PDA

View Full Version : Something incredible....

supersocks
31st March 2007, 10:23 PM
You may know this secret code in wipEout 3 SE which allows you to race as a team specific pit-droids instead of regular ships. But unfortunately it wasn't possible to race with the actual Curly-Chopper by using that code.

Or so it seemed...

A while ago I was googling for the all-unlock code to use when I was spending weekend on my parents house and didn't have my memory card with me. I stumbled upon a website in Google cache with w3ose codes which looked normal, but hold on - what is this chopper-code on top of the list? I immediately got the clue and tried it. Turned out that there actually is a code to unlock Curly-Chopper and use it as your vehicle. And something more...

curlychopper.mpg (http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/curlychopper.mpg)

A short video clip of Curly-Chopper in race as an evidence. Top speed and handling are pretty bad as you can see but that won't stop you for flying over the walls which gives some advantage. I apologise for a bad video quality; My DVD player doesn't seem to like PSX signal so I used my digicam instead:

The code is LOOFRPA. Couldn't find the site anymore. Give this as your default player name for both player one and player two. Then start any race with any ship. When the track has finished loading you'll be surprizingly playing some sort of a Lemmings-like minigame with several curlys. It's a pretty simplistic version of Lemmings but it still took some time to beat. After that, you are placed in the starting grid with Curly-Chopper as your ship! And this time even the sounds are more authentic.

;) Happy Curlying folks!

Task
31st March 2007, 10:34 PM
8 ) Ha-ha, very funny.

I _almost_ went to try it out.

andy
31st March 2007, 11:22 PM
that is class :D too bad I don't own wo3:se....yet *cue evil laughter*

infoxicated
1st April 2007, 08:33 AM
Classic! :D

Good find. :+

PIRANHA MASTER
1st April 2007, 06:43 PM
You may know this secret code in wipEout 3 SE which allows you to race as a team specific pit-droids instead of regular ships. But unfortunately it wasn't possible to race with the actual Curly-Chopper by using that code.

Or so it seemed...

A while ago I was googling for the all-unlock code to use when I was spending weekend on my parents house and didn't have my memory card with me. I stumbled upon a website in Google cache with w3ose codes which looked normal, but hold on - what is this chopper-code on top of the list? I immediately got the clue and tried it. Turned out that there actually is a code to unlock Curly-Chopper and use it as your vehicle. And something more...

curlychopper.mpg (http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/curlychopper.mpg)

A short video clip of Curly-Chopper in race as an evidence. Top speed and handling are pretty bad as you can see but that won't stop you for flying over the walls which gives some advantage. I apologise for a bad video quality; My DVD player doesn't seem to like PSX signal so I used my digicam instead:

The code is LOOFRPA. Couldn't find the site anymore. Give this as your default player name for both player one and player two. Then start any race with any ship. When the track has finished loading you'll be surprizingly playing some sort of a Lemmings-like minigame with several curlys. It's a pretty simplistic version of Lemmings but it still took some time to beat. After that, you are placed in the starting grid with Curly-Chopper as your ship! And this time even the sounds are more authentic.

;) Happy Curlying folks!
I don't know the secret code to race as a team specific pit-droids instead of regular ships.Can you speak to me?

Zerow
1st April 2007, 06:54 PM
Awesome! :)

I don't have SE yet either. Hopefully some time soon.

supersocks
2nd April 2007, 07:37 AM
April fool! (http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/curlychopper_full.mpg)

"Oh, poor man. Can't even handle his Icaras. Maybe I should give him a free ride! That'll make him happy. Help him finish first. No, wait. This definitely didn't went as I planned..."

I feel like I'm kind of insulting those who do not own SE with this AF stuff. :paperbag

PIRANHA MASTER
2nd April 2007, 01:57 PM
In my WO3SE it doesn't work the Curly-Chopper cheat,so I want to modify my game.I've finded the Curly-Chopper files,but i haven't find the Auricom files:frown: .Someone can help me?

Lance
2nd April 2007, 02:33 PM
As someone who doesn't have a way to play PAL region games, I am horribly horribly hORRIbly insulted. ;)

By the guy who made the decision to not release SE everywhere.

supersocks
2nd April 2007, 04:44 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but the whole Curly-Chopper code was an april fools' joke (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3783) which I posted. There's no way to use it as your vehicle in wipEout 3 SE as far as I know. The flying chopper in video was because of a major glitch in the game which I happened to catch on VHS. ;)

But who knows what you may come up with your modified version. Wish you luck.

Oh, and the code to use pit-droids is DROIDS. Give this as a default username for player one in options menu.

PIRANHA MASTER
2nd April 2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks!If I modify succesfully my game,I report to this topic the entire process for modify.

PIRANHA MASTER
2nd April 2007, 06:44 PM
Excuse me,but the files that I found are only videos.....:frown: Don't reply to me.Moderators,close this topic!

supersocks
2nd April 2007, 07:03 PM
Offtopic: Now what happened to this thread? It's all messed up. Well not exactly but it has kind of bizarre title... :p

Lance
3rd April 2007, 06:49 PM
What was the original title? I'll see if I can change it. Or, since you're the starter of the thread, can you change the title of your first post by editing?
I merged the threads together because PM was replying to this thread but started a separate one. I didn't see that the merge was giving the original thread the title of the new one.

Uh oh, with my Cloak of Infallibility rent asunder like this, I don't think They will ever let me be the Pope.

supersocks
4th April 2007, 03:13 PM
Not possible to change title... oh well. Wasn't such a big deal anyhow. Must try something similar with XL or Pulse next year. 8)

Lance
4th April 2007, 05:06 PM
Where there's a will...

there's either a ravening pack of inheritors...

or a way. :)

AmigoJack
5th April 2007, 12:49 PM
curly lemmings yeah.. ;-)

actually im interested in how this glitch rendered and if you have a longer video of it. im always open for oddities

supersocks
5th April 2007, 05:08 PM
The 7th post has link to longer video, buried under the screaming blue "that's definitely not a hyperlink" April Fool! -text. Or here:
http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/curlychopper_full.mpg (2.5MB)

AmigoJack
6th April 2007, 01:32 AM
missed that one. k thx :)
happy easter!

The Gracer
31st August 2007, 05:34 AM
hhah, just realised - the code LOOFRPA is APRFOOL backwards! :P

Just in case nobody noticed that.

swift killer
1st September 2007, 01:14 PM
i think SL should put Curly Chopper as a hidden team in future WipEouts :D:D:D

Medusa
1st September 2007, 03:41 PM
I can see it now...Orange County CurlyChoppers. Only one weapon available - the april fool's joke spewer. It maims opponents with forced laughter.;)

supersocks
1st September 2007, 04:53 PM
i think SL should put Curly Chopper as a hidden team in future WipEouts :D:D:D

Remember: No more TDR.

Chill
4th September 2007, 07:25 AM
As someone who doesn't have a way to play PAL region games, I am horribly horribly hORRIbly insulted. ;)

By the guy who made the decision to not release SE everywhere.

Agreed. :( I own it, and Wipeout 2097, yet have no way of playing either...

username
12th September 2007, 03:13 PM
Ha good find, that was a well funny video! Wonder if u can use the old hover crane from 2097 as well? tht would be kool!
BTW will this work on wip3out or only wip3out SE?