PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced any crash/freeze errors after installing packs?

replicashooter
4th October 2006, 06:50 PM
I remember reading a few forum posts about how the game would crash at saving or coming out of sleep mode after installing the packs - Anyone experienced this?

Just grabbed the EU files from yourpsp.co.uk (thanks Kandang) and was wondering before I install them.

andy
4th October 2006, 08:34 PM
Never ever heard of that or experienced that myself before. Mine is fine.

But if you are worried, you should take the time to back your files up - copy and paste everything from the PSP and put it on your PC.

Zerow
4th October 2006, 08:42 PM
I too have never even heard of this problem before. I downloaded most of the (EU) packs way back last year and have yet to encounter it.

rdmx
5th October 2006, 08:57 AM
Hrmm. Mine randomly crashes after coming out of sleep mode but seldomly. It's because (presumably) the disc hasn't started spinning and cannot load the later parts of the track quick enough and crashes.
Tip: Make sure the disc starts spinning first by putting the psp near your ear and hearing the whirring before continuing to play. Learnt this the hard way.:brickwall

Also, everytime i go to sleep mode but a downloaded song like 'Cairodrome' or 'Canada' was on, when i restart, the framerate will disappear and the music stops. It's unplayable like that.

replicashooter
5th October 2006, 01:18 PM
So the moral of the story is no sleep mod with downloaded content :mr-t

rdmx
5th October 2006, 01:34 PM
On the contrary - sleep mode works very well. Just be aware that it may happen but if it happens, you'll know what to do!:nod

Rapier Racer
5th October 2006, 06:50 PM
My PSP started to randomly freeze after I installed firmware 1.70, was all fine before that download packs did not cause my psp to freeze/crash

Zerow
5th October 2006, 08:23 PM
1.70?

I think you mean 2.70. ;)