PDA

View Full Version : French wipers

xEik
6th June 2002, 02:37 PM
I was wondering if any of the French members of Wipeoutzone lives near Brest, because next year I'm going to continue my studies there.
Not having found a fellow wiper in Barcelona, maybe I'll be luckier there. :)

vincoof
16th August 2002, 07:42 PM
Doh! I can go ANYWHERE in France BUT not in Bretagne...
I mean, I know ppl that live almost everywhere on the country, but not around Brest :(
Gimme your address, I'll be sure to come see you if I get the chance to travel around Brest.

infoxicated
16th August 2002, 09:22 PM
Hey - wtf are you doing back!? ;) :lol:

Thruster2097
16th August 2002, 09:38 PM
...knew you couldnt resist for long, vinny....
its nice to see these old names coming back now and again.....

speaking of old names, I just read [:caz]`s new site homepage.... its great to hear how he still checks on us from time-to-time, and not a bad word about the place in sight!

I know its a bit ignorant of me, but whereabouts is bretagne, is that north, south... if its relativley close to the uk (i.e. northwest france) I could figure out omeway that I could visit..

xEik
16th August 2002, 10:55 PM
Look at the map here (http://casal.upc.es/~xeik23/arxius/cafran.gif) and Brest is the northern of the two capes pointing to the west.

A little far I may say. :(

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

vincoof
21st August 2002, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys !
Unfortunately, I don't have much time, so I'm not really coming back. Just a few checks there and there.
Gheez, taking about it... I haven't got my hand on WipEout since the day I left the board! :o

The funny point about Great Britain is that you frog killers are probably closer to Brest than me !
Note: in the map that xEik linked, I am in 'Midi Pyrenees' which is very close to Spain (where xEik was).

xEik: donnyu wanna gimme yur addy ?
(don't you want to give me your address ?)
You can mail me and/or private message me if you don't want it to be public.

I'm sorry that planetjumpgate.com has shut down. I didn't know.
Thrusty: what's this new site homepage you're talking about ? I'd be glad to take a look at it. TIA (infox: do you still hate acronyms ?;))

infoxicated
21st August 2002, 11:42 AM
YID!

(Yes I do ;))

What's that about Planet Jumpgate?

I didn't know that... He had thousands of members, though - how can it be?

I'll need to check this out...

infoxicated
21st August 2002, 11:53 AM
Wow - I looked and found the RIP page (getting to love acronyms now!).

That is kind of sad... it seems that Caz has moved onto other things now (again!), so I guess he's not too gutted about it.

Never had to shut a place down before - hopefully I never will. :)

Thruster2097
21st August 2002, 01:14 PM
[:caz]`s new site is g-blog.net. I have posted the link where he talks about us.
http://g-blog.net/user/Gossip/2002-03-04

...and whats that about us lot being frog killers...... you have to kill a frog before you eat it, dont you?.... :D

nope, this place will be shut down only over my dead and decaying carcas!
team `zone forever!

xEik
21st August 2002, 02:53 PM
My adress is as follows:

ENST Bretagne
TechnopĂ´le Brest-Iroise BP 832
29285 BREST Cedex

Inside the campus I'm in bâtiment I5 chambre 202

My PSX and WO3 copy are hundreds of kilometers away though, I had to leave it there due to luggage weight restrictions and I don't really like PSX emulators.

BTW Thruster, frog legs are very good indeed.

FROGS LEAD TO PERFECTION ! :P

vincoof
23rd August 2002, 11:27 PM
infox: you can't shut down as long as wipEout will exist, without hesitation that is forever ! ;)

thrusty: thanks for the link. And NO we don't kill frogs before eating them ; it's much more entertaining this way ! :P

xEik: thank you for the address. Hopefully I will use it someday :) How many years will you study in France, please ?
BTW, have your ever played wo3se xEik ? I'm sorry but I don't remember, it's been a while you know :roll:

xEik
24th August 2002, 02:59 PM
I'm just staying for one year, it's my last one at University. So, probably by September 2003 I will have finished my degree ("stage" included). Don't worry if we don't have the chance to meet during this time. :-?

And answering to your question: no, I've never played WO3SE although I own WO, WO2097 and WO3. All of them (and my PSX) are more then 1000 km away, though. :cry:

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !