PDA

View Full Version : finally online with kai - my first impressions

Tomahawk
23rd October 2006, 08:12 PM
I finally did it! I got kai running and my psp online, hooorraayyyy!:D After trying desperately, but with no success, to get my psp recognized using my Netgeard WG311 v3 PCI card I finally gave up and bought a wifi max. And wouldn't you know - kai worked nearly instantly (thanks again asa on your help with the last few pieces of the puzzle). So I was up for my first multiplayer sessions ever with pure. Since I do not know any other person here in Nuernberg who owns a psp and pure I never had a chance to do multiplayer races before. That's why I was even more excited to jump online and test my skills. I even got the chance to play against one of the mighty wipeout masters;) - asayyeah - on my first race. So here are my first impressions:

It's awsome! It's thrilling! It's just great great fun! I was so shivering during my first few races, I think I missed nearly every turbo pad on the track.:paperbag Kai really brings pure to the next level for me. My first few days on kai were really exciting because I never knew how good my opponent would be when I played him/her for the first time. It's also very interesting to watch the different techniques of the players, like where to best place the bombs or where their racing lines are. Backquakes and well aimed plasmas blew my ship to pieces more than once on kai while the AI seldom even uses such weapons. One thing I learned during my first session: Watch your back pilots! There's much more shells in the air than usual!

So my recommendation to anybody who's not playing pure on kai, yet, definately is:

What're you waiting for? Get online! NOW!;)

Sausehuhn
23rd October 2006, 08:25 PM
...Since I do not know any other person here in Nuernberg who owns a psp and pure I never had a chance to do multiplayer races before...
Dunno if he already has a PSP (I think not) but at least he's from Nürnberg - click! (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/member.php?u=1762)

What're you waiting for? Get online! NOW!;)
If you wanna race, I would be there for a few races now :)

q_dmc12
30th October 2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, count me in - I need a boost in moral:pirate ;)