PDA

View Full Version : Wip3out online?

rdmx
6th May 2007, 06:31 AM
Yes ladies and gentlemen. Wip3out ONLINE!
This is purely theoretical stuff.
Using ePSXe (a ps1 emu), using a plugin called CyberPad (which is based on another tunneling program called Kaillera - yep, thats KAIllera), it emulates split screen over the net.

Theoretically, this could lead to online Wip3out!
Anyone want to do more research?

q_dmc12
6th May 2007, 04:12 PM
..okay, right after brunch...*flies off*:bat

Task
6th May 2007, 05:11 PM
Link-mode WO3 is dodgy at best. I'd definitely suggest link-mode WO1, or WOXL, or even WO3SE. From what I hear, the WO3SE link is pretty good, but I've not yet managed to hook it up.

Would definitely be great if it worked though! That's possibly 4-player racing if the WO3SE will go! (2 on each end, which, after I think about it, probably isn't feasable anyway).

username
6th May 2007, 08:18 PM
Using ePSXe (a ps1 emu), using a plugin called CyberPad (which is based on another tunneling program called Kaillera - yep, thats KAIllera), it emulates split screen over the net.

May i ask, I have a copy of epsxe160, and when i try to play wip3out, i get so far in the track and then it crashes, what version of epsxe do you use? And also do you think you could send me a copy? PM me!

q_dmc12
6th May 2007, 09:46 PM
Link-mode WO3 is dodgy at best. I'd definitely suggest link-mode WO1, or WOXL, or even WO3SE. From what I hear, the WO3SE link is pretty good, but I've not yet managed to hook it up.

Where DO you get the i-link ?:?

username
6th May 2007, 10:19 PM
When you say its a bit dodgy, what do you mean? Does it disconnect easily or just hard to set up? I have never set up an i-link, however would like to try one time

Dav657
7th May 2007, 01:12 AM
Sorry if am going a little off topic here but i had the same question.
What if i were to play my copy of WO3SE on my psp. And i were to tunnel it using kai to another psp using WO3SE. Would this work or am i asking for too much? Would be pretty cool.

Lance
7th May 2007, 03:02 PM
You're not the only one drifting off topic. Please, all of you, discuss the topic of this thread and put your questions about other subjects in their appropriate threads, or we'll soon have lost the original subject altogether

rdmx
8th May 2007, 06:27 AM
*sniff* my precious thread has derailed off the tracks :'(
In related news, some use the program to play tekken 3 online.
afaik, only emulates split screen not i-link so 2 player only i think :(

username
8th May 2007, 08:07 AM
I looked on google for hours the other night, and found that it is very hard, but possible. however i can imagine with processing a game as well as the split screen emulator, you need a hefty pc!
My only concern would be trying to get the game emulator and split screen emulator to get on with each other.

Ill google it some more later, and get back if i find anything else

rdmx
8th May 2007, 09:29 AM
Look for the 'cyberpad' plugin. Apart from that I don't know what else to look at :|

rdmx
10th May 2007, 12:40 PM
Soz, i need to double post to get attention ;)
AFAIK, wip3out doesn't have split screen. Right?
So it would be more appropriate in the w3o:se forum. I dunno, haven't played wipeout 3 since i was 7 :P Looking to buy w3o:se off ebay.

q_dmc12
10th May 2007, 02:35 PM
Wip3out has split screen - played against myself the other day (i know, I'm sad:D)

Lance
10th May 2007, 05:28 PM
Soz, i need to double post to get attention ;)

As long as they're a day apart, that's okay. :D
Hell, I had to wait more than three years for someone to reply to one of mine till DeLoreanDude finally gave my comment some much-deserved attention. ;)

signed:
Yrs Trly,
PorshaBoy

:D

q_dmc12
10th May 2007, 09:33 PM
Heh, searching these forums is like going into your attic - you'll find things that you never knew you had. :p

dreamerx
11th May 2007, 06:54 PM

Yes, but only theoretically. Because CyberPad sends joypad commands only and there is no synchronization between games. If you crash, your opponent don't notice it. When I played Tekken3 on the net with my friend we noticed funny thing, on my game I defeat him, on his game He defeat me :)

As far as I know link cable is not emulated for today. Because there is no specification of protocol used between consoles and like say emulator writers: it is very hard to reverse enginer. So probarly also the PSPs PS1 emulator don't have a link cable emulation - I never seen this emulator :)

(Like always, sorry for my English :)

Ahh.. I almost forgot: I dreamt many times about W'O"3 SE online :) So, if someone find a good way to play online. I send him a redbull pack :)

CR4SH3D
21st June 2007, 12:39 PM
uuum could you not try it with 2097? i havent got 3 working but it would be cool to see if playing online worked

if i can remember though, you cant host if you have a router or soemthing?

Wip3out
5th December 2007, 11:06 AM
The interesting would be to play in link mode as a mate told before. Split screen is good, but for online, link mode is better. A plugin to possibility link on 2 epsxe (2 psx) would be cool.

CR4SH3D
12th December 2007, 03:34 PM
i think you can with that "pad" something in an earlier post here