PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Now Official!

Pages : 1 [2]

Sausehuhn
15th August 2007, 04:35 PM
What makes me wonder is that there's no word from officiall side about that.

Dr. Angryman
15th August 2007, 09:35 PM
:frown: I want it September.... *sigh* guess I'll have to wait a month. In the words of Ryuk, the shinigami from Death Note, "The human world is so cold."

Lance
15th August 2007, 09:38 PM
There I was thinking that the only Shinigami was Duo's Gundam. I shoulda known better.

MarcoM
16th August 2007, 06:04 AM
What makes me wonder is that there's no word from officiall side about that.

About the painting: well yes it does say so:

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item72316/From-Grid-to-Zone/

Sausehuhn
16th August 2007, 10:10 AM
So it's officiall then. October 2007. Cool stuff -.-

shunjalo
16th August 2007, 11:09 AM
A couple of days ago it said september. I guess that's it, then. More waiting. I hope we'll get a demo. If LocoRoco can have four of them (maybe more, but the four I have), Pulse could have one. Maybe. :) [Crosses fingers]

[Off topic] I've been wondering, if european version of Pure comes with a shareable demo on UMD, why wasn't it available for download as a regular demo? Was it size constrained? Just courious.

RJ O'Connell
16th August 2007, 08:40 PM
I'll put you all out of your misery - you shouldn't expect it for a while yet. A "proper" holding page will appear sooner than the finished site, so when you see that you'll know it's not far off.
Translation: Wait until Leipzig Games Conference. :P

infoxicated
16th August 2007, 09:30 PM
Nope. No translation needed. There was nothing hidden or implied in my post, RJ.

Dr. Angryman
16th August 2007, 09:58 PM
When is Leipzig? :?

RJ O'Connell
16th August 2007, 11:11 PM
It's next weekend.

@Rob: I'm not saying you were implying anything. I was simply taking an educated guess...

shunjalo
18th August 2007, 09:59 AM
Official European PSP site now lists the release date as November 2007. What's up with that? I wouldn't be surprised if the date later changes to "Christmass 2007". :brickwall

Man, I'm so nervous I've started bitting my nails. :D By the time this game ships, I'm afraid I'll pull all my hair out, too. :o

Mark Of Insanity
18th August 2007, 12:55 PM
I feel like it's not long until it ships but looking at the dates scares me - I don't know if I'll survive that long without Pulse! :o
If I don't make it, tell the Colonel that the 'Ski Trip' to Cuba is cancelled.

Dr. Angryman
18th August 2007, 02:14 PM
Hmmm.... I'm looking at other sites, and they still list Pulse for September....
But what do I know? Please let it ship soon! :(

Frances_Penfold
19th August 2007, 03:15 AM
Lack of a firm release date so late in the game is never a good sign, especially for an AAA release and system mascot like Wipeout.

I want to play Pulse as soon as possible but am now expecting this as a holiday release :xtree

It'll be worth it if the time allows for a smoother online experience-- or if it gives the franchise a broader user base. I'm always amazed how much game software sales are buoyed by the holiday season.

supersocks
19th August 2007, 10:05 AM
*cough*fusion*cough*

Dr. Angryman
19th August 2007, 02:21 PM
Keep your hopes up! A lack of a firm release date doesn't always mean it'll come out extremely late.

Task
19th August 2007, 02:25 PM
Lack of a firm release date so late in the game is never a good sign, especially for an AAA release and system mascot like Wipeout.I believe you're quite totally wrong there. And you too, supersocks. 8 )
Fusion had a firm release date. I think it had three of them, actually. THAT is a bad sign!
Release dates are invented by PR people, part of an advertising campaign to build hype. Pulse isn't a launch title, and since Pure was one of the best it doesn't need some huge marketing campaign. What a nice piece of software needs is the time to do it right. The lack of marketing at this point is looking like a very _good_ thing, nobody's trying to push Pulse out the door before it's really ready. I can't imagine a better sign, myself.

I more get the impression that they're going for surprise value with Pulse.
I'd expect a bit of an announcement in November: "Wipeout: Pulse, launching in two weeks!"

I want to play Pulse as soon as possible but am now expecting this as a holiday release :xtree

It'll be worth it if the time allows for a smoother online experience-- or if it gives the franchise a broader user base. I'm always amazed how much game software sales are buoyed by the holiday season.I see nothing wrong with a holiday release, then I can get it for XMas! Woot!

Since they seem to really be aiming for fantastic infrastructure play, I'm of the firm believe that a smooth online experience is _exactly_ what they're working hard at and what would take an indeterminate amount of time. Internet multiplayer at Phantom speeds is a _very_ difficult nut to crack. And with that as the core functionality, I expect simultaneous worldwide release as well.

It'll be ready when it's ready. They'll let us know. Reelaaxxx...

Dr. Angryman
19th August 2007, 02:37 PM
It'll be ready when it's ready. They'll let us know. Reelaaxxx...

I wish I can be as patient as you! But, I have to admit, I just want to know when it comes out more than ever, no matter how far away it is.... I hope that I am wrong and it comes sooner than I expect! ;)

RJ O'Connell
19th August 2007, 02:43 PM
Working on a movie set almost every day during filming has made me incredibly patient in time. Since it most likely appears that September will be out of the question, I'd expect an October release date worldwide, with maybe a difference of 1-2 weeks between regional releases.

Medusa
19th August 2007, 07:42 PM
Expect nothing, gain the world.

zargz
19th August 2007, 10:03 PM
LOL! yeh, I'm thinking prob'ly X-mass or next year. :D
but i don't mind coz I'm busy with Pure!
8)

Frances_Penfold
20th August 2007, 01:31 AM
The lack of marketing at this point is looking like a very _good_ thing, nobody's trying to push Pulse out the door before it's really ready. I can't imagine a better sign, myself.

I more get the impression that they're going for surprise value with Pulse.
I'd expect a bit of an announcement in November: "Wipeout: Pulse, launching in two weeks!"

I really hope you are right, Task, but to my recollection, I've NEVER seen a major game release launch that way. My experience is that the a firm release date is usually identified at least 1-2 months before the actual release, and that the marketing thing starts rolling 2-4 weeks before the release date. But hey, prove me wrong, SL! :)

Regardless, I must confess, I'm having so much fun with Pure right now that I probably won't miss the September window as much as I would have thought. I'm hoping to have Pulse release before the holidays though. :p

Dr. Angryman
20th August 2007, 01:53 AM
Your lucky Francis! As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with Pure (still getting in new times though. ;)) As you said, I hope the release date is not after the holidays.

zargz
20th August 2007, 10:33 AM
:o done with Pure??!
you been on kai yet?
(yippie kai yay?)
:D

Dr. Angryman
20th August 2007, 11:38 AM
Now that you mention that, maybe I'm just beginning Pure! :g

Ally Graham
20th August 2007, 11:46 AM
Does anyone have a good version of the new Pulse trailer that has also appeared on the holding page at wipeoutpulse.com?

supersocks
20th August 2007, 01:26 PM
It was available on some other page a while ago and the link was posted somewhere here on the forums but can't find it now.

More importantly, there is now a new teaser site!

zargz
20th August 2007, 01:59 PM
Now that you mention that, maybe I'm just beginning Pure! :g :nod aha! since you've completed Pure now you are as ready as you can be to go on kai, where the Real Fun begins! 8)

borell
20th August 2007, 02:07 PM
wipeoutpulse.com looks very nice! :)

I wonder if the rest comes after the Games Convention in Leipzig...

Btw, that other page where the trailer was posted:
video: WipEout Pulse (http://play.tm/story/12249) (from play.tm)

Below is a direct link to the flash video embedded in the page above.
12240_1_1.flv (http://v.play.tm/12249_1_1.flv)

Frances_Penfold
20th August 2007, 02:39 PM
Wow, cooling looking website! Fun.

I've watched that video before but it always gives me chills-- the music is great and I like the appearance of some of the new tracks. :)

Mad-Ice
20th August 2007, 08:31 PM
That site is looking good indeed!!! I wonder what is to be seen in Leipzig?

swift killer
20th August 2007, 09:40 PM
Studio Liverpool have done it again! Yet another uber-cool website.

mason - exceeder, the tune that makes WipEout sexy!!!

RJ O'Connell
21st August 2007, 12:12 AM
Seriously, this design is so amazingly awesome, it's beyond comprehension.

Dr. Angryman
21st August 2007, 01:37 AM
Hexagons+WipEout=AWESOME! :g Can't wait to here info from GC. WOW!

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/WipEout+Pulse/news.asp?c=3970&srch=WipEout+Pulse

New Pulse preveiw from GC! Screenshots are awesome, of course. One shows a strange wall-less hairpin lined with speed pads. Cool! They even say there is a new weapon, the homing mine. Awesome! :g

Frances_Penfold
25th August 2007, 02:12 AM
Excellent find, Angryman!

Late September is earlier than I had possibly hoped!

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2007, 02:32 AM
That new-looking track...the one with the rather wide hairpin....reminds me of Citta Nuova. Only with more room to run off, and hopefully the gravity effects won't force snap oversteer into the inside wall, like Shitta.

Dr. Angryman
25th August 2007, 02:55 AM
Just look at all those speed pads! If that photo shows the forward version, imagine how it'd be in reverse! A turbo at Shitta is the worst thing in the world.... :brickwall

Can't wait to see the homing mine!

Dr. Angryman
26th August 2007, 12:13 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wipeoutpulse/images.html?sid=6177650&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

New screens on Gamespot. May not look new at first, but scroll down! ;) Some of the new screens show a normal race with Zone ships, and some menu screenies. The menu shots show some interesting features, such as a weapons graph (shows you how many of each weapon you used), a mode graph (the same as the weapons graph, except this time it is for time spent on various game modes), an updated "ship stats" screen, an in-game manual, and a Fox News-esque news scroller on the bottom of the menu that gives you some "did you know" facts. Interesting indeed! :g

Ally Graham
26th August 2007, 07:27 AM
Very nice find, and some cool graphics coming our way, they really have done alot of work for Pulse.

Riccardo Raccis
26th August 2007, 12:39 PM
Looking better and better. VERY possibly the best Wipeout to date, mesays :D

Dr. Angryman
26th August 2007, 03:02 PM
Best game on PSP, mesays! :g

Dj Ziggy
27th August 2007, 12:15 PM
This is to bad for our dutch wipe-out'ers
This game is delayed until october
It was first 9th of september but now I have to wait much longer...

Dr. Angryman
27th August 2007, 01:36 PM
If it's delayed until October in Europe, imagine when it'll come out in the US. *sigh* :brickwall

Riccardo Raccis
28th August 2007, 06:23 PM
Delayed till Novemver according to the Italian website.

They either have problem or a sudden, last-minute burst of inspiration.

Either case, it's gonna be improved beyond wherever it's now.

Yeah I'm an optimist :nod

Flashback Jack
28th August 2007, 08:02 PM
Plenty of Pure records to beat in the meantime, my friends. Pick one and crush it. That should hold you over until Pulse arrives.

- F

Kansas
29th August 2007, 07:10 PM
This is awesome. I just found out about Pulse. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm glad the forum is brimming with activity again.

Mobius
29th August 2007, 08:51 PM
Hey man, welcome back! How's life treating you?

Dr. Angryman
29th August 2007, 10:42 PM
I don't believe we've met, Kansas, so HI! :g You've just found out about Pulse, eh? You have a lot of info and media to look at, for the time being.

Kansas
31st August 2007, 01:08 AM
Hey man, welcome back! How's life treating you?

Been doing great. Working and enjoying life. I'm currently stoked because I am to interview David Beckham for DUB Magazine in the next month or so.

FurryKing
2nd September 2007, 02:02 AM
Plenty of Pure records to beat in the meantime, my friends. Pick one and crush it. That should hold you over until Pulse arrives.

- F

Heh. I'll be mastering Fusion to tide me over.

The Gracer
4th September 2007, 07:39 AM
Man, i CRAVE the skin design tool. i NEED it. My brain will explode if the official website doesnt change in the next few weeks, and having the game paid off and ready to be picked up on release isnt helping at all!

Dr. Angryman
6th September 2007, 11:03 PM
....look at this....

http://kingplayer.blog.playersrepublic.fr/archive/2007/09/05/le-planing-sony-computer-entertainment.html

I can't read most of this, but I'm pretty sure it says WipEout Pulse is due December.

:brickwall

MarcoM
7th September 2007, 12:39 PM
from what I 've read on Dutch site psponly, S announced WOPulse will be due for December.

bummer

infoxicated
7th September 2007, 02:03 PM
It's amazing how quickly a hoax release list can spread around the internet and be taken as official.

Sausehuhn
7th September 2007, 03:49 PM
I do understand all this speculation - people are waiting for the game and there's still no official word from Sony. And because the original date was September and everybody's wondering why Sony does not give us any specific release date, everybody starts searching for the real release.
Consequentially we're searching for more sources that offer these dates.

The only problem: they all differ.

Tomahawk
7th September 2007, 07:18 PM
It's amazing how quickly a hoax release list can spread around the internet and be taken as official.

That's why I usually don't comment on these kind of things. Speculating about the release date or why the game's not on the market by now won't speed up the game's development in any way. It'll be released when it's finished - that's how things work... nothing else to be said...

Hellfire_WZ
7th September 2007, 08:43 PM
The only people I'm gonna listen to with regards to this release is the official site. Let's face it, as it's a Sony release they're gonna be the ones who knows when it's coming out.

Dr. Angryman
7th September 2007, 09:56 PM
Well, sorry for posting that then. I should really consider whether or not I'm gullible at times like these.... Meh.... *starts playing WipEout Pure*

rdmx
8th September 2007, 03:43 AM
It'll be released when it's finished
Duke Nukem forever anyone?

EDIT: pulse isnt gonna turn out like dn4ever id hope :D

The Gracer
9th September 2007, 07:27 AM
Sorry to divert from topic so violently, but has anyone else noticed that searching 'wipeout pulse' in google just brings up IGN and gamespot pages? the official site is probably a little deeper, but dont you think it should be the first link on the search?

rdmx
9th September 2007, 07:39 AM
I'd hazard a guess because it's a flash site, and there isn't much text based things on there.
Also, not as many sites link to www.wipeoutpulse.com

Ally Graham
9th September 2007, 08:00 AM
I have just submitted wipeoutpulse.com manually for google to index, normally takes a couple of days from what i have seen in the past.

Chill
10th September 2007, 04:48 AM
I've just decided to say... Wipeout Pules lookes like the best Wipeout I've ever seen in my LIFE!!!

Flashback Jack
5th October 2007, 08:30 PM
In case you all haven't noticed, the content for http://www.wipeoutpulse.com just went live not too long ago.

- F

borell
5th October 2007, 09:03 PM
WOW! :O

Thanks for the news, flashback. :)

Rapier Racer
5th October 2007, 09:28 PM
My god this game has a fantastic soundtrack!!! I think I'll be holding off on the custom soundtrack for a little while. And oh look at that AG-S won the championship...

Dr. Angryman
5th October 2007, 10:16 PM
WOW!

Fave circuits: Vertica (awesome height changes), The Amphiseum (Garde Europa JJJUUUMMMPPP!!!), and Fort Gale (rain, rain, and awesomness). :g
Fave team: AG5Y5
Fave weapon: Repulsor (BOOM! Everyone around you gets knocked out.... Awesome....)

WOW!

lunar
5th October 2007, 10:42 PM
Great spot, Flash, I`d totally forgotten about this. A track in the UK at last, and in Wales, no less, awesome. And Platinum Rush.... SilverStream.... both in Greenland and both related to a precious metal and a form of motion. Now where do I claim my prize? :paperbag

Also the Qirex, Piranha and Assegai are too lush.....

Quite a lot of mag-lock, it seems, but looking at the video clips on the site I have a feeling it`s going to work well, and may also cut down on silly low altitude semi-random barrel rolls that plague Pure.

Bombs time out and blow up, it says, which will change things a bit. I`m really scared of that Leech thing in the hands of some of the players here.

Really great site, congrats to the SL people for that. :rock

Dr. Angryman
5th October 2007, 11:24 PM
And Platinum Rush.... SilverStream.... both in Greenland and both related to a precious metal and a form of motion. Now where do I claim my prize?

I also thought that too, but you beat me there in saying it first, fair and square. :D

I also like the difference between the black and white runs on Metropia. On White, the track spirals up a skyscraper. On Black, it plunges into the depths of the city, before looping upright again. Neat. 8)

Medusa
6th October 2007, 12:43 AM
:o When I went through the site, :o again when I think about it.

Beautiful website Mr.Foxx!! I am absolutely :hyper about almost everything on that site!! Looks gorgeous!! Time for me to get an 8 GB memory stick I think!

I have a feeling I'll be absorbing a lot of shurikens though...

AG-SYS won the championship, AG-SYS won the championship...*sings* Nice backstories in there.;) I admired my next ship with a bit of drooling. Not very becoming but how does one prevent that anyways??

I love how the autopilot is described as an automated expert pilot. I'm assuming it won't fly you off the track or into walls like it does in Pure! Sounds great, like a real autopilot should be!! (For those cheaters like me who occasionally use them when they get them.)

Only one thing missing on that site: the release date.:p

Chill
6th October 2007, 01:07 AM
I like most of the race-tracks, but dis-like most of the song-tracks, but it's all good. Always got the possibility to download music now!!! Yeeeaaaiiiaaahh!!! ;)

supersocks
6th October 2007, 01:09 AM
From EG-X description:
So look for this dark horse partnership between China and Sweden to be strong contenders at the front of the grid.

Rob... explanation, please.

Asayyeah
6th October 2007, 01:19 AM
Gorgeous :rock

We stopped Kai , following advice from Sox & RR to look at the new pulse site, reading all datas that site is listing and WOW :o this is a top quality one.
Rob, SL you did a huge job.

' ad hoc and full infrastructure mode, with up to 8 players supported '
Make that really possible and whoshhh :guitar

Dr. Angryman
6th October 2007, 01:55 AM
I like most of the race-tracks, but dis-like most of the song-tracks, but it's all good.

I love the soundtrack! It's much faster than Pure's, which I love. ;) Any reason why you don't like it? :?

Lion
6th October 2007, 02:56 AM
wow, did a great job of upping my anticipation :P
In the bottom 3 weapons clips the ship is the shape of AG-Sys, but is green and silver.. is that a new alternate paintjob for AG-Sys (I notice that their wallpaper is black/white/teal green), or a custom paintjob, or another team (eg: mirage?)

rdmx
6th October 2007, 03:23 AM
Nice site Rob! :rock
Can't wait for the game to come out! Then I can start leech beaming you all to oblivion!

Ally Graham
6th October 2007, 08:23 AM
Very, very nice looking site.

I have one issue, It does not seem to want to open in Firefox, or is it just me :(

stin
6th October 2007, 09:28 AM
Now seen the weapons and they are bloody awesome!, I liiiike the repusler!!,

A question though, Can you do any chance for a certain codes for Asa? so he cannot use any weapons and we want to thrash him on kai!!!:p

stevie:g

Rapier Racer
6th October 2007, 10:23 AM
It does not seem to want to open in Firefox, or is it just me :(

Viewing here with Firefox no problems

lol @ Stin, thats not necessary! :p

Lovely, new screensaver and wallpaper :)

Ally Graham
6th October 2007, 01:44 PM
Started working by itself, lol.

Wow! Just looked deeper into the site, so swish!

Rapier Racer
6th October 2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah good to see the FHHHHHH 400 is finally up and running, what does an H look like in that font then considering thats supposed to be an X?

RJ O'Connell
6th October 2007, 01:57 PM
^ Lower case?

I am loving the new site.

Riccardo Raccis
6th October 2007, 03:06 PM
Gorgeous site. Can't hear the music yet, but only because I'm on a speakerless computer (yes, such things actually still exist).

Just one minor complaint... BASILICO?

Aw c'mon people. That's Italian for basil. You know... green little leaves... which you put on your pizza...

At least the guys at SL could have make Basilico the Sicilian track.
Come to think again about it, maybe not.

Mmm... pizza.
Curse. Now I'm hungry.

Gorgeous site. I so love the EG.X background. Oooh, and screensavers and STUFF... SL did it again, in huge style.

:clap:rock

Frances_Penfold
6th October 2007, 03:17 PM
Wow, glad Flashback saw this-- beautiful, I love it! Very excited about this :)

Still no official date, eh?

RJ O'Connell
6th October 2007, 03:20 PM
Doesn't look like it, but I'm placing a reserve order soon anyway, confirmed shipping/release date be damned.

Ricardo: Had pizza last night. Thanks but no thanks XD

Frances_Penfold
6th October 2007, 03:25 PM
Reserve order for an import from the UK? I'm thinking about this as well, just curious how exactly other folks were planning to do the import.

Also- it is interesting that the website does not currently have a link for Canada or U.S. at the introduction page-- or am I missing something? It is refreshing to NOT visit a U.S.-centered website but the exclusion is curious :)

Riccardo Raccis
6th October 2007, 03:27 PM
Also: they changed the name of the Anasazi track.

RJ O'Connell
6th October 2007, 03:50 PM
Tech De Ra reminds me of the track "Flames Of Ra" in Quantum Redshift. I don't particularly like the name change.

Dr. Angryman
6th October 2007, 05:01 PM
Hmmmm.... I wonder why they changed the name....

But I love the circuits, all of them. I like the differences you see between the white and black circuits too. :)

Rapier Racer
6th October 2007, 05:02 PM
The game is identical for all regions they probably didn't see the point, what would be the difference? Maybe a few minor differences in spelling? Waste of time.

MarcoM
6th October 2007, 06:43 PM
This updated site makes the wait till december even harder. But boy o boy, this looks like a AAA title to me. Can't wait for it!!!! :hyper :hyper :hyper

Ally Graham
6th October 2007, 07:22 PM
We may come to some arrangement if people really want an import Pulse from the UK.

RJ O'Connell
6th October 2007, 07:25 PM
^ I am only pondering the idea for the moment, shipping would be an arse-load, but it would be well worth it!

Frances_Penfold
6th October 2007, 07:43 PM
IMO it would absolute be worth the cost of the import, assuming that the wait is more than 1-2 weeks.

Hopefully we can learn more about the true release date soon so we poor North America sobs can make plans for importing! :)

Hellfire_WZ
6th October 2007, 08:03 PM
Wow, site looks fantastic! :)

Although I'm a bit concerned at some of the new team logos as putting them into ASCII for the guide is gonna be a bitch ;)

Any chance of seeing widescreen versions of the wallpaper in the future? Already installed the Triakis screensaver, works great.

Lion
6th October 2007, 09:26 PM
Any chance of seeing widescreen versions of the wallpaper in the future?
1920*1200 is a widescreen res (my monitor's res too :))
also I just noticed that the PSP res wallpapers are different to their full size counterparts! *saves them all*

Dr. Angryman
6th October 2007, 09:29 PM
Has anyone noticed the cool-looking ship on the online section of the features menu? It's currently unknown but it looks pretty sweet. ;)

This game is going to be AAA in my opinion. It's gonna ROCK! :rock

Lion
6th October 2007, 09:33 PM
looks a bit like a repainted goteki, but the cabin looks longer and lower

Rapier Racer
6th October 2007, 09:43 PM
Has anyone noticed the cool-looking ship on the online section of the features menu?

We could be looking at a new Auricom there, unless thats Harimau that would be one huge makeover

Dr. Angryman
6th October 2007, 09:50 PM
Harimau's new slogan: "Kickass Philanthropists"

Chill
7th October 2007, 05:55 AM
Yeah!! That would be cool if we could customize our slogans too!!! (mine would be "gonna kick yo' beeotch ass!!), lol!!

Flashback Jack
7th October 2007, 09:47 PM
Metropia (Black) and Basilico (Canada!) for the win. Dystopic urban city centers? Sing, baby. As my boy Billy Gibson would say -- EDGE.

"The sky above the port was the color of television.."

The massive drop on the Amphiseum is crazy. That's gonna be a time trial nightmare.

- F

Dr. Angryman
8th October 2007, 02:44 AM
I love that huge drop on Metropia Black. Reminds me of Katamoda's huge drop in Fusion, the one that goes straight down then under itself for an "upside-down question mark" effect. Nice. 8)

I also like the jump before the grandstand in Amphiseum. Reminds me of Garde Europa in XL.

Wait:

Metropia has same drop as Katamoda 12.

Amphiseum has jump like Garde Europa.

Platinum Rush has a title similar to that of Silverstream.

Talon's Junction sounds like Talon's reach.

It looks like they're taking a lot of inspiration from previous games. Good idea! ;)

q_dmc12
8th October 2007, 05:06 AM
Looks like repulsor is much like the gravity bomb from fusion

Chill
8th October 2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah!! That's a good observation q_dmc... didn't think of that!! ;) I simply like the toned-down color use of the tracks from Pure... never cared for a hell-a-lotta brightness blinding my eyes... :blarg

Sausehuhn
8th October 2007, 08:24 AM
Just by the way: has anybody else noticed the ship/names/nicks/what-ever in the bomb-video?

rdmx
8th October 2007, 08:59 AM
I did, but it looks a bit cluttered.

Dr. Angryman
8th October 2007, 05:50 PM
I didn't.... I have poor eyesight....

Rapier Racer
8th October 2007, 06:33 PM
I did after you pointed it out, did I also see numbers after the names? Could that be eliminator mode and thats the counter?

Dr. Angryman
8th October 2007, 07:09 PM
Oh, you mean that.... Yes, that is an "Eliminator counter" because the weapons featured in that video are Eliminator-exclusive.

The Gracer
10th October 2007, 04:57 AM
Sorry to flip out and talk about something completely different, but....

I WANT THE LIVERY EDITOR!!

Sorry.....i think its out of my system for good now. on a more serious note - is there any news anywhere on the all-knowing internet (or the also all-knowing Rob :D) about when we can expect this? i remember either reading or being told that it would be pre release so im eagerly awaiting it, to design some cool ships to race with before i even play :P

Dr. Angryman
10th October 2007, 11:26 AM
Most of the sites say that it'll be released in the EU on October 28th. But what do I know?

Mobius
10th October 2007, 03:10 PM
Mabey, the'll announce it with 10 days notice and say we can pay what we want for it...

...oh no wait, thats already been done hasnt it? :p

Asayyeah
10th October 2007, 04:05 PM
...on October 28th...
Sunday as a launch date : that is a good one :rolleyes:

Frances_Penfold
10th October 2007, 06:58 PM
^^
Happens sometimes in North America for really big releases-- Zelda: Twilight Princess released on a Sunday, if I recall correctly.

But I would be shocked if the game isn't AT LEAST 4-6 weeks from coming out. I can't imagine that a stealth release is a good idea for a solid, long-standing franchise like Wipeout.

rdmx
11th October 2007, 07:50 AM
Haha Mobius!

If anyone didn't know, this is reffering to Radiohead's new album 'In Rainbows'.

Dr. Angryman
29th October 2007, 12:58 AM
Does anyone notice the slight problem with Vertica's map compared to the video? In the video, the first turn after the start/finish line is to left. On the map, the first turn is to the right. Also, in the video, there is a jump before the Mag-Strip spiral. It's not on the map. I wonder why. :?

Lion
29th October 2007, 05:23 AM
Which video?
both the little clips (black/white) on wipeoutpulse.com match up to the map

Dr. Angryman
29th October 2007, 01:43 PM
The weapons video of the missile. It's on the Black Run. Also, you can see the jump on the auto-pilot video.

mclarensmps
29th October 2007, 09:36 PM
Sorry to flip out and talk about something completely different, but....

I WANT THE LIVERY EDITOR!!

What's happening with that, anyway?? lol.

Dr. Angryman
2nd November 2007, 10:41 PM
Gamespot has released a hands-on impressions article about WipEout Pulse (finally!).

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/wipeoutpulse/news.html?page=1&sid=6182175&part=rss&tag=gs_all_games&subj=6182175

They say the same things other game sites have said months before, except there is one little detail: they say Pulse's release date in December is going to be global. I'm not sure what that means, but what I think they're saying is that there will be no delay between the UK and the US releases. If that's true, then my life for the next month is going to be perfect! :g

RJ O'Connell
3rd November 2007, 12:30 AM
Don't forget Australia, Canada, Japan and the rest of Europe.

If this is the case I'll just go ahead and pay for the entire game now...and not have to hassle with any cash issues first week of December ^_^

Rapier Racer
4th November 2007, 11:57 AM
Why do you think Gamespot are always so slow with their opinions of games? They probably stole their opinion from IGN. Gamespot are about as reliable as Windows Vista.

The Gracer
5th November 2007, 01:05 AM
Hehe, i have Mac OS X 10.5 - i dont have the vista problems. ;)

When can we expect the livery editor? Im sure i remember reading that it would be released before the game, so we had a chance to mess around before we play as a bit of a teaser, but there hasn't been any word.... :S

(i did mention this in a previous post, but either EVERYONE mis-read it or no-one understood it so i made it a bit clearer :p)

Lance
6th November 2007, 11:19 AM
This computer has Windows98, a tremendous usability advance over Vista.

tapioca
6th November 2007, 01:50 PM
When can we expect the livery editor? Im sure i remember reading that it would be released before the game, so we had a chance to mess around before we play as a bit of a teaser, but there hasn't been any word.... :S

From what i can remember (i think it was Colin's words), the livery editor was supposed to go online in august when the game was still planned for a september release (exactly 1 month before).
Now that december 7th seems to be the official date, i bet we can expect the livery editor very soon… Well, november 7th is coming tomorrow so who knows ?

infoxicated
6th November 2007, 02:36 PM
Don't expect to see the official site with skin editor before December.

It ain't finished yet. :bomb

Sausehuhn
6th November 2007, 03:10 PM
:|

Shame that is.
Is it at least planned to have an update of the site this month? Maybe some videos? Or screens? Or what ever?

infoxicated
6th November 2007, 03:23 PM
The Wipeout Pulse site is expected to be updated before launch, yes.

It'll add some content. And hopefully we'll get my Swedish/Finnish EG-X back story cock-up fixed.

Rapier Racer
6th November 2007, 03:27 PM
Would the release date of the game be pushed back until the site is ready?

infoxicated
6th November 2007, 03:43 PM
No, it wouldn't.

tapioca
6th November 2007, 04:29 PM
I remember reading that the livery editor was already done… Maybe the program itself was ok, but it needed to be tweaked within the website's graphical interface… It might even get some little refinement, so that is kinda good news.
Have a good time with the EG-X backstory, Rob…

Rapier Racer
6th November 2007, 04:56 PM
It'll be appreciated whenever its ready, there will be plenty in Pulse to keep us all busy and perhaps the livery editor will slip out our minds, then it suddenly goes live and ooooo what a nice treat :cowboy

The Gracer
7th November 2007, 12:40 AM
Ok, thanks for clearing that up Rob :) i was starting to get a little worried about the whole thing being forgotten or something.

Im not fussed about when i get it, just as long as it hasnt been rushed due to my incessant pestering xD

Id feel really bad if that happened.

Dr. Angryman
7th November 2007, 01:16 AM
Hey, infoxicated, can you tell me about the Vertica map? As I said before, I can't see the similarity between the map and the videos (mostly in the missile and the autopilot videos). :? Pretty please? :g

Dr. Angryman
11th November 2007, 10:38 PM
Here's a little German video of Pulse. I can't understand German, so I'm not sure if they're talking about any new content or a release date. :| At least the revised "3, 2, 1, GO!" countdown graphic is a little more pleasing to the eye than the last one, IMO. ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1304006875071525161&q=Wipeout+pulse&total=104&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=0

Enjoy! :)

Update: Another German video... of Eliminator Mode! The menus on Pulse look as awesome as ever with the new track maps. Also, I can't hear it completely but I think I hear an announcer speaking during the "introduction" of a race. Finally, when a weapon's projectile goes out of bounds of the track, a greenish shield deploys to keep the explosion from the spectators. Sweet. 8)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8721210647435989743&q=Wipeout+pulse&total=104&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=1

Chill
11th November 2007, 11:44 PM
SWEET!! I am yet surprised even now at how great the graphics look of all the weapons and the tracks and lights... it's rediculous how all that can be put into such a little device that lays in the palms or your hands!!

Sausehuhn
12th November 2007, 05:47 AM
I saw that 2nd video live in TV, it's a german games show. The guy who is playing has absolutely no clue how to handle the game, though. He has just played it a bit for the preview (you can see almost everything is locked and he doens't even know what airbrakes are).
Anyway; where do you see the spectator shield? At which minute is it?

Egg
12th November 2007, 09:12 AM
Crkey. That guy is useless.

You can see the shield effect at about 3:40 on the second vid

Sausehuhn
12th November 2007, 09:26 AM
Wuah! I love that!!
You guys really read the forums and our suggestions!! ;)

q_dmc12
13th November 2007, 03:22 PM
haha, the second video is hilarious! :D

OUH!:p

Dr. Angryman
14th November 2007, 01:02 AM
Why is it hilarious, might I ask?

Sausehuhn
14th November 2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe because he drives amazingly bad for someone who wants to make a serious preview? :D

supersocks
14th November 2007, 12:52 PM
No elitism, please. It takes some guts to drive on rapier without any practise.

Sausehuhn
14th November 2007, 03:17 PM
But if you make a serious preview you should at least make yourseld familiar with the game's controls and tracks. Sorry, but can you take him serious if he tells you that there is not even a memory stick in the PSP, thus no, and I mean no, savegame? He obviously didn't even know how to recharge the ship's energy or that air brakes do exist!
Sorry, but if I want to make a serious preview I try at least to get used to the controls!

Flashback Jack
14th November 2007, 07:07 PM
As a demonstration of technology, the review serves its purpose (kinda). As a demonstration of skill, it clearly does not, however I don't feel it's within the scope of a review to need to demonstrate any. Besides, those guys probably have other things to do, like review a dozen other games and publish web columns, etc.

- F

Sausehuhn
14th November 2007, 07:17 PM
If you understand German you will notice very fast that they do not know much about the game. If somebody previews something I expect them to look into the subject.
Sure, they don't have to know everything about the game and its history. But that preview is, except for the videos, totally useless. He actually says just what's written on a sheet (and he says something wrong about the loyalty bonus as well...) and that's it.
It was nice to watch (and that's it basically if you do not understand German), but if you were expecting a real look into the game (and that's what you expect when they have it the 1st time in their show) then you're on the wrong way.

Flashback Jack
14th November 2007, 07:50 PM
Considering that reviews are essentially news reporting, yes, I agree with you that they should communicate factual information leveraged by a reasonable degree of research. If they fail in the facts department, the credibility of their review suffers and may negatively impact opinions toward them as reviewers, or worse, toward the game. One cannot assume an audience has access to all the facts, so a reviewer as a technology reporter shoulders that burden.

Frankly, even if the review were in English, I wouldn't care for much about what any one reviewer says anyway, because I'm used to considering three sources at a minimum to guage factual consistency -- the more the better. If a reviewer has his facts on backward, strike his ass out and move on.

Putting it all together, this might be a sucky review overall, but if an intelligent consumer's buck stops with this one review, fifty lashes for being an idiot. Aside from this, I still don't think it's necessary that a reviewer demonstrates any semblance of skill, but in the case of Pulse they should know enough to be able to tell people that there are airbrakes. :)

- F

Dr. Angryman
19th November 2007, 11:41 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=572513926762117070&q=Wipeout+Pulse&total=108&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=0

A PSP Reporter vid. Nothing new except....

*cue drum-roll*

A vid of how the ship skin editor will look like. Sweet. :)

Flashback Jack
19th November 2007, 01:51 PM
Short, but hardcore. And the dude doing the interview looks uncannily like our own intrepid reporter, one Mr. Vic Cachou.

- F

lunar
19th November 2007, 03:16 PM
"the best feeling anti-gravity ship since Wipeout came along 12 long years ago"

As all original WipEout fans know, it`s all about the feeling, baby, so let`s hope he`s right!

It does seem to be Herr Vic, the long lost cousin of our globetrotting FFF cameraman. ;)

Asayyeah
19th November 2007, 06:50 PM
Lol.
He has something similar to our wellknown Vic.
It has the taste but it's not the original :D

Elhabibpatrick : possibly a workmate from Martin ( our Elhabib member ) ?

Dr. Angryman
23rd November 2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15479/532/

Official release date for Pulse in Australia is 12/06/07. Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

Frances_Penfold
23rd November 2007, 05:32 PM
Good spotting, Angryman!

I will be ordering this from an import site sometime this weekend-- want to get my copy as early as possible :)

Sausehuhn
23rd November 2007, 05:38 PM
So 12th December sounds final. Amazon has that listed, too :)

Dr. Angryman
23rd November 2007, 06:29 PM
YEAH BOOOOOOOY!

Please ignore that Flavor Flav reference.... :dizzy

Frances_Penfold
23rd November 2007, 07:47 PM
Wait, so is it the 12th, or the 6th?

DVDcrave (Australia) is listing the 6th...
http://www.dvdcrave.com/products/product.jsp?pid=36442

Not that 6 days really matters-- looks more and more certain for a PAL release in 2007! Yeah! :nod

Dr. Angryman
23rd November 2007, 09:08 PM
But what about America?

Suddenly, living in Alabama has no more perks. Bummer. :(

rdmx
24th November 2007, 01:16 AM
6th December 2007 over here eh? Rock on! Finally. :rock

Frances_Penfold
24th November 2007, 03:58 AM
Hey Angryman, you can import for <$50-- it's not SO bad :)

I'm just glad the game has a firm (?) release date SOMEWHERE at this point...

Dr. Angryman
24th November 2007, 01:57 PM
But isn't there a problem with playing a game from another country on a PSP you bought in America? (I was never good with electronics, so I'm sorry that I don't know this already.) :paperbag

Medusa
24th November 2007, 02:29 PM
No problems - the games are region-free. So any PSP should be able to play any game. Just the UMD movies are region-locked.

Frances_Penfold
24th November 2007, 03:12 PM
Yep, Angryman, many of us fellow Americans/Canadians have imported the PAL UMD for Wipeout Pure to get access to the extra tracks-- the PSP is 100% region free for games, no need for hacking or special settings, nothing! Also, a UMD from the UK or AU will have an english language option, so you don't need to worry about that, either.

Import without fear! :nod

Lion
24th November 2007, 07:50 PM
EB tells me that I can expect my copy of Pulse on Dec14 here in New Zealand

rdmx
24th November 2007, 11:18 PM
UK or AU will have an english language option

I don't know why, but I find that comment unintentionaly hilarious, as if we speak "Australian" down here.

Frances_Penfold
25th November 2007, 01:10 AM
Very sorry if that came across as insulting-- not my intent!

Most importing that North Americans do is from JPN, and for most games imported from JPN, the game is only in Japanese-- but sometimes there is an option for English in a JPN game. That's what I was referencing! I don't have that much experience with PAL games but don't they usually offer multiple language options at the title screen? For example, it's not like games released in Europe are localized for each country there, right? You simply select your language preference-- with english as one option. Maybe?

Of course, with Wipeout, it probably wouldn't be THAT hard to play a game in another language :)

Dr. Angryman
25th November 2007, 02:15 AM
Thanks guys! :) I really needed to know that!

G'Kyl
25th November 2007, 07:22 AM
I don't have that much experience with PAL games but don't they usually offer multiple language options at the title screen?

Usually, yes, and often games "look" at the language settings of your console/handheld. As for Germany, there's this unfortunate tendency that games would come in only one language, so localized releases can't be played in their original version. :(

Ben

rdmx
25th November 2007, 08:55 AM
I think that might be because of Germany's strict censoring laws. A lot of games with gore are forced to get rid of the gore (or at best, tone it down) before being released.

Case in point: Far Cry

G'Kyl
25th November 2007, 10:45 AM
I think that might be because of Germany's strict censoring laws.

As much as I like to complain about them, they're not the reason for it. Happens to sports and all kinds of games.

Dr. Angryman
29th November 2007, 12:49 PM
Yay! Some new screenies of WipEout Pulse multiplayer!

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/882/882255/img_5096452.html

:)

Flashback Jack
29th November 2007, 02:13 PM
Nothing much new in this one, but more info nonetheless:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/28/wipeout-pulse-update/

- F

Rapier Racer
29th November 2007, 10:25 PM
Do we have a release date yet? I find the lack of information from Sony a little frustrating :( other studios always see to announce delays and an actual date in the first place. Pulse just seems to keep getting shoved back with a new totally random release date put up by retailers. I'm assuming its not coming out next week like half the shopping sites I check said since we've heard no official word?

GAME - 7th
Play - 7th
Shopto.net - 7th
Amazon - 14th
HMV - 14th
Gamefaqs - 12th Europe TBA US
IGN Releases list NOT EVEN ON IT!!

I've seen another date too trying to find it.

Frances_Penfold
29th November 2007, 11:22 PM
DVD Crave (AUS) is now saying December 13th (up from December 6th a few days back).

I'm wondering about this as well-- I'm fully prepared to pre-order an import copy but am a little worried that the game will be pushed back at the last minute to an '08 release.

A while back somebody here posted this...

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15479/532/

... which sounds official but I've yet to see an official release date directly from Sony.

Dr. Angryman
29th November 2007, 11:35 PM
I posted that! :) And yes, it is official.

Frances_Penfold
30th November 2007, 12:17 AM
Ah, I should have guessed it was you, Angryman ;) I bookmarked the page but didn't remember who had suggested it.

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and put in my pre-order... it's worth the slight risk of the game being delayed, to be in queue to get this shortly after release

BARTgai
30th November 2007, 12:25 AM
hmm, i'm still bummed that US release of pulse is set for Feb 2008 :frown:

i have been giving more thought to importing it. yes, it will cost more, but i would rather have pulse this christmas instead of waiting three months

i have heard that the downloads for the game ( add on tracks and such ) are region free and can be used with any version of the game. can anyone confirm this, or give a little more info?

thanks

supersocks
30th November 2007, 09:59 AM
Just to inform those who have their bookmarks pointing directly to the forum: There's now release countdown for Europe in front page of w'o"zone. :)

Sausehuhn
30th November 2007, 11:39 AM
Woot! UK after Europe.
Now do I chosse my local retailer or Amazon to get the game as fast as possible?

Asayyeah
30th November 2007, 02:46 PM
i contacted my fellow game retailer few min ago, should be ok for me end of afternoon the 11st if he is not shipped morning of the 12nd

infoxicated
30th November 2007, 02:55 PM
It's actually "11rd" - "11st" is only really used if your keyboard doesn't support "11nd". :D

Asayyeah
30th November 2007, 03:00 PM
my keyboard supported me and that is a huge job for it :pc

Lance
30th November 2007, 05:21 PM
I accidentally walk on my keyboard fairly often; it doesn't seem to hurt it, but I'm always barefoot.

--------

I always preferred longer number abbreviations cos they make things clearer, 11der and 12eded, and my favourite, 11iest for when you reach 110.

Rapier Racer
30th November 2007, 07:21 PM
The 12th? How odd who releases a game on a Monday..

Asayyeah
1st December 2007, 02:59 AM
Dear RR , you wanna the weirdest?
trying to beleive the 12ndth is on monday ... :p
... maybe in november ...but not in december :g

Hellfire_WZ
1st December 2007, 04:55 PM
The 12th? How odd who releases a game on a Monday..

The 12th is a Wednesday mate ;)

Rapier Racer
1st December 2007, 05:12 PM
lol F*** me see what sleep deprivation does to you children? Still odd none the less Friday is usually game release day.

MarcoM
1st December 2007, 05:18 PM
Yes but most shops get their stock updated 2 or 3 days before friday. Sooo... :)

tapioca
1st December 2007, 06:05 PM
lol F*** me see what sleep deprivation does to you children…

Sleep Deprivation makes me think of a track by Simian Mobile Disco : http://hypem.com/track/292427. (use the player and wait for fade in). Thank you SL for the custom playlist feature in Pulse…

(and that one is no Wipeout but sounds like some LFO meets Avant-garde Electronic music : http://previews.trackitdown.net/preview/337580/preview_Scott.mp3 Just amazing.)

Well, back to topic now…

Sausehuhn
4th December 2007, 07:34 PM
The Wipeout Pulse site is expected to be updated before launch, yes.

It'll add some content. And hopefully we'll get my Swedish/Finnish EG-X back story cock-up fixed.

Sorry for picking that up again, but is that still the case?

infoxicated
4th December 2007, 07:52 PM
That was what I was told. However, judging by the way things have gone, I wouldn't be shocked if that was not the case.

It is correct in the official WipEout site, though.

Sausehuhn
7th December 2007, 04:45 PM
Eeerm just read that (http://www.playstation-presse.de/statische/contentframe.php4?frameid=2&content=products%2Cid%3D529%2C0%2C0%2C2&return=%2Fsystem%2Findex.php4%3Freturn%3D%26sessio nid%3D1395327). I know it's German, but the right column is selfexplaining.
Now is that true or just an old database entry not updated to the right date?

G'Kyl
7th December 2007, 06:49 PM
I received an announcement today stating Pulse would be out this winter (starting in 2 weeks and lasting till march, mind you), while later saying "out now", whereas Amazon and others still list it as available from December 12. Puzzled? Me too. ;) But apparently no, it's not out yet. Dec. 5 is an old release date which has since long been corrected. I take it the website hasn't been updated in a while.

Ben

Rapier Racer
7th December 2007, 08:00 PM
GAME emailed me to say it's been delayed till the 14th, we've all had this information for some time yet they only update people today, the day they claimed it would be out? Hopefully the 13th I'll have it in my mits gotta love them naughty early dispatching retailers.