PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout64 Soundtrack here

auri
19th January 2007, 03:10 PM
Hello there :)

On request I ripped it from the original music format usf and .. renamed the files, encoded in good quality to mp3, set id3 tags, zipped, uploaded to my server.
I have the original game at home and it's already so oooooooold, I think that should be legal and psygnosis will not bother me because of that ;)

You cannot find the soundtrack on galbadia hotel (THE game soundtrack source) so here it is: Wipeout 64 Soundtrack.zip (http://john8bit.com/archive/music/soundtracks/games/Wipeout-64.zip)

I thought about giving them too but I would have to sign up on the forums and I am too lazy for that. Enjoy! John

Asayyeah
20th January 2007, 04:51 PM
Thx Auri 30sec later got it and this is good job thx mate :+

rdmx
21st January 2007, 09:23 AM
Nice job! Thanks for that mate!

auri
21st January 2007, 11:08 AM
Always everything for the Wipeout community :)
hahaha, I enjoy the soundtrack, very nice music.
Often weirdly mixed but it's ooold anyway.

Silverstream
19th April 2007, 09:11 AM
Many thanks for this - I've been looking for the soundtrack to 64 everywhere!

q_dmc12
19th April 2007, 05:19 PM
same here many, many thanks! :)
I am making a collection of wipeout and other related music to listen to when playing pulse - now I listen to it when on kai (this might be attributing to my increase in skill) ;)

EDIT: on a side note did you notice that all of the tracks last for exactly 3 minutes and 10 seconds..?

Silverstream
20th April 2007, 12:19 PM
EDIT: on a side note did you notice that all of the tracks last for exactly 3 minutes and 10 seconds..?

Yeah, I thought that was quite odd as well. Is it that the cart limits a track's length to 3.10, or is that just due to the recording?

q_dmc12
20th April 2007, 07:33 PM
my guess is that it was a memory constraint of the cart - but your guess is as good as mine.

auri
21st April 2007, 11:59 AM
Glad I helped so many people :p
I forgot where I found it too.

exarkann
25th April 2007, 09:17 PM
awesome. this was the only one i was missing. thanks!

SchNiVas
28th October 2010, 06:42 PM
Hello there :)

On request I ripped it from the original music format usf and .. renamed the files, encoded in good quality to mp3, set id3 tags, zipped, uploaded to my server.
I have the original game at home and it's already so oooooooold, I think that should be legal and psygnosis will not bother me because of that ;)

You cannot find the soundtrack on galbadia hotel (THE game soundtrack source) so here it is: Wipeout 64 Soundtrack.zip (http://john8bit.com/archive/music/soundtracks/games/Wipeout-64.zip)

I thought about giving them too but I would have to sign up on the forums and I am too lazy for that. Enjoy! John

Hey this link is no longer working :'( .... Can you put up a new working one? or could you at least email it to me? If you want, i can even host it on my permanent website and you can direct link all you want to it :) But that is your choice! Thanks so much

Thermoptic
31st January 2011, 09:17 PM
Hey this link is no longer working :'( .... Can you put up a new working one? or could you at least email it to me? If you want, i can even host it on my permanent website and you can direct link all you want to it :) But that is your choice! Thanks so much

Yeah the link seems to be broken. But i managed to find it here (http://www.multiupload.com/D4HFSLMQDY) :) Really good (http://rapidshare.com/#!download|970tl4|445539982|Wipeout_64_Soundtrack. rar|16774) soundtrack (http://www.zshare.net/download/85969134007cc025/)!

Tracklist:

01 - PC Music - Chasing Radium (2:27)
02 - PC Music - Feel at home (2:31)
03 - PC Music - Monolith Boy (2:57)
04 - PC Music - Tomorrow Reborn (2:44)
05 - PC Music - Sonic Trip (2:58)
06 - Fluke - Absurd (3:00)
07 - Fluke - Goodnight Lover (5:09)
08 - Propellerheads - Bang On! (3:01)
09 - PC Music - Credits (miles ahead) (3:06)
10 - PC Music - Tomorrow Reborn (reprise) (2:50)

Dexito2097
31st January 2011, 09:23 PM
Thank you. You are so nice.

This one is going straight to my iPod.

Cause you know what's better than wipeout 64?

Running/jogging to the soundtrack of Wipeout 64

SchNiVas
1st February 2011, 02:30 PM
You're a G! :D I Uploaded it to my server and made it a PERMANENT Link ;-) I also added MP3 Tags and Album Art! Enjoy!!

http://www.schnivasdomain.com/Soundtracks/Wipeout%2064/Wipeout%2064%20Soundtrack.zip

~SchNiVas

Thermoptic
2nd February 2011, 02:30 AM
Thanks SchNiVas! And good work adding Id3 tags and artwork! :)

Dexito2097
3rd February 2011, 06:39 PM
I noticed the sound quality is rather poor ( 22 khz )

Is this because they wanted to keep the album size below 20 MB ?

Or is it because the actual sound output of the N64 is 22 khz ?

DarkRacer95
19th February 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm not exactly a professional at electronics, but I'm guessing that an N64 has
a sound chip, therefore making the sound quality poor. Just a guess.

Scratch that! The recordings aren't very good recordings.

Cyberio
20th February 2011, 06:52 PM
Obviously, you can't make Audio CD quality with N64 cartridges (less memory you know). So 16 MB are the memory needed.

Big thanks for reuploading this.

SchNiVas
1st March 2011, 09:29 PM
Before a link was reposted and I hosted it, I started a project to get the Music manually from the game (RIPPED, but in the game menu recording at CD quality and a direct from the system to my USB mixer to my USB port and recorded with ACID Pro). But since they were provided, I stopped getting them. If the audio quality is not sufficient enough, I will finish my project. They will be created at 320kbps as Mp3's and rehost them under the same file/link... I will post when this is completed...

~SchNiVas

SonicChaos
5th March 2011, 12:47 AM
Thank you're lucky stars. Mine took a good hour and a half of searching to find the files, then I had to meta tag all of them with the correct info and art. Was worth it to have the collection finished. I had to do the same with some of the Fury tracks as well. All the Wipeout Series Music going while playing HD is beyond awesome.

Hot Violet
16th February 2016, 02:27 PM
*Noob wanders into five year old thread...*

Thanks very much for this. WipEout 64 is my favourite version of the older games. It was a nice surprise finding the soundtrack here. :)