PDA

View Full Version : which classic wipeout tracks would you like to see revamped in a future installment?

Valparaiso
25th October 2006, 06:57 PM
and what would you change about them? i really loved the classic leagues in pure, and i'm sure liverpool studios will continue to pay tribute to the old favourites, but i think pure's choice of classic tracks neglected a few that really deserve better treatment than they were originally given. particularly those from 2097; i think the game suffered hugely from a lack of intensity and replayability. somehow i never cared whether i won or lost in 2097. but each track was just a breeze to fly on. i would like to see the following circuits brought back and made more challenging, to suit the diversified and more engrossing gameplay innovations seen in Pure:

Sagar Matha- maybe set at night, with icier conditions and possibly some terraform sections. Wider sections of the track for improved battling and more steep climbs and fast slopes.

Valparaiso- i love the lurid, saturated green look of the jungle and the general track design. but some multiple route sections and faster straights would be cool. i think valparaiso could really become a seminal battling track with pure's well-tuned weapons system.

Phenitia Park- good as it is, but i think it would benefit from some wacky features like loop the loops, big jumps and some wiggly karbonis-esque halfpipe bends.

Vostok Island/Spilskinanke- two of the coolest wipeout tracks ever imo, but they suffered from a lack of visibility and 2097's unforgiving thunkiness. brighten them up, lose the merciless checkpoint countdown, and signpost some of those blind corners.

Lion
25th October 2006, 08:34 PM
not too keen on loops, but I'd be keen to see Phenitia Park return

Rapier Racer
25th October 2006, 11:17 PM
I want Gare d’Europa! In addition I'd like it fully rendered please none of this virtual reality nonsense like we have in Pure, ugh. It does not need changing the original was perfect, perfect I say! Loops? I don’t care for and they don’t work so well anyway, what happens when you’re at the top of it upside down and someone hits you with rockets? The craft would simply have to drop down onto its roof and I’ve already grown to hate my craft ending up on its roof from the few times it’s happened on Pure.

I’d like to see Terminal make a return too.

Zerow
25th October 2006, 11:26 PM
All of them, preferably!

However, if I were limited to just five:

1) Altima VII

2) Valparaiso

3) Gare D'Europa

4) Manor Top

5) Mandrashee 3 (Forward)

I wouldn't make any modifications to any of them, as they're each fine as they are (if not masterpieces, in the case of the last three).

Valparaiso
25th October 2006, 11:54 PM

terminal was the coolest wo3 track, second only to p-mar project which is the most beautiful track in the series. sheer utopia.

Lance
26th October 2006, 12:25 AM

I love that course! When I first joined the WZ, Jay and I raced a lot there against each other [in unrealtime]. It's a high-speed waltz.

Task
26th October 2006, 12:52 AM
That was indeed quite awesome.

I still love Terminal because of all the time we spent racing it.
Did I like it that much before? Hmm, hard to say, it was so long ago...
Perhaps, but probably not.
You really have to fly a track a lot to gain such a high level of appreciation for it. Something that stands up well to that many repeat playings just shows its quality.

Getting back to topic though, recreations of tracks that were great in a specific version of WO don't always come through so well in later versions. Like the 8+ extra tracks in SE, I just don't like them as much in SE as I do in their "home version". I've heard similar things about the recreation of Manor Top. Those tracks are made for the physics of the WO they were built for, and it doesn't seem to follow that they'll be good tracks in a different physics model.

The one exception might be WOXL and WO64, but that's likely because WO64 is pretty much a port of WOXL with the same physics.

Anyway, in the end while it's all well and good to have old tracks come back for a repeat performance in a later version, it's much more important to have new tracks that were explicity designed for that WO. I'd rather have new tracks than old, and I can't think of a single case where I'd go the other way.

Dominator
26th October 2006, 01:07 AM
I agree with Zerow "All of them" and i would like to see them pretty much in there original form, with next gen graphics "wow"
I think the original tracks are about the best there are imo anyway!! :)

Sausehuhn
26th October 2006, 04:50 PM
If there're classic tracks again, please don't change their course. Making them wider or adding new routes just make them to another track - which can be better, but in most cases it isn't.

Classic tracks should really be as they are originally. No recreation, cause this will change the track. Even when it's just a slightly change, it can change the whole track experience. And if there's no way to get back the old track data, then I would rather don't have these tracks than having them recreated.

I'm pretty sure that just Fusion's and Pure's original track data is still available. So there is a decision to make: just implement tracks from these two games, or use them and also the recreated, or leave them all out.

Generally all tracks should get a graphic update, nothing more. This means bitmaps with higher resolution, reworked models (e.g.: making a hemisphere more rounded) and maybe some details added (e.g.: if the original model has a bitmap with a cavity on it, the reworked model could now actually have the cavity instead of just having a bitmap showing it).
But all in all the original track and its surrounding should stay so it does not lose it's original character and feeling.
This should be the easiest for Fusion and Pure tracks as these are the newest and complexest so far. The PS1 models aren't that complex, so these maybe need new models added instead of just old models reworked.
I'm talking about models in the surrounding here, not models on the track (cause these would change the track itself again).

As Task already said, it's also a matter of the ship's physics. I'm not sure if all Pure tracks work if they cut out the sideshifiting. Or if all tracks are as thrilling as they're now without barrelrolling.

So, enough words said, here is my 1st small list with just a very small selection:

Stanza Inter.
This track is just blazing. It's not just the track itself, it's also the mood you have on this one. These huuuge buildings around you - just awesome.
I really could imagine a reworked version here, with even higher buildings and vehicles moving over the city which give the track more "life".
In general, I would like to see a track in big city in the next WipEout. Not sure if this surrounding should be used for a classic track though. But if, then definitely Stanza.

Florion Height 3
An outpost in the desert. Yes. God, I just love this one. I really do. The feeling, the track, the freeform section, all just fits. You really get this feeling you're here alone in the desert with a bunch of people living there in this small "citycenter" with it's powerhouse.
Sadly they would have to leave out the looping and I'm not sure yet if they should stay with the course and implement a S-turn where the looping was or if they should slightly change the course to a straight.

Mandrashee 3 or 2 reverse
Or both ;)
I really like these tracks. Not sure about Mandrashee 3, because of it's screw that probably won't work with the new physics. I'm also not sure if they should make it the same way as they did it with Pure's version: make a bumping section out of it.
This problem won't be that huge with the 2nd track, cause the "connection" to the screw is on it's end, so there could be made a steep turn out of it without noticing the change too much.

Citta Nuova
Already a classic (at least for me). Nothing more to say besides I'm not sure if it works without sideshifiting.

So that was my 1st small selection ;)

bakkufu
26th October 2006, 06:14 PM
Qoron IV for sure, that was an awesome track!!!!

I would like to see more stands and viewing platforms though, sometimes it feels like the only spectators for the future sport are at the start line lol

lunar
26th October 2006, 06:39 PM
some of the changes to the classic tracks have definitely been for the better though, imo. Pure`s Odessa Keys is a big improvement on the old ones, I think. It`s certainly the only version of OK which is fun to play, for me. ;) The back straight of Pure Mandrashee, with its weird camber, gives a fantastic on the edge feeling at Phantom. As Task said, just porting a track without changes might not suit the handling in another game, so if changes are going to improve the experience I say go for it. :)

Certainly the best track designs in Pure, I think, are the later ones specifically designed for the game, in Gamma, Delta and Omega, when I guess the team had just got better at it. Ubermall, Staten Park, Koltiwa and Burgertown are just perfection for Pure`s physics, which I think goes to show that you have to make all tracks suitable for the specific game, and that is more important than being true to the old track. Manor Top in Pure is very very much like the original in scale, but isn`t a whole lot of fun. Odessa Keys is completely different in many ways, but is a blast.

But I totally agree about Stanza Inter, Max. I was going to post in favour of that earlier, but couldn`t be bothered. ;) I think that track, as is, would really suit the sideshift and handling in Pure, and in a future game if it`s going to be based on Pure.

JABBERJAW
29th October 2006, 01:38 AM
"to suit the diversified and more engrossing gameplay innovations seen in Pure:"

I don't think many people would agree that pure has better gameplay mechanics than 2097/xl, although the competition is better(at cheating)

guillaume
29th October 2006, 04:49 AM
I onlly know Pure. But what do you mean by cheating? :)

Rapier Racer
29th October 2006, 01:27 PM
If it’s a reference to 2097, you could cut out huge sections of track in the faster classes and go right through what should have been solid buildings; however it wasn't always easy to do so an element of skill was involved. For the ultimate track cutting experience you need Wipeout 3 SE an Icaras and Porto Kora if I recall correctly?

ace-of-spades
29th October 2006, 06:32 PM
The first track from the original wipeout, which i cant remember the name of... I like the big climb about half way through.

I think it would also be nice if they started putting what country the tracks are in again, i just like it as a little touch that makes it more "realistic".

Lion
29th October 2006, 07:06 PM
guillaume: I think jabberjaw was referring to the AI not having to pass over weapon pads to get their weapons some of the time. eg: iirc they all start with a turbo

Asayyeah
30th October 2006, 02:06 PM
For the ultimate track cutting experience you need Wipeout 3 SE an Icaras and Porto Kora if I recall correctly?
Honestly all the tracks have shortcuts in SE ; the most terrific place to do insane shortcuts was terramax me-thinks with 3 massives one

blackwiggle
30th October 2006, 04:56 PM
Well guys you have to look at things going to a HD format...that equals more space on a disc..be it HDDVD or Blueray.

Not hard to see where the Wipeout series might progress...or might be replenished..as in ....the old reprogrammed into the new at a higher level.

Bring it on.:D

Dominator
30th October 2006, 09:46 PM
The first track from the original wipeout, which i cant remember the name of... I like the big climb about half way through.

Altima V11 :D

ace-of-spades
31st October 2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, thats the one. I just went and played Wipeout to see if that was the one i meant, i was there for like an hour, haha!

andy
2nd November 2006, 07:53 PM
Definately stanza inter. That track is amazing and it was actually the first time I had ever played wipEout (I know thats not a reason but meh). So fun, very fast and its so exhilerating to get that tunnel just right on phantom.

Also, I would have to say Sol 2. It isn't the obvious choice but I NEED to see that in high-def. stunning

The classic tracks in pure didn't feel right at all. The ships felt too big for the tracks and you were unable to manouver fluidly through the turns. Also, who wants virtual reality tronish tracks when you have the real thing. Which gives me an idea. What if the tracks look old and decrepid, with bits of the track broken, the countdown board smashed and empty stands crumbling.

Lion
2nd November 2006, 07:59 PM
that would be kinda cool, I can imagine that working especially well for the fusion tracks. (riots at the fall of F9000?)
the electric fences disabled and piles of debris and a broken tigron hull blocking the other paths instead
temtesh bay having a rerouted section to avoid the caved-in tunnel

but certain classics like karbonis I think would either have been saved as cultural icons, or turned into a puddle of glass (by a weapon sold by triakis?) - thus necessitating it's recreation in virtual reality because nothing remains in the real

Zerow
2nd November 2006, 09:12 PM
Nice idea, but I don't think they would ever allow professional racing to take place on tracks with smashed countdown boards and spectator stands that are falling apart. They would have to refurbish the tracks before reopening them.

Sausehuhn
2nd November 2006, 09:44 PM
Actually not that much refurbishing... maybe there're also AG-leagues under the leagues of the WipEout games (I guess so... I think I read something like "that and that team now got qualified to take place in the F9000 league" in the Fusion manual or at a website).
So these tracks (or at least a few of them) could be used by these leagues.
But then there's still a problem with the history, as AG-racing was "dead" a few years long following the history at WipEout Pure's website.
These tracks could have been refurbished in Pure's time or over a long time in general, though, so they are now ready for the new AG-league where the PS3 WipEout takes place :)
Somehow the same as you said, Zerow, but it's no "refurbished from one moment to another just for the new league".

Lance
3rd November 2006, 08:54 PM
Don't forget that the amateur racing, that preceded the revival of Pure's pro racing, would almost certainly have taken place on ruined tracks.

ace-of-spades
4th November 2006, 12:21 AM
Bearing in mind the character of Wipeout, perhaps crowds would just get bored of seeing the same tracks, so there would always be new ones being constructed.

swift killer
31st July 2007, 03:47 PM
[COLOR="Red"] to keep everyone happy, why dont they just bring back ALL tracks from ALL games, including wipeout 64 and let race em in reverse aswell

BRAP!!! IDEA OF ALL IDEAS!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

bring back temtesh bay with either a massive open cave with a lit-up trail to mark out the track or a ruin of the old track.
aslo to go with the storyline of the games, have the ship wreckages from the 'temtesh bay disaster' in the in the tunnel area.

could do something simular with all tracks from wipeout fusion as well as some old faves that may be 'too simple' in layout.

Lance
1st August 2007, 03:13 PM
''to keep everyone happy, why dont they just bring back ALL tracks from ALL games, including wipeout 64 and let race em in reverse aswell''

My opinion: Same reason as always, costs more in development time and money than Sony could get back from sales of the game. If Sony just charged the usual in order to keep sales numbers up, they would lose money on each sale. If they charged a lot more in an attempt to cover their actual expenses, then only the hardcore would buy it. Not enough of them to keep the price of the game reasonable by spreading the cost over a lot of units. They're screwed either way. Sony's game division is already losing huge amounts of money; it's the other parts of their business that keep them afloat.

Dr. Angryman
1st August 2007, 03:22 PM
Some of my favorite circuits from Wip3out are Hi-Fumii and P-mar Project. I'd like to see them return.

infoxicated
1st August 2007, 04:06 PM
I suggested we re-use old tracks over a year ago - nobody bats an eyelid when Gran Tourismo re-releases the same tracks they had in the original, but somehow Wipeout has to create a new set of tracks with every edition.

There seems to be a reluctance to do that kind of thing, though.

Shame, 'cos by now we'd have a good 40 tracks that were golden. :)

lunar
1st August 2007, 04:42 PM
If Classics are ever done again, please put in a word for Korodera and Silverstream: the best tracks never to have gotten a makeover. 8)

RJ O'Connell
1st August 2007, 07:49 PM
I, for one, would like to see the FX500 Race Commission (in the Wipeout PS3 game coming after HD) consider renovating old tracks. Like, say, maybe 1 or 2 per previous series, just like in Pure. But none of this Neo-Tronic or Race Space VR bollocks. When I race at Altima VII at Venom I can sometimes lose myself in the picturesque (for 1995) mountain backdrops of Western Canada, or at Silverstream where I wind through the desolate ice regions of Greenland, pulling my hair out at every embarassing wall hit. And I want to see that and not a blocky, neon-colored colourf**k like in Pure.

Just my two cents. Yes, I do sound whiney here, I noticed it too :P

swift killer
2nd August 2007, 12:33 PM
- please delete this post -

Dr. Angryman
2nd August 2007, 01:43 PM
:mad: funny how everyone ignored my temtesh bay idea :frown:

i think my idea is F***ING BRILLIANT! inform Mr. Berry because my idea is a killer :)

Woah.... We're not ignoring your idea, just posting some new ones. And don't get cocky. We don't want to see Mr. Berry angry! :bomb

swift killer
2nd August 2007, 01:50 PM
soz about that! lol, but i do think im on to something

infoxicated
2nd August 2007, 03:25 PM
:mad: funny how everyone ignored my temtesh bay idea :frown:
Maybe nobody thought it was a good idea.

Personally I think it's rubbish - Wipeout is all about the racing at high speed over challenging tracks, not dodging debris and changing track conditions.

I think you're after Fatal Inertia or WipEout Fusion, and we all know how well that did.

RJ O'Connell
2nd August 2007, 03:48 PM
Oh, don't forget Quantum Redshift - er, Days Of Thunder 2102. ;)

swift killer
3rd August 2007, 09:32 AM
thats why i said use it as a 'boss' level where difficulties go through the roof, so that;
1- it isnt over used, glorified
2- doesnt ruin the games flow
3- doesnt become a fiasco like fusion

if you dont like it, then no worries, you wont see it again in the game. but for those who do like these levels, have em as a seperate game mode.

this idea may sound stupid when reading it, but i think you might like it if it does appear in a WipEout due to the difficulty and rush you get from playing such a race, which is why i say not to over use it and have it as a 'boss' level

infoxicated
3rd August 2007, 12:08 PM
This has zero to do with the title of this topic.

Mark Of Insanity
4th August 2007, 01:25 PM
@Lunar - I love Korodera. It's the only track that challenges me every time I play it, which is great. Even Silverstream is easier (personally).
But Yeah, I think Korodera and Silverstream should be given another chance. It's a shame they weren't given a chance for SE, they're better than Arridos IV for sure. (Has anyone noticed that WO1 is my favourite WipEout game yet?)
There are tons of tracks that could and should be revamped - but to be honest I'm not that keen on Altima or Terramax being done unless the others are, they are overrated in comparison to the rest of the WO1 tracks IMO. Er, as for 2097, Talon's Reach, Gare d'Europa (sp?), and Spilskinanke were the exceptional tracks for me. Talon's Reach, is for sure, the Classic Track of the WipEout series.
As I've said many times before, 64 has had it's fair share of good tracks, but it would be pointless recreating them if it was in VR, because then you might as well have mirrored tracks. Was Sokana or Machaon II the jungle track? I'm not sure, but while it was rather cartoony, I certainly enjoyed the theming.

And I loved Mega Mall, in particular the spiral was an inspiring element. Terminal was weak for a final track, but Porto Kora and P-Mar Project were great tracks. And the red prototype track.

That's enough outta me.

RJ O'Connell
4th August 2007, 01:49 PM
Mark - it was Machaon II, based of course off of Gare D'Europa....

zargz
4th August 2007, 02:31 PM
I would like to see all of wo1, 2097and 3!
fusion I'm not sure coz didn't paly alot, actually never completed it .. http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/fcat.gif shame on you!!!
Ofcourse for reasons already discussed here we can't get them exactly as they were ..

But I wouldn't mind some tracks from Pure as downloads for Pulse, If possible!
I don't know about this but I imagine it's, if not the same, then almost the same engine used in both games. 8)
Is it?

Chill
6th August 2007, 12:11 AM
All PS1 Wipeouts, only the original Pure tracks (not burger town or paris hair for me please...). ;) Don't care for Wipeout Fusion at all really... :D

RJ O'Connell
6th August 2007, 02:41 AM
Who does? (Such wasted potential...to think I reserved that game six months prior to release...X_X)

Seeing ashow the design of the Wipeout tracks have evolved, seeing them re-created in PS3 graphics will be interesting...especially the tracks of WO1.

swift killer
7th August 2007, 07:56 AM
the fusion tracks would work with the current game engine i think, especially katmoda 12 III, madrashee III, and florion hieghts II + III, unfortunatly, these are the only tracks i can remember the layouts of from fusion

Rapier Racer
7th August 2007, 03:54 PM
Just having a look at my post from last year, I realized I missed a track, Katmoda 12 route 3 I think, take out the flippy bit and hell yeah! You all know how narrow that track is? And the speed on that straight! When you play it on a big screen that first drop down is amazing, so many speed pads pure speed :)

Dr. Angryman
7th August 2007, 05:31 PM
That drop was AWESOME! :rock

swift killer
9th August 2007, 04:27 PM
i think we shouldnt really bring back the tracks from fusion, we should take out the best bits and use them because every track had a flaw of some sort, i remember on florion hieghts an invisible hole would pop up infront of the boost pad under the rock in the freeform area!

Mark Of Insanity
10th August 2007, 10:11 PM
I just realised - Arridos would be perfect if recreated properly. There are at least five opportunities for barrel rolls (!) and it is a great track anyways. [sic]

Dr. Angryman
10th August 2007, 10:39 PM
Judging from the screenshots of Arridos, it looks like an almost perfect track to revamp. I say "judging from the screenshots" because I haven't played the first WipEout, ever.... :frown: But I have seen videos of it in action on Youtube. Looks like a more rural setting than Anasazi, which I like a lot.

swift killer
13th August 2007, 02:07 PM
bring back phenetia park from 2097

Zerow
22nd August 2007, 08:55 PM
Looking back at my old list, and having since played 2097 a lot, I simply have to add Vostok Island to my list. It's a corker of a track to me; definitely deserving of a revival because of its challenge and sheer fun. :rock

adelheid
28th August 2007, 02:33 PM
I would like to see the Lunar circuit again, but perhaps not so "busy"?

Definitely P-Mar and Terminal.... I liked one of the prototype tracks in WO3, but obviously I don't know it's serial number... sorry :D

Oh, wait, i remember a huge jump and a gigantic long curve, and there was a pit lane that was impossible to get into... if that helps.

Lance
28th August 2007, 06:31 PM
I think that would be prototype 3. Awesome track that seems to float in a red sky. Love it.

Mark Of Insanity
28th August 2007, 08:05 PM
Uh, I just wanted to add Terminal, the final track from playstation 2097 on the list. Would love to see that in next gen graphics.

Lance
28th August 2007, 11:56 PM
Terminal's in WO3; it's one of my all-time faves.

swift killer
29th August 2007, 08:20 AM
they should make a super long track which is a hybrid of all the best parts from the tracks in WO1, 2097, 3SE, Fusion (you know some parts were a thrill despite the rest of the game), Pure and Pulse to create the 'Nurburgring' of AG racing.

Mark Of Insanity
29th August 2007, 01:16 PM
swift killer, tracks much longer than a minute could get boring, so that might not be likely. However, I wouldn't be so suprised if developers used elements from older tracks and got inspiration to make tracks that would instantly be classics.

When I said Terminal, I actually meant this one \/ My bad.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10
But, that said, I would like to add a few of my Wipeout 3 favourites to my list...

Porto Kora,
Megamall,
P-Mar Project,
The Red Prototype track,
Terminal (the WO3 one)

swift killer
30th August 2007, 07:59 AM
sections from fusion i would like to see spliced into future tracks;

florion heights; II: the huge drop after the tunnel/cave section
III: the fan-jumps and the massive jump at the end

madarashee; II: the bridge-lift shortcut (for those of you who found it ;) ) where u lift the bridge turning it into a jump and turn it into a jump over a volcano.
III: the underwater section, with the 5-boost-pads-in-a-row thing, heck, the whole damn track was good!

cubis float: III: the 'bobsleigh run' section

alca vexus: II: the outdoor section with the transparent track which goes steep-up and back down.
III: the sideways turn under a waterfall, the jump through a waterfall

vohl square: this, i think, was the best tracks in Fusion, i didnt like the changed version in Pure at all.
heck, bring the whole of the three tracks.

temtesh bay: this track i never liked, it should be birched in the woods somewhere

katmoda 2: I: the long curve you go through when you avoid the flip-pad
III: the insane-long drop :D

Lion
8th September 2007, 12:45 PM
Vohl Sq. has already been remade, but if it's in pulse I'd like it to use the magstrips to make it closer to the original design

Dr. Angryman
8th September 2007, 02:22 PM
I think he's talking about the first Vohl Square circuit, which was my favorite. Fast and short, the traditional WipEout circuit, to me at least.... :)

Brother Laz
17th October 2007, 02:28 PM
Redesigning old tracks for new game engines should not be done because the original track is good, but because it contains good concepts. The resulting track may not resemble the old track much, but if you want to reuse good bits, it is better to use the whole track instead of weakly attempting to copy them in a new track.

Take Hi-Fumii. This is a blatant Gare d'Europa ripoff, except Gare d'Europa is good. What probably happened here was that someone said 'hey, GDE was the best 2097 track, we need another one like it' and someone else took his advice literally.

Vostok Island is a jumble of WO1 track ideas - the first five seconds are pretty much lifted straight from Firestar, followed by an Altima banked corner, then some Arridos bumps in a cave, and the rest of the track is a tunnel because they presumably ran out of time to add scenery.

There are some eerie parallels between the track layout of Terramax and Phenitia Park from a bird's eye view as well. Terramax is good, but the only memorable thing about Phenitia Park is the environment.

Lance
17th October 2007, 07:44 PM
I like the piloting aspect of Phenitia Park; and to me it doesn't feel like Terramax. The scenery of Phenitia was never a big attraction for me.

Mad-Ice
26th November 2007, 10:42 AM
Last week I was playing a little Pure! Between the hassle of decorating my new house. I was playing Burgertown from the Omega league. I fell in love again with this beautifull and floaty track. This track got so much rhythem. I know many people hate the Omega league, mostly because of the surreal Wipeout enviroments. I would like to see Burgertown in HD with a real city as enviroment. This track just Purely ROCKS!!!!!!

lunar
26th November 2007, 07:29 PM
+1. Burgertown is possibly the best track design in the game. So narrow, floaty and fast. That "rhythm" is impossible to define, but Burgertown has it.

Mad-Ice
27th November 2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah Lunar,

I was waiting for you to back me up, thanks!! Now I hope more people will do this and or will be inspired to give Burgertown another try.

I will try to discribe the 'rhythm'

Sssswoosh......tsjiky.Ssswing..Zzzoef......tsjiky. Ssswing..Zzzoef......tsjiky.Ssswing..Zzzoef....... tsjiky.Ssswing..Zzzoef..............tsjiky.Swing.. tsjiky.Swing.tsjiky.Swing.tsjiky.SssswoeSwing..Zzz oef..........Ssswing....tsjiky.Ssswing....tsjiky.S sswing..Zzzoef....Ssswing..Zzzoef....tsjiky.Ssswin g..Zzzoef

Sssswoosh is Turbostart
tsjiky is Sideshift
Ssswing is Boostpad
Zzzoef is speed from the BP
SssswoeSwing is Barrelroll

This was the best I could come up with. Okay I agree it is impossible to describe the rhythm, but it is there and I love it.

Medusa
27th November 2007, 04:00 PM
(takes down notes) :) Just really getting into the Omega pack here, and yes, Burgertown has a great feel to the track. Now I'm going to see if I can remember that...ssswooosh, tjisky. Ssswing....nope I lost it!

borell
27th November 2007, 07:13 PM
Mad-Ice, I wish I could make a ship sing that song! :g

P52Smith
23rd March 2008, 03:28 PM
I would love to see Anulpha Pass make it into a classic remake, with the skillcut mag-striped.

Also, redo Mandrashee from Pure to match Fusion's more accurately.

Gare d'Europa is another good idea.

Redo Uber-Mall from Pure so that the narrow bridge is mag-striped and the final asscension is straight along then up L (mag-strip(obviously))(approximate diagram only), not as gentle as it is in Pure currently.

Lion
23rd March 2008, 09:59 PM
well anulpha pass and ubermall are both in HD, but I don't think either uses magstrips. and I'm happy about that...
it wouldn't be necessary on anulpha pass anyway, as it would make no change the the behaviour of that section.

on ubermall, the steep climb might work, though I liked using turbo up that gentle climb and barrel rolling over the start/finish, it's one of a handful of the BRs that I really enjoy.
locking us down on the narrow bridge would change the whole character of that section. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I would love to see a fusion track remade with magstrips in the relevant areas.

blixabargeld
24th March 2008, 06:55 PM
nice thread, i would like to see these tracks:

Gare d'Europa
Valparaiso
Odessa keys
Sampa Run
Altima VII

Also vohl square was a nice track also reissued in pure

-------------------

my last post it's like one written by an ape..:?

QuasarKoeben
25th March 2008, 12:28 AM
Tracks I would see making a return:

Silverstream- the environment would be visually stunning in HD

Porto Kora- But not in some VR world :evil

P-mar Project- I like the big jump

Sol2- :robot

Sebenco Peak- yeah, the download in Pure, i really liked the track

And the rest I'd like to see as new tracks

P52Smith
29th March 2008, 07:24 PM
From what I have heard I would agree with these choices.

Hillo
30th March 2008, 05:05 PM
Everything from WO3SE :D
And...
Florion height course 3
Valparaiso

Mad-Ice
31st March 2008, 09:52 AM
I found a new love in the Gemini Dam tracks in the packs of PULSE. They are instand classics for me. The tracks are fast, tricky, challenging and they got a really nice rhythem. Swwooosh, tsjiky, tsjiky, Sswinggg!;)

Medusa
31st March 2008, 02:25 PM
(I think Mad-Ice should make a wipeout-track rhythm album and upload the sounds somewhere. I really like the rhythm sounds for Burgertown.:) )

I wouldn't call Platinum Rush a classic track, so I don't know if it really qualifies for this thread exactly - but I'd love to see Platinum Rush black redone in future. It's glorious and feels like the old-school wipeout. Naturally it would feel a lot better if the ships were floatier...

Lion
2nd April 2008, 02:41 AM
interesting that you prefer black... from discussions on IRC, a large portion of us prefer platrush white :)

mac001
21st April 2008, 03:11 PM
Phenitia Park, without a doubt and Sagarmatha.
Terminal is also wicked ( Yes I am a wo3se addict... ), as well as Valparaiso and Manor Top.

And I agree that there should be no changes in the course itself, only upgrading the grahics,
leaving the racing / flying caracteristics original.

Great idea :rock

Mac001

Sausehuhn
21st April 2008, 03:24 PM
Manor Top is a disaster with the new handling. It was really, really not enjoyable in Pure. Especially not with that respawn.

No, thanks, Manor Top only works with old-school handling!

Mad-Ice
21st April 2008, 04:00 PM
Max, I really don't agree with you. Manor Top in Pure is really a classic track that works very well. You can cut the corners big time without respawning. Try to take the almost 90 degrees turns in a straight line.

Max, please give this track another chance. Just take: free run and practise for half an hour and tell me more what you think!?

Greetz Mad-Ice, Manor Top lover and now also Gemini Dam!!

Mark Of Insanity
8th July 2008, 01:53 PM
From Wipeout 1:
Altima VII
Karbonis V (The sexiest track I've seen in Wipeout so far)
Korodera
Silverstream

Actually, I love all of the original Wipeout tracks - they all seem like classics to me.

From Wipeout 2097/XL:
Sagarmartha
Gare d'Europa
Odessa Keys (thinking about it, shouldn't the name be Odessa Quays?)
Spilspinanke!! Along with Sagarmartha its a favourite track of mine
Possible Valparaiso

From Wipeout 64:
Klies Bridge (IMO Better than its Talon's Reach equivalent)
Maybe Machaon II (similar to Gare d'Europa)

I definitely think that there should be a nod to Wipeout 64 somewhere...

From Wipeout 3/SE:
Porto Kora
Mega Mall (Absolutely classic IMO)
Manor Top
Terminal (keep it smooth and sexy)
One of the prototypes... the first red one I think

From Wipeout Pure:
Vineta K
Chenghou Project
Maybe Blue Ridge...
Sol 2 (Definitely a stand-out track - woosh at Phantom!)
Anulpha Pass

I've never played and don't own WO Fusion or Pulse, but I'm sure you guys have great taste. :D

These are just my personal choices... even though a few of them aren't my personal favourites (Vineta K and Odessa Keys), there are a bloody lot of tracks that I would consider good enough to appear again.

Why does no one mention Korodera from WO1? Definitely the most difficult track from that game. People also neglect WO64... but probably with good reason lol. But I would argue that Talon's Reach isn't quite as good as Klies Bridge, merely for two reasons - the replacement of a curved track for a straight, and the different environment. Then again, those are pretty much the only differences anyway. I don't know if the speed pads are in the same places though.

Medusa
8th July 2008, 02:03 PM
For myself, I don't mention Korodera because it just doesn't seem to flow well to me. I love the last half of the track, with those lovely triple speedpads - but about the first half of the track seems really angular and choppy in feel. Angles, angles, angles! It seems like the ship's just bouncing from a vertical angle to a horizontal one, and so on.
But honestly, I'd be thrilled if they re-did any of the original WipEout tracks (in a masterful way, of course).

swift killer
11th July 2008, 12:42 PM
Spilskinanke and Vostok Island must be done again, if not, then have new trackd that are simular.

Also, some of you may think that WipEout Fusion was a complete disaster, but, some of the tracks in the game, if given a revamp/facelift would be absolutely stunning.

* why is my rep bar still red :S am i still offending people? :S

omega329
11th July 2008, 05:06 PM
Most of the fusion ones really, they looked great, shame about the game's physics...

/swift
Apparently, you're rating is a number, it takes positive reputaion to put it back up again, however, not that many people use the rating system. That, and the fact that you have the "lowest" reputation on the forum might have somthing to do with it.;)

RJ O'Connell
11th July 2008, 08:31 PM
SL needs to seriously take design cues from Fusion when making tracks in the next installment. No, really.