PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're my last hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!

auricom
10th June 2002, 03:31 PM
Hi!!

i've just dicover your site and i think this is the last place where i'll be able to find a positive answer.

i'm french, i live in Paris and i seek for nearly two years wipeout3 special edition !!!(i'd like the pal version but yhe us will be fine too!).

I love this game (the 1, 2 and 3 but much less the fusion one). i would like very very much to find it!

Do you know an online shop which sell it or someone you know who want to sell it?

Please forgive my approximative english;
i wish to all of you a lot of fun with wipeout and thanks for your answers!!!

lunar
10th June 2002, 04:06 PM
I found it on www.playstation.com

It arrived in 3 or 4 days, £19.99 (that`s about 7million euros :wink: )

good luck, hope they still have copies and you can find it there :D

auricom
11th June 2002, 08:10 AM
i've already tried it but there is no wipeout special edition in the us shop (and i'm not sure i can buy on it being an european!)
And the european part of the shop on playstation.com is no more...

i think i'm cursed !

zaarock
12th June 2002, 01:20 PM
you havent found it in any shop i find it in almost every game shop here in finland?

stin
12th June 2002, 08:15 PM
there the website for you www.ebay.co.uk

i`ve got two new games from ebay and its minted.

once you put it on then write and press wipeout and that take you there.

hope thats helps for you.

stin

auricom
13th June 2002, 09:14 AM
The game has never been sold in France so i think that's normal to find it in shops of other europeans country !

And about ebay, i found one 2 or3 days ago so i bid on it but i don't like ebay very much....
I already had the case where someone who was selling a game has created a fictive personn who was always biding on me so the price was very high. But this personn wasn't very smart .... the mail domain of the seller and of this fictive purchaser were the same and it was so specific thas couldn't be luck.

To be continued...

infoxicated
13th June 2002, 04:43 PM
I have a spare copy of Wipeout 3 SE.

If you're really desperate I'll sell it to you :)

stin
13th June 2002, 09:41 PM
I have a spare copy of Wipeout 3 SE.

If you're really desperate I'll sell it to you :)

You are a gentleman infox and hopefully hes be pleased!

stin

auricom
14th June 2002, 08:51 AM
Very nice from you infoxicated!

But i've bid on the game on ebay so by respect for the seller and the other personn who had bid on it, i'll go on to the end.

If i don't win the bid and/or if there is a problem, i'll have no hesitation to contact you!
thank you very much!!!

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 08:08 PM
Hello Infoxicated and all. I have been searching for quite some time for wip3out se. I would love to buy it from you if auricom doesn't!!!

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

infoxicated
8th July 2002, 08:12 PM
It would be quite a reluctant sale now - I like to keep a copy at work for practicing during my lunch hour... :)

I'll need to buy up every copy of the game I can find and then act as a re-seller. Strangely I've seen it about quite a lot, but then I tend to think about Wipeout 3 more than most people so I guess I'd see it everywhere regardless! ;)

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply!

I understand your reluctance, but if you ever change your mind, I'll send a money order out immediately!!!

infoxicated
8th July 2002, 08:21 PM
Heh! :D

I will see if I can find a few other copies around... like the DeLorean fan site in the US collecting all the spare DeLorean parts... perhaps WipeoutZone should be collecting all the spare copies of Wipeout. 8)

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 08:24 PM
You guys are the best! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me and so quick. My son Joey and I would be grateful if you are able to dig up a copy!

Thanks again

-Tom

rhys
8th July 2002, 08:25 PM
well, i found one in my local eb, second hand, just look in all the games shops for a old copy, one is sure to have one!!!! :D

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the tip rhys. But unfortnately I live in the US. I have a modded PS1 so I'll have no problems playing it if I can find it (or even a copy).

-Tom

Lance
9th July 2002, 12:12 AM
collecting spare copies:
it would be good to do this in the u.s. as well. i would love to have the first two wipeouts in psx versions, but i've never seen them in EB or anywhere. i'm reasonably sure that there are other people besides me who havent seen them either

turbodawgy
9th July 2002, 12:24 AM
Lance- I saw a copy of the original Wipeout last week. If you are interested, I'll get it for you. Let me know.

-Tom

auricom
11th July 2002, 08:54 AM
hi everybody.

I think that i'll get my wipeout3 se very soon.
I made a bid on ebay to an australian guy. I had received my money and he send me the game 3 days ago...
i have not the game in my hands so i can't be sure but the seller seems to be honest.

I've got an url for those who want to buy it :
http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=4254

infoxicated
11th July 2002, 10:58 AM
Fifty dollars!! :o :o :o

Oh... wait, that's australian dollars, isn't it... so that's about £20... well that's not so bad :)

Lance
12th July 2002, 10:48 PM
Tom, right now i can't afford it. if you want to get it just to start a stockpile for american wipeout pilots in general, go ahead. it might be better to wait to see if other there are other north americans who may want the early games but haven't been able to find them. thanks for your offer

cheers

___lance

turbodawgy
13th July 2002, 12:34 AM
Lance, sounds good. Let me know if you change your mind.

-Tom

auricom
22nd July 2002, 02:16 PM
At least, i've got my wip3out special edition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, i've got all the wipeout saga.
Time to make some new perfect laps! :D

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me and for once, thanks to ebay!

Wiseman
23rd July 2002, 06:57 AM
LOL, I think Wipeout 3 was one of the best game deals ever, for myself. Never have I got so much replay from a game that only cost me $8. :D

I haven't seen a copy of the original Wipeout in ages, makes me glad that I saved it from the discount bin so long ago(for only $10!). The sad thing was that there was also a copy of Battle Arena Toshiden behind it, and it cost more.... what a shame. BAT, one of the most craptastic 3D fighting games ever created, costed more than Wipeout.