PDA

View Full Version : ? No Red Bull and TV Screens in WO2097 ??

frano
23rd February 2007, 06:49 PM
Hallo everybody

I've got WO2097 for ps1 (Platinum, PAL) and for pc.

But in the pc version there aren't any red bull advertisements at all, not at the tracks, not at the loading screens and not in the intro movie, in contrast to the ps1.

And when I play it on ps1, on some tracks there are TV screens that show the same content as my pc-monitor.One of those is over the starting grid of "Vostok Island". In the pc version they are replaced by usual bills.

I think Red Bull and Wipeout belong together, and the hovering TV screens are a nice effect, so can anybody tell me why it is so and how I can add the screens and red bull advertisements to the pc version?

Rapier Racer
25th February 2007, 11:10 AM
I'm going to guess that Red Bull only advertised on the PS1 version due to the fact that it would be much more poplar and sell more copies than the PC version

Task
25th February 2007, 11:04 PM
More likely Red Bull only paid for product placement in the PSX version and likely turned down the option to pay for the same product placement in the PC port of the same game. Forcing the port to actually do some extra work and replace the product placement with less flavourful screens.

That would be my guess, anyway.

How to get the Red Bull ads into the PC version?
1) Get a time machine.
2) Go back in time and convince Red Bull to do the product placement in the PC port.

Sausehuhn
26th February 2007, 11:09 AM
I heard that you can easily replace the bitmaps of the game, cause they're unpacked in a folder.
That would be the easier way compared to the time machine solution.

Brother Laz
28th February 2007, 12:48 PM
True, but they won't be animated; also, the neko picture on many of the replacement screens is actually a flattened version of the actual neko sprite that may spawn elsewhere on the track; replacing it on Vostok Island for example would probably cause a giant Red Bull advertisement to appear above the road at the first split.

Alternatively, compare the track files. Something's gotta be different, and you may even be able to copy over the tracks from the PS1 version to the PC version and see what happens. ;)

frano
5th March 2007, 04:35 PM
Thank you for your advice, but it all didnt work. I tried to replace the bitmap-files with the ones from ps version but then the textures are mixe up and the game crashes after half a lap.
Tried to build a time machine but also didnt work, landed in future instead of past :brickwall

Sausehuhn
9th March 2007, 07:07 AM
Maybe the Bitmaps are on a different bit-rate than they should be in the game? Had that with a skinable program last week. I changed the BMPs and saved with a wrong bit-rate so it crashed.

And for your time machine: how does PS3 WipEout look like? Or PS4 WipEout? Or even real WipEout?