lagoon view is poetry.

Asayyeah
17th June 2007, 03:26 PM
Thx a lot posting it MArtin, the track seems to be easy with long & large straight line but also crazy corners : i like the open section ala Sol2 .

btw i am always OK for doing some good videos ;) :hyper

Sausehuhn
17th June 2007, 06:41 PM
They have glossy ships - finally :)

Looks so nice. Can't wait to have the final game in my hands in september.

Rapier Racer
17th June 2007, 07:55 PM
Thats looks so good can't wait for September :hyper

That music sounded good too.

q_dmc12
18th June 2007, 01:31 AM
They have glossy ships - finally :)

Looks so nice. Can't wait to have the final game in my hands in september.

I second that! A BIG :+:+:+:+:+:+ to SL!!

I too was like:o:o:o

Chill
18th June 2007, 05:23 AM
I take back what I said about it looking too cartoonish, that looked a lot better than I would've thought. Looks better than Pure, cause it mixes with a bit of W3O!!! Hell ya!!!!!

supersocks
18th June 2007, 08:45 PM
0:26: So that's how they're making jumps in reversed courses.

Rapier Racer
18th June 2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah it's a different route when you select reverse if I recall correctly forward is the white route and backwards is the black route and there are sections of track only accessible depending on which way you choose to race

eLhabib
19th June 2007, 06:53 AM
Exactly. There is a 'white' and a 'black' version of each track, the only thing that differs is the direction you are going (and the direction of the speed pads, of course ;)), but I didn't notice any graphical changes between them.

Hacker X
19th June 2007, 12:58 PM
My goodness that looks amazing. Just simply awesome. I can't wait to play this game!

eLhabib
20th June 2007, 07:01 AM
I've uploaded a new video to youtube. This time the track 'de konstruct' on phantom speed - it's BLAZING FAST!

*video removed* (sorry)

Mad-Ice
20th June 2007, 09:07 AM
Jihaa, it's so fast. Very nice looking track. But what's up with the Goteki's wibbely-wobbely move on the mag-stips? It looks so strange! And Assegai is jumping though the track ceiling?!

Other then that it is looking so sharp and shinny!

eLhabib
20th June 2007, 09:11 AM
To be honest, I think the game hasn't been fine-tuned to handle the extreme speeds just yet. Phantom is pretty much impossible to drive perfectly at the moment, but I am sure things will be perfect in September!

infoxicated
20th June 2007, 09:39 AM
Jihaa, it's so fast. Very nice looking track. But what's up with the Goteki's wibbely-wobbely move on the mag-stips? It looks so strange! And Assegai is jumping though the track ceiling?!
Possibly because it's age old preview code that, if Sony had wanted to show to the public, they'd be giving it away in cereal boxes.

There's a good reason that trailers are carefully prepared before release, and YouTube videos of preview code are probably a big part of that.

stin
20th June 2007, 09:44 AM
That is pretty scary!, If it is was me, then I will shut my eyes from start to finish then I will ask "Am I on the finish line?"

stevie:D

MAMUTH
20th June 2007, 10:04 AM
nice video...but where did you recorded this? seems like there's lot of voices...you were in some pub or what? :D

eLhabib
20th June 2007, 10:13 AM
all the noise you hear is coming from the PSP (maybe you are mistaking cheering fans for pub noises?) - anyway it's a crappy recording, since I can only take videos with my digicam right now. It looks and sounds a lot crisper in reality :D

MAMUTH
20th June 2007, 10:37 AM
dunno,but I don't think that those voices are from psp...maybe some people in your office...it sounds to me like a conversation...

eLhabib
20th June 2007, 11:28 AM
Just letting you know that I removed both videos. I just got informed that this is rather old code and not representative of the final game's quality (as you certainly were aware of anyway, but youtube people might not be so smart and bash the game...), so I took them offline to avoid someone getting a wrong impression of the game.
Personally, I thought they looked absolutely SWEET already, but hey, if the final game is supposed to look so much better, I'm even more excited!

MAMUTH
20th June 2007, 11:41 AM
too bad, I wanted to downlad them :(

Riccardo Raccis
20th June 2007, 04:37 PM
Aww, didn't manage to arrive in time. Too bad.

But I did manage to see the other vid, and if it all got better in the meantime, me is pleased :D