PDA

View Full Version : 2006-10-30: WipeoutZone Widgets Launched

infoxicated
30th October 2006, 07:16 PM
If you follow the links on the home page, you'll be able to download the new WipeoutZone Random Quotes Widget, which will bring all of those quotes you know and love from the home page direct to your desktop to brighten up your day. :pc

This is intended to be the first of many - I'll be working on Widgets that bring you the latest activity on the record tables without you having to visit the site, for example.

For now, why not install the Yahoo! Widget Engine (http://widgets.yahoo.com) and give the WipeoutZone Random Quotes Widget (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/widgets/WpeoutZone%20Random%20Quotes.widget) a whirl. :)

Rapier Racer
30th October 2006, 07:31 PM
Ooohhh this is rather cool 8) nice job :+

Asayyeah
30th October 2006, 08:59 PM
Thx Rob, i ve installed yahou widget engine with success but when i click on the 2nd link from WZ/widget : i ve got a page saying : XML can't be shown due to an error found with incorrect character wdgt
I am using IE6

Hellfire_WZ
30th October 2006, 09:07 PM
:D Nice little addition there Rob!

Rapier Racer
30th October 2006, 09:35 PM
I got that same error using IE 7, worked perfect with Firefox

Shem
31st October 2006, 09:56 AM
uhmm, what's wrong with the installer? Downloaded it, installed. At least i thought i installed it. The thing won't install itself. The desktop icon won't show, i checked the folder of this wigdet thing, and there's not a single file except the EULA.doc . Anybody?

I'm thinking it's because i unchecked all the toolbars and stuff, that they wanted me to install during the instalation. So no Yahoo Toolbar (no, thanks...), I didn't set Yahoo on my front page, and there was this third thing that i unchecked.

Is it possible that when you uncheck all the annoying things you don't want to install, the installer itself gives you the finger and refuses to install?

infoxicated
31st October 2006, 11:08 AM
Thx Rob, i ve installed yahou widget engine with success but when i click on the 2nd link from WZ/widget : i ve got a page saying : XML can't be shown due to an error found with incorrect character wdgt
I am using IE6
I don't understand what you're saying there, Arnaud - any chance of a screen grab so I can see where it's happening?

Asayyeah
31st October 2006, 01:23 PM
Shem , i have unchecked the 3 things you talked and my yahoo engine is launching properly, i think your problem may come from your firewall which is blocking the transmission between the widget programm and yahoo servers to allow widgets to be shown onto your desktop.

Rob : this is in french.:redface:

La page XML ne peut pas être affichée

Impossible d'afficher l'entrée XML en utilisant la feuille de style . Corrigez l'erreur, puis cliquez sur le bouton Actualiser (javascript:location.reload()) ou réessayez ultérieurement. Un caractère incorrect a été trouvé dans un contenu de texte. Erreur de traitement de la ressource http://www.wipeoutzone.c...
wdgt

infoxicated
31st October 2006, 03:48 PM
No kidding.

Anyone here speak french?

;)

guillaume
31st October 2006, 04:18 PM
I think this is the error Asayyeah gets:
http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/4656/widgeterroraj9.jpg

stin
31st October 2006, 10:13 PM
That`s exactly what happens to me as well!

stevie:(

infoxicated
1st November 2006, 10:23 AM
Just right click and "save target as" in IE - once it's downloaded you can just click to open it in the Yahoo! Widget Engine.

Asayyeah
3rd November 2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks Rob :+

Zerow
7th November 2006, 09:43 PM
Ye', these are very nice, thanks a lot! :+

Mobius
8th November 2006, 07:34 PM
Ooh very nice, now everyone can read my words of...ahem..."wisdom" :)

</brag>

Shem
14th November 2006, 03:01 PM
ah f***in hell, i've been here for 3 years now and i still didn't make it to 'quotes'. C'mon Foxxy, boost my ego!

infoxicated
14th November 2006, 03:34 PM
Well, if it makes you happy... I guess you do have a quote that's worth preserving... ;)

Shem
14th November 2006, 09:52 PM
sweet:)