PDA

View Full Version : Region Compatability (psp umd's)

KANDANG
18th October 2006, 03:11 AM
just need a lil clarification here regarding games other than wipeout pure

- umd movies are region locked but games are not region locked
- this means we can use region 1/2/3/etc games on a psp made in u.s / europe / aus / asia and that it'll be fine to do so
- in terms of connection, the ntsc (u.s) version won't connect with the pal (europe / aus ) version

does this also happen with other games? like region 1's won't work with region 2's or just for wipeoutpure

:banzai

Lion
18th October 2006, 12:13 PM
- umd movies are region locked but games are not region lockedthis has been true so far, there are no exceptions that I am aware of.

- this means we can use region 1/2/3/etc games on a psp made in u.s / europe / aus / asia and that it'll be fine to do socorrect.

- in terms of connection, the ntsc (u.s) version won't connect with the pal (europe / aus ) version this only applies if there are differences in the net code. most games are identical worldwide. in pure it was something to do with the region locked downloadable content that made this the case.
I have played Burnout Legends (AU) against Burnout Legends (US) fine though.

does this also happen with other games? like region 1's won't work with region 2's or just for wipeoutpurethe only game I am aware of so far that has this issue is wipeout pure, correct.

KANDANG
18th October 2006, 01:09 PM
cool ! thx for the clarification

:)
gonna get killzone : liberation when it's released
hopefully it works v.s the guys back in my home country with their (u.s) versions of the game.

Sausehuhn
18th October 2006, 04:24 PM
Some UMD movies do work on all PSPs, no matter which region.
If I'm not wrong these are movies offically produced by Sony.

q_dmc12
22nd October 2006, 08:27 PM
Coded as ALL and/or with a picture of the world (globe)^