PDA

View Full Version : New Bug?

JABBERJAW
28th November 2006, 04:20 AM
Don't know if anyone noticed this, but if you turbo then hit a turbo pad, you slow down.

lunar
28th November 2006, 09:11 AM
yes there are places where speed pad avoidance is as important as hitting them can be in other places. There are some cases, though, after barrel roll turbos, that it can be quicker to take the speed pad than miss it. This seems to depend on how far you land from the speed pad, whether it`s a bumpy landing, and which speed class you are playing on. I don`t really have a problem with all this, it adds a problem to think about, though I wouldn`t mind if speed pads always added to the speed, either.

JABBERJAW
28th November 2006, 12:39 PM
They should always add to the speed, I noticed this on khara after the turn before the jumps. Makes no sense.

PH03N1X
28th November 2006, 01:25 PM
i noticed something else to and it isnt really a bug just kind of an annoyoance. ok so if you use a quake you will see the first screen go kind of red. which means o crap i better go faster! but after the quake is gone the screen still goes kind of red like another quake is coming. very annoying.

Zerow
28th November 2006, 08:56 PM
If an AI opponent uses a Quake, it also sounds like, for a moment afterwards, that another one is coming up. Can't remember if it's like this always, but certainly sometimes. Again, not necessarily a bug, but still a bit of an annoyance.

andy
28th November 2006, 09:05 PM
I just avoid them - I put prioritory on weapon pads instead of speed pads. known this for ages, didn't class it as a bug though, suppose it is. Sometimes it can be very annoying.

Frances_Penfold
29th November 2006, 04:18 PM
The "bug" I hate is the general aversion the game has towards sleep mode! Between the outright system crashes and the slow recovery when returning from sleep.... :mad:

Still an awesome game though :D

Hellfire_WZ
29th November 2006, 04:35 PM
Very true. The speed boost from a turbo is stronger than from a speed pad. If you use them one after the other, whichever came last overrides the first one. In this case, the pad would override the turbo, giving you a less powerful boost.

Silverstream
6th December 2006, 11:15 AM
Yes, it's a problem I've encountered on several occasions, especially when doing time trial mode. I tend to use the turbo boost you're provided with on the straighter sections of track to maximise the speed gained, but then go and run over a turbo pad and ruin it! :frown: