PDA

View Full Version : AG Systems

Dav657
14th May 2007, 05:00 PM
Well for some odd reason i decided to switch to AG systems. Like the control better and the feel of it. Ive always raced with heavy and fast crafts. But i have some questions on AG sys. Like what disadvantages are there to using him over other crafts. And does it have any advantages? Also Ive noticed that the AI in phantom is a PAIN! I like my games difficult but this crazy!

stin
14th May 2007, 05:17 PM
Don`t get me wrong, it`s a sheer agility heavy ship but ideal for Time Trial and Single Race But NOT for Kai online cos they just DESTROY you apart from Asayyeah!

So it is a nice ship and I rather use Goteki 45;)

stevie:)

Dav657
14th May 2007, 05:24 PM
I asked for that reason! Asa uses AG systems a lot or when i race him at least. And i always seem to just get destroyed. Even though he is far superior to me!

andy
14th May 2007, 07:14 PM
I love AG systems on Pure. I make most of my records with it and it feels as though I get much more responsiveness in it. Very good on technical tracks like Citta Nuova, which is my favourite ship and and track combination. Wish I could race on Kai aswell but I cant get it working which is a shame. Oh well. Good luck with AG systems. :)

Asayyeah
14th May 2007, 08:18 PM
I decided to change from Big T to Ag Sys roughly 1 year ago : most of my opponents felt a bit fed up with that big beast Triakis is.
So i took AG, originaly it was to feel pleased with others and felt also on the edge with that ship to balance a bit , but i noticed that ship has got 2 big advantages : he 's got the best ( or on top2 best) start on the grid ( big advantage on kai : when you escape from the mayhem 1st on lap1 you have 80% chance of winning the race) and also he is so fast when you can link few boost pads on a row ( possibly best thrust of the whole ships).

rdmx
15th May 2007, 08:47 AM
Hey. If I'm invisible I could use the AG SYS!
Wait, I overcorrect too much in 4 handling ships

Carry on...

phl0w
24th May 2007, 01:02 PM
also he is so fast when you can link few boost pads on a row ( possibly best thrust of the whole ships)
Can boost pads acclerate a ship beyond its speed-value?

I like the looks of AG Sys and the fact that it is Wipeout's "flagship", but couldn't quite get to grips with its handling. I miss my negcon for pure. Maybe that's why I prefer heavy ships in pure because they don't instantly turn 90° on a single tap on the d-pad =)

Dav657
24th May 2007, 07:41 PM
yeah ive changed to Piranha now. figure speed, need more speed. Also in my mind set he can be the fastest. I know probably not the the speed 5 just says something to me. Also since using Ag Sys for a while i got used to the high handling stat. Now when i use heavier ships it feels weird. But i guess i have to adapt again.

Rapier Racer
27th May 2007, 10:50 PM
AG-S, can be shredded like THAT :g;)

q_dmc12
28th May 2007, 01:32 AM
yeah ive changed to Piranha now. figure speed, need more speed. Also in my mind set he can be the fastest. I know probably not the the speed 5 just says something to me. Also since using Ag Sys for a while i got used to the high handling stat. Now when i use heavier ships it feels weird. But i guess i have to adapt again.

handling feels nostalgic - speed does too:nod

Dav657
28th May 2007, 02:20 AM
handling feels nostalgic - speed does too:nod

Yup sure does. Had to look up nostalgic. Not in the mood for difficult words! lol. Also when using piranha i dont like the fact that around turns(Kahra Descent) I slow down. Grr...But all in all piranha suits me perfect!:guitar:g

mdhay
29th May 2007, 10:08 PM
I tend to use ag systems a lot because it looks like a handheld hoover...plus the handling.

q_dmc12
29th May 2007, 11:06 PM
dustbuster® (a Black & Decker product)

rdmx
30th May 2007, 06:31 AM
Shameless plug DMC *tsk* *tsk*

mdhay
30th May 2007, 07:03 AM
Only the japanese could think of that:)

phl0w
31st May 2007, 04:31 PM
concerning Piranha:
i dont like the fact that around turns(Kahra Descent) I slow down.
That's what I don't like about PURE's physics. You slow down too much in tight turns. It's hard enough to pilot a heavy ship such as the piranha safely through a winding track, therefore you should be rewarded with a higher speed maintained through bends and not be handicapped even further by its slooow acceleration due to its weight, resulting in everybody lightweighted passing you.
I know, I know, on the other hand a well raced Piranha crushes each and everybody on sweeping tracks, where the hungry fish loses hardly any speed through corners once it gets going.
Sucks tbh, because it requires different ships for different track characteristics, thus you have to make compromises racing tournaments. Then again I grew up with oldschool games and I'm maybe one of the only few remaining that still wants that "one ship to rule them all." I don't care if it's Piranha or AG Sys though, just one overpowered, broken (in terms of balance) ship you have to win and can concentrate on... and dominate.

The Uncreated
31st May 2007, 05:17 PM
concerning Piranha:
That's what I don't like about PURE's physics. You slow down too much in tight turns.

I don't believe there's anything wrong with that, personally. A hovercraft that pitches and yaws sidelong into a tight bend creates a lot of drag not unlike an airplane that stalls when its nose is quickly pointed upward at a steep angle.

While the comparison mightn't be a fair one considering it's a game, I figure the turn "simulation" to be reasonably accordant with the manner real-life crafts behave.

Uncreated

phl0w
31st May 2007, 07:09 PM
Speaking in terms of simulation you are right, of course. But I emphasized on the point, that gameplay wise- and remembering the classic WOs (1 and XL) where you hardly lost speed using proper airbrake-techniques for that matter- I just feel handicapped piloting a craft like the Piranha which controlling in Pure is hard as hell in the first place has to suffer even further by forces of inertia in tight bends. While it should be able to maintain its velocity when piloted correctly to stand a chance on technical courses. As it stands, W'Out's track design counters that by placing BPs at the bottom of climbs or after tight bends, so that heavy crafts can gather speed in a reasonable amount of time coming out of a tight turn. I guess it's a different take on balance. Anyway, maybe I got carried away too much in my last post and this, since after all I'm pretty confident and doing fine with my beloved Piranha.
So, excuse my half rambling, half whining and my not contributing anything decent to the topic at hand. To show good will I will use AG Sys in the next few tournaments and post my experiences :D

Dav657
1st June 2007, 01:45 AM
Feel the same way. And always thought the same way. Until i saw ASA race. wow did that put my racing perspective into a whole different era! Its crazy though and with enough practice you wont be slowing down at all.
Also phl0w i so know what your talking about! The physics of XL were awesome. Never had to slow down. barely ever had to airbrake great game. Also liked the physics of 3SE.

mdhay
2nd June 2007, 11:08 AM
off-topic:Aye, 3's physics were brilliant.Even so when you blast another ship up the tail pipe, and they fly through the air, and land on the cockpit, killing the pilot.:rock brill stuff.they should've stayed.

rdmx
2nd June 2007, 11:25 AM
You violent, violent, little man... :o

mdhay
2nd June 2007, 12:16 PM
mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!!!!! [cough] [cough].:robot