PDA

View Full Version : The unthinkable has happened!

Zerow
3rd December 2006, 10:45 PM
Ladies and gentleWipErs, something amazing, unimaginable, unthinkable has happened! Across the records tables, the general pattern of the ship occupying the first place spot is almost invariable. The Pure tables, for example, are mostly dominated by Triakis, while the WO3 tables are controlled with an iron fist by Icaras. There is an occasion on all the tables where a different ship has clinched the top spot, the likes of Qirex and Assegai. But never, ever, anywhere do you see a Feisar out-racing all the other teams - there's no way that could ever happen . . . untill now!

I give you:

WipEout Pure > PAL > Time Trial > Race Time > Karbonis VR > Venom

Total race time: 1.19.04

Ship used: Feisar

Proof! (http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9461/karbonisttresultsnv7.png)

That is all. :g

Mad-Ice
3rd December 2006, 10:57 PM
JiiiiiHaaaaaa:cowboy

That's very nice! Congratulations on that one, superb!!:+

lunar
3rd December 2006, 11:02 PM
Applause - one in the eye for the Big Triakis. :+ ;)

Task
4th December 2006, 03:17 AM
And not just ANY Triakis, either!

Beating Arnauds Triakis by nearly a full second!

Brilliant achievement! All hail FEISAR!

"And now in the FX300 league, our focus on acceleration and shielding has finally paid off!" - unknown FEISAR executive

Lance
4th December 2006, 08:02 AM
Mon Dieu! C'est impossible, n'est-ce pas?!

Frances_Penfold
4th December 2006, 08:19 AM
I STILL can't comprehend how Triakis or Feisar can be the fastest vehicles for at least the slower speeds (Vector, Venom) on tracks without that many opportunities for barrel rolling.

I mean, I trust y'all, you have much more experience. I'm just amazed.

:)

Silverstream
4th December 2006, 02:17 PM
All I can say is... congratulations!

That is some achievement, especially with a FEISAR.

Asayyeah
4th December 2006, 06:40 PM
Tout est possible !!

Big congrats Owen :+
Ive worked on karbonis recently and i must say you master Feisar mate !!
Really great perf :banzai

Zerow
4th December 2006, 10:12 PM
*bows*

However! Would ya believe it, that record's already been beaten! Same ship, same pilot!

0.27.05 | 0.25.63 | 0.25.82 = 1.18.50

Proof (http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/829/karbonisttresultsgn2.png)

The time of the 'AG Turtle' has at long last arrived! Proof that "Slow and steady wins the race." :rock

andy
5th December 2006, 02:04 PM
wow! whoever did that is very, very good and I give them my fantabulous thumbs up :+ nice one

Zerow
5th December 2006, 09:33 PM
I STILL can't comprehend how Triakis or Feisar can be the fastest vehicles for at least the slower speeds (Vector, Venom) on tracks without that many opportunities for barrel rolling.

Well, even on tracks with no barrel roll availability at the slower speed classes, Triakis is still generally speaking the pick of the bunch for fastest possible times, as it loses so little speed through the corners.

However, one of it's drawbacks is that, even by Pure's abysmal thrust standards, it accelerates about as quickly as a tank - a major drawback on a track as short as Karbonis VR, where reaching even half of your ship's maximum potential top speed is an extremely inconsistent occurence. Not a problem for Feisar, as it's very slow (as usual) anyway, and it has better acceleration than Triakis.

Another problem for Triakis is that it's a pretty bulky beast - Karbonis in turn is an exceptionally narrow track. There's one section in particular where you're almost being kissed by the walls on either side of the track at once, AND you have to negotiate a series of small winding curves here. Feisar has another advantage here, as it's a fair bit smaller, so it can take a more straight line through the section at slower speeds.

Exploiting these weaknesses of Triakis on Karbonis is something which Feisar (and possibly AG Systems) is capable of doing beautifully, it would seem.

Asayyeah
5th December 2006, 10:03 PM
My triakis & me are at war :pirate
i am going work on it now ...

Edit
26.02 / 25.64 / 26.93 = 1.18.59
i'm getting closer :cold
Edit 2
26.67 / 24.80 / 26.15 = 1.17.62

i am using the turbo ( right after the boost pad before the big fractured straight line) to get those times , but my current LR is a bit different : i used turbo on the top of the hill ( after the start, cut a little bit the left side , and before landing where you can, lol, use a BR)

Edit3
26.20 / 25.08 / 24.38 = 1.15.66
here's the best i can do now with 'turbo before straight line technique'

Zerow
5th December 2006, 10:33 PM
Nice one! :+

It's my first day at college tommorow (:g), but when I get back, let's see if I can make that lazy-arse turtle go even faster!

infoxicated
6th December 2006, 04:13 PM
lazy-arse turtle
Thank goodness for punctuation... that hyphen makes all the difference between what you said, and something more rude.

A bit like how capitalising the first letter of names is the difference between "helping your uncle Jack off a horse", and something unprintable! ;) :D

Lance
6th December 2006, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't it also require a hyphen to make arse turtle really really rude? ;)
Hm... arse-turtle. Yeah, that would be ruder. :D

Zerow
6th December 2006, 09:08 PM
Heh. ;)

Right then, I've managed to improve my race record. Just.

0.26.71 | 0.25.75 | 0.25.84 = 1.18.30

AND I managed to set a new lap record - 0.24.97

Feisar is coming back, slowly yet surely!

Zerow
7th December 2006, 09:38 PM
New Vector and Flash lap records:

Vector - 0.29.11

Flash - 0.22.49

Feisar's back on the offensive! Tommorow, we'll see if we can do a 1.17.XX Venom race. :pirate

Zerow
8th December 2006, 11:08 PM
WipEout Pure: Episode V - Feisar Strikes Back

While no further improvement has been made at Venom speed, Feisar delivers another slap-in-the-face to Triakis . . . twice!

New Vector race time: 1.32.49

Proof (http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7610/karbonisvectorab3.png)

New Flash race time: 1.35.45

Proof (http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5039/karbonisflashgb2.png)

Your move, Arnaud. :sonar

Asayyeah
9th December 2006, 10:56 PM
:o :mr-t :o
you will heard of me soon, I promise grrrr

;)

Zerow
10th December 2006, 09:37 PM
New Rapier lap record and race record!

Race record - 1.22.57

Lap record - 0.18.95

Proof! (http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/470/karbonisrapierrb7.png)

Haven't entered my Phantom records yet, but will do soon. ;)

Zerow
11th December 2006, 09:06 PM
I've improved my Rapier lap record even further - 0.18.70 :dizzy

Welcome to the revolution folks! =D

Asayyeah
11th December 2006, 10:34 PM
this is a real scary one! could you describe me your lines?
WE should rename that topic by ' How Feisar rules by Owen ' ;)

Zerow
11th December 2006, 11:01 PM
If a 'Piloting tips for WipEout Pure' thread was made, I'd gladly write up a complete track guide for Feisar, but even if it isn't, I'll still do it whenever I get some spare time. :+

EDIT - Jay (Task) has made a piloting tips thread! I'll get to work on a track guide ASAP.