PDA

View Full Version : A New Hope and Schmope.*Possible Spoilers*

Piranha Advancements
17th May 2002, 09:29 AM
Anybody didn't like Attack of the Clones as much as I did? I hate that fat bastard Ebert but he was pretty much spot on on his review.The CGI-ed everything is mind-numbingly vapid.

The Jedi fight scenes which is pretty much a highlight as Lucas said is nothing spectacular...okay maybe allright.The Jedis against the Droids is kinda cool.But Yoda's fight scene..I admit..stole the show.CGI muppet was everywhere against Count Dooku..Ani and his dark brooding looks belies a much sinister side accurately potrayed by Hayden.Padme is hot,whatcha expect.Sappy love lines though.McGregor and Samuel Jackson gave great performances too.And hey,we get to see kiddy Boba! I wonder if Zam and Jango's popularity will rise as did Aurra Sing and Boba Fett.

Oh,if you've read the book..surely you know the deal about the clones..heheh.

Lance
17th May 2002, 03:08 PM
i heard that the many-times-accursed JarJar Binx makes a reappearance. GRRRRRR.

the highlight for me would be Obi-Wan Kenobi, but i'm not going to see it, anyway

Hydra XL
17th May 2002, 05:51 PM
altho' it doesn't look very genuine, the action would not be at the level it was if not for the CG. but every scene here blows episode 1 out of the water. But i thought they ripped a little bit too much off of Blade Runner in Courascent (and I even kinda feel some wip3out influence!), and Obi Wan's consultant on the toxin was too over-the-top, plus Jango's role was a bit lacking, especially since his identity is revealed very shortly into the movie. But overall it was definitely amazing. :o it perhaps could have been better but looking back at ep. 1, it could have been so much worse. and who can resist that surge of excitement when yoda rocks the house. :P

JABBERJAW
18th May 2002, 08:42 PM
I thought it was quite good, liked it better than lord of the rings and believe it is on par with jedi. the ewoks compares with the lacking love sceens, but the rest was excellent.

rhys
18th May 2002, 08:48 PM
i went 2 see it 2day, i think its a very good film! it is far better than episode 1. the fight scenes are amazing and yoda really is the best!!! :)

Wamdue
20th May 2002, 10:25 PM
i saw it the second time tonight hehe

Spaceboy Gajo
25th May 2002, 03:54 AM
I haven't been in this forum for almost a whole week. I was just reading this post just before I went to watch the movie for the first time in digital. So I left and I forgot to come back :-? Besides I didn't want to read the spoilers, although I was spoiled before.

All I'll say is that I loved it and that it's truly an amazing experience in digital.

(and I even kinda feel some wip3out influence!)

Well they were playing Pod Racer during the movie. I think it was Revenge.

zargz
25th May 2002, 04:49 PM
was fkn brilliant! the female bounyhunters 'veicle' could've
defenetly been in wipEout! 8)

Wamdue
27th May 2002, 06:20 AM
yeah it looked a lot like an upgraded XIOS (not the 100% upgrade)

Armoredgear7
29th May 2002, 08:31 PM
Speeders, WipEout AG craft... lots of similarities there, except those couriscant ones dont seem to have any kind of altitude limit like the WipEout craft.

I agree with the fact that Episode II completely blows away Episode I, in pretty much every way, Its got everything a good movie should have (i think?). My friend made a comment awhile ago about the fact that it seems to be the definitive Star Wars movie, which answers pretty much all the questions from the other episodes (except how most of the characters got where they are in Episode 4)

Anyway, 'nuff said.

FoxZero
31st May 2002, 01:29 AM
i thought it was a good movie overall, the love story was crap and anakins acting at times was terrible, but some of the cgi was very intense and beautiful, and there is a lot of death and dark themes like most people thought there would be in this movie. also jar jar does reappear which is annoying but they do a good job of making him have a reason for being in the series now, and a good one, and it covers up the crap of putting him in the episode one, which is good writing. i think after really not enjoying episode i, episode ii is just what was necessary to redeem the tarnished star wars name.