PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure buggy?

blakespot
9th March 2007, 03:34 PM
I purchased a PSP early on (U.S.) but have updated the firmware as it comes along. Wipeout Pure often "freezes" on me, mid game. It seems somewhat buggy. Is it just me or are you people seeing this? Thanks.

blakespot

Mad-Ice
9th March 2007, 04:41 PM
Welcome Blakespot to the forum and the Wipeout family! Wipeout Pure has never freezed on me! The game is working perfectly, I am on firmware above 3.0. and I am having this game from may last year I think. I hope your problem will be solved soon. I you like you can introduce yourself some more, in the off topic discussion thread if I am correct. Good luck read you soon.

andy
9th March 2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome to WipeoutZone.

My psp doesn't freeze and I am on 3.01. I don't think it would be anything to do with the firmware. My guess is that your disk is scratched.

I hope you solve the problem soon. Good luck and enjoy the forums.

infoxicated
10th March 2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah, sounds like a fingerprint or something on the disc, kind of issue. Unless it's happening when you're playing downloaded pack tracks - in that case you might have a corrupted pack, or possibly even a corrupted profile.

Tomahawk
10th March 2007, 12:16 PM
My PSP freezes only on kai, never in single player mode when I play pure. So I guess it must be some kind of scratched-disk-issue like infox and andy said. I'm on firmware 2.71 btw.

Frances_Penfold
16th March 2007, 05:34 AM
I've had a handful of freezing issues but they were all associated with using the PSP's "sleep" function-- Wipeout Pure doesn't like the sleep mode in my experience.

Sausehuhn
16th March 2007, 03:05 PM
After sleep mode Pure needs a half minute or something to re-activate. So the game isn't actually frozen, just needs a bit time to reload some game data and you can continue gaming.

Asayyeah
16th March 2007, 06:30 PM
If you are playing free laps , you can activate sleep mode and when you switch on , no loading time you can play it again immediately but the loading access time will be still there when you quit the session.
Don't use too often : psp doesn't like this too much

alterego
17th March 2007, 08:22 AM
Hi All.

There is a big difference from loadings time e reloadings time between Pure without Add Pack and the game with complete Game packs.

The time of restart of the game after a sleep mode depends on time that the software reload all the add pack from MS.

If you use the pure without pack the time is shortest.

Read You Soon
CdRom

infoxicated
17th March 2007, 11:40 AM
I never have a problem, but then I don't have the music playing - I think that's one of the main issues, in that there's a bottleneck caused by getting music and game data off of the UMD after sleep mode.

Mad-Ice
21st March 2007, 03:38 PM
HUH, so strange! Just a few posts back I said that I never have any buggy problems, but now I have been busy again in Single race for getting a bit of practise for the Convention and now the game has already frozen on me for 4 times!! Ggrrr. Not so nice huh!

cybrpnk
21st March 2007, 08:05 PM
Only time I've encountered any bugs was with the downloaded expansion packs...omega in particular. When I went to restart a time trial run, the psp never liked it and decided to hang on me. So I redownloaded all the packs, updated the firmware to the latest...3.11...I think...and it's all running smooth as butter now...

PS...blasting through tracks to the voice of cod is subliminal zen...about time the WipEout series got a shot in the arm with some super psy-trance...

Mad-Ice
21st March 2007, 09:06 PM
I don't know what it is, but since I am playing Single Race I encounter strange things like:

-Not being able to barrelroll especially on tracks from the classic packs, even when I am in first place!!
-Psp freezing
-Game slowdowns

Rapier Racer
21st March 2007, 10:38 PM
I've noticed some really annoying freezing issues when racing in the Gamma league in single player tournament mode, oddly enough it doesn't happen when you play on XLink

Flat
27th March 2007, 09:18 AM
Only bug I ever noticed was once I didn't have a weapon but I locked on to another ship. Only happened for about two seconds.

Mad-Ice
7th April 2007, 03:16 PM
Found another bug. It is very difficult to barrel roll in the classic packs, while playing single race. Even when I am in first place. I especially have problems on Vohl Square and Odessa Keys. In this way it is also very difficult to make constant laptimes. Who else is having problems like this especially on these tracks?

blakespot
29th May 2013, 06:59 PM
I started this thread over six years ago. I've only recently gotten back into Pure on the PSP (since I can't install it on the Vita...) and I still get freezes in long Tournaments. I was 5 or 6 races in to Vector Decension and - freeze - just now. Freezes before were with UMD. Now playing with game on flash (installed the ver I bought on PS3 to install on Vita before I knew...).

Freezes pretty commonplace, then?

bp

trackripper
5th June 2013, 11:26 AM
Anyone else getting hit and miss BR boosts? It works about 60-70% of the time for me, but sometimes I pull a BR successfully and it just doesn't give me the boost, which is very irritating when I'm speed lapping.

clojo733
1st July 2013, 12:16 PM
The only issue I've ever had with Pure is that the game often crashes when racing on Exostra Run (I have European DLC). When it does this it doesn't recover and I have to remove the battery to turn my PSP off. :L

rdmx
1st July 2013, 01:51 PM
Clojo, I believe those Exostra Run crashes can be fixed by installing the DLC in a specific order.

Install:
Gamma Pack
Delta Pack
Classic 2
Omega Pack

clojo733
1st July 2013, 04:46 PM
Ah thanks! I'll give it a try!