PDA

View Full Version : YEEEAAASSSS!!!! Completed it!!

batfastad
11th January 2007, 05:27 PM
This has been bugging me for ages.
I've had all but 1 gold medal for about a month now...
Time Trial > Flash > Khara Descent

I was stuck on a silver and unable to get within 1s of the gold target time.
Even though Khara Descent time trial on all the other classes I beat gold 1st time by a few seconds with Feisar!
For some reason I just couldn't get there.

Well I've finally done it - 1.55.56. Ended up using the Medieval ship for this one though, but have used Feisar for all the rest so far.
Also I've not done barrell rolling at any point really in the game

Quick question? My game version is EU / UK - what's the max number of golds I can get if I've downloaded all the available addon packs?

I've got 284 gold medals.
It's taken me 46 hours of playing time.

I'd rate WipeOut Pure as the 2nd most frustrating computer game of all time.
Behind WipeOut Fusion on the PS2 which I just couldn't complete - I just couldn't get past a certain stage of it and kept getting blown up after 3 corners. Pure is a load better on the difficulty level side of things though.

Now I can just play it for fun!!
I'm well happy!! :D :D :D

stin
11th January 2007, 06:40 PM
LOL, I know how you feel!. Yes it did take a while for a special gold!.

for Euro Version is 339 golds

stevie:)

Zerow
11th January 2007, 07:00 PM
Indeed, that Khara Descent TT at Flash speed is an absolute bastard, and quite possibly the toughest gold medal to attain in single-player mode.

Glad to hear you managed it eventually. :+

batfastad
11th January 2007, 07:43 PM

Oh - well if I'm only on 284, that means I'm missing something!
Dammit and I thought I'd completed it! :(
I've got gold medals on everything that's available on the progress screen.

Have I missed a download pack?
Or have I just not unlocked something?

WipeOut Pure is my only PSP game, so here's the contents of my SAVEDATA folder on my memory stick...

UCES00001DA7MUSIC
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK2
UCES00001DDELTAPAK
UCES00001DGAMMAPAK
UCES00001DOBLIVION
UCES00001DOMEGAPAK
UCES00001DSCIFIPAK
UCES00001DURBANUK
UCES00001DVOCMUSIC
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK1
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK2
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK3
UCUS98612DDELTAPACK1
UCUS98612DDELTAPACK2
UCUS98612DGAMMAPACK1
UCUS98612DGAMMAPACK2
UCUS98612DGAMMAPACK3
UCUS98612DPAKDAXTER
UCUS98612DPAKJAKX
UCUS98612DPAKSOCOM3
UCUS98612DPAKSOCOMFTB

UCUS98612Gd99d41c -120 of these folders which I guess are my ghost times.
UCUS98612P0000 -my Pure profile (I guess)

Can anyone work out what I might be missing?
I think I might have some US downloads on there though - that don't actually work because I'm using the EU version of the game.

andy
11th January 2007, 09:13 PM
well done. you beat me anyway. :D Maybe you have to do some tournaments or something, I'm not sure, I haven't played in quite a while.

Tomahawk
11th January 2007, 09:31 PM
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK1
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK2
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK3
UCUS98612DDELTAPACK1
UCUS98612DDELTAPACK2
UCUS98612DGAMMAPACK1
UCUS98612DGAMMAPACK2
UCUS98612DGAMMAPACK3
UCUS98612DPAKDAXTER
UCUS98612DPAKJAKX
UCUS98612DPAKSOCOM3
UCUS98612DPAKSOCOMFTB

All those packs are for the US version of Pure. You may want to keep them though, in case you purchase the US version for playing some americans on X-Link Kai in the future sometime...:nod

UCUS98612Gd99d41c -120 of these folders which I guess are my ghost times.

Yes, this should be your ghosts. But by looking at your question ("What am I missing?") from a mathematical side I'd say you're definately missing some time trials - or you haven't saved a ghost for each TT you raced. Here's my calculation:
4 tracks in each league multiplied by 7 leagues (alpha, beta, c1, c2, gamma, delta, omega) mutiplied by 5 speed classes (vector to phantom) = 140 ghosts in total

Dominator
11th January 2007, 09:34 PM
LOL, I know how you feel!. Yes it did take a while for a special gold!.

I thought it was 329 Golds on Euro, not 339 :o
What am i missing stevie :?

batfastad
11th January 2007, 09:50 PM
4 tracks in each league multiplied by 7 leagues (alpha, beta, c1, c2, gamma, delta, omega) mutiplied by 5 speed classes (vector to phantom) = 140 ghosts in total

Omega league??

Dammit - that doesn't appear on my league selection screen for any of the speed classes.
Even though I have the folder UCES00001DOMEGAPAK on my memory stick.

So if I'm missing Omega league - 4 tracks x 5 speed classes = the 20 I'm missing.
Then I guess the 20 single races for Omega league as well.
And there's probably another tournament that arrives with Omega which would give me another 1 for each of the speed classes.

So my 284 + 20 Omega TT + 20 Omega Single Race + 5 tournaments = 329

My game appears to be the Euro version (even though 2nd hand off amazon marketplace), the region icon on the back of the box says number 2.
But when I use the in-game 'Download' menu option, it offers me the downloading of the US packs mentioned by Tomahawk above - is that correct?

Any reason why my Omega pack isn't showing up?

Also, any significance in the folder names - UCUS98612 and UCES00001??
If the UCUS98612 packs are all US - why are all my ghost folders appended with UCUS98612?

Thought I'd completed this - dammit :D

KANDANG
12th January 2007, 06:33 AM
I thought it was 329 Golds on Euro, not 339 :o
What am i missing stevie :?

you're missing the sci-fi pack ;)

http://www.scifitv.fr/psp/

scroll to the bottom of the page for the d/l
it's basically khara descent with different adverts (skin)

guillaume
12th January 2007, 07:28 AM
By the name of your Profile folder: UCUS98612P0000, I'd say that you don't have the Euro (UCESxxx...) but the US version of Pure (UCUSxxx...).
The fact that you have access to the US downloads in the menu also makes me think that you have the US version indeed.
That means you don't have access to the Omega league, really worth having imo, nor to the Sci-Fi pack, really not worth having imo, except for the joy of having ten more medals, and completing the Khara Descent Flash Time Trial once again ;)

So you may want to find the EU copy of Pure.
IIRC, the '2' on the region icon is indeed for EU games. Maybe you were sold the US UMD with a Euro packaging. You can tell the difference by looking at the UMD, they are different for US and Euro version. What does yours look like?

So if you indeed have the US version, you definitely completed the game, congratulations ;)

il_NIK
12th January 2007, 01:31 PM
Congratulations.

Yes, Khara Descent in Flash is really the more difficult gold to win. I think for an error by developers

batfastad
12th January 2007, 02:24 PM
By the name of your Profile folder: UCUS98612P0000, I'd say that you don't have the Euro (UCESxxx...) but the US version of Pure (UCUSxxx...).
The fact that you have access to the US downloads in the menu also makes me think that you have the US version indeed.
That means you don't have access to the Omega league, really worth having imo, nor to the Sci-Fi pack, really not worth having imo, except for the joy of having ten more medals, and completing the Khara Descent Flash Time Trial once again ;)

So you may want to find the EU copy of Pure.
IIRC, the '2' on the region icon is indeed for EU games. Maybe you were sold the US UMD with a Euro packaging. You can tell the difference by looking at the UMD, they are different for US and Euro version. What does yours look like?

So if you indeed have the US version, you definitely completed the game, congratulations ;)

Hi Guillaume

Just taken a look at my actual game disc - what difference should I be looking out for?
Is there any clues in the text round the edge of the disc?
It has Manufactured in USA UCUS 98612. UPSS 000720

Is that the US version I have?

Hellfire_WZ
12th January 2007, 04:20 PM
Yep, UCUS. That's the US version you have there. It'd be UCES if it was the EU version

guillaume
12th January 2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah at this point there's no doubt you have the US version, but just to answer your question, I was thinking about the picture on the UMD.
The US one has 3 blue arrows, with "wipeout pure" written in orange and white, whereas the Euro one has 3 arrows of different colors, yellow, red and blue, with "wipeout pure" written in white on the blue arrow.

So go get the Euro version! Even if it means getting a refund for the US version, I'd say it's worth it :D

batfastad
13th January 2007, 11:24 AM
Yep, just checked it and it's definitely the US version.

Dammit Sony?? Why on earth have different downloadable content for the 2 versions? :( :(

Have to get hold of the EU version then.

Asayyeah
13th January 2007, 01:10 PM
Why on earth have different downloadable content for the 2 versions? :( :(.
3 versions more exactly , cause Jap version ( code region 2 with written only for Japan) has also a specific Dl part ( but no real extra pack like we , lucky euro owner- have :) )
Pure Pal is easy to find make sure to email the seller for getting a real euro one this time ;) and wellcome 'a' board batfastad :)

Lance
13th January 2007, 01:48 PM
?
I thought there were four versions, with the Korean/general Asian version not having any downloads available at all. ?

Asayyeah
13th January 2007, 02:27 PM
Apologize Lance , there's 4 versions you right, but i was talking on versions who have downloadable stuff, Korean no DL at all ( uniquely based on 147 Gold )

batfastad
13th January 2007, 05:01 PM
Right, so I have completed the US version with 284 golds.

I'm guessing there's no way to use my profile with the EU version?
Could I rename the profile folder to be the name of the EU profile folder? Just so I don't have to re-do the 284 golds I already have??

Tomahawk
13th January 2007, 05:25 PM
As far as I know you cannot use your pure US profile for the euro version. You'll have to replay all the golds once you get hold of an euro pure. But don't be sad - only practice leads to perfection! (and to the top of the WZ-timetables) ;)

DJ Techno
13th January 2007, 06:47 PM
well congragulations.

so im not the only one to complete it with using the zone craft for my trials.

peace out and good luck

stin
13th January 2007, 07:59 PM
Right, so I have completed the US version with 284 golds.

I'm guessing there's no way to use my profile with the EU version?
Could I rename the profile folder to be the name of the EU profile folder? Just so I don't have to re-do the 284 golds I already have??

Yes you have completed on US version! congrats!

On Euro version which you have to start all over again including Omega but if you are planning to get one?

Chill
13th January 2007, 10:17 PM
^^Yeah, like stin said...^^^

Funny thing is, I'm on this step right now!!!;)

Dominator
17th January 2007, 01:13 AM
you're missing the sci-fi pack ;)

http://www.scifitv.fr/psp/

scroll to the bottom of the page for the d/l
it's basically khara descent with different adverts (skin)

Thanks KANDANG :g

Is it really worth downloading the scifi pack??

guillaume
17th January 2007, 10:36 AM
As it's been said before, the Sci-Fi pack is Khara Descent with Sci-Fi branding, basically purple billboards...
And you get a new purple skin as well, but except if you're a fan of this TV channel, there is very little chance you will use it :)

So the only point of having it is if you want to see 339 gold medals instead of 329 in your profile :D

One last thing, there is no art unlocked for this pack.

Dominator
17th January 2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks guillaume, I will have to think on this one...

B[one]
31st January 2007, 06:44 PM
I did TT Flash Khara Descent quite easily, the hardest TT for me is, at the moment, Anulpha Pass Phantom, I needed at least to try 10 times before I got gold :pirate

TONY-T
1st February 2007, 05:51 AM
Anyone have a list of all the downloadable packs and what regions they work in?

Better yet, does anyone know where to download all the packs besides from that crappy site wipeoutpure.com?

guillaume
1st February 2007, 11:56 AM
Here you go:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51529&postcount=92

And I believe you can still download the packs for your version on the yourpsp websites (.com, .co.uk, .fr, or wherever you come from)

Asayyeah
1st February 2007, 05:38 PM
It is going a little bit off topic.

Lance
1st February 2007, 11:52 PM
That's what happens when the thread starts with a message instead of a topic. It turns into a general chat.