PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core, anyone?

Armoredgear7
28th May 2002, 02:40 AM
Hey, i realize that this has almost no relevance to WipEout, but im curious if any of you out there are Armored Core (PSX/PS2) fans too.

I for one am a diehard AC fan, own every game to date :)

zargz
28th May 2002, 11:57 AM
I own the 3 games 4 the psx ..
when I get a ps2, NOT in the near future, I'ma gonna buy fusion and AC!!

Wamdue
28th May 2002, 11:59 AM
i bought ac2 to ps2 cause im a big fan of mechs in general. didnt like it at first.. but when I got into it i really liked it. Its really fun to pilot a mech wich youve partially made yourself.

Armoredgear7
28th May 2002, 08:08 PM
Yeah, if you havent already, you oughta try AC2 Another Age for the PS2 - its AC2 but without the seperate Arena and 100 missions - not 36 :)

Ive found that overall, Armored Core (the original one) and AC2 are the best of the 5, hopefully AC3 will live up to this. From what ive seen, it should :D

BTW, im curious to see what mech designs you guys use, so we could start posting parts configs here :wink:

jmoid
30th May 2002, 04:57 PM
i think ac2 is the best game so far on the ps2. sadly another age hasn't been released in the uk but hopefully ac3 will be.

i'm not sure exactly what parts i use but it's usually something like this:

i always use the caterpillar track legs - best load capacity and amour points, and no need for a booster as they're built in. generally i use the zio core with lotsa slots, the hidden fcs part, and the balena generator that you get given after a while. arms depend on whether i'm doing missions or in the arena, for missions i almost always use the missile launcher arms and for arena battles either the energy weapon arms, or the heavy zio arms with the karasawa and the sword part that throws energy bolts. back weapons again depends on what i'm doing - for mission i'll use a combination of either the triple rockets, the chain gun (lots of ammo so really handy for missions where you have to smash boxes etc.) and the quick firing plasma weapon. for the arena i always used to use the vertical missiles but i've found recently that using the large rockets is really cool , they do pretty much as much damage as the karasawa and they're way cheap - although they're very difficult to aim. optional parts i use the one that speeds up lock ons, the two that lessen weapon damage, the one that expands yr capacitor and either the one that speeds up energy weapons or the one that increases their power...

thankyou and goodnight :D

PS http://www.acgarage.com/

Armoredgear7
31st May 2002, 08:34 PM
Heh, a tanker....

My friend beat the game using the heaviest tank he could put together with the folding back-mounted grenade cannon.... ouch.

My personal favorite is the light zio legs with the light zio core, light zio arms, top-end zio head, Karasawa, Moonlight laserblade (the hidden one), support missile extensions, and the twin vertical missiles (or 2 of the 4-shot single ones)

with that AC, ive been able to beat the top ranked arena guy without being hit once :D

PS ive been to the ACgarage... found it and a whole bunch of AC sites a long time ago... too bad most of the good ones dissappeared. www.coreplayer.com is one of the good ones left

jmoid
1st June 2002, 02:26 PM
thanks man i'll check that site out, i though you'd probably know acgarage already :) i think i need to get a bit better b4 i can play with lighter AC.

jmoid
1st June 2002, 02:33 PM
wow, that is a good site!!!

Armoredgear7
1st June 2002, 05:24 PM
Yeah, regarding lightweight ACs,
that one up there is actually overweight (if i remember correctly), but in one of my files i have one that isnt overweight thats pretty much just as deadly.

And yes, lightweight ACs take some practice and seem to only be really useful if you give them with at least some heavy firepower (karasawa, large missile volleys). The other thing is that you need to MASTER THE STRAFE buttons; i cannot stress that enough :wink:

I think thats about all, but the most important skill in AC2 is to be able to dodge, especially against the top 10 arena opponents.

Lance
1st June 2002, 07:06 PM
it's about time for you guys to start an armoured core board

Armoredgear7
1st June 2002, 10:46 PM
lol...

um... :roll:

jmoid
4th June 2002, 08:45 PM
hehehe yeah good idea :)