PDA

View Full Version : Classic WipEout...Can it still be found?

HiToKiRi
25th April 2007, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I am so glad to see that there are so many individuals out there who are fans of the WipEout series.

I've been a long time WipEout fan from the time I bought the original WipEout for PC, up until the very latest offerings but for some reason I have some weird attachment to the original game, maybe for nostalgic reasons.

Problem is some years ago I lost my copy and I've been looking (and searching the web) for the original WipEout ever since but to no avail. I therefore thought I'd ask the rest of you loyal followers whether anyone here knows where I could possibly get my hands on a copy of the original WipEout for PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

q_dmc12
25th April 2007, 12:42 PM
There is one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wipeout-F3600-Anti-Gravity-Racing-League-PC-futuristic_W0QQitemZ110116400184QQihZ001QQcategory Z80332QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

..However it is in USD, don't know where you are from - perhaps you can find something in the Euro section or for Japan...:sonar

WizzyWig
9th May 2007, 03:12 AM
I found the PS version a couple of months ago (I got nostalgic all of a sudden as well and bought the first 3 on amazon.) Don't know about PC though. :?

ahurst
21st May 2007, 02:53 PM
I would suggest that finding the PS1 version is easier: and you can then reliably play it using epsxe, on either Windows[n], or GNU/Linux.

I imagine the ISO is on a file-sharing network somewhere.

G'Kyl
21st May 2007, 06:00 PM
There is always an ISO around somewhere. But who would want one in the first place?

Ben