PDA

View Full Version : wagtail effect

heatseeker
24th March 2007, 09:26 PM
has anyone else noticed what i call the"wagtail" effect ? when you jump VERY VERY far with full pelt h-thrust and the crafts rear shakes as a dog would his tail????

Flying_Finn
25th March 2007, 11:34 AM
I haven't noticed. But have you noticed this, in P-Mar project before the huuuge jump, there is these S-chicanes, and before them is a jump. Now, if you 'fly' over those chicanes the craft moves itself like it would go through the chicanes.
Can you say doeas the "wagtail" effect work on all jumps or is there a spesific jump were it works?

supersocks
25th March 2007, 07:37 PM
I think it's just the pre-Fusion external camera which is placed to the centre line of track and not directly behind the craft itself.

PIRANHA MASTER
4th May 2007, 01:52 PM
has anyone else noticed what i call the"wagtail" effect ? when you jump VERY VERY far with full pelt h-thrust and the crafts rear shakes as a dog would his tail????
In my game,it was happened 1 time where I run very fast in P-MAR Project near the jump.Don't worry..;)

mdhay
4th May 2007, 08:43 PM
That's It! That's Bloody It! That's The Wagtail Effect!

Hybrid Divide
13th May 2007, 10:31 AM
I think it's just the pre-Fusion external camera which is placed to the centre line of track and not directly behind the craft itself.

So THAT'S why the camera always felt different after Fusion! *headdesk*

username
13th May 2007, 01:14 PM
i like the wagtail feel from the camera actually! lol, its also very strong in some parts of wipeout 2097!
i think its because it might be what gives some of those classic wipeouts part of there feel?

just tested it out in P-mar! wow lol

PIRANHA MASTER
15th May 2007, 05:38 PM
I like it because it is a likely speed effect.:D