PDA

View Full Version : Altima VII in Pure vs Altima VII in WipEout

chri5
31st October 2006, 10:14 AM
I think Altima VII in Pure is very flat compared to Altima VII in WipEout & W30.
What do you people think?

infoxicated
31st October 2006, 11:11 AM
Agreed - I think the Wipeout 3SE version rocks compared to the Pure version. :)

Hellfire_WZ
31st October 2006, 11:57 AM
I guess that's probably because the Wipeout 3SE version was an almost exact remake whereas the Pure version had to be "tamed" to account for the new physics and the memory constraints of the PSP. The Pure version seemed much shorter.

RingoSpoon
31st October 2006, 08:51 PM
Man I will have to check out Atima VII on Wipeout 3SE :) I love it on Pure, I think it is my favourite track - Respect Bro :)

Dominator
31st October 2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah Altima V11 original then 3SE were awsome, Pure version just isn't up to scratch, very dull without any scenery too!!
Any remake of an old track bust be almost identical with scenery to boot :)

Zerow
31st October 2006, 10:40 PM
The original Altima VII all the way. The Pure remake simply pales in comparison, although I think it's still pretty good.

chri5
1st November 2006, 09:06 AM
I guess that's probably because the Wipeout 3SE version was an almost exact remake whereas the Pure version had to be "tamed" to account for the new physics and the memory constraints of the PSP. The Pure version seemed much shorter.

I thought the PSP was loads better than a PSone?

Hellfire_WZ
1st November 2006, 11:10 AM
It is, but to have Altima VII in its full length on the PSP they would have had to have cut back on a lot to keep the polygon count down.

ResidentDante
13th November 2006, 08:27 AM
Are you sure about this? Far as I can see, Pure (or the PSP for that matter) is spitting out far more polygons than the PS1 ever did. Just look at the scenery detail in Pure compared to the PS1 games.

Hellfire_WZ
13th November 2006, 10:47 AM
Even the PSP has its limits. As I said before, the detail is far greater than the PSX, but being a handheld it is still limited by how many polygons it can display.