PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2097 XL sound effects

rdmx
22nd January 2007, 03:21 AM
For whom it may concern, the Wipeout2097 sounds are here.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=1421

i.e. "Mines"

auri
22nd January 2007, 04:20 AM
Those were what I was looking for :)
They are the same as the Wipeout 64 sound effects, great!
I will use them in any upcoming movie for quake 3, that will be stylish.
Thank you! Have a nice day. John

Zerow
22nd January 2007, 06:16 PM
Frickin' awesome! Thanks for these! :rock

Asayyeah
22nd January 2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah thx :+

auri
22nd January 2007, 07:39 PM
Which game are now from now? I hear slight differences to the wo64 sound effects, we don't have a plasma gun there either. Is XL the same game as 2097 or do they just have the same sound effects?

rdmx
22nd January 2007, 09:58 PM
WP64 has a female voice at some points which is not available in WP XL.
They probably re-recorded "Contender Eliminated" because the man was too hard to hear.
Super weapon is also heard in WP64 but not xl. 64 also has "Congratulations! 1st place!"

If you are wondering how to get 'that' menu noise with the select and BAM!, play menusel.wav then weapnhit.wav.

XL and 2097 are technically the same game but something is changed (e.g floatiness - am i right in saying that?)

EDIT: How many posts till I become Rapier Pilot?

auri
22nd January 2007, 10:28 PM
I don't know how many posts.
I wish I had all wipeout 64 sfx, I love the female voice too :)

Lance
23rd January 2007, 03:15 AM
EDIT: How many posts till I become Rapier Pilot?

I dunno; Rob has changed the postcount boundaries and titles once since I last checked to see what they are.

rdmx
23rd January 2007, 05:44 AM
I've checked, it's 150 posts :|

Lance
23rd January 2007, 04:22 PM
It took me years to hit ''Legendary'' status [which category originally didn't even exist] and the next category up requires 10,000 posts! :o

''XL and 2097 are technically the same game but something is changed (e.g floatiness - am i right in saying that?)''

That's the only change, apart from music and a difference in speedometer readings [XL 'reads' faster, but isn't actually], but I'm a bit confused as to whether it is more or less floaty. Stin/stevie says XL is more floaty, others say it is less. The way I interpret that is that you can fly higher and more easily in 2097, but you also tend to bottom out more easily, too.

But that is really a subject for another thread. :D

auri
23rd January 2007, 06:26 PM
Yes, let's bring it back to topic: I like sound!

Rapier Racer
23rd January 2007, 07:43 PM
Fine sounds, no ship being destroyed sound though :frown: 2097s ship distruction sound was the best ever :rock

Zerow
23rd January 2007, 09:14 PM
I now have the 2097 shield recharge sound effect as my Windows start-up sound. Woo! :g

q_dmc12
10th June 2007, 09:11 PM
Lol, same here - all windows sounds have been replaced :p

Auricom Jim
21st December 2011, 06:42 AM
Small correction to this post.

The sound effects for Wipeout XL that you posted are from the PC version (or 64) and differer slightly from the sound effects for the PSX version of XL.

"Autopilot engaged" is the give-away.
In the psx version he says "auto-pilot-engaged" kinda quick.

In the PC version, theres a bit of a pause, "Auto pilot...engaged" and its much more distinct.

I'm REALLY bored at the moment, so I figured I'd write this...

Still though, they are by far the coolest sound effects in a video game ever.

Southern
15th January 2012, 08:19 PM
First post, lads and ladies, so be gentle.

If you have a copy of the original PS1 disc for Wipeout 2097, you can stick it in your PC and use a free little utility called PSound to extract the sounds contained on the disc. I have tried both Wipeout 2097 and Wip3out (PAL versions) that I have and I can get the sounds out of both. For other titles, mileage does vary.

PSound can be found here:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Software/PSound_and_SoundReaver_2.html

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that Sony's expensive and trigger-happy lawyers (as they now own original developer Psygnosis) will be none too happy if people spread and use anything you might get off the discs.

scubasteve1974
6th July 2012, 02:26 PM
Any chance we can get these reposted?

Terrasidius
14th July 2012, 07:25 PM
That PSound programme works great! Thanks! :)