PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Play

simoncpage
15th February 2007, 10:32 AM
I am trying to setup wireless play on 2 psps. I have connected both to a wireless router of which each connects to it fine.

Then on 1 of the psp I am going in to create a single race and get to the screen where it says waiting for people to join.

The next psp I am trying to join the game and it says searching but then it doesn't find it after waiting for a long time (15mins+).

The machines are slightly different I have a Japanese import PSP and game the other is UK/Europe version. One is on firmware 2.8 and the other is 3.01.

Is there anything I need to apply to the router to allow this to work or anything else I can try to diagnose this problem?

Thanks

rdmx
15th February 2007, 11:48 AM
Sorry, but a euro version cant play with a japanese version.

lunar
15th February 2007, 12:05 PM
It doesn`t make any difference if the PSPs are different region models, or if they are on different firmware, but you need to be using the same regional versions of the game itself. Sounds like the PSPs are in the same room, so why do you need a router? They`ll just connect to each other if the games are the same version.

If you`re trying to play over the internet, you can`t unless you use Xlink Kai. There`s plenty of information in the forum about that.

Asayyeah
15th February 2007, 08:39 PM
Like Lunar said , no matter it comes from japan, us or europe , all psps can connect to each others, idem for the different firmwares, but you need to own same region games ( 2 euro wipeout pure games can play together)

Make sure you have put the right set up into your psp main menu : go to ' settings' then ' power save settings' ---> WLAN power save : OFF
go at the bottom of the list ' Network settings' then choose 'ad hoc mode ' confirm, then channel 1 ( not automatic)
With that you should be able to play , and also like Lunar said, no need to have a routeur on your pc to be able to play in the same room with a friend of you , only make sure you activated the wlan button on the left side of your psp.