PDA

View Full Version : Air Racer Controller for N64

lunar
23rd December 2006, 10:12 AM
Love this game - would probably be up there as a contender with 2097 as my favourite, if only you could use a negcon, for pitch control. Has anyone ever tried an Air Racer Optical 3D Controller (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIR-RACER-CONTROLLER-PS-NINTENDO-64-NEW_W0QQitemZ120066136501QQihZ002QQcategoryZ38615Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item1200 66136501#ebayphotohosting)? It could have independent left/right and up/down, to some extent, I think.

Looks like a gimmick, but maybe not?

stin
23rd December 2006, 09:58 PM
Remember this is a 64, not a PS3! and it`s not designed to tilt?

stevie:)

lunar
23rd December 2006, 10:38 PM
It`s not PS3 Wipeout, but after a bottle of Jacob`s Creek, and if you squint at the screen from a position behind the christmas tree, with one of these controllers it might be just as good!

I think the better option might be to get a new spring mechanism for the N64 controller, as apparently these can be replaced. Unless anyone knows these cheapo tilt controllers are any more than play-once-then-use-as-frisbee material.

auri
10th January 2007, 02:22 PM
I remember that thing! :D
I had that back in the days before I sold my n64.
I was fascinated by it back then before I bought it. And after I bought it it was rather boring. I played some Cruisn' USA with it and it was ok but I can tell you won't be able to play the phantom series with that thing I guess.
Nothing is better than the n64 stick in my opinion :)

I play with a up down left right pad on my emulator though and it works well too.
(Such a low price, try it if you want, I paid 20 euro for that thing or so)