PDA

View Full Version : I'll be back in 9 months/ranting

Shem
7th October 2006, 11:07 AM
...and all because of obligatory military service. Poland is the only country in EU, which still has this idiotic rule of forcing young men to serve in military for 9 months. Military is overflowed with people who actually want to go to military, but they still tend to take people off the schools and make them perform all these moronic military duties.

Oh the joy of being appreciated by my own country. 3 years of college, all exams passed, but no bachelor's degree because of the right margin in my paper (it just wasn't straight, and my paper got rejected, I doubt if the paper was actually read because of that), and i'm off to being humiliated by some jackasses with two brain cells in their heads.

Absurds, of my country.
With the current political forces it's just getting ridiculous with every single day. Jean Paul II's book made it to high schools as an obligatory book. What about other religions? Those who don't belive in God, or belive in something else? Ahhh, 'who gives a damn about them....' - that's what the authorities say. Who gives a **** about the russian flag being hung upside down when prime minister of Russia came over to meet with my, no...sorry, i didn't choose him, so some other people's president.

I live in a country where we got rid of the communism 16 years ago. But all the authorities do is looking for communists all over the country. Keeping people scared, that 'the enemy is right next to you', not even telling you WHERE they are. They're not there, cause there's no evidence for that. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever. 'How come?' you ask? Well maybe because from all of the groups accused by our authorities, they just didn't show any legitimate evidence, AT ALL. This has happened so many times before, and we, as a nation - learned that these are just words to make you scared. And of course, if you're scared, you're gonna run to the first, who is going to defend you from the forces of evil. The only man who claims to be the one who can fight it off is the president, prime minister, and his party. Wait, didn't we have that 16 years ago? Oh yes...

Everyone who is against the president and his party (run by his twin brother, now how odd is that?) is against the country and falls into the category of 'spies', 'post communists', 'evil'. Talking about dividing the country in two... 70% of my nation dissaproves the current government. But the president still has the guts to say that those who are against him are against 'the good'. Pure absurd.

And now - military service. What the hell is that needed for? Ah, yes I know. So we have more troops, so we can send them to Afganistan FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. G.Bush visited my country a month ago. And then, all of the sudden, our troops are supposed to go ito visit the centre of hell. What's most interesting, is that the decision to send our troops was not consulted with anyone. It's still under investigation, but troops are on their way just as I write this.
I'd send all these ****ers to these little land-mined villages, give them a gun, and tell them to fight for their lives. For no reason. Cause that's what they're doing to our troops.

I hate my country now. Honestly. Too many idiots are ruling this place, and a normal person cannot do much about it. And you're still wondering why is there so many Poles in your countries? Go figure.

infoxicated
7th October 2006, 11:16 AM
Sorry to see you have to leave us, Shem - I hope the time passes quickly for you.

stin
7th October 2006, 11:21 AM
shem quoted, I hate my country now. Honestly. Too many idiots are ruling this place, and a normal person cannot do much about it. And you're still wondering why is there so many Poles in your countries? Go figure.

Funnily enough, my parents` friends (his wife is polish but her parents are still lives there and alive! and they are hitting 90yrs old!!!) did say about that years ago! In their days were so bad so her parents told her to get out of here, if any happens in our country!, and that`s the best thing she ever had. Now she leads a great life here and she rarely goes to Poland to visit her family!.

stevie

lunar
7th October 2006, 11:40 AM
Take care, Shem, hope it passes as quickly and as well as you could hope. The UK is a very different country, we`ve had an easy recent history comparitively, but I really understand your arguments and your anger. But I`ll stop there, enough to say that if I had to do "military service" for my country and our probably criminal political leaders..... well the thought of it makes me boil, just like you.

Keep your head up, hope it goes as well as it can.

Hellfire_WZ
7th October 2006, 12:50 PM
Bloody hell, really sorry to hear that. Hope the time passes as quickly as possible mate, all the best in the meantime.

il_NIK
7th October 2006, 01:26 PM
Take with you our smile and our friendship.
The time will pass in a hurry.
Not to hate, loves.
We'll wait for you :nod

stin
7th October 2006, 02:12 PM
When are you going to start?

stevie

Shem
7th October 2006, 03:04 PM
thanks everyone, it's very kind of you all. surely that makes me feel better :) all in all, it's not like i'm gonna die there, right? RIGHT? (uhmm....right..).

I'm going to see military commision on 12th of October. Then i'll be assigned to some military base, and serve my duties for 9 months. There are two military commisions that you have to attend to. The first one is when you finish high school, the second when you finish college. Basically you gotta show your testicles to some doctors, say if you can hear whispers (in your head or in real life :) ), show some record if you went through some illnesess, then they give you the category. I'm an A class soldier according to the commision, so I'll be one of the first who'll be chosen to serve in the military.

You can pick your type of military training if you want to, so in the first commision i chose to be a parachuter/commando type of thing. I mean, why not? If you're going to be trained at something, why not have some excitement out of it?

But then again, I'll choose to be a driver next time. I don't have a driver's license, so it'd be cool if I got me one, for free.

Asayyeah
7th October 2006, 04:57 PM
what you wrote is the crue reality of life : politics in many countries doesn't think to the benefit of their own citizens , preferring maintening them into a deep anguish. Sad days but keep in mind what happended 16 years ago may be restarted again and a new real changment appears into your country.

Anyway take care of you matey , try to get the better ( if posssible) from that experience . you ll have all the support from your WZ family :nod .

Rapier Racer
7th October 2006, 06:14 PM
Sorry to hear that man that sucks :brickwallguess all you can do is try to make the most of a situation like this

Sausehuhn
7th October 2006, 06:41 PM
God damn.
Shame man.
As said, make the best out of it, see the positive things.

Hope you don't forget us in that time as we won't :nod

Zerow
7th October 2006, 08:36 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, Shem. Hopefully these nine months will pass by as soon as possible.

Mad-Ice
7th October 2006, 08:54 PM
Wish you all the best of luck, keep your head up and take advantage of the situation.:D

Dominator
8th October 2006, 12:34 AM
Take care Shem, we will all be thinking of you and look forward to your return. :nod :)

Wolfen
8th October 2006, 04:14 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news, Shem.

But make the most of it, and remember, the ladies always love a man in uniform. :beer It's true!

Lance
9th October 2006, 03:01 AM
Shem, I'm hoping you get through this period totally undamaged physically and emotionally. Good luck to you. And be yourself as much as you can be under the circumstances.

Lance

Leftism
9th October 2006, 06:27 PM
I'd be pretty pissed off to be honest, couldn't be a worst time to get forced into the military. Sorry to hear about that, 9 months should fly by though you'll be out in no time.

Chill
9th October 2006, 07:13 PM
If I were you, I'd just get motivation from it... in the future, you'll look back thinking more happy and assure of yourself if you hadn't gone in... I look at a life as a ride, even if you die, or I die, I'm going to ****ing die in some real serious ass-**** drama!!!! Because, you, me, we are the ****!!! ;)

Shem
9th October 2006, 08:46 PM
word! hehe

andy
9th October 2006, 10:59 PM
Sorry to here it :frown: but Good luck.
I'm sure make some new friends, enjoy yourself and learn from it.
And after all, it's only 9 months, it'll fly by. Heck, they could even be the best 9 months you've ever had, cos after all, variety's the spice of life.

Anyway, good luck and be strong. You'll go in a boy and come out a man.

Don't forget us :).

eLhabib
10th October 2006, 12:36 PM
I feel you, Shem. Had to do the same thing here in Austria, only 8 months, but still crap. But don't you worry, not all is bad. Given, the first 2 months are hell, but from then on, you'll be fine. Just hope you find some nice people in you battalion, like I did. Oh and if you have the chance to be a driver, do it! It's the best you can get at the military, and you get more sleep than the others! ;)
Take care of yourself, mate!

Shem
14th October 2006, 12:13 PM
thanks again everyone :)

I just felt that I should share some info with you people, since you are supporting me heavily, for what i'm greatly thankful. On the other hand I'll try and make no big deal out of it, because it's not my blog space or anything like this, so just to keep you updated folks, cause you deserve it.

I got a mail from my paper reviewer, and he accepted it. That means I'll be defending the paper, no sooner than 25th of October. I got some papers from my college which are a proof for the military commision (that i'm technically still a student) and they said that they're going to call me in for military in one month if I don't manage to get the diploma. If i do get the diploma, i'll be done with military for the rest of my life. The situation is getting better with every day, but that cost me a lot of stressful days and a bunch of stress pills as well. But it's getting better, so thanks again for your support guys, that really helps when you're quite close to a mental breakdown cause of all the absurds which just seem to happen randomly in everyone's lives.

Sausehuhn
14th October 2006, 12:44 PM
Today a letter arrived in my mail box saying "with the age of 18 you have to attend military service for 9 months, it is also possible to make it one year earlier".

But I'm still in school, so I'll have to make it after that then (with 19 or what ever).

But we've also the possibility to make 12 months civilian service.
I think I'll do that. Don't know that yet.

Shem
8th November 2006, 05:51 PM
alright people, 20 minutes ago i just got back from my college.....

I DEFENDED MY THESIS, AND I'VE GOT A BACHELOR'S DEGREE!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

that means i'm done with miliatry, i can focus on my DJ/producer skills, I'm so ****ing happy that they're gonna have to surgically remove the smile off my face!

hhahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Thanks for your support guys! I mean ALL and EVERY ONE OF YOU!!! I still can't belive that people met on the internet can be so full of compassion and be so supportive towards everyone! WZ is a great place to be I MEAN IT! I so happy right now, it's starting to be annoying, so people - once again, thanks for your care, thanks that I could share my thoughts with you, and thanks for just being there for me as you are for everyone else around. You R awesome!!

Now i'm gonnna go and drink my ass off cause it's CELEBRATION TIME!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

'Freak Out!!!'

infoxicated
8th November 2006, 06:12 PM
Absolutely Awesome!! :D

I'm really happy for you Shem - great work on getting your degree, too! :+

I'll have a beer for you this evening to celebrate. :) :beer

lunar
8th November 2006, 06:30 PM
+1 from me, Shem.

Nothing beats being a free man with a big smile on your face. Have fun. :beer

Lance
8th November 2006, 06:35 PM
Congratulations, Shem! I know how you feel; I just barely escaped getting sent to Viet Nam back in the sixties. Got out of it about one hour before the bus was to take me and the rest of the draftees in my group to basic training. Too close.

Enjoy your freedom! :) :) :)

Rapier Racer
8th November 2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah! awsome man, great news :nod :clap

stin
8th November 2006, 07:06 PM
That is fantastic news!

:beers cheers mate ;)

stevie:)

Sausehuhn
8th November 2006, 07:48 PM
Congrats Shem!!
That are good news indeed!!

yeah, drink your ass off now - that's what to do!! ;)

Looking forward to new stuff then when you force on DJing :)

Shem
8th November 2006, 07:53 PM
thanks all of you! as to DJing - just found out that i'm gonna DJ tonight at

www.reactor.one.pl

I can't tell which hour, but to me.....it's like a birthday present:) Be sure to drop in from time to time to see if there's some cool music playing there. If there's something different from trance, house or progressive, that's probably me playing:)

andy
8th November 2006, 10:05 PM
cool, i dont understand polish (or what ever it is) but nice work man :+ DJing beats drilling anyday. Congratulations on the degree and even more so on dodging the military. :clap drinks are on me! :beer

Zerow
8th November 2006, 10:30 PM
Congrats on your degree and escaping the military Shem! Talk about an extremely happy day! :clap

Hellfire_WZ
9th November 2006, 12:54 AM
Fantastic stuff mate, really happy for you. Welcome to the graduates club! :D

Riccardo Raccis
9th November 2006, 02:06 PM
I know exactly how you felt about getting drafted, Shem. I was one of the last ones here in Italy to be sent to military service (right before they abolished it), and I also was enlisted because of a bureucratic mishap. After two weeks in the local training camp I was so disgusted by the whole thing that I declared myself an Objector and walked away. Had to get denounced by the military for doing that (that's how it worked). Denounce file was deleted after I was accepted into Civilian Service. Still, I had to do my 9 months Civilian Service though. :brickwall

Oh and congrats for getting graduated! We can call you Doctor now I reckon, aye?

Mad-Ice
9th November 2006, 09:55 PM
Houdy Shem

I am very happy to hear such good news!!! Congratulations, enjoy your free time. No free license after all, just kidding. It's worth it!!! I just started myself with driving lessons, very funny and nice to drive a car instead of Triakis all the time. Great greetings Mad-Ice