PDA

View Full Version : 2006-12-18: Wipeout 64 added to the records system

infoxicated
18th December 2006, 04:10 PM
Pretty much what it says in the title.

If you want me read me waffling on about it to fill up enough space so that the image doesn't look out of place, there's more here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/news.php?action=display&id=122.

(Sometimes I have to do that, you know. ;) )

Sausehuhn
18th December 2006, 11:19 PM
even though I don't own the game it's a nice addition to the tables, good work Rob :)

"Here's hoping for more sequels to get our teeth into in the near future, too."
I like that if I understand that right :D

Asayyeah
18th December 2006, 11:40 PM
great addition to the tables Rob , now i simply need to ask Al to find a N64 ntsc console for cheap to let me run the W64 ntsc i already have ;)... also need to rob ( no bad joke on that Rob :cold ) my previous N64 to my godchild, i 'stupidily' offered her without knowing years after , the '64' tables will be there :D ( Caroline if you read me :paperbag )

Zerow
19th December 2006, 12:01 AM
Shame I don't have WO64, or even an N64 for that matter. :frown:

May there be record tables for the original WipEout right round the corner! :hyper

lunar
19th December 2006, 12:16 AM
Great stuff Rob. I have Wipeout 64 Pal, and will have an N64 console soon. I already bought a cheap but broken one from some weirdo on Amazon. Remember folks: feedback matters! But I found another one, and I`ll stick some times up. Somebody has to be second so Al can be first.
:)

JABBERJAW
19th December 2006, 02:57 AM
I have no pal times at the moment. I never tried the brake tapping technique for wo64, however, you cannot see your speed, so it will be hard to determine.

rdmx
19th December 2006, 05:14 AM
Will you accept times via emu?

It's likely to be slower than people playing a console anyway.:paperbag

Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI8acdTVzn8

infoxicated
19th December 2006, 10:31 AM
Not really, no - times have to be set on unmodified hardware with an unmodified version of the game. i.e. not a chipped console and not a ripped version of the game.

Although, to be honest, I don't expect a deluge of Wipeout 64 records, for the obvious reasons that it's an old game and it was one of the rarer/less popular versions. I guess if other N64 players are willing to allow it, then emu times could be allowed in this case. Myself, I've never played it... even though I do own a copy.

JABBERJAW
19th December 2006, 12:46 PM
No way should emus be allowed. Just played on a regular console. No turning around at the beginning of the race either, just like in xl. Just buy an n64, it can't cost more than 10$ now.

Mad-Ice
19th December 2006, 02:36 PM
Yup i agree with JABBERJAW, no emus!! And i already checked for N64 and Wipeout. Not long from now and i will own a N64 and Wipeout64 too.:banzai Together it will cost me around 40 euro's.

infoxicated
19th December 2006, 02:45 PM
That's fine by me, then - the ruling is, no emus.

And don't even think about llamas.

:D

lunar
19th December 2006, 09:50 PM
LOL.

If we don`t count the £10 of rattling old junk some freakshow sold me, it cost me 20 quid to get up and running on 64. Unfortunately my stick is floppy, and while this is fine on Vector, it could be a problem on the faster classes, so I will probably need another controller. Any future 64 pilots should definitely check this with anyone they buy from on ebay. Had I known about this issue I could have got a controller with a firmer stick. :paperbag

Great you have the game too, Matt. I`ve only done a few races but I love it already. The N64 controller seems much better than a Sony one for wiping-out, though not as good as a Neg. I highly recommend this game - it`s sort of like a 2097 expansion pack.

Lion
21st December 2006, 08:43 PM
never thought of it that way, nice :)

Mad-Ice
27th December 2006, 09:50 PM
Jihaa, just came home from Oslo where my girlfriend and i have spent christmas together with her family there. It was superb, i hope everyone else had a good christmas too! And what did i found behind the door: a Nintendo 64, wipeout game, for my new nintendo 64. I have some work to do, but first i have to finish my Pure records.

Asayyeah
28th December 2006, 01:52 PM
You should get your N64 controller with you when you drop in Le Havre next week : sweet multi competition over wipeout games :D
But it seems we will be busy by Pure & Kai : i know few 'die-hard' kai pilots who wants to fight you for the 1st time!

[end of off-topic transmission :paperbag ]