PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Action!

lunar
6th April 2007, 10:21 PM
exclusive video footage from the F3600 league (http://rapidshare.com/files/24696011/Arial_vs_Arian_2000.wmv.html) as the Tetsuo twins battle for the championship. See and feel the fear.... with one life left on SilverStream.....

:cold

Bad piloting excuses: head cold, and virtually first go with Auricom on Rapier, and not found Negcon settings yet. Sorry Arial....

Occasional bad editing excuse: not much time!

anyway, hope you enjoy this montage of action from the AG archives! :)

rdmx
7th April 2007, 01:46 AM
Please upload to Youtube?
I don't want to download 80 meg!

stin
7th April 2007, 07:08 AM
Seen it this morning, and mega wow! looks pretty hard to me but extremely good piloting, wish I can do that cos I`m struggling on rapier class.

insertcoin, only took 8mins to dload if you are using broadband.

Good video:)

stevie:)

Dogg Thang
7th April 2007, 04:07 PM
Struggling on rapier? Tell me about it. I recently popped back on the original WO and I'm having trouble on Venom. You'd swear I had never played the game before.

Still, there is something wonderful about the original WO. It's so fluid. Punishing, yet relaxing. I'll download this vid later and take a look.

Asayyeah
7th April 2007, 08:18 PM
Here it's the same Dogg Thang , even on venom i am acting like a noob , this is like another game for me, but i must reckon only those who have started their WipEout experience with it can race it so well : Jay, Al, Stephen...
But i am sure your video mate spk will bring me some energy & courage to fight you into the Pal table

I am going to DL it, now

Zerow
7th April 2007, 09:42 PM
Downloading as I write this. :)

q_dmc12
8th April 2007, 02:27 AM
Having only received the original a week ago I am having trouble with vecter - heh, I am an ubernoob:p

My trouble is on the last track, the the ice track - i forget it's name :(

insertcoin, only took 8mins to dload if you are using broadband.

7 and 1/2 minutes too long ;)

rdmx
8th April 2007, 02:52 AM
heh heh, wasn't about the length of the download, I didn't want to blow my download quota xD
I've downloaded it already.

Dogg Thang
8th April 2007, 06:26 PM
Q Dmc12, if you're having trouble with Vemon Silverstream and are just looking to get through it (rather than going for the absolute best times - something I know little about), I'd recommend switching to Feisar. Feisar's handling is made for Silverstream and is just about the only craft I can get through Silverstream in without messing up.

q_dmc12
9th April 2007, 10:58 PM
for some reason feisar just seems too responsive:dizzy - i have trouble getting through the tracks before it with feisar:brickwall :g

Thanks for the advise though :+

Medusa
10th April 2007, 02:51 AM
Nice footage! How very close. Reminds me of when I finally broke that Silverstream deadlock on Rapier championship mode - the video has me nearly sweating in nervousness at the last curve...
(reminds self - it's JUST a video, breathe...)
What a sweet game.:beer

lunar
21st April 2007, 02:32 PM
shame is I had forgotten that a top 3 on Silverstream isn`t necessarily good enough, and you have to win the championship too. I was surprised and a bit gutted to see game over. Once I got into third place, thinking that was what I needed, I just turned to jelly. I could just use AGS or Feisar, but it`s very satisfying to punt the heavyweights round Silversteam - kind of like a cross between AG Racing and Curling. Auricom is the most fun ship, I think, and Qirex is just insane. Your description about the moose in the "is it the best" thread is spot on.

Asayyeah
21st April 2007, 04:39 PM
didn't make a comment on your great video Stephen , i was a bit away from WZ , but i show it to french team who was visiting me quickly this friday/saturday : and we all love it :+ Congrats for the editing : Pro stuff !

Mark Of Insanity
21st April 2007, 05:04 PM
I could just use AGS or Feisar, but it`s very satisfying to punt the heavyweights round Silversteam - kind of like a cross between AG Racing and Curling. Auricom is the most fun ship, I think, and Qirex is just insane. Your description about the moose in the "is it the best" thread is spot on.

That's why I have Auricom as my avatar. So much fun flying it through Silverstream, or anywhere. I don't use Qirex in the original W/O, but I never use Auricom at any other time. Except perhaps on Phantom Speed on Pure, once I buy it.

I love this video, it inspired me to buy the original Wipeout.

element42
22nd April 2007, 08:32 AM
Nice. I love watching other people play. :D

rdmx
14th May 2007, 08:39 AM
Hey Lunar, what's the song?
It's awesome :+ I want it!
"Watch yourself! Turn to dust!"

username
14th May 2007, 09:34 AM
As soon as i get home from coll, im going to download this! (the networked computers use the same ip addy i think!).
cant wait now :P

lunar
14th May 2007, 01:41 PM
It`s "Turn to Dust" by the Freestylers. buy the album! (http://www.superchargedmusic.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=186) and support the most undervalued pop and dance music geniuses I can think of. It`s also available on Amazon. They also made this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Rock-Hard-Freestylers/dp/B00000IP8Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-4082637-6003821?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179150151&sr=8-1), which is even better and deserves to be in everyone`s collection. Always makes me smile, and possibly even dance, which is a scary idea. :cold

supersocks
19th May 2007, 12:25 AM
Now what is that strange square around position number at 5:30 - 5:44? ;)

lunar
19th May 2007, 08:27 AM
tricks of the trade ;) But done badly in a hurry. The Silverstream bit was not all from the same race, but it was important to keep the narrative. I was surprised no-one spotted it sooner :o ;)

lunar
30th May 2007, 11:59 PM
Okay, these videos are not the work of the Venom Karbonis TT challenge champ (currently:blarg), but if you can accept second best then here are the (current) lap and race records for PAL Venom Karbonis TT. I had to do PAL videos because I have no way of recording or editing NTSC, although my TV can display it.

The excuses for a few wobbly moments this time are that I was adjusting from NTSC back to PAL: the timing is somewhat different. Also it came home to me just how much tougher the turbo start is on PAL - you have to hit that thrust button right on the money, a lot sooner. When you do get a good start there`s a feeling of pressure. But these races aren`t too bad anyway....

Links are here:

Race in two different picture quality settings for different sizes of file.

PAL race 2000kbps (http://rapidshare.com/files/34344542/pal_race_2000.wmv.html%3Cbr%20/%3E)

PAL race 500kbps (http://rapidshare.com/files/34345962/pal_race_500.wmv.html%3Cbr%20/%3E)

Lap from a different race

PAL Lap 500kbps (http://rapidshare.com/files/34344987/pal_lap_500.wmv.html)

stin
31st May 2007, 07:18 AM
I did watched your videos!, Damn, you made it look so easy!

I will need to try again today if I have got time!. Because, I have been playing wipeout for two weeks now but on Rapier Class is too friggen hard and Korodera, which I beat 30 secs off of my previous records but still last!:(

I will comply....eventually!

stevie:)

Asayyeah
31st May 2007, 10:26 PM
Impressive video Stephen !, that's a good teaching lesson for me as i was doing differently on many parts of that track :frown:

Tomorrow i will dl the lap time video (the site : ra-pish-are is not allowing me to DL anymore today , lol )

3 sec away from my PB ouch! and me who is busy with korodera rapier :banzai

RJ O'Connell
1st June 2007, 02:51 PM
How are you capturing the footage from your TV, out of curiosity?

I was planning a few video projects of my own...

rdmx
2nd June 2007, 02:33 AM
I think he hooks up a video camera between the console and the TV.
Or he is like me and hooks it up to his TV tuner card.
But my tv tuner option is crap, the preview screen is TINY!

Asayyeah
2nd June 2007, 12:36 PM
before, i was using a video captured card in to my pc, linking pc to my VCR and was playing directly through my tv, recording the video by VCR and transferring it directly to pc to edit it with few softwares.

lunar
2nd June 2007, 10:04 PM
I record to vhs tape first, then capture the tape on a pc, then edit, then encode as wmv.

q_dmc12
3rd June 2007, 02:18 PM
Why WMV? That's terrible..:blarg

lunar
3rd June 2007, 04:30 PM
not at all - it gives better quality per mb of download than other codecs you might use in this case, and this is the main consideration for internet video. It doesn`t have to be bad because it`s Microsoft, in this case at least. ;)

q_dmc12
3rd June 2007, 09:16 PM
it has poor quality when streaming though

lunar
4th June 2007, 09:28 AM
Quality depends on the data rate, so whether it`s being played off a streaming server on the internet or a local computer doesn`t make a difference in itself. WMV does tend to look poor when streaming, but this is because it`s necessary to use low data rates when doing that. At the same data rates as other codecs it either compares well or does better, imo, and it has the advantage that virtually anyone can play it without downloading extra software. It`s good enough for the BBC to use it on their site. My videos look a bit fuzzy because I record them on 5 year old vhs tapes that have had dozens of football matches recorded on them in the past.

q_dmc12
4th June 2007, 12:15 PM
Hmm, you'll have to demostrate..:D

Buy the superior quality VHS, may cost upto UKP5.99 but worth it;) - record on SP (standard play):+

rdmx
4th June 2007, 12:25 PM
Could you record to a dvd recorder?
I don't have one but I'm sure you can store more Wipeout-goodness on a dvd.
Better still, you can just pop it straight into your computer!

lunar
4th June 2007, 12:50 PM
The PS is a long way from the PC, and VHS is the best recording technology available in my house. :blarg ;)

rdmx
4th June 2007, 12:52 PM
Actually I meant, record it on the disc, then pop the disc in your computer!

Asayyeah
4th June 2007, 05:29 PM
Could you record to a dvd recorder?
I don't have one but I'm sure you can store more Wipeout-goodness on a dvd.
Better still, you can just pop it straight into your computer!
Yes

That is also possible with HDD/DVD recorder but when i changed my antique VHS by that new system , now i can't record my races well due to a kind of 'time shifting' ( 2 sec difference between action on the controller and action visible on screen : unplayable) surely a set up to found into the menu.

q_dmc12
5th June 2007, 03:46 AM
if you use Premiere Pro you can export to a DVD in the native DVD format for DVD players:pc

...assuming you have a DVD burner;)

Lance
5th June 2007, 06:57 PM
Lunar already said he doesn't have a DVD burner; why are people telling him what to do with one?

He should be telling everybody else what they can do with theirs and where to install it! ;) :g

q_dmc12
5th June 2007, 08:47 PM
Indeed:pc - yet he hasn't.

The dvd burner suggestion was towards arnaud..

Asayyeah
9th June 2007, 09:19 PM
there's no way for me to record NTSC games with system i described above, so i found an easiest way , get my camcorder in front of my tv and record onto its hdd( 20go) then transfer the files through pc , honestly this is not bad quality at all.

rdmx
10th June 2007, 02:10 AM
Filming THE tv (DMC style), or plugging in the playstation into the camcorder much like a VCR?

Asayyeah
10th June 2007, 03:29 PM
It's filming the TV, Ben .

It's not so bad quality except sound wich is what i am hearing while racing.
Check it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHIbKaTy4Q)

Mad-Ice
10th June 2007, 08:25 PM
Real tight racing there mate!! Olala! :D

lunar
12th June 2007, 12:24 AM
here (http://rapidshare.com/files/36613238/karbo_ntsc_race_500.wmv.html) is my best for Karbo venom TT at 2.07.7. I used the ASA method of filming the TV. Unfortunately the TV volume was too low, so all you could hear was traffic and cats fighting outside. Not enough AG engine noise to be useful, so I took off the soundtrack and added one of my favourite choons. If you don`t like it - mute and put on your own. :D

here (http://rapidshare.com/files/36613572/karbo_ntsc_lap_500.wmv.html) is a silent movie of a 41.8 lap, complete with pitch control coaching instructions for this race. :blarg I kept it silent to make the file smaller - and once again those cats were at it outside, anyway.

Asayyeah
12th June 2007, 04:29 PM
Fantastic Stephen :rock, this is definitely the 'how-to-race-it' guide of venom Karbonis by a master ! You should copy your links ( from pal's one and lap + race ntsc ) into Ben's topic here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3913)

I really like the 'guide hand' for the lap, brilliant idea :clap
I must reckon i ve learnt a lot by watching you in action even we don't share the same view.

Now what i need is finding the right feeling to change my lines by adopting yours!

Thx a lot again for those sweet & clear videos :+

lunar
21st October 2007, 03:39 PM
not so much new wipeout video, but an old Japanese advert for it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO4yjr_v0tY). Haven`t seen it before - is this really Psygnosis staff in the video? ;)

The same user also has an insane lap of one of the Japanese prototypes on Wip3out.

Medusa
21st October 2007, 04:41 PM
LOL! Good find!

lunar
2nd December 2007, 10:00 PM
I`ve made some new WipEout videos – one for each track in the game, in the wrong order, starting with Korodera and ending with Karbonis. They`re all around four minutes, and each one (except the first) is a full race and some edited action.

I`ve well and truly spammed the internet with these and in order of picture quality they are on:

Download about 90-100 mb each (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1dc07032eabaad3091b20cc0d07ba4d2f22f9be8 d36dd172). These are my YouTube files I uploaded.

Download about 20mb each (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1dc07032eabaad3091b20cc0d07ba4d2ec1a166b 0f2b6ef0). Looks loads better than streaming sites.

Streaming on:

Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/spk3600) which maybe has slightly better picture quality than YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/spk3600) which has slightly better frame rate.

I also put various other WipEout videos, some fairly new and some old ones here (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1dc07032eabaad3091b20cc0d07ba4d2207edb81 7db04fc0)

stin
4th December 2007, 07:25 AM
Seen all you videos and they are all awesome. You must take all your spare time while editing all your videos?

Btw, On Korodera with Rapier class, I thought, that was an intro!:brickwall but brilliant stuff!!:beer

stevie:nod

Chill
7th December 2007, 06:09 AM
Those are brilliant... perhaps something like this could inspire a remake...

EDIT: Correction, for original Wipeout videos, these are "THE ****!!"

zargz
7th December 2007, 06:38 PM
the Korodera one was Beau-ti-ful!

nice remixing, arno!!! :clap

Asayyeah
8th December 2007, 03:29 AM
Arno :?: lol

Drunk is bad for fellow sweddish mate ;)

All credits come to Stephen not me cause...
...it's not me playing , not either i editing or remixing them

tss tss Pavel :sonar

zargz
9th December 2007, 05:42 PM
:D Ha! thought was too professional! :redface: hehe

go lunar! :clap

Chill
10th December 2007, 07:03 AM
I think the Terramax one is my fave... esp. at 1:30 after the first crash, and the music really starts to feel good. And the ending was quite impressive as well, hands down...

lunar
10th December 2007, 09:33 AM
thanks Chill. Terramax is a nervous breakdown in Pal SR because of the turbo boost you get from the AI ramming you and the long straights where you`re a sitting duck, and then if you get past them somehow (very carefully) you have to play hunt the turbo so you can do the shortcut, it`s a killer :brickwall. I intended to do a flashing glow effect on the slow motion section, to match the "warbling" vocal effect (not sure what this is called in musical terms), but YouTube couldn`t encode it properly.