PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Lap in a Feisar EVER - Giant Region Free Challenge!

Medusa
24th January 2007, 02:32 PM
HOW FREAKING FAST COULD A FEISAR GO IF A FEISAR COULD FAST GO?

Warning: The following challenge does not abide by anyone's feelings about how different versions of the games run.

HERE WE GO! This challenge is to see what the fastest single race lap time in a Feisar EVER can be. Every game from every region is eligible, I have selected what seem to be the 2 fastest tracks in each game. If you use an emulator to play on PC, that's fine, just mention beside your times how you are playing the game. Also for the other games please mention if it is NTSC or PAL(except for XL, 2097 and SE which are obvious).

Please choose only one of the tracks per game to enter times for, to keep the compilations easier. Remember to keep a paper and pencil handy as you race because let's face it, none of your Feisar laps will likely make it to your memory card!

Here are the eligible tracks from each game. Remember, Single Race Lap Times only.

WipE'out" - Terramax and Karbonis - Rapier class
Wipeout XL/2097 - Talon's Reach and Sagarmatha - Phantom class
Wipeout 3 - Portokora and Manortop - Phantom class
Wipeout 3 SE - Talon's Reach and Portokora - Phantom class
Wipeout 64 - Any track as fast as you can go!!!
Wipeout Pure - Exostra Run and Staten Park - Phantom class

This is going to be a six-month long challenge in order to give everyone plenty of time to warm up their Feisars.

Please just edit your first post to update your times, do not post more than once. If you change your mind about which track you want to enter times for in a game, just delete the first one.

At the end of the challenge we will see who has the fastest Feisar lap time in each of the above games, and who has the fastest Feisar lap time EVER. (Which will probably go to the Exostra lap time...perhaps!)

P.S. As in the WO Zone tables rules, NO cheats (Ex. unlimited hyperthrust, weapons, shield, white boost pads) are to be enabled for this challenge, only those "cheats" which unlock the speed classes/tracks. Thanks.

Depending on how many participate, I will try to make a standings post for each game and fastest lap overall about once a month.

il_NIK
24th January 2007, 02:46 PM
Good ideas!

See you soon here. I've got only Wipeoutpure, but I'll be here

;)

Medusa
24th January 2007, 04:48 PM
Here is my post for my times, I will add in the times as I get them.

WipEout NTSC - Karbonis - 00:35:50 (PSOne with NeGcon)
Wipeout XL - Talon's Reach - 00:21:10 (PSOne with NeGcon)
Wip3out NTSC - Portokora - 00:25:00 (PSOne with NeGcon)
Wip3out SE - Talon's Reach - 00:21:64 (PS2 + Negcon)

Asayyeah
24th January 2007, 07:44 PM
this is really a sweet challenge for Feisar lover.
You can count me in for most of the versions

Zerow
24th January 2007, 07:57 PM
Ooooh, cool! And best of all, we've got plenty of time for this challenge - a God-send for me, as I'll be busy at college for most of the year. :+

lunar
24th January 2007, 09:34 PM
I think Karbonis is the shortest track in Pure, then Exostra Run, but great idea for a challenge, I`ll be entering some times in this post. :)

I see your point in post #8 Medusa. :+ A lot more fun with the original instead of the greenie Pure tracks too.

Dominator
24th January 2007, 10:18 PM
Look forward to posting some times on this challenge, great idea :D

Medusa
24th January 2007, 11:48 PM
I should explain: I left Karbonis (and Portokora, etc.) out of the Pure tracks because they are "simulation tracks" if I am correct (please correct me if I am wrong), and I thought I'd leave the challenge as real as our favourite simulator can be...you know, no simulations on a simulation, if that makes sense. (Also now there is more variety of tracks, since each game does handle differently.)

I don't think this should count in the fastest lap EVER category, since it is essentially a SIMULATION single race lap. Make sense?

(Also, I left Fusion out of this challenge. I'm sure you all know why. Or can think of a few good reasons why...;))

WHY I CHOSE SINGLE RACE FOR THE CHALLENGE:
Simply because in a time trial you only get one turbo per lap and in single race you can sometimes use three on the same lap (although I've never played Wo64 or Pure so not sure how that works in those games???) So theoretically a faster lap can be done when racing a full field of opponents ;8

rdmx
25th January 2007, 12:00 AM
Arggh, I just got off my PS2.

Florion Height Track 1 for the win!
Wipeout 64 - NTSC Emulation
Klies Bridge
Lap time

il_NIK
25th January 2007, 03:31 PM
Exostra Run, Pure: 19,76

Asayyeah
25th January 2007, 05:23 PM
Wipeout 2097 Talon's Reach : 19.5
Original ps + 2097 with Negcon

alterego
25th January 2007, 08:32 PM
Hi All.

I Start this challange with Staten Park/Phantom/Feisar 0.20.78 p (single race lap time)

Read You soon!
CdRom

il_NIK
26th January 2007, 09:26 AM
Here are my times: SORRY, THESE ARE TIME TRIAL SINGLE LAPS...:redface:

WipeoutPure, FEISAR

Staten Park : 19.52

Exostra Run: 19.68

SOON THE RIGHT RACE TIME :+

rdmx
26th January 2007, 10:50 AM
You'll want to redo those again.:turd
I don't know why single race :?

Brother Laz
26th January 2007, 05:44 PM
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3121/record178xo6.jpg
17.8 seconds. Phantom/TT/Klies Bridge/Project64 emulator (640x480 res).

Previous record: 18.2 seconds in SR mode (w/ Cyclone).

Time Trial is better for tracks like this with a very fast first section, because you get two turbo boosts per TT lap (one fired just before the finish line on the previous lap, one when you start the lap), while you rarely ever get two turbo boosts per SR lap - you might get three in a SR lap, but you cannot use the third one on that track anyway.

Klies Bridge is a mirror image of Talon's Reach, but the starting grid is perfectly straight, making it slightly faster.

I don't think ignoring stick2trax and taking a shortcut at the big first hill would make much of a difference on this track, at least not with the Feisar. It wouldn't be illegal because there are no buildings to clip through, but the missed speed pads and the hard landing make it not worth it imo.

Medusa
26th January 2007, 08:49 PM
"you get two turbo boosts per TT lap...you might get three in a SR lap, but you cannot use the third one on that track anyway."

I disagree, it totally depends on the "luck of the draw" (otherwise called the weapon bias of the game?) and how many weapon pads you hit on the way. On my Karbonis V WipEout time I entered above, I used 3 turbo boosts on that lap (and hit the wall on one of them, so a faster time on that is definitely possible).

Yes, with TT you are guaranteed 2 turbos per lap, but you can get more in single race. (At least in the races I have tried.) Practice means...you have more chances to pick up triple turbos!

Besides single race separates the men from the boys...er, women and the men from the boys - requires more skill to keep your cool in a single race than a time trial, no?
(see my above post in which I stated reason for single race lap, if you want)

But this is all beside the point, back to the challenge at hand...

Brother Laz
26th January 2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, well, this isn't a keep-cool contest, but a lap time contest. ;) ;)

Also, I got three turbos ONCE in ~2 hours, and got quaked into the wall before I could use the third one. My times stagnated at 18.2 and I couldn't get them down for the life of me. Thusly...

Medusa
26th January 2007, 10:35 PM
"I got three turbos ONCE in ~2 hours" Yes, and that's another reason this is a six-month challenge;)

Perhaps I named the challenge a little too loosely, however once this is over we'll know what the fastest SR lap can be won't we? (And maybe then someone will start a Feisar TT challenge for whatever game and track it was.;) ;) )

Anyways nice time Brother Laz, you are teaching us all we ought to give WO64 a bit more respect!:o
P.S - what does "w/Cyclone" mean?

...we are getting a bit off "topic" here, more times anyone??

Lance
27th January 2007, 12:43 AM
I started a Feisar Phantom class 2097/XL TT Spilskinanke Challenge, once.

A bit too tightly focussed and brief for your purposes, though.

auri
28th January 2007, 07:56 PM
Wipeout64
Not emulated - Nintendo 64 console (PAL)
Feisar / Klies Bridge / Phantom / Time Trial mode

Screenshot 1 (http://q3mm.de/auri/archive/images/games/wipeout64/Feisar_Klies-Bridge_19.0_1.JPG)
Screenshot 2 (http://q3mm.de/auri/archive/images/games/wipeout64/Feisar_Klies-Bridge_19.0_2.JPG)

John

PS: Sick time brother laz, how did you do it? I took every speedpad and used two turbos.. :o

Brother Laz
29th January 2007, 08:33 PM
P.S - what does "w/Cyclone" mean?

Cyclone is a reward for completing the weapon challenges, it doubles your weapon damage. This doesn't do much for your lap times, but occasionally you may get a thunder bomb and drop it and eliminate some drone behind you that might otherwise have quaked you. Who knows...

PS: Sick time brother laz, how did you do it? I took every speedpad and used two turbos..

I must admit it was a very lucky run, as you see on the screenshot it's a 0.3 second difference with my previous best time.

The most important things are:

> Don't swerve all over the place, and try to take corners sharply. Any speed up located at the outside of a bend should be approached from the centre of the road. (This applies especially to the one at the crest of the first hill, which I'm convinced they put there to make you drift to the outside and lose time)

> Critical section 1: cutting the 90° left hander at the bottom of the hill. Pull up immediately after going over the crest and fly across the terrain. The straight section after the turn is long and slow, so you absolutely have to skip some of it or you'll die of old age before you reach the tunnel. Unlike on Talon's Reach, this doesn't involve flying through buildings and violating stick2trax, so feel free to ignore the official track layout.

But don't get greedy and attempt to skip half of the track. The Feisar isn't a Piranha, all you'd achieve is a hard landing followed by an uncontrolled dive into the tunnel. Also, do not attempt to break the long distance flight record. Taking a shortcut is fine, but get back onto the track without delay. The Feisar will stay afloat for about a second without losing speed, but then it stalls and falls down like a brick, killing your lap time. This is very important.

> Critical section 2: take the long wide left hander as tightly as possible, then as soon as the right wall drops away, turn hard right and use your second turbo! By using your turbo here, you can stay under turbo power until you're almost at the line. Don't wait too long to activate the turbo, or you'll crash at the upcoming bend.

The final bend can be a bit tricky because you're going very fast and are likely to hit the outside wall, the pitlane divider, or end up swerving all over the place. The bend itself is short and sharp, so a short tap of the button will suffice. Just be sure to do so very early; and hope you come out on the left side of the track. Oversteering here causes you to swerve and lose all of your turbo speed.

If you do both right, you get a lap time between 18.5 and 19.0 seconds. From there, work on nibbling off a few tenths of a second here and there until you can consistently do 18.3 laps. At that point, it's just a matter of doing so a few dozen times until you get lucky and everything happens to go your way...

Asayyeah
29th January 2007, 09:09 PM
when i ll have time to do it i will move your post to the sticky thread about piloting tips of Wipeout 64.
Because this is very interesting and must be shared to everyone but a bit off topic here
Thx for your description Brother_Laz :+

Lance
29th January 2007, 09:31 PM
Just copy it over, and leave the original here in this thread, please

Asayyeah
29th January 2007, 09:37 PM
Mission Clear Major Lance:cowboy

auri
29th January 2007, 09:50 PM
Ok that sounds good. I will try the things you mentioned.
I already did many of them and I constantly do 19.0 at least. But 17.x wohooo, that's good. I don't think I can beat it.

Medusa
29th January 2007, 11:29 PM
;) Yeah I'm 100% sure I won't beat it either (aren't I humble??).

When I started this challenge I thought for sure Talon's Reach or Exostra would take it. Now I am wondering, will Klies Bridge have any real competition???

Heads up everyone, I will do a standings post on January 31 (if all goes well!) just using everyone's best times so far. Look for me, I'll be at the bottom!

auri
30th January 2007, 10:02 AM
I'll try this afternoon again on klies bridge, I want to get closer to laz' time. when I did mine I thought anything below 19 would be very good..

Medusa
31st January 2007, 05:46 PM
So we have had about a week to get this challenge going, and these are the standings for fastest FEISAR single race lap time:

1. Brother Laz - WO64 (emulated) - Klies Bridge - 00:18:20
2. Asayyeah - WO 2097 - Talon's Reach - 00:19:50
3. iL Nik - WO Pure - Exostra Run - 00:19:76
4. alterego - WO Pure - Staten Park - 00:20:78
5. insertcoin - WO64 (emulated) - Klies Bridge - 00:22:70
6. Medusa - WO XL - Talon's Reach - 00:22:70

Regards to those who posted some great Time Trial laps but the challenge is for Single Race lap, so those laps are left out. Looking forward to seeing more times and perhaps seeing Klies Bridge lose its first place???

Next standings post will be February 28th and standings on each game along with overall fastest lap will be posted.

auri
31st January 2007, 07:13 PM
( Brother Laz' time is 17.8 in TT, ruuuuuaight? )
So I have to do single race? I thought TT is ok too.
Then I try single race and get three turbos hehe.

The Gracer
31st January 2007, 09:04 PM
oh man i suck! i downloaded a PC version of Wipeout XL - i was using a keyboard!!

Talons Reach - 24.8 >_> lowered this to a 22.1 - still not fast but getting there

Sagarmatha - 26.6 <_<

I NEED A GAMEPAD ;_; if i get those games and neggie off Skipper in time ill update with my faster times off the PSX. ;)

Medusa
31st January 2007, 09:47 PM
auri: Yeah, but I only used Brother Laz's SR time if you look close! And you may even get more than 3 turbos eventually on one lap;) . I got 4 turbos on Talon's Reach the other day, but my lack of practice and control meant one really wasted opportunity! Oh well. If I could just get to the point where I can control 2 per lap it'll be a slight miracle...

The Gracer: Don't worry, you still have about 5 and a half months!!!

The Gracer
31st January 2007, 10:02 PM
oh...excellent! and medusa - trying to control a turbo with an ergo keyboards clicky keys is like...flying a retarded sheep on acid! Again!

auri
1st February 2007, 06:40 AM
Ok I get it, SR only.
That will make me have to practise so I don't waste turbos into other ships.

rdmx
1st February 2007, 07:51 AM
Don't forget to try and use a gamepad with project 64 too!
Xbox 360 gamepad FTW!
(I don't own an Xbox 360. Microsoft are EVIL!

New time: Klies Bridge

Hey Medusa! Your "How freaking fast could a FEISAR go, if i FEISAR could fast go has made it as a quote!"

New time, Exostra Run Pure AU

Medusa
5th February 2007, 09:34 PM
Nice times! (Darn it, I did a 21:6 on Talon's Reach and I'm still the slowest!!)
(Yay made the wipe quotes again! At least I can shoot my mouth off. If only I could shoot my FEISAR off as well...)

RJ O'Connell
6th February 2007, 11:45 PM
Here's my contributions:

Wipeout - NTSC A - F3600 - Paul Jackson - Dual Shock (Analog Disabled)

KARBONIS V: 35.7
TERRAMAX: 37.2

Wipeout XL - NTSC A - F5000 - John Doe - Dual Shock (Analog Disabled)

TALONS REACH: 21.6
SAGARMATHA: 22.2

Wow. I pulled out my old copy of Wipeout 64 - hadn't been played in awhile but still in good shape - and on my first few runs I did a

0:20.7

on Kiles Bridge. And ever since the closest I've gotten was 20.8 and I worked my you-know-what off for that one.

auri
7th February 2007, 07:44 AM
Whaaa, crazy. Put it back on, that you know what thing and try more! :)

RJ O'Connell
8th February 2007, 01:49 AM
Kiles Bridge update:

Unbelieveable how I was able to shave off one-tenth today. I feel maxed out.

New time: 0:20.6

RJ O'Connell
8th February 2007, 10:37 PM
Holy Crap:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1511/dsc00040rg5.th.jpg (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00040rg5.jpg)

I think I was really lucky to get that time. O_________________O;

Asayyeah
10th February 2007, 11:39 AM
Congrats RJ : sweet 20.1 :+
Sub 20 possible on KB ?

auri
10th February 2007, 06:31 PM
1. Brother Laz - WO64 (emulated) - Klies Bridge - 00:18:20

There, much below is possible.
I cannot even get below 20 in single race mode. Other ships bump be too often and spoil turbos.

RJ O'Connell
10th February 2007, 06:56 PM
There, much below is possible.
I cannot even get below 20 in single race mode. Other ships bump be too often and spoil turbos.
And even if you did run a contact-free lap you'll need at least 2 turbos - and the weapon draw hasn't been kind to me :/

auri
10th February 2007, 08:02 PM
The others talk about occasionally having 3 turbos in one lap once in 2 hours. I need much luck to get a lap with one turbo per 5-lap-race :brickwall

Brother Laz
13th February 2007, 02:27 PM
A useful trick is to start off the race by standing still for 5 seconds and deliberately lingering in 15th place until you get a turbo. It shouldn't take more than a single lap, and about 1/3rd of the time I get one off the very first weapon pad. With this turbo on hand, complete your lap.

Make the second lap your record run. You now need only one turbo, and because you're in 12th place or something and already on the second lap, the game may decide to help this clumsy pilot along and hand out an extra turbo.

If you fail to break the record on the second lap, might as well restart because on subsequent laps the checkpoints will force you to move up the field, reducing your chance to get more turbos and making it more likely that you'll get shot. Once you reach ~4-6th place, the turbos will stop coming altogether.

auri
13th February 2007, 02:52 PM
Oh that helps me. Haven't known about the weapon pad system.
I once got so very lucky. Right before the finish line in 2nd lap somebody used a turbo behind me and I got pushed very far! It was just as fast as an own turbo. Lovely.

Will try as you told, thank you :)

Flying_Finn
21st February 2007, 05:05 PM
Here's my Feisar times.
Wip3out PAL
Portokora Phantom class: 22.92 with hyperthrust
24.48 without hyperthrust

I haven't tried Talo's Reach yet.

Flying_Finn
22nd February 2007, 05:32 PM
Ok, I tried the Talon's Reach at Wipeout 2097: 20,6 sec.

PS. I got my first perfect lap on Piranha at Phantom class!! :D
Lap time was only 18,3 sec. thou....

Medusa
3rd March 2007, 01:23 AM
1. Brother Laz - wo64 Klies Bridge (emulated) 18:2
2. Asayyeah - WO2097 Talon's Reach - 19:5
3. iL nik - WO Pure - Exostra Run - 19:76
4. RJ O'Connell wo64 - Klies Bridge - 20:1
5. Flying Finn - Wo2097 Talon's Reach - 20:6
6. insertcoin - WO Pure AU - Exostra Run 20:61
7. alterego WO Pure - Staten Park - 20:78
8. Medusa - WOXL - Talon's Reach - 21:6
9. the Gracer - WOXL (PC) - 22:1

Everything is getting a little tighter in this challenge...:D Have fun all.:+

Flying_Finn
3rd March 2007, 03:14 PM
19:5?? Aww crud.
I have to go.
*runs to his room and turns playstation on*

The Ultimate Machine 244
6th March 2007, 10:16 PM
Hey guys. It's been awhile since I've been on the forums but he Name caught my eye so I've decided to join, but first I need some details.:guitar

Lance
7th March 2007, 01:06 PM
Read the first post on page one.

Brother Laz
8th March 2007, 08:21 PM
Interestingly, Assayyeah is only 1.3 seconds from my Klies Bridge time, and Talon's Reach is slower than Klies Bridge due to the kink in the starting grid. I suspect the track is the real winner here, not the pilot.

Asayyeah
28th April 2007, 01:40 PM
My God child Caroline took back the N64 + WipEout so unique chance for me to compete is my precious talon's reach.
Last thursday i had a long i-link session 2097 with Dag : he tested the black neggie for the 1st time and prefered get back to his own white ( same for me) we raced rapier & phantom on 5 tracks.
To make the challenge interesting we took different ships, me in feisar, he on auricom : he mostly kicked my arse on the easiest tracks but finally got some interesting scores especially on phantom laptime : got 3 turbos in a lap and did a 18.7 unfortunately i did this on lap4 where many ships where around. Possibly on lap2 where the 'road is free-ships' under 18.0 may be done...
i will practise a last time before the challenge ending, who never knows :)

Medusa
28th April 2007, 03:06 PM
Great lap Asa!!:D

he tested the black neggie for the 1st time and prefered get back to his own white ( same for me)

(He preferred the white, wow! All I have to do is hold my black neggie and I feel like a Wipeout god:D )

element42
3rd May 2007, 01:32 PM
Oh man, how is it that I haven't noticed this thread till now?
I know what I'm doing tonight. Feisar on TR in 2097 Phantom - shouldn't present too much difficulty ;)

update: some difficulty! but - 20:3 on Talons Reach 2097. I really hate it when a ship more than one place ahead of you rear-fires a missile and it homes in on you and not the ship behind it. B*st*rds. Anyway, I might try to up that time later...

edit: Arnaud, do you really prefer white over black neggie?

Asayyeah
3rd May 2007, 05:16 PM
Yes definitely but i must reckon i got 10 years spending with various whites , i only got my black very very recently ( thx to Stevie Stinie :beer )
The black is too small for my 25 fingers ! :D

Seriously i don't like much the Dpad feeling when nose up or down which is very different from the whites. and definitely too small for my hands but what a lovely piece of Japanese art: i found in love with its sexi shape :p

element42
3rd May 2007, 06:46 PM
Well, using my lovingly restored black neggie, I've upped my time to 19.9 on Talons Reach 2097. Sub-20 was my primary aim so I'm going to top trying for now, until I get bored with Qirex in venom...

q_dmc12
3rd May 2007, 10:36 PM
2097 or XL? US version is faster??:dizzy

Medusa
4th May 2007, 02:03 PM
Asayyeah's version is faster ;) (Double-tap, double-tap...):D

Lance
4th May 2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that doesn't work on mY version; it always makes me go slower. :blarg

Asayyeah
4th May 2007, 04:03 PM
My technique is quickly alterning a soft caress then a freakin violent double tap :o
... if you extract that sentence from this context that may be understood as a sweet but confusing & tendential' one :D

:paperbag

Lance
4th May 2007, 06:10 PM
Does this ''soft caress'' include actually braking?

q_dmc12
5th May 2007, 02:10 AM
Lol, Arnie is confusing Wipeout with women again :p

Asayyeah
5th May 2007, 04:01 PM
yes Lance a soft twisting to give the impulsion to the ship whether left or right

Lance
5th May 2007, 04:58 PM
Do you steer the ship entirely by using the airbrakes, or do you also use the neGGie's twist control?

{I use airbrakes as little as possible.}

Asayyeah
7th May 2007, 05:22 PM
Apologize Lance i haven't said that it's mostly used for piranha ship : i get only an impulse left or right( by twisting neggie) for direction and get a quick tap on airbrake to let the ship goes to his original position : you remember when i was saying 'no counterbreak needed with piranha' , this ship is immediately returning to his original position after a quick airbrake tap .
That's why you don't see my ship moving too much from left or right on my videos .

With other ships it's different : on low classes you don't need to use airbrakes and you can do ALL the tracks with perfect lines without nearly touching airbrakes, but on fastest class with tricky bends, you absolutely need to anticipate your lines on a bend largely before when it's done by Piranha so in that case you need airbrakes and double tap is not getting you an extra advantage : the best you can do is to slide the walls to get a great speed when you go out from those curves and it's done by a simple press action( not a quick double tap and not a long pressing of 5 sec! ) on the good airbrake

Medusa
28th May 2007, 03:14 PM
2. Asayyeah - WO2097 Talon's Reach - 18:7
4. element42 - Talon's Reach - 19:9
5. RJ O'Connell - wo64 - Klies Bridge - 20:1
6. Flying Finn - Wo2097 Talon's Reach - 20:6
7. insertcoin - WO Pure - Exostra Run 20:61
8. alterego - WO Pure - Staten Park - 20:78
9. Dominator - WO Pure - Exostra Run - 20:81
10. Medusa - WOXL - Talon's Reach - 21:1
11. the Gracer - WOXL (PC) - 22:1

I am extending this challenge to the end of August, in case any one else (besides me) intends on getting their hands on an N64 and giving Klies Bridge a try! And I still have a hunch a couple more legendary wipers could give Bro Laz a run for his money if they so desire...it's hard to downgrade to a Feisar from Piranhas, I'm sure:rolleyes:

Asayyeah
28th May 2007, 03:41 PM
I think i ve found a new N°1 : Owen Cooper aka Zerow
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?game_id=8&mode_id=2&track_id=32&filter=unique&type_id=1&limit=5&action=display_records&sub_action=&x=26&y=61

Sure he hasn't read this topic but we can include him :nod

Medusa
28th May 2007, 05:03 PM
Yes he is dang fast! But I excluded the VR tracks from this challenge so he may hate me a bit if he takes up the challenge:p I will take a peek at the records tables for any Feisar times in the eligible tracks, throw them in if they are fast and no one objects?? One never knows what is hiding in those tables:naughty

(Dominator has a 20:81 in Exostra, I added him in there.)

rdmx
29th May 2007, 06:16 AM
Apparently my AU pure is different to all yours eh? :D

Asayyeah
29th May 2007, 01:33 PM
Sorry Medusa not to have read perfectly what you described on your 1st post and the 2nd next one. :paperbag

Pure AU = Pure Pal, no difference :)

alterego
1st June 2007, 11:15 AM
Hi All.

After a long time i have a little time to improve my time just a little....:)

Alterego-WoPure-exostra run- 20.54

Read You Soon
CdRom

The Gracer
13th July 2007, 12:55 AM
New time for me - a 20.60 at Staten Park. Im about done with trying to beat it too - walls are frustrating!

Flying_Finn
16th July 2007, 11:31 AM
UPDATE!
Wipeout 2097 PAL:Talon's Reach
time: 20.3
It's all about luck for me, I rarely get more than 1 turbo boost...

phl0w
16th July 2007, 01:11 PM
I am too wondering, how you can get 2 turbos per lap. Of course it's possible, but pretty unlikely on courses that short.
I don't stop trying though ^^ Best time so far: a 1-turbo-and-lots-of-fighting-21:32 on Staten Park.

Medusa
16th July 2007, 01:55 PM
2. Asayyeah - WO2097 Talon's Reach - 18:7
4. element42 - Talon's Reach - 19:9
5. RJ O'Connell - wo64 - Klies Bridge - 20:1
6. Flying Finn - Wo2097 Talon's Reach - 20:3
7. alterego - WO Pure - Exostra Run- 20:54
8. the Gracer - WO Pure - Staten Park - 20:6
9. insertcoin - WO Pure - Exostra Run 20:61
10. Dominator - WO Pure - Exostra Run - 20:81
11. Medusa - WOXL - Talon's Reach - 21:1
12. phl0w - WO Pure - Staten Park - 21:32

Welcome to the new contestants!! Showing me I'd better get back to work on this one.:p We are now a dirty dozen:rock

Flying_Finn
16th July 2007, 02:09 PM
Grrrr....still not good enough! Must get less than 20 seconds! *graps his ps2 controller and runs to his room*

phl0w
16th July 2007, 03:08 PM
Must get less than 20 seconds! *graps his ps2 controller

With a ps2 controller? Not possible. *hugs his neGcon* :hyper

Flying_Finn
16th July 2007, 03:45 PM
Well, got to try first, then we'll see if it's possible :D
Bloody weapon grids, won't give me any turbo boosts...

phl0w
16th July 2007, 03:54 PM
Just for the record: Do you have to finish a race for your time to be legit or are excessively hyperthrusted lap times which may lead to my explosion in the process of the next lap allowed too? :p

Advancements:
Exostra Run - 19:92
Staten Park - 21:21 :D

Tonight I'll give WO3 a try, see if I can come up with a decent Porta Kora time.

rdmx
17th July 2007, 10:16 AM
Jeez, you guys are still at it, better improve then eh?

Flashback Jack
17th July 2007, 12:38 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
19.69, Staten Park (Phantom)

- F

phl0w
17th July 2007, 12:44 PM
19.69... Wow, amazing time for Staten Park. Was that with one or two Turbos I wonder?

Flashback Jack
17th July 2007, 12:49 PM
Ignore the extra text in my previous message (silly Linux browser). My Staten Park run was on Pure (US).

- F

19.69... Wow, amazing time for Staten Park. Was that with one or two Turbos I wonder?

Two turbos. One at the extreme end of the previous lap and one on the straight leading to the start-finish line. I also did three barrell rolls; two on the downhill mogul section and one on the jump heading into the turn leading up to the finish line.

- F

borell
17th July 2007, 06:01 PM
I could not resist to try to beat the Staten Park time: 0.19.58 (US Pure) :beer
Update: Time not valid, it was not set in single race mode.

So... let's start over again. ;)

pure.eu.sr.staten.park.0.19.73

Btw, if I did not say so before... Welcome to the forum Flashback Jack! I envy all pilots around here who have someone nearby to meet in the flesh for racing.

Flashback Jack
17th July 2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks, and I'll be back atcha with another Staten Park time. I only decided to race this track in a Feisar as a break from the Triakis, which I'm trying to crack Lunar's 18.88 with on this track.

- F

Flashback Jack
18th July 2007, 12:53 PM
I could not resist to try to beat the Staten Park time: 0.19.58 (US Pure)

You're gonna hate me. 19.57, Staten Park. Pretty much ground off the entire left side of the Feisar coming around the final bend, so there's a fair amount more in it for sure.

- F

Just noticed a little something. Didn't realize the times were to be set in single race mode. Until now I've been sending times done in Free Play. As such, I voluntarily disqualify myself from the challenge. :)

I'll be heading back to the Triakis now. Saaawry! Heh.

- F

borell
18th July 2007, 02:00 PM
Nice way to beat my time Flashback Jack! :p

Yes, it seems possible to go lower. I think maybe I could get close to 19 flat, but this is just a guess.

Actually, I also did not spot the rule concerning the fact that one should use single race mode... which means my time is not valid either. :(

Sorry for the sloppy reading of the rules.

Medusa
18th July 2007, 09:37 PM
Thank goodness! I am freaking slow and felt slow enough already! Maybe I can get the title "slowest with the slowest".

19:73 on Staten! AACK! I tried it out yesterday and got 22 seconds.:p I'll keep trying. I need to get one FEISAR time below 20 secs for my self-esteem as a wipeout addict. (is that an oxymoron or what? self-esteem for an addict...)

alterego
24th July 2007, 12:21 PM
Hi All.

A little improvement for me....eh eh

Exostra Run - Single Race - Phantom
Feisar lap record 19.03 ;)

Read You soon
CdRom

Medusa
24th July 2007, 04:30 PM
Wow - your little improvement goes a long way! Great time!

The Gracer
25th July 2007, 07:02 AM
Im starting to get sick of the AI - id like to see the results of a time trial only challenge..i think i could be a bit more competitive :D

New best - 20.39 - Exostra Run

alterego
25th July 2007, 07:17 AM
Hi Medusa, hi all.

Wow - your little improvement goes a long way! Great time!

Yeah! I'm Happy! it's a good time in absolute...so near the first made with the fattie ship in the wz table......ah ah :g

Feisar.....not bad at all :beer :rock :rolleyes::g

@Gracer tomorrow we try again to play with kai ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

element42
25th July 2007, 06:51 PM
looks like I forgot to mention that my time is in 2097...

EDIT: and a new time in W30SE Talons Reach - 19:52. That can definitely be beaten.

Medusa
27th July 2007, 12:30 AM
Beautiful new time there, element42!:clap

Although neither of these times is my fastest I feel I should post them anyways since I went to the effort of FEISARing to get them...
WipEout NTSC - Karbonis 34:1
Pure - Exostra Run 22:22

Now I am going to give Klies Bridge a good try until the end of this challenge. (Which will be the day before Pulse comes out, by the way.)

At the end I'll sort out the fastest from each game and then the overall fastest.

phl0w
27th July 2007, 05:29 AM
At the end I'll sort out the fastest from each game and then the overall fastest.

May we get some provisional results? I kinda lost track of all the edited times and would like to know where I'm standing and if I should try and improve. That'd be nice.:beer

Medusa
27th July 2007, 03:39 PM
Okay hopefully July 31 I'll break it all down into the standings. Hopefully. There's a lot of posts to go through so I warn you I may make a mistake or two!

q_dmc12
27th July 2007, 03:45 PM
woops! that's what I get for skimming

phl0w
27th July 2007, 05:52 PM
If I remember correctly, VR tracks are not allowed by Medusa's "no simulation of a simulation" rules. Only original tracks may be raced on. Unfortunately Mandrashee is from Fusion, thus not allowed in the first place. See his rules in the first post.

q_dmc12
27th July 2007, 05:55 PM
but..

phl0w
27th July 2007, 05:58 PM
For some reason emulated times are allowed, which I can't understand either, but that's how this challenge works. Just check the first post for God's sake ^^

stin
31st July 2007, 11:26 AM
I`ll chip in for a wee while

Exostra Run - 19:83

stevie:)

Medusa
1st August 2007, 09:27 PM
Fastest FEISAR in:

F3600(WO1)
1. Medusa - Karbonis 34:1
2. RJ O'Connell - Karbonis 35:7

F5000(WOXL/2097)
1. Asayyeah - Talon's Reach - 18:7
2. element42 -TR - 19:9
3. FlyingFinn - TR - 20:3
4. Medusa - TR - 21:1
5. RJO - TR - 21:6
6. the Gracer - TR - 22:1

WO64(Whatever league that is...F5000.5?)
1. Brother Laz - Klies Bridge - 18:2
2. RJO - Klies Bridge - 20:1
3. insertcoin - KB - 21:4

F7200 (WO3)
1.FlyingFinn - Portokora - 22:92

F7200 (WO3SE)
1.element42 - TR - 19:52
2. Medusa - TR - 21:64

FX300 (Pure)
1. alterego - Exostra Run- 19:03
2. borell - Staten Park - 19:73
3. stin - Exostra Run - 19:83
4. pHlow - ER - 19:92
5. the Gracer - Exostra Run- 20:39
6. insertcoin - Exostra Run 20:61
7. Dominator - Exostra Run - 20:81
8. Medusa - ER - 22:22

OKAY!!!!!!
Now, the
FASTEST LAP IN A FEISAR EVER (IN SINGLE RACE MODE)...
August 1st Overall standings

2.Asayyeah - Talon's Reach - 18:7
3. alterego - Exostra Run- 19:03
4. element42 - TR - 19:52
5. borell - Staten Park - 19:73
6.stin - Exostra Run - 19:83
7.pHlow - ER - 19:92
8.RJO - Klies Bridge - 20:1
9.FlyingFinn - TR - 20:3
10.the Gracer - Exostra Run- 20:39
11.insertcoin - Exostra Run 20:61
12. Dominator - Exostra Run - 20:81
13. Medusa - TR - 21:1

(Tell me if I've made some boneheaded mistake and I'll fix it.)

Please post any faster times after this post, thanks. Happy racing!

element42
2nd August 2007, 11:20 AM
W30SE TR - 19:44.
yeah, massive improvement, I know :p
this is the first time I've really played w3o hard, and my right thumb is aching, I'm sure there must be a more comfortable way to configure the negcon...

phl0w
2nd August 2007, 12:43 PM
and my right thumb is aching, I'm sure there must be a more comfortable way to configure the negcon...
Since you unfortunately can't calibrate the analogue buttons in WO3, map the Acclereration button to a digital (A/B) button. Analogue thrust isn't needed for WO anyways.

Best game to date to configure your pad is Ridge Racer V.

RJ O'Connell
2nd August 2007, 03:30 PM
Updating times:

WipEout - F3600 - Karbonis - Rapier Class: 34.7

Wipeout 64 - F5000 2nd Gen - Klies Bridge - Phantom Class: 19.4 (PERSONAL BEST)

Medusa
2nd August 2007, 09:19 PM
Very nice improvements, you two!

BTW I won't do another standings post until the end of the challenge, everybody just go after that 18.2, haha.

rdmx
3rd August 2007, 06:02 AM
Where'd you get my phantom time for KB :S
I have to try it again!

Medusa
16th August 2007, 09:47 PM
Well, I borrowed an N64 and now am attacking Klies Bridge...:redface: My current time is 23:6! Much work to do!

I've got a very loose controller stick and have even tried rubber-banding it to my thumb for more precise control, since my thumb often slips off the stupid thing...but I'll see if I can do better than 23 seconds. If I can figure out how to employ the boost the piranhas speeding into me gives, I'll get it...

Update: I received my ASCII wheel yesterday and after half an hour bettered my time to 21:8 on Klies Bridge. A bit more practice will help big time!

Medusa
25th September 2007, 03:10 AM
Well, I returned to this seemingly dead challenge today...managed a 19.7 on Klies Bridge. :g My first sub-20 second lap in a FEISAR. And with just one turbo. Now I need to play enough to get 2 turbos and not mess up the whole lap...:robot

Brother Laz
17th October 2007, 04:22 PM
I went back to it, again, and failed to break the 20 second barrier. :( Best timle 20.2 so far. I actually managed to turbo through the track wall and fall into the void at one occasion. I guess 3 days of nonstop Klies Bridge makes you better at it near the end, after all...

That or the radiation that mutated the penguins there finally got to me. :p

Ps. I still believe Assayyeah needs to take up '64 and try 'Talon's Reach' without the pesky wavy starting grid. Only 0.5 seconds behind, and Klies Bridge has the advantage of easy turbos at that point.

Medusa
3rd December 2007, 10:06 PM
Well, I've almost forgotten about this challenge, and it's about time I wrapped it up. Thanks to everybody who FEISARed and put out spectacular times! And we all know that Jabberjaw and his game shark can make the FEISAR go really fast. But for the rest of us with normal games, here's how it turned out.

FASTEST LAP IN A FEISAR EVER (IN SINGLE RACE MODE)...

2. Asayyeah - Talon's Reach - 18:7
3. alterego - Exostra Run- 19:03
4. RJO - Klies Bridge - 19:4
5. element42 - Talons Reach - 19:44
6. Medusa - Klies Bridge - 19:7
7. borell - Staten Park - 19:73
8. stin - Exostra Run - 19:83
9. pHlow - ER - 19:92
10. FlyingFinn - Talon's Reach - 20:3
11. the Gracer - Exostra Run- 20:39
12. insertcoin - Exostra Run - 20:61
13. Dominator - Exostra Run - 20:81

There you have it! And here are the results broken up by game.

Fastest FEISAR in:

F3600(WO1)
1. Medusa - Karbonis 34:1
2. RJ O'Connell - Karbonis 34:7

F5000(WOXL/2097)
1. Asayyeah - Talon's Reach - 18:7
2. element42 -TR - 19:9
3. FlyingFinn - TR - 20:3
4. Medusa - TR - 21:1
5. RJO - TR - 21:6
6. the Gracer - TR - 22:1

WO64
2. RJO - Klies Bridge - 19:4
3. Medusa - KB - 19:7
3. insertcoin - KB - 21:4

F7200 (WO3)
1.FlyingFinn - Portokora - 22:92

F7200 (WO3SE)
1.element42 - TR - 19:44
2. Medusa - TR - 21:64

FX300 (Pure)
1. alterego - Exostra Run- 19:03
2. borell - Staten Park - 19:73
3. stin - Exostra Run - 19:83
4. pHlow - ER - 19:92
5. the Gracer - Exostra Run- 20:39
6. insertcoin - Exostra Run 20:61
7. Dominator - Exostra Run - 20:81
8. Medusa - ER - 22:22

RJ O'Connell
25th February 2008, 10:41 PM
4th place! Hot damn - that's 3 points in the old Formula 1 point system!

Medusa
25th February 2008, 11:56 PM
ROFL! You just noticed:!?

RJ O'Connell
26th February 2008, 12:38 AM
Aye aye, Medusa U_U
Pretty proud of that 19.4 at KB, I must say.

phl0w
9th March 2008, 06:16 PM
man, totally forgot about this challenge.
17.15 basilico white ;)

rdmx
10th March 2008, 07:27 AM
You probably forgot about it because it was finished ;)