PDA

View Full Version : corrupt data

Relequestual
7th May 2007, 07:50 PM
yeh. that sucks. i know, ive reformatted the mc, but no lucky, its still corrupt
and i have read on the forums how ppl have lost 60hours worth, and ive only lost 25hours, so i guess i cant moan too much.
but thats 25hours. just as i was going to move onto flash!

if anyone knows of any way to like save corrupt save game data, id be willing to try anything!! really!

i think wot happened is that i turned off, and then when it turned on again, it tried to save the profile before it had fully loaded! me now not happy! :(

i can upload the saved game files if that would help anyone who is uber amazing and can fix it.

i have a backup, but thats only got 9gm! and i had wot? loads! all under flash.

WOP, European version.

this thread is dedicated to those who lost their save game data.
morn below

Asayyeah
8th May 2007, 05:58 PM
I feel sorry for you Benn372 :(
That has happend to most of my mates ( Stin, Del Stepho, Mad Ice, Vic etc...) there's no solutions at my knowledge to get back your data safe.
The main thing is now saving your future progression into your pc regularly.

Relequestual
8th May 2007, 06:38 PM
thought as much
oh well. worth a shot!
just as a i go back to playing it aswell! such a shame! gotta do it all ova
just finished a 60 hour rpg though. but it felt like forever!
cant imagine doing the zone again though, that took so long!

thanks all the same

Mad-Ice
10th May 2007, 01:50 PM
Just like Asayyeah said. Indeed I lost about 50 hours too and I was having some real nice records. I was angry first and then really sad!!! And then determind to get back even harder and I did. In less time I made more and even better records. This game is just about improving yourself over and over. Time will tell my friend good luck with it and keep your head up!!!:nod

PS: I now have a second memory card that I use to save my profile on everytime I have made a few new records!!

xdirex
10th May 2007, 05:08 PM
Aaargh! This just happened to me this morning!

My PSP always crashes after exiting sleep mode when playing Wipeout Pure. I think this is because I'm running a custom firmware (3.40OE, so that I can run in 333Mhz mode - soooo smooth!). This particular morning, I woke the PSP, which had Wipeout sitting at the tournament ranking screen after finishing a race. I thought I'd continue playing, rather than rebooting, so I hit X. Wipeout went to autosave my profile, and then crashed halfway through!

There goes about 60 hours of play time! :mad:

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure I have a backup from a little while ago. I hope!

****Update****

Well, turns out I did have a backup, so I'm all good there.

I did a little reading, and it turns out the crash is actually due to the downloadable content in Pure, and nothing to do with the custom firmware I'm running.

Relequestual
20th June 2007, 09:24 PM
yeh, i got alot further. but now im tainted by the dreaded firmware 3.5 crash. u no, the one that stops u progressing in tornoments of classes that were downloaded? suckagae! disapointed!

Asayyeah
21st June 2007, 11:49 AM
Shamely in that topic (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3774) you will see you are not the only one suffering from that ******* bug.

Relequestual
21st June 2007, 05:00 PM
i know, sucks, im that thread too!
what i wounder if we can set up some kinda service, where ppl can upload their profiles, and have other expert players who have hacked firmware download them and completed the races that cant be done coz of the bug.

bring on pulse! cant wait!