PDA

View Full Version : What teams would you like to appear in the next WipEout?

andy
24th September 2006, 08:23 PM
After looking at the thread "Teams you don't want to see in a future wipEout", people started saying what teams they wanted to see, instead of what they didn't want to see.
There were some good suggestions but lance soon caught on that it was hijacking and I decided to make this.

The title is self explanatory. What teams would you like to see in the next wipEout?

Maybe new teams for different nations (some people even came up with the idea of a moon or martian team on that other thread). Please put down what you'd like to see. =]

:DBtw, this is my first thread on here:D

Riccardo Raccis
24th September 2006, 09:04 PM
Good work Andy. It was MEEEE who proposed offworld teams. We also wanted EG.R back as a Chinese team is currently missing, and we wanted an Indian team, and an Arab team. I also want Icaras to stay, but that's just me :D

infoxicated
25th September 2006, 05:21 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this thread, for now, so I've unlocked it. Try to keep this one on topic.

Airrider
25th September 2006, 08:12 PM
You're all gonna hate me for backing up Zone. I won't abandon them.

So who do I WANT to see?

FEISAR: It ain't a party without the agile dancing of FEISAR. You know it, I know it. End of story.

AG-Systems: Now that they have their own style with acceleration taking top priority, they're the equally agile foil to FEISAR. And it just doesn't seem right for these vets to sit out the next WipEout.

Auricom: If they're the ONLY completely plain vanilla, well-rounded team. That's what they've been, that's what they should be, that's THEIR job.

Qirex: Another veteran who should stay in. They oughta bring they're old-school speed and shield to the table. Feliks! You listening?

Goteki45: They've re-established themselves as the only real lightweights with strong sheilding. That niche is filled ONLY by Goteki. That's why we oughta keep them.

Piranha: Of course. The super-fast top speed team, balanced everywhere else.. Who doesn't want them? Let's keep them. Without them...well, there'd be a lot less badassitude in the Leagues.

Triakis: They're kinda a toss-up. The extreme shield team...I guess the future looks bright. Because Qirex places equal emphasis on speed, right? They've still got a niche to fill.

Assegai: Better that they return as the extreme handling team.

Icaras: The drag racers. Not only do they have extreme top speed, but good acceleration, too. Yes, because everyone's gotta wonder what high top speed and pickup feel like.

Xios: If they could just look a little less ridiculous...

EG-R: Since Piranha moved to Brazil...

Zone: the closest thing to an AG formula one racer. Yes. If they can just eek out a bit of personality, yes.

New teams? The Lunar or Martian team sounds fun. Maybe Zone could be one of them...

EDIT: Added a few teams.

Zerow
25th September 2006, 09:55 PM
My list:

Feisar - A WipEout game without Feisar is like a sandwich without a filling. There's no point in disputing it.

Auricom - Another team that's unarguably compulsary.

AG Systems - Well, what with their spectacular comeback in Pure, it would be just wrong if AG Systems dropped out again.

Qirex - Another team that made a triumphant return in Pure, and which really ought to stay for good. But I would rather that it went back to the ultra fast, floating purple tub of lard that we all know and love. :)

Piranha - I've always loved the Piranha, and they're such a capable team that it's unthinkable that they'll ever flop.

Goteki 45 - They well and truely re-established themselves in Pure, so I'm all in favour of them staying.

Assegai - But as long as it goes back to it's even-better-handling-than-Feisar roots.

Icaras - Piloting this beast has always been a joy, so I'd like to see more of them please!

Van Uber - Their FX300 entry is just fabulous, so I strongly support the continuation of their career.

G-Tech - I'm a firm believer of second chances. Goteki 45, Assegai, Icaras, Tigron, and Van Uber all got one, so why not G-Tech as well?

E.G.r - As mentioned in another thread, there really ought to be a Chinese team again, and I loved the E.G.r in Fusion anyway so bring 'em back I say!

Tigron - I know they can't come back anyway due to the storyline, but their FX300 entry is an absolute beauty, so I'd really like to see more of them (even though I can't :frown:).

Xios - This was another of my favourite new teams from Fusion, so I'd be very disapointed if they were never given another chance.

Dominator
26th September 2006, 05:00 AM
Keeping it short and sweet ;)
Would like to see all teams from the first three installments of wipEout!!
I would add to that list: Triakis, E.G.r and possibly Xios with a better look of course.

Rapier Racer
26th September 2006, 11:51 AM
In my opinion all teams form the Wip3out era are mandatory and simply MUST be included.

Feisar, Auricom, Qirex and AG-S are the original and iconic teams that under no circumstances should ever be removed from the game. Take away any of the other 4 teams Piranha, Assegai, Icaras, Goteki 45 and your just going to piss people off, they earned their places in all future Wipeouts. If the developers want new teams then create new additions as in Pure and don’t be removing the old teams :mad:

I don’t fly Triakis but I quite like the name and ship design so I would like to see it return, also Van Uber since they are my ‘second team’ I would be sad to see them go.

There are a couple of posts that state they would like Assegai to return to it ultra handling role I just have to say that if that was the plan I do hope they sacrifice shield strength and not speed so we can still put up a good fight with the other teams

Distrupto
26th September 2006, 07:40 PM
AG Sys, FEISAR, Van Uber, Goteki45, Harimau, Qirex, Auricom, Piranha, Assegai, Triakis, Icaras, E.G.r, Zone, and a new team or two. Thats about it, along with maybe a few antiques and classic ships to unlock for a "Classic League". How come nobody except me has included Harimau? They, like Triakis are newcomers to AG racing, but less dramatic. I haven't raced Harimau for a while, but I like their ship design anyway. Zone could have the role it has, but it could have a bit more personality as a team made by the founders of the league or something, or the benchmark on which the next AG ship design standard is being tested on, or something of the sort, or maybe even a challenge racer type thing which you unlock by beating it in a one-on-one race in which the speed is like Zone mode(constantly rising, no brakes). But then, the AI needs to improve for that.

andy
26th September 2006, 08:02 PM
they never really made much of an impact, did they. im sure its safe to say that they werent the most exciting or dramattic addition to the wipEout series

Distrupto
26th September 2006, 08:10 PM
Harimau is a highly unnoticed team, from Malaysia. Not many people fly them, not many people mention them often, not many people use them in their avatar, yet they're still a team, and a valid one, though they are not classic or have anything to do with the past WO world(Triakis is rumored to have bombed Goteki45's home islands). Harimau is still better than Medevil, Klor, Cardracer, Turboweevil, Haironaut and all those other one-off appearancces which aren't even real teams.

andy
26th September 2006, 08:56 PM
Very true. I didn't say they were bad. Theyre great compared to them.

However I did like the first puma craft, I know it wont come back but they could make it again but call it a different name. Either that or just return assegai back to fast and manouverable(spelling?).

!!!!!!!!!!WE'VE ALL OVERLOOKED THE ITALIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
They'd be IMMENSE! Flying Ferrari's!
How could I forget???
All in red and seriously fast.

btw, if you have any ideas, you could post pictures of them, that'd be great.

Zerow
26th September 2006, 09:49 PM
Oh aye, I forgot to mention in my first post that I'd like to see more of both Triakis and Harimau as well.

Riccardo Raccis
27th September 2006, 02:06 PM
!!!!!!!!!!WE'VE ALL OVERLOOKED THE ITALIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
They'd be IMMENSE! Flying Ferrari's!
How could I forget???
All in red and seriously fast.

Please no. Italians are the scourge of the world. Believe me as I'm one of them. Thank you for the thought, but aaaaaarrrrghh.

Sausehuhn
27th September 2006, 02:14 PM
...and they make outstanding soccer teams lose matches and play boring finales where outstanding teams play and celebrate their match for the 3rd like a real finale.

:D

Riccardo Raccis
27th September 2006, 02:23 PM
What's soccer?

Nevermind people, that was just my personal duel with my own nation. Back on topic: I think Italians are present already in Wipeout, that with being part of Europe and therefore adding to Feisar. BUT! Not mentioning English (Icaras) and Swedish (Xios) teams, as nowadays Sweden and England are not considered to be THAT much into the EU, there is still a German team, Van Uber racing all by itself... and Germany sits in our collective minds as one of EU's pillars. So I guess Italy can be viable too as a team. But please no ;)

andy
28th September 2006, 06:30 PM
Okay, point made, but I think that a country synonomous with fast cars and style would go well with ag racing.

btw, didn't know icarus was english =D

Riccardo Raccis
28th September 2006, 07:11 PM
Icaras is "English, but funded internationally" (or that's what I've read).

As for an Italian ship, I see its strong points in speed and maneuverability, with shield and thrust being fairly low. Fast and fairly easy to handle, but one should not relax, as the thing is like made of tin and once it has stopped it needs time to build up speed again.

Lance
28th September 2006, 08:33 PM
Icarus was Greek.

Riccardo Raccis
28th September 2006, 08:45 PM
Aye but is Icaras?

Lance
28th September 2006, 09:04 PM
Icaras was international. No true home country.

Airrider
28th September 2006, 10:10 PM
Burnston Burns heading it is the only reason it is associated with England.

Dominator
28th September 2006, 11:20 PM
But still originally concieved in England i believe!!:)

Airrider
29th September 2006, 01:57 AM
True, but we can only consider a team with a nation IF it receives the absolute bulk of its funding FROM a certain country! Icaras is internationally funded!

andy
29th September 2006, 07:36 PM
If there is going to be a British team (and there should be) they should in British Racing Green. Icarus was a wierd one - feminine pinks but proper fast.

Lance
29th September 2006, 08:23 PM
Much as I admire and agree with your traditionalism, I do wish you would spell Icaras properly. :D

andy
29th September 2006, 08:32 PM
Sorry, Icaras =D.

I'm not the only one to misspell though, remember that Wip3out was released with piranha spelt pirhana.

Lance
30th September 2006, 04:27 AM
What are you talking about? Those are two entirely separate teams. ;)
No connection between them at all. Nope. :D

Dominator
1st October 2006, 02:25 AM
but we can only consider a team with a nation IF it receives the absolute bulk of its funding FROM a certain country! Icaras is internationally funded!

:)
As is Feisar, by European countries anyway, so really what is the difference? Do we really care where the funding comes from? I know i don't!!

Isn't Auricom a joint American/Canadian owned team!! Two nations here!! Of those two countries who provides, if any, the absolute majority funding? Who cares!! Auricom has based itself in North America and why not!!:)

Icaras was originally concieved in England, it's roots are in England, probably still gets funds from England as well as other countries, so why shouldn't the team be able to call itself British, or at least base itself there??:)

infoxicated
1st October 2006, 10:09 PM
I know some F1 teams nominate themselves as a different nationality to where they're actually based.

Lance
2nd October 2006, 05:56 PM
I'm from Monaco, said the gingerbread man;
You can't tax me if you run as fast as you can.

Wolfen
3rd October 2006, 12:34 AM
:)
Isn't Auricom a joint American/Canadian owned team!! Two nations here!! Of those two countries who provides, if any, the absolute majority funding? Who cares!! Auricom has based itself in North America and why not!!:)

I didn't even know this and I've been playing since XL. But it actually makes better sense because it seems to me that Canadians would have more altruistic and progressive sensibilities, as Auricom is portrayed in the game. Don't know why, they just don't seem like your typical American "company."8)

Lance
3rd October 2006, 01:27 AM
Is 'Bombardier' a typical Canadian company?

rdmx
3rd October 2006, 01:39 PM
As Auricom say, "You're never alone with a clone." I wouldn't be too suprised that the canadians perfected cloning - look at Sweeden! Look at all the 'funtastic' things they have there!

Bombardier - Do canadians make learjets?

bakkufu
4th October 2006, 08:57 PM
apart from the great suggestions already here, a couple of the fan made teams would be a HUGE boost for us guys, perhaps even if only in that a "fan based team" is in the backstory for the new race season as a history item for a new team of some sort.

Lance
4th October 2006, 11:29 PM
bakkufu! Howdy! :) You're so infrequently here these days.

Captain Q
8th October 2006, 12:04 AM
Xios was from Finland, by the way. Someone else here said Sweden.

Okay, so what teams do I want back?

- First generation: FEISAR, AG-Sys, Auricom, Qirex - Unlike other games where classic characters or teams become stale, here they should definitely stay. All of them.
- Second generation: Piranha, Goteki45, Assegai, Icaras - Yep, all of them should stay. I do think Piranha should return to its speedy role and Icaras should ditch some of its pink though.
- Third generation: G-Tech, Van-Uber, Xios, Tigron, EGr - Like Icaras, Van-Uber has an awkward name and they should change it. I'd like to see EGr back but not the other two. I have a soft spot for Tigron.
- Fourth generation: Harimau, Triakis, Zone - Harimau and Triakis can stay, I think they are both worthy additions.

New teams:
- An Indian team (wouldn't Parvati be an awesome name?)
- A Korean team
- A Middle Eastern team
- A Martian or Lunar team

Dominator
8th October 2006, 03:05 AM
New teams:
- An Indian team (wouldn't Parvati be an awesome name?)
- A Korean team
- A Middle Eastern team
- A Martian or Lunar team

A Martian/Lunar team :blarg not very realistic, though just my opinion!! :)

Asayyeah
8th October 2006, 03:57 AM
whhhhat!! Mate Lunar has his own team ;) :D

Airrider
8th October 2006, 05:40 AM
A Martian/Lunar team :blarg not very realistic, though just my opinion!! :)
Meaning, humans who colonized Mars or the Moon...hey, there's a couple lunar tracks in Fusion...

Captain Q
8th October 2006, 02:51 PM
Not very realistic? The first wipEout had FireStar, which was a track on Mars, and that was set in the 2050s. So 150 years later, it's only logical to assume that there is an interest in ag-racing on extraterrestial colonies as well.

andy
8th October 2006, 03:27 PM
Anyway, what about an Irish team?

Sausehuhn
8th October 2006, 07:28 PM
As much as I liked Katmoda 12 the track was not very realistic. How should air brakes (or a flamer) work when there's no air/atmosphere?
Same goes for a track on the Mars; I know there actually is an atmosphere, but it's not the same we've here on the earth, so airbrakes would probably react a different way.

Zerow
8th October 2006, 07:58 PM
It would be more realistic if the tracks set on Mars or the Moon took place within glass cylinders like in the underwater parts of Mandrashee and Vineta K, methinks.

Anyway, an off-world team could also be realistic. Since Mars and the Moon have presumably been colonised (to prevent Earth from being over-run by people), the citizens of those places could well have had their own teams in development.

Lance
9th October 2006, 07:39 PM
If a race were done in a vacuum or a very low density atmosphere like that of Mars, then airbrakes would have to be replaced by active thrusters. The lack of air resistance would make acceleration from midspeed to highspeed very much quicker than on the Earth tracks, and the possible maximum speeds would be amazing.

Airrider
9th October 2006, 08:52 PM
Perhaps we can have side thrusters to act like airbrakes...I think I said before on either this thread or another thread on how off-Earth tracks would be the most grandiose and crazy challenges out there.

andy
9th October 2006, 10:42 PM
Why not have offworld teams and tracks? If NASA can do it now, imagine what could be done in a couple of hundred years. It isnt impossible.

Hopefully SL wont make an alien team because it would turn out like the medieval team - look completely out of place and cheapen the whole game.

Sausehuhn
9th October 2006, 11:04 PM
hah! we could use the Mars without any problems of having a different atmosphere :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Terraformedmars.jpg

the only question is, if the terraforming is already finsihed when the new season starts...

;)

Airrider
10th October 2006, 02:55 AM
It would make a funny running gag if the other teams tried to call the colonists out as aliens...
"SEE?! They can't make a speech when they're on the podium! THEY HAVE TO BE ALIENS!"
"Oh, will you just SHUT UP?!"

andy
19th October 2006, 08:26 PM
Now, I was a bit bored today so about an hour ago I decided to have a little go on Sketchup and here's what I made:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/andy_f33/wipeoutAntiGravBritainthunbnail.jpg (http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/andy_f33/wipeoutAntiGravBritain.jpg)

I've wanted to see a solely British team for some time. Now, I know that Icarus was set up by a brit but apparently with international funding an'all it aparrently isn't properly british.

Now, it's called AGB - stands for AntiGravBritain. It uses red,blue & white because British Racing Green looked a bit boring. Looks like a fiesar but goes like an assagei. Tell me what you think please & post what you would like to see. :)

Rapier Racer
19th October 2006, 10:26 PM
I can't see anything

Task
19th October 2006, 11:23 PM
(apologies in advance)

RR: OMG! You should see a doctor about that!

Lion
20th October 2006, 09:08 AM
yep, the apologies were needed ;)
but I can't see anything useful on that link either, I just get an msn login page

also for use online, you should probably use jpg, png, or gif; rather than bmp

andy
20th October 2006, 01:53 PM
sorry :( I'll have to remember my photobucket account. I got a new computer and lost all the passwords for mostly everything and sorry its in bitmap aswell. Look back now and my stuff should work.

username
20th October 2006, 03:17 PM
looking good!
hoping to see it soon :)

Rapier Racer
20th October 2006, 06:46 PM
nice ship :+

also lol @ Task :D

Captain Q
22nd October 2006, 04:33 PM
Anyway, what about an Irish team?

Ireland has 4,2 million inhabitants... that would be equally awkward to "that Finnish team", especially considering some future superpowers don't even have their own team yet.

Kansas
24th October 2006, 09:35 PM
It would be nice to see a team from a Latin American nation or union...

It was my intent to put something together for Nicaragua with my Team Cocibolca suggestion.

However, work owns my soul and I rarely have time to draw anything up.

But, when I get the chance, I'll get on re-designing a ship for that team... although that's just fan-fiction...

The Gracer
28th January 2007, 02:32 AM
Without them...well, there'd be a lot less badassitude in the Leagues.

Haha, badassitude. i like that. ;)

EDIT\\ just realised that that was a pointless comment so ill add to it

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3073&page=9

to compliment that post i made at the bottom of the page, id like to see all the teams ever in this game - a detailed wipeout history recap would be cool. Whether or not the hardware will be able to cope with that much data is another thing altogether - obviously not for this thread. :P

Riccardo Raccis
17th February 2007, 02:52 PM
Don't know if anyone thought of it but... an Israeli team. What about that? Israel strikes me as a nation that would definitely want to leave its mark on a brand-new sport like a-g races.

Flying_Finn
17th February 2007, 04:28 PM
Finnish team would actually be quite realistic, Finland is a racing country you know. We have top rally- and F1-drivers.

supersocks
17th February 2007, 08:24 PM
For Finn and all finnish AG-fans here: Xios International is going to make a glorious return in WipEout PS13!

Take a look at this early development screencap:
20kb image (http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/xios_mockup_320.jpg)

Oh goodie, more bleeding-edge ultra-aerodynamic its-like-a-potato beyond-your-imagination ship designs.

:p

Zerow
17th February 2007, 10:09 PM
w00t! Looks amazing!

I particuarly like those button thingies on the hull; looks like they grant the ship secret powers or something.

Anyways, nice to see that Xios are definitely making a come-back. ;)

rdmx
18th February 2007, 02:51 AM
So pilots can now SMS their enemies ;)

Rapier Racer
18th February 2007, 11:59 AM
Lol :D :+

Lance
18th February 2007, 01:06 PM
Truly fab! The most advanced weapons fire controls ever devised! :D

Airrider
18th February 2007, 11:03 PM
...<_<;;...

rdmx
20th February 2007, 07:28 AM
Tigron makes an unexpected comeback with their new controversial model!
Lack of propulsion you say? Pfft. It's not as if it's going anywhere ;)

supersocks
20th February 2007, 08:17 AM
Since this thread is in danger to go way off-topic... don't hire anyone to kill me:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3728

Lance
20th February 2007, 05:19 PM
It was too funny to kill you.

Love the new thread. Truly funny stuff for us Wipeouters. [Wipersout?]

Er.. uh... back to topic here now. :)

q_dmc12
23rd February 2007, 09:04 PM
...wipers :)

Lance
23rd February 2007, 11:51 PM
not enough syllables for my taste. :D

Brother Laz
2nd March 2007, 06:59 PM
This just in: 10 new teams for Wipeout Qure, the sequel of Wipeout Pure. :D No other site has this classified information yet. I know, because I just made it up. :D

TIER 1: BEGINNER
======

KI-TAI
Name: The Nuo-Ki-Tai Commune
Slogan: Ki-Tai loves you
Team colours: White, pastel red

"We are happy-- I mean, in a positive equilibrium to announce our official participation in next year's FX1200 League season.

Although the name 'Race Commission' bears an aura of negative energy and is numerologically equivalent to 666, we are nevertheless convinced that we will be able to show the world the spiritual and physical benefits of our teachings. Nuo-Ki-Tai is the largest Zen-pagan commune in this friendly world, housing over 12,000 brothers and sisters dancing together in perfect equality and free love, on a quest for spiritual balance.

The idea to expand our activities to include FX1200 race driving came from brother Aidan, who used to be an Overtel official in his previous life. But rest assured, he has suffered enough before his reincarnation and his heart now radiates pure light. A Native American thunderbird visited Aidan in a flower-induced dream and cleansed his soul as well as his heart, preparing him to face his destiny. The spirit of the thunderbird guided his hand, empowering him to design and build two race-spec anti-gravity craft in the span of less than two years.

Granted, we did finish our first qualification race in 11th and 12th place, but we are not in this for the money. Also, the track radiated bad energies that interrupted our concentration. Our suggestion to the owners is to dig up the track, rotate it by 55 degrees clockwise to align the main stretch with the ley nodes in the area, rebuild the ancient Druidic monument at the north hill and plant some poplar trees at the ramp to neutralise harmful cosmic rays.

Do not worry, brothers and sisters of the Anti-Gravity community. In name of Isis, Diana and Hestia, we come in peace"

Weapon: Chain Lightning
"The FX1200 equivalent of a group hug, the Chain Lightning weapon targets a nearby compet-- sorry, cooperator and casts a bolt of lightning at it, bouncing down the track from target to target"
______

VALKYRON
Name: Valkyron Grav-Boarding
Slogan: Surf's up!
Team colours: Dark blue, yellow

"Yo, we run this li'l gravboarding biz, and dude, let me tell ya, dude, it's now, like, the biggest supplier of, you know, like, gravboarding supplies, for, like, gravboarding. And Boss Honcho was like, we need to, like, advertise, reach out to the, you know, public, like the regular dudes and he was like, grav-racing is totally old school, yo, and we were all like, yo dude, far out, so he got his homeys to build us a sick raceship and Stav rode it at, you know, that French subway track in the, you know, FX000 junior league and we tagged that race, like, won the mica medal for that 1080 Stav busted off the 3-set and we were all like, RAD, man, then the 5-0s were like, dangerous piloting, and the Commission disqualified us, that was so uncool, man.

But we're not dead in the water yet, dude, make no mistake, the kahuna of G-Tech sold us his kit and we upgraded our raceship for the FX1200. We're gonna make big waves in the prime league, trust us, dude, Aurisystems and Qiraras are as dead as a goldfish on a grav-ramp!"

Weapon: Tsunami
"COWAAABUNGAAAA! The Tsunami is a way sick spin on the old Quake weapon, it makes this big blue electrical wave behind you, and then, dude, it's surfin' tiiiiime! Keep up your speed and ride your way to victory!"

TIER 2: INTERMEDIATE
======

XRONOS
Name: Xronos Technologies
Slogan: We make time for you
Team colours: Silver, red

<Incoming call, press C to establish connection>

"Arkan Al-Harrad, Xronos Technologies, We make time for you. Yes... Timewarp Advancements? Okay... What? A lawsuit? Patent infringement? That's utter nons-- Well, actually we DON'T have any preliminary designs. You see, back in 2398 I lived on the streets, and an elderly guy appeared and handed me the schematics, and they looked unlike anything I've ever seen before, so I went to a friend and had them built... Zhar Nehral, yes, THE Zhar Nehral, from the Drill Bike Company. ...No, I do still believe he was on to something. Think about it, there are no traffic jams and no level crossings underground. It's much safer than topside.

Anyway. He built the device and it turned out to be a functional time machine, and we commercialised it, and expanded, and got rich, and we kept the plans in a safe, and before he died he went back in time to give me the plans. So I'm afraid I can't give you any more information... You mean Timewarp has already patented time travel? Carson Town? In 1871? Ah. Okay, I'll call you back"

<click> "Computer, call zero-two-five-eight-four for me" <beeep> <beeep> "Hey Mustafa, get out your laser. I got a job for you in the Old West. Just look for a guy in a twenty-fifth century business suit. What, shoot him? No, no, just tie him to a tree or something and if he's carrying any plans or schematics, dispose of them. No, don't worry about the Business Ethics Bureau, just don't let the sheriff catch you, that's all. Good luck"

<click> "Computer, reconnect to last caller" <beeep> <beeep> "Arkan Al-Harrad here, Xronos Technologies. Can you give me Mr. Zastov, please? ...Who? This is Timewarp Advancements, right? Pizza Pronto? And you've never heard of Timewarp Advancements? Okay, sorry, my bad, have a good day..."

Weapon: Rollback
"It's quite simple really, the weapon is basically a compact time-beam projector with some basic image recognition intelligence. It automatically targets the nearest moving thing, then all you have to do is press this button and-- It's quite simple really, the weapon is basically a compact..."
______

INRA
Name: [classified]
Slogan: Bombs away
Team colours: Dark green, white

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to INRA. My name is Dr. Anulpha, and I am the director of the Military Counterintelligence department. Sir, yes you with the blonde hair, please do not lean against the cerebral assimilator. Thank you.

You may have been told by certain anti-establishment outlets that INRA is reading your private communication and spying on your every move. Today, I shall attempt to debunk this myth and reveal the conspiracy responsible for this wilful attempt at fragmenting and misleading the people of this great and proud nation.

INRA is a subsidiary of the Core Information Agency, the eyes and ears of the United North American Nations. To express your love for this great nation, baseball caps with the CIA logo will be available at the exit gate for a price of 50 gaea.

As you are well aware, since you all passed the preliminary patriotism test, the UNAN is under attack from within by terrorists and other enemies of freedom attempting to sow the seeds of discontent and unrest and throw our proud nation into turmoil. This is why INRA is monitoring suspicious transmissions and movements to detect patterns indicative of potential terror activity.

We are not allowed to reveal the inner workings of our scanning procedures, but you can find a list of terror suspects apprehended by the CIA in your subconscious memory.

I am aware that many of you have come today in hopes of learning more about the recent outbreak of so-called UFO sightings. According to my statistics, 49 out of 122 journalists present at this press conference have consciously thought about so-called UFOs for 10 to 20 seconds during the past two hours, and 8 of you for 20 seconds or more. Unfortunately, we cannot reveal the names of the subjects. INRA is committed to your privacy.

INRA can neither confirm nor deny any future involvement with the FX1200 Anti-Gravity Racing League, nor the application of experimental cloaking technology in same League, nor any possible relation to the so-called UFO sightings, although we are allowed to reveal that we will be competing in the Vector, Venom, Flash and Phantom Class. Any information about our potential participation in the Rapier Class is currently classified, and anyone found in possession of such information will be subject to remotely triggered microwave combustion.

Thank you for your attention"

Weapon: Cloner
"This holo-matter projector creates a perfect copy of the INRA craft, down to the molecular level and equipped with all weapons available to the originating ship after the weapon is activated. When the timer is up, the clone is terminated before it has a chance to claim self-awareness and overthrow the human race"

[PRESS DOWN ARROW TO CONTINUE]

Brother Laz
2nd March 2007, 06:59 PM
TIER 3: ADVANCED
======

IXO
Name: Ixo Science Consortium
Slogan: Join the space-time revolution
Team colours: Dark blue, light blue

"Um... is this the microphone? Test, one two...
Dave, Dave? You there? There's a protocol bug in this equipment, I'm not getting a connection. My digiberry says there's no wireless interface in this room, I've tried a port sweep but it's not responding.
The power button on the mike? Dave? What's a mike? Oh, you mean the microphone. Okay. Test one two, TEST ONEEE-- <eeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE> Dave, we got a feedback loop here, what do I-- <IIIIIIIiiiiieeeeEEEEEE> How do I access the volume function? Dave??? <EEEEEEeeEEEE>

Ah. Thank you, Dave. Welcome, ladies and gentlemen... I'm not implying that you are all ladies, as in female lords, but, anyway, welcome at this press conference organised today by the Ixo Science Consortium, where I work. My name is Alfred Breakwater, by the way, and I'm a quantum engineer at this company. Ixo is the world leader in physics and particle research, thanks to its access to six of the world's highest powered particle colliders, including one of my own design, a 12.9 terawatt plasma generator/collider in France, the capital of South Africa. Ahh, she's a beauty.

Where was I? Oh, right, anti-gravity racing. Although many consider our recent involvement in mass market entertainment to be somewhat below our professional status, we are expecting a major influx in resources over the next five years from advertising revenue, which the Consortium will put towards the realisation of the world's highest definition VLT array, which may reveal new insights in the domains of quantum necrosis research and existential exobiology. Even if it does not, we are expecting a surge of spin-off consumer products, which should generate enough revenue to pay off the debt Ixo has incurred during the death ray scandal, as you can see on this slid--" <clatter> <crash>
<Connection Interrupted>

Weapon: Feedback
"When an eye for an eye is not enough, that is where the Feedback weapon comes in. The Hawking void generator targets an opponent in front of the craft and drains its shields by a percentage of the amount of shield loss the Ixo craft has sustained"
______

LEVITAR
Name: Levitar Anti-Gravity
Slogan: Reach for the stars
Team colours: Orange, brown

"Welcome, comrades, to this glorious 3rd March of the year 1. This is an automated transmission broadcast from the heart of the Levitar Nations, the great City Zero One. We apologise for interrupting your viewing pleasure, but none of the capitalist network dinosaurs wished to broadcast our message of peace and revolution.

Exactly eleven minutes and thirty seconds after the beep, our robot saucers will reach the four hundred largest cities in the world. Fifty will be picked at random and disintegrated. If our demands are not met before twelve p.m., the next fifty cities will be targetted. It is in your own best interest to remain calm and stay where you are.

Your President has been captured by our revolutionary armies and will be executed in short order. Your country and its citizens will be assimilated into the Levitar Nations, and you will be liberated and welcomed with open arms to a new era of progress and prosperity. Resistance is futile"

<beep>

"Dear viewers, we apologise for any confusion caused by the preceding advertisement by Levitar Anti-Gravity, intended to promote its new line of Grasshopper automatic lawn mowers. We have been ordered by the Makana Riot Police to cease broadcasting until the situation has been sorted out. Thank you"

<fade to Datacast logo>

Weapon: Phase Missile
"Now for something different. This weapon locks on just like a turret, then fires a small missile with the ability to pass through walls on its way to the target. No, I'm afraid I cannot reveal how the weapon works. The phase ability is a trade secret and a fundamental part of Levitar's technological superiority in the field of power lawn mowers"

TIER 4: PROFESSIONAL
======
PHOEBUS
Name: Phoebus Inventions
Slogan: The human spirit
Team colours: Red, white

"Progress through experimentation. This is the driving force behind Phoebus Inventions. We enable skilled inventors to realise their dream with our financial backing, and if their inventions succeed in the marketplace, we patent them and share the profits fairly with the original creator. If they bothered to read the fine print, of course.

The latest and greatest achievements enabled by Phoebus include Toe-Protekt teleporting hammers, Magnet On A Stick motorcycle performance boosters, airbag suits for skydivers, and negative energy lightbulbs that quickly and easily convert light into electricity.

Our latest project is a revolutionary new high-performance anti-gravity craft, powered by the gravitic force of a black hole. The craft features an indestructible monofilament tether of cosmic length, with a heavy weight on the end. This weight is lowered into a black hole by a space drone, pulling the craft along the track at high speed. Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with this project, so we may install an ordinary ion plasma drive until we get it to work according to our high standards.

Phoebus Inventions, breaking the laws of nature for you since 2119"

Weapon: Tractor Beam
"This device was originally marketed as a wireless dog leash, and was actually quite successful until the lawsuit. Although we could easily have included an additional note about power level 10 in the box to avoid further problems, the retailers refused to carry it and that was all she wrote. Glad to see it is still being put to good use, though"
______

YMIR
Name: Ymir Transportation
Slogan: Hammer time
Team colours: Silver, green

"Transportation is by no means an easy matter in the CNES territories. Between the freezing winds, hailstorms, cosmic rays above the polar circle, hungry bears, mutated penguins in the Klies Bridge zone, undead zombie Vikings and the occasional volcanic eruption, getting anything heavy from point A to B requires an immense logistical effort.

And Ymir is your best choice since 2286. Ymir Trucking has a 43% market share in wheeled and tracked transportation, and our Aerospace department can deliver your valuable goods in less than 30 minutes to anywhere in the Community. For our premium customers, we have a limited number of teleportation gates offering instant delivery.

Next year, our Phoenix program will enter closed beta testing. The moon-based solar array focusses light rays on any point of your choosing within the Community. No more frozen key locks or loading bay ramps, no more priceless goods lost in the snow, no more darkness, no more winter.
Ymir Road Safety is proud to announce its Helios self-service program. For a low monthly fee, the safety-conscious driver may lease a pair of JATO booster rockets, providing plenty of auxiliary power to pull your truck out of the harshest snow bank.

Ymir Transportation, there is no business like snow business"

Weapon: Mjollnir
"The most important thing we needed was a weapon that could pack a punch. The Mjollnir is basically a phased gravity generator, creating a cocoon of virtual particles with infinite mass around the ship. Any opponent stupid enough to collide with an Ymir ship when the shield is up will be scraping together ship parts until Ragnarok"

Brother Laz
2nd March 2007, 07:00 PM
TIER 5: EXPERT
======
ARMADA
Name: Armada Research
Slogan: Boom!
Team colours: Red, orange

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Armada Microsystems, Earth's leading developer of tactical and strategical intelligent weapons, or as we prefer to call them, 'alternative domestic or international diplomacy infrastructure', abbreviated to ADIDI. Any journalists in this auditorium are asked to use this term when referring to weapons designed or produced at Armada Microsystems.

The first subject we will tackle at this press conference is our recent involvement with the FX1200 Anti-Gravity league. Most of you may not be aware that Armada Microsystems is the official supplier of race-specification ADIDI solutions since 2402. Our participation as a competitor is only a natural evolution. Although we will continue to supply the Race Commission with our products, we can assure you that both departments within our company are entirely separate entities. You will be able to verify the strength of the titanite firewall separating the two departments in this building later.

Our contribution to the FX1200 League will consist of two Self-Contained High-Performance Human-Controlled Linear Displacement Levitation Transports For Competitive Environments, or SCHPHCLDLTFCEs, otherwise known as 'race craft', although we would prefer it if you use the abbreviation instead.

Our goal is to exceed the baseline success requirements in this closed enviroment by the biggest average positive margin and use our ADIDI to negatively impact the dynamic entropy level of the space-time surrounding the other core entities on the layered high-speed transportation surface loop and make them undergo fundamental structural decomposition in order to reduce or reverse their progression on the ranked status tables, all supplied by Armada Microsystems. In other words, we are going to win races and destroy the competition. Any questions?"

Weapon: Cyclone Disruptor
"Sometimes it is better to be subtle. This ADIDI emits focussed disruptive radiation, inflicting no direct damage but interfering with the ability of a plasma shield to absorb impacts. For the next couple of seconds, the target takes double damage from any weapon or collision"
______

GABRIEL
Name: Gabriel Communications
Slogan: The sky is ours
Team colours: White, light blue

"Beep-- beep-- beep-- <dum-dee-duummmm!>
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the 10 o'clock news on GTV1. This morning, Gabriel Communications bought out Qirex RD in a move that sent shockwaves through the telecast market. The corporation, worth 500 quadrillion gaea, gobbles up its biggest competitor, increasing its international market share from 21 percent to a near monopoly of 98 percent.

Some analysts have voiced concerns over the merger, citing outdated monopoly law. GTV1 takes a fair and balanced look at the economic and political consequences. Rainier, what's your take on the situation?

'I have to say, this is a good thing for both the telecom industry and society as a whole. The merger emphasises the trend towards a new era of monopoly deregulation and freedom, raising profits for the world's Fortress 500 corporations and thereby eliminating poverty and other traces of socialism. Make no mistake, though, the communist undercurrent in society will not be swayed by just a couple of mergers - we're looking at the big stuff here, like Katmoda and Datacast, Sol Aerospace and Skyhook Insurance, and so on'

Thank you, sir. This was Dr. Rainier, competition law specialist for the UNAN government. Another critique that has been brought up by dissidents is that the merger would result in the loss of millions of jobs in most Northern countries and prevent new telecom operators from entering the market. Sir Ryca-Faller, venture capitalist:

'I understand people's concerns, but they have to look at it from a rational point of view. A small local operator, like Bertelsmann or NBC, creates maybe a thousand jobs, maybe two thousand. About twenty million, that's a two followed by seven zeroes, people worked at Qirex RD and thirty million at Gabriel. But Gabriel-Qirex will employ an estimated amount of no less than thirty-four million, more than Gabriel, much more than Qirex. Moreover, the Qirex anti-gravity racing team will be rebranded with the Gabriel identity, which will require at least two graphical artists and four managers to execute the switch, jobs that did not exist before. As you see, the merger will actually create more jobs'

Thanks for the interview, and on to the moment you've all been waiting for: an extra-long, twenty minute commercial break, brought to you by Gabriel Television 1. Stay tuned for more criminal acts in Birthright, at ten-thirty on GTV5. Witness the prosecution eat Sir Bowtie alive in this unrated edition of the controversial crime soap. Shocking revelations by Stanislav Khumala, grandson of the executed anti-gravity pilot, in Eat Your Heart Out at ten-fifty on GTV3 or the Gabriel Datacast site"

Weapon: Storm Crow
"Ever wondered what would happen when you take a regular gravity shield generator and crank it up to fifty juicy gigavolts? Big fat lightning bolts, that's what. Okay, it may explode, but we're still ironing out the little bugs, and then we'll try to persuade the higher-ups to give us the green light. I'm sure they'll see the benefits of bringing a shield that shuts down any opponent that comes too close, and all they have to do in return is arrange with the Commission to move the stands a little farther away from the track. Just in case"

Brother Laz
2nd March 2007, 07:01 PM
TIER 6: MASTER
======

RICHU
Name: Ri Chu Developments
Slogan: Making the world go round
Team colours: yellow, red

"Good morning and welcome to Richu 101. For some of you this may be your first visit to Richu City, the world's largest privately owned urban solution. If you are a spy, terrorist or liberal, please apply to the security centre on floor 407 for immediate termination. Today, our first guest speaker is Doctor Feng Zhaoyin, senior economist at Richu Developments, explaining our expansion plans in the anti-gravity racing sector.

<waves of applause pour from loudspeakers>

Huan ying guang lin, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Dr. Zhaoyin, senior economist at Richu Developments. As you already know, Richu Developments has taken a 500 million share in the FX1200 Race Commission and will participate in the championship league starting next season. You may be surprised by this bold move, but this project is the flagship of our new corporate culture of synergetic interfacing between knowledge, innovation and resources.

Please use your digiberry to navigate to ether://richu-developments.cn with the password 'administrator', where you will find a graph detailing corporate profits over the last ten years, corrected for inflation and political unrest. Note that unauthorised use of this graph is subject to international copyright law. A licence may be purchased for 500,000 gaea for private reproduction within the family sphere, or 2,000,000 gaea for wirenews distribution.

The projected cost of the FX1200 project has been estimated at 279 trillion gaea over the first five months, after which a revenue stream of 591 trillion gaea in the sixth month and 893 trillion gaia in the seventh month can be expected, followed by a gradual asymptotic decline following the Braun-Cheng theory of annualised monetary degradation. The total expected profits are estimated at 1.208 quadrillion gaea, corrected for inflation and political unrest.

Although I am sure none of you are interested in how your digiberry or levitation chair works under the hood, excuse my Westernese, some special attention to the contribution of Richu Developments to the sport of anti-gravity racing would be appropriate at this point, considering Richu Developments is the world leader in high tech applications of--"
<Connection Interrupted>
<HACKED BY AMERICAN>
<LOLZ NOOB, UR SECURITY SUX>
<ROFL>

Weapon: Rising Sun
"After much consideration and a thorough cost-benefit analysis, the most optimal offensive solution turned out to be the Rising Sun, which unleashes a white-hot ball lightning that follows the track, rolling from side to side damaging or melting everything in its path for only 517,000 gaea per ship per race, including maintenance costs"
______

AIWASS
Name: AIWASS
Slogan: Be afraid
Team colours: Black, red

"Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to oblivion. You can take off your blindfolds now. My name is Darth Maul, but you can call me Darth. My apologies for not providing you with my real name, but security is of the utmost importance in this domain.

AIWASS, or Advanced Intelligent Warfare And Security Systems, is a private defence contractor specialising in psychological warfare, the Zen art of making an enemy defeat themselves without any bloodshed. The founder of psychological warfare was the ancient strategist Sun Tzu, who routed the Roman legions by successfully employing bamboo warplanes on the battlefield. Among the great world leaders known to have employed psychological warfare tactics were President Chiron, who successfully feigned mental retardation to draw support for his unpopular social reforms, and the late Hesselmann, Dictator of the Sixth Empire.

Last year, AIWASS officially reported a 20 trillion gaea profit, thanks to a generous donation by the International Charity Foundation. In reality, the company is teetering on the verge of bankruptcy, due to its involvement in the FX1200 Racing League. Considering the unfortunate current state of world peace, the FX1200 League is the only way for AIWASS to field test new developments and theories. But taking into account the importance of psychological factors in the wars of the future, we--"

"And why would our domain be any less valuable than subatomic weapons research, sir?"

"Not lethal enough? I tend to disagree. So where was I... right, anti-gravity racing. Our approach to the FX1200 League is one of subterfuge and fear. Granted, we met with little success until we pulled the Amphibious Armour Department off the project and hired some skilled, and admittedly quite expensive, experts from more established racing teams. Our sponsored team is now clawing its way to the top of the League, and just the sight of one of our ships on the rear-view monitor is enough to make any competitor panic. In the meantime, Intrasat-5 monitors ship movements and transmits the raw data to us, where we disassemble the patterns to find signs of uncertainty and doubt in the opposing pi--"

"No, sir, I repeat, this is not a waste of defence money, AIWASS serves--"

"I'm sorry, sir, but psychological warfare is definitely as lethal as... MY GOD, HE'S GOT A BOMB!! SHOOT HIM!!!!" <bang! bang! bang!>

Weapon: Disintegrator
"Okay, it's not exactly long ranged, but it pierces any shield in seconds. It establishes a potential difference between the two front pods of the ship, causing a high-voltage arc that latches on to any conductive surface placed directly in front of the weapon. That means opponents. As an added bonus, it looks and sounds powerful and deadly, adding the element of terror and persuading the opposing pilot to stay out of range at all costs. In other words, he or she will... uh... try and build up a bigger lead... ehm... yeah... I guess we're redesigning the weapon next season after all"

rdmx
3rd March 2007, 10:30 AM

HOLY ****! Did you do all that?:o
Well done!

BTW I think you put 12 teams in.

Brother Laz
4th March 2007, 06:57 PM
Yep. Took me a whole day, too. ;)

12??
*Ki-Tai and Valkyron, Xronos and INRA, Ixo and Levitar, Phoebus and Ymir, Armada and Gabriel, Richu and AIWASS... you're right. :p *

New paradigm
30th March 2007, 06:40 AM
Ok guys, give your ideas for some new teams. You know, describe logo, name, colores, stats, etc. Be creative, ok?

My suggestion is New paradigm (get the revelence). No its not that. New paradigm was faction in warzone 2100. Colors: Yellow to orange. Logo: Look for pic of NP on google.

New paradigm
2nd April 2007, 12:01 PM
New Paradigm

Colors: Gold, oker, orange
Craft: NP SRA 200 Mk 2000
Speed 4/5
Thurst 2/5
Handling 5/5
Shield 2/5
Slogan: New paradigm of AG racing!
Weapon: Ionization - Let's heat ship up to 100000 deegre C and see what happens if u crash in another ship not made of ultra high temparature alloy.

PIRANHA MASTER
2nd April 2007, 04:51 PM
The teams:
Feisar:If there's no feisar in the game,it can't be called WipEout!(Europe,but no in the Italy)
Handling:10
Accel. :8
Speed:4
Shield:9
Piranha:That's OK!(Italy)
Handling:7
Accel. :6
Speed:8
Shield:4
AG-Systems:Really OK!(I like it more if the body is similiar to that in WO 2097)
(Asia)
Accel. :9
Speed:7
Auricom:It can't be absent!(America of north,south,Canada and Groeland)
Handling:5
Accel. :5
Shield:3
Assegai:OK,very well in the body,but not in the stats!(Africa)
Handling:6
Speed:10
Shield:2
Quirex R+D:Is NOT my favourite,but I put in the game.(North Pole)
Handling:4
Accel. :3
Speed:6
Shield:5
Icaras:In this game,isn't the fastest...(South Pole)
Triakis:And now,the moment you waiting for!The BEST A-G CRAFT in the WO future game!!!!!(Saturn)
Handling:10
Accel. :10
Speed:10
Shield:10

The Gracer
5th April 2007, 11:14 PM
O_o...sorry for the total lack of comment...but..

O_o

YoshiXL
18th April 2007, 06:42 AM
*chants* Goteki45!

seriously, i will buy a ps3 to see this lol.

Silverstream
23rd April 2007, 09:31 PM
Feisar.

United Europe will conquer all!

adelheid
26th April 2007, 03:43 PM
What about a Wipeout version of the Manx TT race?
Surely after, what, 300 years they would have a "classic" race/tournament?

The Assegai 8 Tournament :D
Starting in Hi-Fumi, then..... dunno ;)

swift killer
7th August 2007, 12:11 PM
i propose a pair of teams to play off the India vs Pak rivalry.

more on that later ;)

Mark Of Insanity
10th August 2007, 06:19 PM
Puma 1 and Van Uber!

swift killer
12th August 2007, 11:34 AM
tigron! tigron! tigron!

phantom
12th August 2007, 01:50 PM
hmm, in XGRA, there were a few tracks on mars in a place called 'Araxes Arabian Ridge', how about a Martian team in the same location?

i think 'Arachnid', 'Ares' or just plain 'Spyder' Would be good names for a team based in the 'Araxes Alternative Atmosphere Anti-Grav Research and Development Center', or AAAAGRDC, or any simpler name you can think of.

Team colours would most probably be deepred/maroon to match the colour of the environment, which would come in handy on open track sections where weapons can be used more strategically. Also, i reckon if 'Team Ares' did exist, they'd focus their attention on speed and turning ability to take advantage of the differences in atmosphere and gravity on mars as compared to earth.

Whaddya think?

(oh yeah, Qirex. YOU NEED QIREX!!!! i nearly cried when i found out it wasnt in fusion)

Dr. Angryman
12th August 2007, 05:32 PM
My idea of a team:

Team name: NG/RD (No Gravity Research and Development) or just -Gravity.
Location: Fibonacci, a space station, currently in orbit around the Moon.
Slogan: Got Space?
Team ideals and training: NG/RD (or -Gravity, depending on which you like) is a team founded in 2194. Dedicating their efforts on researching the effects of various technology in the vacuum of space, they've always had an eye set on the WipEout leagues. But, as with time restrictions and other important issues, they've never been entirely focused on constructing an AG craft....until now. Team founder, Adrian Fibonacci (it is questionable if he is related to the famous mathematician) commented in 2216 that an experimental AG craft was "being tested on a circuit inside the Fibonacci Space Facility (FSF)." He had no further comment on the project. The team also tests AG crafts on the Moon, not in a sealed station, but on the Moon's barren and cratered surface. During testing, observers noted that the ship was quite agile and strong, a rare combination in AG racing. "It was dodging various rocks with general ease," noted one such observer, "and was also very resistant to damage, on the rare occasion that it did scrape a crater."
The ship, of course, got many positive reveiws.
Team colors: Grey, black, and red.
Team stats:

Speed: 7/10
Shield: 8/10
Thrust: 6/10
Handling: 9/10

Ships I'd like to see make a return are Icaras and Van-Uber, but since they were already brought back in a download, this not likely to happen....

Well, that's all. Sayonara! :g

P.S. phantom, love your idea of a Mars team! :g

swift killer
13th August 2007, 02:31 PM
team name: Bhavani AG

origin: Somewhere near Pune, India

slogan: Jai Hind

story: Bhavani AG is rumoured to belong to decendants of Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle(19-02-1627 to 03-04-1680). Bhavani AG was set to enter the F9000 league in the past but pulled out when it discovered how rife the sport was with corruption. Decades later, the Indian Government where shocked to discover that Triakis, an arms dealer which runs in the FX400 league, was arming, hiring and fundin terrorist groups to attempt to take over India and sieze its economy. Upon hearing this the Indian Army eliminated all of Triakis' associates, assets and groups from India within the space of 6 hours on the 8th March 2207. Bhavani AG were enraged by this and decided to lodge an entry into the FX450 league with the sole intent of destroying Triakis, they subsequently recieved backing from the Indian government and in the following weeks would have hundreds of ex-Tigron staff defect to them from Triakis fearing for their lives. Not much is known about this mysterious outfit but rumours would suggest the following;
- AG officials' instruments have failed to pick up readings of the ships shield energy
- The ship can summon holy powers at will, acting as a free spirit
- Bhavani AG is based in a secret facility under Shivneri Fort close to Pune, India which, interestingly, is the birth place of Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle*

colours; saffron, white, green & navy blue

*look up on Wikipedia

Mark Of Insanity
13th August 2007, 04:50 PM
"The ship can summon holy powers at will, acting as a free spirit"

I think that's a bit too extravagant for any WO game... Just too much.

zargz
13th August 2007, 10:16 PM
I'd like to see the turboweevel but with the haironaut look! 8)

Dr. Angryman
13th August 2007, 10:47 PM
@ swift killer: That ship.... It's just based on make-belief.... Not any real futuristic technology.... NICE TRY, THOUGH! :g

adelheid
14th August 2007, 02:51 AM
I think a Lunar/Martian collaboration would be in order, with two wide-spaced thrusters (well it's not going to have air brakes is it?)... but that could lead to a Zone ship design.... Flying wing?

Airrider
19th August 2007, 11:41 PM
Hey, how about a new Red Bull in-house team? Watching those air races has inspired me. If the old agility strategy of Assegai never comes back...

I can imagine it. Wider, larger control fins than usual, a very honed design...hm.\

...stick around, I'll think of a better description.

RJ O'Connell
19th August 2007, 11:58 PM
But their best equipment will be their lavish party center at the track, rather than the actual racing equipment - and if you don't believe me, watch the Red Bull NASCAR or F1 teams putter around their respective tracks if you haven't already.

The sad thing is that the cars look real nice. :( (loves RB paintschemes, can't you tell?)

swift killer
2nd September 2007, 09:39 PM
Would'nt be hilarious if someone managed to put the car from Back To The Future in WipEout, lol

*sorry for the lame joke*

Piranha5p33d5
3rd September 2007, 04:08 AM
Would'nt be hilarious if someone managed to put the car from Back To The Future in WipEout, lol

Pure GOLD! A Delorian would be a funny lil extra ;)

adelheid
5th September 2007, 12:54 PM

That would be awesome! Wipeout 2020 FTW!

Dragoon111
11th January 2008, 01:10 PM
A Greek team would be great for the International A-G Competition.We are member of the FEISAR team but nevertheless,Germany has a team VanUber,England has also a team,Icaras(we lend them the name,Icarus)and Finland.What do you think....Greece will ROCK

RJ O'Connell
20th January 2008, 02:17 AM
Don't forget Qirex - Russian Federation is still part of Europe mostly.

But here's a point I'd like to make, we have 12 teams in the series already, and 5 of them have been "revived" in Wipeout Pure after absences in Wipeout Fusion. Then there's EG-r and Xios, missing in Pure, that merge and become EG-X for Pulse.

There is representation for pretty much every region of the earth as well, since we now know that Triakis is primarily based in Adelaide and Icaras hails from Great Britain. The only countries and regions not represented would be Latin/Central America (Mexico), the Carribean Islands, India (and other surrounding countries), and Korea. Eventually there would be teams based on the moon or Mars and such.

Do we need any more teams, though, really? Unless we see a merger between two smaller outfits in the next game, I really don't think it's necessary

BARTgai
20th January 2008, 04:39 AM
woohoo, Greek Pride! :D but yeah, Greece is already part of FEISAR because of the whole European Union thing :p

Airrider
20th January 2008, 10:15 PM
I'm still of the opinion that it'd be fun to have an extreme speed and cornering team, because I really like both Icaras and AG Systems, I liked Zone in PurE as an entertaining machine to pilot. Like a cross between Icaras and either EG-X or AG Systems, this sort of...very scary team to pilot, but mastering the ship is a mark of skill for any AG pilot.

I'm finally of the opinion that since each team represents a certain strategy and philosophy in one way or another, there is a limit to how many teams can appear in any one WipEout game before they start stepping on each others' toes and striking the nerves of gamers like us. I think about 12 teams at one time is the limit for me, and if my instincts are correct, almost anyone else here.

QuasarKoeben
26th March 2008, 12:23 AM
For Future wipeout installments

I like all teams from WO3 to remain, as well as Triakis, Mirage (even though I haven't driven it as the NA packs haven't been released yet, or atleast to my knowledge), EG-X, Harimau, a Swedish team and an all Canadian Team

IMO Auricom seemed to become more American when it became a fast, strong and hard hitting Heavey Weight (Think WW2: P-47 thunderbolt, F6F Hellcat etc.)

Canada has made contributions to the wipeout series by hosting tracks: Altima VII, Talon's Reach and Basilico. But I want a Canadian Team :)

There's a Brazilian Team, a pacific Island team, an African team and even a Malaysian team. Why can't there be a Canadian team? :cold

Medusa
26th March 2008, 03:05 AM
'Cause Canada is where the great teams have already picked off the craziest pilots? Nobody left who'll switch allegiance...:)

blixabargeld
26th March 2008, 08:51 PM
I'll say mine faves, what i will like to fly with/against in a new wipeout:

feisar: never raced on that, but is just an institution
pirhana: fastest ship, possibly with a new design
quirex: unthinkable not to have it in a wipeout game
auricom: as said before, their rivals
goteki 45: maybe not the best team, but my favourite right about now :)
icaras: it's english (i love england) and it always looked very good
ag system: like feisar, it's almost a stand-alone brand
mirage: nice ship, i'd be glad to see it again in the future

about new teams, I would like to race on an italian ship, of course, maybe inspired to our historical car brands..;)

Lance
26th March 2008, 09:38 PM
Icaras? English?!!!!!!?!!

Nadia Elenova
27th March 2008, 09:36 PM
Icaras... Great Britain to be more accurate.
I'd like to see Tigron back, I really love the design they made for Pure.

Lance
27th March 2008, 10:35 PM
What happened to all that famous Icaras internationalism and opaque origination?

Medusa
28th March 2008, 09:38 PM
That's what Pure and Pulse did to the backstory of the series. Isn't it sad?;) We don't get to guess about anything anymore. Well, actually I suppose we do. There's just less of it left open now.

Lance
28th March 2008, 10:13 PM
I suppose we're limited to guessing if the new factory is at Cricklewood Green or just in Tottenham. ;)

P52Smith
17th May 2008, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see Tigron and Van-Uber resurrected as teams. The story could be:

An eccentric multi-trillionaire who liked Tigron and Van-Uber (and any other resurrected teams) became the manager of the companies and financed their returns personally, including pilot training.

I do like the teams a lot (especially the Pure remakes) and I think this story may be feasible to use.

Sausehuhn
17th May 2008, 05:49 PM
Actually they may still exist in a lower league (if there are any lower leagues of course). And they get back to the 1st league where the WO-games take place?

P52Smith
18th May 2008, 02:02 PM
Another very good story.

I hope someone at SL sees these and agrees.

Harvai
19th May 2008, 02:10 PM
I agree, an Indian team would be a good idea, as would a Italian team
I'd like to see the original four (FEISAR, Qirex, Auricom, AG-Systems), Pirahna, Icaras, Assegai, Tigron, Van-Uber and Triakis return for the next WO game. Never was a fan of Goteki45.

adelheid
19th May 2008, 04:41 PM
An Indian team is a great idea, I think, especially as India could become a superpower in the future... But what would be their "thing"?

Albino Ace
20th May 2008, 03:12 PM
I suppose by thing you mean Tigron's aggressiveness, Harimau's care for nature, Triakis' militarism (they're a weapons manufacturer or somethin', right? :lol ), etc.?

hmm...maybe their ships would be very colorful/flambouyant (I'm sure I misspelled that) and they'd race in a more traditional manner? (perhaps a bit nonviolent, I dunno... :P )

Additionally, perhaps a team from Iceland or Norway would be an interesting addition? White, light blue, and black for colors perhaps...just a random thought. XD

Lance
20th May 2008, 03:48 PM
About "flambouyant": I'm sure, too. :g

-------

Perhaps the Indian team, if run by a Hindu with a strong sense of history, would have a very large number of arms.. er, I mean, wings? And be painted blue? ;)

swift killer
20th May 2008, 05:20 PM
That was my idea, lol

Could have one with it's livery based losely on the Indian Cricket Team's One Day International Jersey.

Problem with creating new teams is chosing colours that dont resemble exhisting teams.

Albino Ace
20th May 2008, 10:23 PM
Hmm...possible combos for new teams:

1) cyan, magenta, black
2) purple, green
3) gold and blue? (might kinda resemble Feisar or Assegai, I don't know...)
4) brown, beige, and white

swift killer
21st May 2008, 09:27 AM
How about matte-black+orange?

Wip3ou7
26th May 2008, 08:52 PM
I'd really like a team that represents Greece. I know its a wierd thing to ask, but that's my only request.

RJ O'Connell
26th May 2008, 10:26 PM
I'd think FEISAR would have Greece under it's umbrella of nations, but then again we have had Icaras, Van-Uber and Xios/EG-X emerge from EU countries. Qirex and Tigron originate in Russia, which is a European country (based on UEFA ;)).

It wouldn't be a bad idea, given that there's so many Greek mythology references one can pull out of their ass to name the team and base the ship's personality upon.

mdhay
27th May 2008, 07:17 PM
...(based on UEFA ;))....

True, but that's like saying Isreal are part of europe for being in the Eurovision.(If you guys in the US can watch it:))

omega329
27th May 2008, 07:29 PM
I thought the zone ships in Fusion/Pure were nice looking, I'd like to see them made into a team of some sort.

offtopic, but do you think zone mode was named after this site?

Lance
27th May 2008, 08:31 PM
More likely because you have to be "in the zone'' [the zen state of non-grasping but fully aware consciousness, also sometimes called wu-wei] in order to perform well.

BTW, still offtopic, I thought those guys in the Finnish entry for Eurovision a couple of years ago [?] were aliens, yet they were still considered Euro enough.

uh... topic?

Oh, yeah. I want Icaras to be one of the basic teams available from the start.

RJ O'Connell
27th May 2008, 11:54 PM
^ Their style has always been too extreme for it to happen. That's why they were the last unlockable team in WO3/SE, and have always been DLC in the PSP era. If Icaras were to "soften up" a bit like Qirex has in recent installment, maybe I could see that happening.

Unless the next game had more than 8 teams from purchase and they were all available from the start, of course ;)

Lance
28th May 2008, 09:12 AM
Icaras should most definitely nOt soften. [is highly tempted to make sexual joke here, but that would be very unoriginal. ;) ]

Albino Ace
28th May 2008, 11:50 AM
Lol @ Lance. :g

But yea, Icaras would be too extreme, for lack of a better term, to have right from the start. At first, in Pulse, I thought a team like Piranha was too extreme! :o However, with only slightly higher maneuverability and thrust, and much worse shielding (statistically speaking anyway o_o) I guess Icaras is still more extreme than anything else on the market. :P

JABBERJAW
28th May 2008, 04:57 PM
There should be a team with Al Gore's face pasted on the side of it. It should run on Cow Manure and go about 50kph. It should be the color green

TheFrostE
28th May 2008, 06:50 PM
one word..."turboweevil' Al and eric know exactly what im talking about (VT) l:g

PS- ill settle for haironaut Jay

swift killer
22nd June 2008, 09:30 PM
A team that represents SPARTAAA!!!

I still think we should have the DMC DeLorean as a funny little hidden extra :P

One critical element of motorsport/racing which is missing from WipEout : an Italian team using the Azuri, Roso and Pink (the Giro D'Italia colour).

Also, I would personally like to see a German team as a tribute to the inventors of techno = KRAFTWERK.

KIGO1987
24th June 2008, 04:39 AM
Just talking about that on another thread "what happened to Van Uber?" a few weeks ago. Van Uber was a Germany team. Also on that thread where tallkng about an Italian team also, as well as using the Nurgrenburg ring as a track. Actually talkng about the DMC DeLorean 12, that car has gone back into repoduction this year. I would get one if, one was avaliable as RHD and if they put a proper engine in that vehicle, maybe a forced induced Flat6 engine since the car is already in a RR configuration, that OHV V6 in that car is acient tech.

AG-wolf
24th June 2008, 07:52 PM
Turboweevil ftw XD

But seriously, I want to see Qirex return to their roots. Brutally strong and fast ships, aggressive racing dynamic and vicious looking twin-barrel ship design. I know they've kept the catamaran ship since XL, but it looked like a piece of garbage in Pure, and in Pulse it looks more like the flying trashcan Goteki from WO3 (SOMEone called Goteki the flying trashcan up in Vermont, I forget who :P). They can still have terrible handling, but as long as the game engine itself is competent, it doesn't matter (I fly Qirex just fine in XL, 64, and 3, but in Pulse they're awful... I found myself using EGX actually)

RJ O'Connell
26th June 2008, 03:41 AM
^ As long as the ships of Triakis fit that description to a tee, Qirex will still be the middleweight of the Wipeout teams.

The developers wanted to achieve total balance between all 12 teams in Pulse and HD. It stands to reason that if "Wipeout PS3", as Wikipedia calls it, is anything like HD or Pulse, you can expect more of the same.

GalacticSpartan
17th July 2008, 09:49 PM
Hmm...I don`t know on this XD let me think here.

AG-Systems: Well it`s been here for a while and they won a champion chip in Pure, so ya :3 love to see the Japanese team again.

Assegai: Well this team is improving since Pure, so sure, why not?

Auricom: You cannot have Wipeout with this American team, but it sucks to have it now downloadable in Pulse :( it`s not right.

EG-X: Hmm...EG.R and Xios together? That`s cool. :3 Needs to make improvements on the turning and shields however.

Feisar: I will cry if they don`t have Feisar in the game :(. It`s been around in every game along with Auricom.

Goteki 45: hmm...It`s good to see it back in Pulse..I don`t know on this team XD;

Harimau: New team from Pure. I wanna see it more D: it`s really good in Pure.

Icaras: I would wanna see it again playable instead of a downloadable team :( need freaken wireless to get those pack which I don`t have..

Mirage: Never seen it in action so I don`t know :/ .

Piranha: This is a team I would love to see again :3 due to it`s fast speed.

Qirex: Another of my favorite teams :3 but I was sad when it didd`nt come in Fusion along with AG-S. I wanna see more of this Russian team in other games.

Triakis: I like this team ^^ Super shields with super speed. Sure, why not?

Tigron: **** no D: The thing looked like a giant battering ram and it sucked.

G-Tech Systems: Nope, dun wanna see the team again. The ship didd`nt look like a WipEout ship.

Van-Uber: I wanna see this team again ^^ not bad in Fusion, but it sucked with the shields.

So yeah XD those are my choices

cybrpnk
18th July 2008, 12:21 AM
AG-5Y5 definitely...speed, acceleration and handling over shield power anyday...:)

RJ O'Connell
18th August 2008, 02:51 AM
I don't see how they could add more teams without getting rid of teams to do so. And Wipeout Fusion ensured that wasn't going to happen ever for as long as the series is developed.

swift killer
18th August 2008, 09:31 AM
Well, if you think about it, it's abit like F1 with the strong legendary teams being permanant while others come and go.

feisar, auricom, qirex and ag sys = ferrari, mclaren, williams & honda (which is essentially what use to be the Tyrrell team before it was bought out by BAR), that said, i cant see williams lasting any longer, even though they have two VERY good drivers.

RJ O'Connell
18th August 2008, 05:34 PM
If longevity was correlated to success, FEISAR would have shut down their racing team way before XL! Thank goodness the bureaucracy still cares. :g

Plus, Ferrari, the only team that has run every season, has only been around about 60 years. FEISAR has run about 130 seasons consecutively.

Maybe the future economy does improve so much that multiple teams can stick around for over a century.

trentdf
21st August 2008, 04:45 AM
I think all the ships in pulse always need to comeback in every new game, or else people are gonna lose their fave ships. But the biggest thing i want to see come back is the different feel of the ships. I havent played pure :brickwall, but in pulse the ships all feel the same to me. I mean i can see that im overtaking a FEISAR in a Pirhana on a straight, but it doesnt feel any faster. I can see assegai has a tighter trning circle than triakis, but they feel similar. I want the good old dys of Wip3out, when you raced an icarus you cried to your mummy that you couldnt do it, and when your in an assegai you feel if you touch any walls your going to blow into a million pieces.

RJ O'Connell
21st August 2008, 04:51 AM
There were players that liked EG-R, Xios, Tigron and Van-Uber that recently lost their favourite teams when EG-X was formed and the latter two were just dropped entirely for Pulse...

borell
21st August 2008, 12:13 PM
I would not mind seeing the Cardracer back in action. It looks quite good. It is not among the fastest ships, but I find it enjoyable to pilot. :+

RJ O'Connell
23rd August 2008, 06:33 PM
Cardracer's look is akin to the WO3 AG Systems, I find that to be pretty cool. :g

Kscorps
24th August 2008, 03:26 AM
Piranha must return or I will not buy the game.

omega329
24th August 2008, 10:33 PM
Piranha leaving has as much a chance as Bush had of finding WMDs

Darkdrium777
25th August 2008, 03:03 AM
Well all the current teams should come back. I also think the 'real' teams should come back as well, like Tigron and Van-Uber. I liked them in PurE, seeing them again would be cool. Plus it's always more ships to choose from, and from recently: more skins! Yay for additional content :D

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2008, 03:07 AM
Hate to disagree, but constantly bringing back teams and dropping them and bringing them back would just get irritating after awhile. It leaves no room for any new entities if we just keep bringing back the exact same teams game after game because some fans would complain.

Darkdrium777
25th August 2008, 03:18 AM
Where did I say we should drop them another time? What about keeping them? Can't we do that? ;) If they come back in the next Wipeout they should stay there for good I think.

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2008, 03:31 AM
It becomes harder for Studio Liverpool to acheive balance with the limited amount of parameters to measure performance if there's so many ships. They'd either have to add more areas (Aero, Mass, Weapon Power, Braking, etc.), or rate ships on a full scale of 1-10 (seeing a FEISAR with a "1" Top Speed instead of a "7".)

That's why from a developer's standpoint, it could make sense to cap the teams at maybe 12, or even cut teams from the list. At most 16 would work.

P52Smith
25th August 2008, 08:49 AM
RJ' O'Connell, despite seeing most teams repeatedly, if you look back over the series, you will see that many teams have sneaked in, and stayed such as piranha, triakis and harimau, and I can see mirage and EG-X staying.

While a bit of team rotation is annoying, it can keep fans interested with a 'have they brought back X this time' addiction, as well as 'I love this series too much', ie. more interest, more sales.

Some like G-Tech just didn't work but others are here to stay. Personally, I want van-uber and Tigron back, with fresh colours and a design reminiscent of their old ones.

RJ O'Connell
25th August 2008, 05:04 PM
That's okay too.

But keep in mind that there has to be an injection of new blood into the series too. Piranha in 2097, the "I-G-A" Alliance in Wipeout 3, Triakis in Pure...I'm not 100% against using all the old teams, but there better be room for new teams too! :g

Xavier
29th August 2008, 01:54 PM
I wonder if Wipeout will ever let you design your own craft, F-Zero GX style, and (unlike F-Zero, which used generated names) name it yourself. I really, really enjoyed making my own machines in that game and finding one that suited my driving perfectly.

Of course, if everyone is making their own teams, some of the continuity of the existing teams will fade since the really devoted players will have abandoned the established teams for their own customized ones. Maybe just the upgrades from Fusion, coupled with custom ship skins, would be a good compromise.

Or maybe they could keep all existing ships, but let you make your own face avatars to pilot them. The technology is here now. With this, you'd see the faces of your rivals when racing online, which would help you get to know them better. Add in live chat, and online racing would be un-put-down-able!

KIGO1987
29th August 2008, 02:00 PM
F-Zero.. Im tempted to find the SNES box and dust the old cartriges and put the original 1990 classic in for remincent sake. or what about some good old ridge racer:)

swift killer
1st September 2008, 03:05 PM
Some like G-Tech just didn't work but others are here to stay.

To me, g-tech was probably the worse ship in wipeout ever, the thing looked like a urinal put down flat.... look at the attached image, you may find it funny, if you dont, sorry for my crap humour :paperbag

mdhay
1st September 2008, 07:08 PM
LOL!:lol

RJ O'Connell
1st September 2008, 08:53 PM
G-Tech, if I recall, tried buying their way into good results ala Tigron during the F9000 and still didn't win a World Championship during that time.

When you fail to bribe your way to success, you fail at racing, period. :g

[/offtopic]

However, Tigron, Van-Uber and EG-X have remained fan favourites - Tigron had a nasty attitude and were a great "villain" team, Van-Uber has that indipendent spirit and were very effective in Pure, and EG-X have that winning pedigree, no-nonsense approach and a really good ship in Pulse. :+

Primal-Convoy
2nd September 2008, 03:51 PM
I want the original Amiga 500/1200 synth male voice to make a come-back darn-it!

"Missile!" "shield energy low"

I hate that annoying public school female voice saying "welcome to wipeout pulse"

grrrr

P52Smith
4th September 2008, 06:19 PM
Some like G-Tech just didn't work.
Having said that, it's always good to have someone you hate so that you can have a good go at blowing them up

Bring 'em on back!

Chill
4th September 2008, 07:05 PM
I want the original Amiga 500/1200 synth male voice to make a come-back darn-it!
"Missile!" "shield energy low"
I hate that annoying public school female voice saying "welcome to wipeout pulse"

Yet another idea... have a choice between the two...

GalacticSpartan
12th September 2008, 10:52 PM
And how much memory the game has ^^; could be around 8 to 10 I guess.

fusionfrenzy
13th September 2008, 10:59 PM
Feisar are a given, but aside from them, Auricom, Piranha, Gotekki 45 and Icaras are my only demands. Anything else is a bonus, really. I just cant imagine a Wipeout title without those teams, save for maybe Icaras- but Icaras are just too cool not to include.

Sausehuhn
14th September 2008, 05:05 PM
Never leave out AG-SYS and Qirex!

P52Smith
18th September 2008, 06:53 PM
My list of teams:

G-tech: Target practice
FEISAR: obvious
AG-Systems: Slowish but strong
Qirex: More like Pure's shape
Goteki 45: More like Pure's shape
Auricom: More of the same please
Mirage: A bit more realistic in terms of visibility
Piranha: Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Assegai: New shape would be nice (or at least a different colour scheme)
EG-X: FEISAR mk2
Triakis: Strong but a little slow off the mark (darker colours would be nice)
Harimau: Need more speed
Icaras: NOT PINK, good speed demon though (more balanced than Piranha)
Van-Uber: Looks too good to ignore
Tigron: Triakis' contender for strength
????: MediEvil (from Pure) style, 10 thrust; 10 speed; 9 handling; 5 shield

This is my list of 16 teams (no particular order) (require name to replace the '????'(any suggestions?))

swift killer
18th September 2008, 09:04 PM
I think Medievil was a on off to coinside with the psp game, they could include more bonus teams based on other Sony titles..... team Hellgast anyone? 8)

Or maybe a knitted Sackboy team, call it LittleBIGAGShip.

RJ O'Connell
19th September 2008, 02:10 PM
NOOOOO!!!! NO NO NO!!!!
I'm as strongly opposed to game tie-in ships as Lance is to double posting inside a 24 hour timeframe. :-

Do that and the list of WZ members swearing off the series will increase by 1.

ZenDJiNN
20th September 2008, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see a much improved Triakis (if such a thing is possible?). It's a great ship that just seems to be lacking something. The one in Pure is excellent!

Also an updated Icaras (with some choice of colour schemes) and an improved (less blocky) Goteki ......

Hmmm, just looked at the post from P52Smith and that's pretty spot on for me..... especially the bit about Piranha. Never much liked the Piranha. :)

Lance
20th September 2008, 10:08 PM
A non-blocky Go-Teki? :eek No way, dude. [breathes into paper bag to calm down. :paperbag :g

RJ O'Connell
21st September 2008, 04:29 AM
It sounds as crazy as a Qirex that turns decently.

wait...

cybrpnk
22nd September 2008, 10:18 AM
AG-Systems: Slowish but strong

??? I though this was the reverse in AG-5Y5's case...

SouthendRage
24th September 2008, 03:28 PM
I would like to see the return of Van-Uber in the next WipEout, I thought the ship in pure was awesome!
The only team I wouldn't mind giving up is Triakis, I know it's fast, but it's damn ugly :blarg

P52Smith
24th September 2008, 07:29 PM
I think Medievil was a on off to coinside with the psp game.

I mean a Medievil style ship, not the return of medievil

RJ O'Connell
24th September 2008, 09:37 PM
Which would be very jarring with WipEout themes...

Chill
25th September 2008, 08:35 AM
If medieval was made again, I think it should be re-named "like a new company takes over or whatever has to be done"... and it should be practically pure black with a lot of taring up to be the ultimate grunge Hardcore-metal type craft their is, with even like little rubber straps swinging from the bottom to give it that "gothic" feel... medieval was gothic, the next one should be hardcore gothics all the way!!! With like blades on the sides and stuff...

P52Smith
29th September 2008, 03:48 PM
I understand you, RJ O'Connell, but I was thinking a conventional ship combined with the MediEvil style of long thin edges.

I think dangly bits may be too hard for the PSP style processor.

drenath
15th October 2008, 01:01 AM
THE ITALIANS!!!!!!!!!!!
All in red and seriously fast.Assegai moves to Italia? I'd fly it.

ZenDJiNN
15th October 2008, 09:47 PM
I would like to see the return of Van-Uber in the next WipEout, I thought the ship in pure was awesome!
The only team I wouldn't mind giving up is Triakis, I know it's fast, but it's damn ugly :blarg

Dude!!! The Triakis ship in Pure is AWESOME!!! How can you say that? It's akin to Blasphemy!! :lol

I never liked the Triakis ships when i first tried Pure (then Pulse) but lately i've started using both the Triakis and the Goteki, more often. Triakis is a really good ship.... shame about the whole Camo thing going on, but apart from that.... it's great! TRIAKIS!! :rock

DJ Techno
16th October 2008, 02:59 AM
that

north america auricom
south america pirhana
europa (just another name for it) Feisar

alright... they stay where they are at. No mixing up. like eg r and xios or tigron and quirex seperated or put together as one.

leave goteki 45
BURIED!

Van Uber
BURIED!

ICARIS
Guess What... Al and everyone else...
BURIED!

And redesigning the Traxis ship...
from looking like three triangle shapes put together into. Something better

redesigning... if the Mirage comes back.
from looking like some arab towers top. to me it looks like that when u stand the ship upward. A bishops hat or if you play chess. Like the piece.

redesigning
Assegai
wipeout 3 design was great.
bring it back

redesigning all the tracks... so that their length. is more than or closer to a 2 mile length/width.
and actually putting the tracks off the anti gravity floor to the dirt. as some tracks were in fusion. in america and russia... vohl square and the other one i said. i forgot.

swift killer
18th October 2008, 07:41 PM
Many people will disagree heavily with you on that one, especially with Goteki45 and Icaras.

I agree with Triakis to some extent, but it be tri-hulled, you see where the Tri-akis came from?

I think Mirage was designed to resemble an arabic sword from the side view, I think it should look more blatantly arabic (not in a stereo typical or bad way).

mdhay
18th October 2008, 07:56 PM
Mirage looks more like a Mantis.

Re ship design:

Why is the cockpit always in the middle?
What happened to the WO3 Assegai?
It looked ace!

DJ Techno
20th October 2008, 06:18 AM
Many people will disagree heavily with you on that one, especially with Goteki45 and Icaras.

To anybody with a say about...

*shruggin both shoulders and the air, turn my head to the left*
--___-- (got time to hear ya and burn something when ya done...)
\
Mirage looking like a mantis?

I wouldn't even compare it with a Stormtroopers helmet from the series before New Hope...

That's right, about Assegia. Copyright infrig or something else. They couldn't use the design. It was done before Designer Republic/Psygnosis/whoever else quit and Studio Liverpool stepped in.
But me and you are right... Out of all the designs, aerodynamic looks, and tech.
That was the most best looking ship. And where was the countries origin...
Brother land! Africa!

No...Triakis. is Pure freakin a bother. like a nat getting swatted at with my fist.

eLhabib
20th October 2008, 07:51 AM
Uhm, what? :?

OBH
20th October 2008, 10:15 AM
Van-Uber were quality. Really were.

Though, more than reappearing teams id like to see the expanding ship models they used in fusion (except the but ugly all grey ones they used at the end). Version 3 of those ships were all quality. Just need to have the ships look more elaborate as the speed class increases and your done.

Lance
20th October 2008, 02:20 PM
That's right, about Assegia. Copyright infrig or something else. They couldn't use the design. It was done before Designer Republic/Psygnosis/whoever else quit and Studio Liverpool stepped in.

Mike, you should read the history of Psygnosis; except for WO3, and perhaps a port of WO2 made for Nintendo 64, all WipEout versions have been made at Studio Liverpool, and Sony owned controlling interest in Psygnosis in 1993 before the first WipEout was released. And for the record, one more time, Designer's Republic did nOt design the ships. And the Assegai design was always owned by Sony; it was created at another Sony-owned studio, Studio Leeds.

swift killer
23rd October 2008, 06:24 PM
I personally thought Mirage did look abit like Timmy from South Park

_glitch_
23rd October 2008, 08:32 PM
I am really bummed that Van-Uber isn't in Pulse... it's my favorite ship in Pure. It would be nice if they resurrected the team. In my opinion, it's the only team that was introduced in Fusion that's worth anything (I'm not much of a fan of EG.r/Xios/EG-X). Plus, I like how it flies. (That is the main thing anyway, right?)

_glitch_

DeaFen0
26th October 2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah... Mirage was weird, but in a good way. Anyways, if the handling is anything like I think it is, then it should DEFINATELY be in the next game. Just don't redesign it, it deserves a unique design.

DJ Techno
26th October 2008, 07:56 PM
Lance: the whole time i know about the story...

I'm just not going to give one bit of credit to them. Sony... they got to much anyway.

even if they own rights, copyright, pictures, anything. Not one bit of credit goes to them.

and it goes directly to the ones who did the work...
THE WORK!

Sony just signed their paychecks.

El...
I've hated assegai since 99
took a while and trial driving their stuff and still... when and even the soon to next wipeout.
That bloody ship. Should get a makeover that reminds itself of 2116... and their grand speech saying in Wipeout3.
Sucks the story i caught somewhere else. says the team got bought and still named by an outsource company.

poor sad.

And Mirage looks a bit like Timmy from South Park.... WHAT!

number 3... No more cooperate merged teams... No more splits
this isn't...
The Economy were all seeing today!

And Bring Back... A rival team... the Tetsuo twins... Bring back rivalary like that.

OBH
27th October 2008, 11:11 AM
yeeeeeaaaah nice to see someone else hating assegai :D
i only hate them cos im RUBBISH with them. but hey, thats a perfectly good reason!

Van-Uber were the first team i loved, strange i had to wait till fusion till i really developed a loyalty.

then harimau took over as van-uber got left behind.

Mad-Ice
27th October 2008, 07:38 PM
I still like the Goteki45 ship from Pure and the concept ship from Mirage in Pulse looks a bit like it. So I would like to see the Pulse concept ship from Mirage into the next Wipeout PS3.

Other concepts from Pulse that I liked more then the original were: Icaras and I am happy SL put it in HD now and Piranha concept was better then the original and I was disappointed SL did not put it into HD.

AG-systems concept was so different and daring and scary looking good and fast. I know it was already a concept in the time of Pure and I was happy to see it as a concept in Pulse but where is it now is HD?

Harimau in HD is finally looking like a real AG racer, sweet and slick!

trentdf
28th October 2008, 07:55 AM
i think they changed to the concept icarus because it looked a lot more the part of the fast ship with reasonable handlingand crap shields. Pirhana already fir its stats.
And with the mirage concept, i think it does look cool in game, but on the ship selection screen it was absolutely disgusting:blarg, so yeah, change the angle of looking at it.

darkfaerytales
28th October 2008, 09:31 PM
in my personal opinion i'm glad they put the pulse concept ship design of icaras in HD 'cause in pure/pulse the design it's just wrong for , of the 4 appereance the better are wo3 and HD

i haven't read entire thread, just a couple of posts, for respond at a couple of mates here:

swift killer, triakis is the name of the family of the tiger sharks , and means also three times in greek
i don't know for what of the 2 reason ( maybe both...) SL had choose the name, but remenber the tiger-shark thing seems to fit in what a sort of tiger-themed name tradition SL at some point has started ; tigron: a cross between a male tiger and a female lion ; harimau: malayan tiger

mdhay, you mean the cockpit of the one hull ships, because the twin hull ships has it always in the rear, from a realistic point of view thing upon what is the better position of view for a pilot inside a cockpit...

i'm all for the most lean ,aerodinamic and sleek design, and i wish the ships could be the longer possible and the cockpits the rear possible but if you want to mantain a certain credible, convincing, and realistic profile in the design...

DJ Techno
28th October 2008, 10:08 PM
Van-Uber were the first team i loved, strange i had to wait till fusion till i really developed a loyalty.

then harimau took over as van-uber got left behind.

Yeah ... keep loving them vacuum cleaners the team is really best at.

i bet the dyson vacuum was the idea design for hari/van ubus engine spec..

hahahahehe

what hasn't been really added to the game. and since its now at a two hundred so years of history racing...
when on fusion. the special tracks everyone played in the league mode. that gave u the pilots.
the track was made on an alien world.
but wheres a team, say, thats Alien.
something really new to add in something for only humans to be in.

Its a science fiction thing to me... so ya think about it.

Darkdrium777
29th October 2008, 01:08 AM
Aliens? No way. :-

OBH
29th October 2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah ... keep loving them vacuum cleaners the team is really best at.

i bet the dyson vacuum was the idea design for hari/van ubus engine spec..

hahahahehe
Thats fighting talk right there :)
**Remembers to add DJ Techno to friends list**

a spot of agression is in order i think :)

DJ Techno
29th October 2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah ? Dark

But yes way. Their should be a team not of earth.
It was in fusion that made a track on a alien, out of sol system environment, and out of that. Something should come from that.

Bring It On!
Vacuum cleaner.

( Oh and no more left junK, when I'm leaving talk about something and keep to being self when talking. And leave out whatever somebody needs to know.. I found this, had to do, with the talk in here. )

DeaFen0
3rd November 2008, 11:51 PM
Not regarding the last few comments (this is my first post here, so I have to stay as much on topic as possible), I'd have to say the teams I want to come back would be:

Auricom: Non-DLC for us Americans
Van-Uber: German supremacy in speed!
EG.X: I have little doubt this wont stay, but all the same I want it in!
Mirage: I'm doubtful of this mainly because a good portion of the community thought it was pretty ugly; stats keep it as a contender though
Triakis: It has a low fanbase, commonly thought of as a low quality ship, and a lack of love from the developers (little in-game advertising), but the stats tell little of the story, and this ship reigns supreme on Eliminator with a steady feel and a sense of invincibility
Harimau: A more solid Assegai, it seems to have a LOT of potential in Wipeout

Oh, and I think that aliens SHOULD NOT be allowed in Wipeout, due to the fact that the last thing we need is another cheap futuristic racer (looks back to an old and somewhat crappy future racer on PS2 with needleheaded aliens, whose game title I can't remember due to insignifigance)*shivers*.

RJ O'Connell
4th November 2008, 07:20 PM
DeaFen: I assume you haven't played Wipeout Pure? Triakis is a beast, albeit because of a programming glitch, but regardless - one of the best ships you can use, alongside AG-S, Van-Uber, and Goteki 45.

DeaFen0
4th November 2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I haven't played Pure, but I was talking about the Triakis in the newer HD and Pulse. Otherwise, you've got one heck of a beast!

RJ O'Connell
5th November 2008, 03:21 PM
Personally, I don't have to worry about Triakis not returning - they've established themselves as a very popular heavyweight, sure in Pulse they were awful but the fact they were so far above the rest of the field in Pure will keep them around for a long time.

That and their menacing ship designs. Just as long as they don't keep that camo motif :-

Maschinengeist
5th November 2008, 08:35 PM
+1 for Harimau...I like to use them, too, even though their stats are a bit underwhelming...identical to Assegai, only weaker in one area. :|

I use them quite a bit, though, along with Feisar, Assegai, Icaras, Piranha, Triakis, Quirex, and Auricom...ok, so I use all of them, really; it's nice to have something different now and then...I just have my favourites.

I'd definitely like to see them in the next installment, though.

Also...I hope this isn't redundant, but...what happened to Tigron that they can't be included due to the storyline? I looked around, but I can't find anything on that...

Darkdrium777
5th November 2008, 10:53 PM
Tigron went bankwrupt no? The story for PurE is that it's an old model of the ship restored for races. Same with Van Uber. They were bought by other teams, can't remember which though.

PS: That's a big AFAIK on my part, correct me if I'm wrong.

RJ O'Connell
6th November 2008, 04:33 AM
I think I read somewhere that Wolfgang Van-Uber was still in charge of the FX300 team. Maybe they just didn't have the funds to move to the 350 and 400 leagues?

rdmx
6th November 2008, 04:43 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the Van-Uber craft was made entirely out of Edam cheese?

On topic: I remember that 'placeholder' sign for Van-Uber somewhere in a HD preview video. Tigron has been written out of the story but I can't see why someone can't revive it for whatever reason.

RJ O'Connell
6th November 2008, 06:28 AM
Nothing that says some wealthy trillionaire Russian can't revive the Tigron name and start making new ships in the future.

Asayyeah
6th November 2008, 08:05 PM
Oh, and I think that aliens SHOULD NOT be allowed in Wipeout

Damn :(

What kind of aliens are you referring?

Human Aliens : those who can spot insane zone mode scores or other infamous TT/SR ones?
Negcon Aliens : those with 10 fingers per hand twisting their precious toy ?
Or simply Ship Aliens : those crafts like Medievil from Wipeout Pure.

:g

swift killer
8th November 2008, 02:26 PM
What WipEout needs is an Indian team called 'Asoka' (look it up on wikipedia) avoiding typical stereotypes ofcourse.

Also, a Finish team loosly based on Kimi Raikkonen would be nice.

Lance
8th November 2008, 04:39 PM
You know that if a team based in India ever shows up, they will name it either Kali or Siva, or if they know a bit more, perhaps Agni.

swift killer
9th November 2008, 03:37 PM
It depends on what SL want to embody in the team interms of the teams attitude, Siva and Kali are good for a desctructive present, for a more good natured team you could use Krishh or Bheem or Bhishma. A name in Sanskrith would be the best option. Maybe 'Narayana'.

Maschinengeist
10th November 2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks, Dark...I'd like to see them make a comeback myself; I just picture the same thing that happened to TVR happening to them...minus the Russian brat selling them in less than a year because they couldn't finish the move to Russia and start making money yet. :|

Here's another thought: craft owned by a massive corporation, rather than based in a country...granted, they're all owned by some sort of country or company, but what about craft owned by some sort of 'corporate state/country'? Maybe one who bought Tigron or Van Uber's physical and intellectual property on which to base their own craft?

I'm thinking something along the lines of G Police, where those two corporations pretty much ran everything...if I recall, their names were Krakov and Nanosoft? Just some food for thought... :)

Lance
10th November 2008, 04:06 PM
Re: TVR
I wish Peter Wheeler had never sold the company.

The original Cerbera [with the full single bulb headlights] is one of my alltime favourite cars.

I'd like to see the anti-gravity equivalent of that car. Come to think of it, an Icaras is not too far off that. Simple, light, speedy. Very purist in design philosophy.

RJ O'Connell
10th November 2008, 09:47 PM
Then again, I happen to like the Sagaris, a car that some would fittingly say looks like it's been designed with a battle axe. ;)

Icaras: Who needs shields, when you can literally outrun everything? :g

Lance
10th November 2008, 11:01 PM
Battle axe? hm... Sorta like Frank Gehry's buildings that look like they were designed with metal shears and aluminum sheet. Oh, wait....

[is somewhat doubtful of Gehry's genius and aesthetic excellence]

swift killer
11th November 2008, 10:34 AM
You could have a team named after one of the TVR cars.... other than Tuscan and Griffith (inless it was a welsh team) I would love to see a Greek team called Cerbera, which takes it's name from Cerberus.

Don't known what nation a team called 'Sagaris' would come from though...

If there was a Swiss AG team, im guessing their logo would be in Helvetica and their livery would be post-modernism, lol

Lance
11th November 2008, 02:32 PM
Victorinox

RJ O'Connell
11th November 2008, 05:47 PM
I'll never consider Switzerland for a Wipeout team until they overturn the circuit racing ban. The Pierre Levegh crash was 53 years ago, folks.

[/offtopic]

Any existing teams that could use a total overhaul that you know of, 'Zone?

(hey, second green square! :g)

Lance
11th November 2008, 08:29 PM
Since even Mercedes, the team that "Levegh" [it was a pseudonym] drove for in that race, has been back racing [sorta] for several years, one would think that Switzerland could allow road course racing again.

swift killer
12th November 2008, 05:28 PM
What do you expect from a government which has a ban on spoilers?

darkfaerytales
13th November 2008, 08:55 PM
reading some posts i've understand that one of the major concern of some people is that teams cannot be more of around twelve at a time for avoiding the unbalance risks and to some teams to enter own fingers in the steps of others, so to speak

my personal oppinion is that they must keep all the teams, it's relative simple just adding one or two stats in new wipeouts can lead to more combination...

and most important keeps fingers crossed for not another fusion.

just rid off that camo motif out of triakis, please

and slim down some " fat asses "

swift killer
16th November 2008, 05:21 PM
I agree, Triakis is the worst offender in terms of visual looks.

adelheid
18th November 2008, 03:30 PM
I still think we need a lunar team...

btw: How do airbrakes work on the moon?

Lance
18th November 2008, 06:12 PM
They just make them so massive that moving a brake forward around its pivot point produces a reactive movement in the main ship mass that sums as a resultant yaw in the direction of the side the actuated brake is on, thus turning the ship. This will still be quite effective, but using both brakes at equal deflection at the same time just to slow the ship down would produce only a brief 'instantaneous' effect during the duration of the brake movement, but no sustained braking without an atmosphere to produce actual drag resistance.

Darkdrium777
19th November 2008, 03:42 PM
Or the ship would just nose up quickly and stay stuck there because of the sudden change in the center of mass from the middle of the ship to the extreme back end. :O

Lance
19th November 2008, 06:02 PM
:redface::redface:The brakes could be made symmetrical by having their pivot axes next to each other at or near the fore-and-aft axis of vertical and horizontal mass and simultaneously being made long on their pivot axis, but short in the motion arc. The extra reaction mass required to be effective would be achieved almost entirely by increased thickness of the moving element plus using a denser material.

But I'd rather just go with steering thrusters. :D
They reduce total ship mass even allowing for weight of extra fuel, and therefore allow greater acceleration.

uhh... What was the topic of this thread? :redface:

swift killer
20th November 2008, 08:50 PM
Read the FAQ! lol :P joking

I have no idea Lance! 0_o ... you confused me.... i need to lie down!

darkfaerytales
21st November 2008, 08:25 AM
most important thing of all , in future never been there again any stupid f-zeroesque star wars scud moron design

just hope everyone at SL had learned from fusion experience and will preserve the way they had get in therms of design in the later games expecially HD

P52Smith
21st November 2008, 05:44 PM
Also, note in fusion that some of the pilot's cockpits are postitioned to the side.
This would move the ship's centre of mass off centre and cause a nasty tilt to one side, causing the ship to constantly fly in a curve.
This would also hinder targeting and lining up corners on the other side of the ship. ie. cockpit on left, do left hand corners a little easier, but right hand corners are hidden from pilot's view.
Stick to central positioning.

Lance
21st November 2008, 06:09 PM
The off-center cockpit could result, depending on the nature of the machinery, in being either overly light on that side or overly heavy, but could be exactly counterbalanced in either case by placement of compensating masses, and/or variance of the anti-gravity generators density of placement or localised intensity of output power. The asymmetry of the frontal area would be irrelevant when there is no atmosphere.

darkfaerytales
22nd November 2008, 09:54 AM
...but most important thing of all

cockpit to the side SUCKS!!!

the only and one who could work was the wo3 assegai

definitely asymetry is not for wipeout

in the end i think major issue regarding fusion cockpits is that some of them was open, just stupid thing in practical and aesthetic therms

how could you race in a thing tha thouch 1300 km/h which is subject ,only god knows,under how many G of repeatedly accelerations-decelations , in a single seat open cockpit
HOW SILLY...

RJ O'Connell
22nd November 2008, 05:43 PM
Piranha still managed to be aerodynamic with a targa top in Fusion...and their pilots (as well as those for Auricom and G-Brick) seemed to handle it well. I doubt after the Temtesh Bay Disaster we'll see another open cockpit AG ship for racing though.

Lance
22nd November 2008, 09:39 PM
I wonder what the pilot's safety harness would look like in a WO Fusion-style open cockpit racecraft. Inverse G-forces going off a jump would be nothing compared to contact with other ships or immovable walls.

swift killer
24th November 2008, 07:28 PM
Lemans cars have been known (untill recent years) to be unsemmetrical without destroying the weight balance, so i'm guessing it can be done with the ships.

Also, what about wings that slope up instead of down? Wingless flight theory in WipEout would be cool.

DJ Techno
4th December 2008, 07:51 PM
oh come on, the same thing pilots in racing for the next wipeout. their going to be strapped into the seats by either old fashion material that looks 200 year new. or something they can put in a video.

where a pilot is jumping, getting into the cockpit. after he puts the helmet on, theirs a light that goes on. and it turns the seat just clamps onto the pilot. by either gravity pull or something else.

Harness get replaced, technology got better, the buckle your seatbelt is dead

TheFrostE
13th December 2008, 11:13 PM
id actually like to see names for pilots and two different ships for each team, like the old days

Dusk118
13th December 2008, 11:32 PM
I'd like to see Icaras again, only looking a little less pink and a little more red. And also looking more like the FX400 ship.

RJ O'Connell
15th December 2008, 06:51 PM
id actually like to see names for pilots and two different ships for each team, like the old days
Another one on the bandwagon! :g

swift killer
18th December 2008, 05:59 PM
A ship which is a reference to Event Horizon..... why not eh?

KIGO1987
19th December 2008, 04:48 AM
Triakis is a good ship, it was at its best back in Pure, but itll be good to see it in again in future titles, this times with max sheilds and max top end speed. And a tad better acceleration, then itll be the ship of choice for.

Some new ships in future titles would be good. Maybe a ship for the huge Wipeout Fanatic French population, (a long overdue item of interest for them) maybe that ship could feature the Citroen double Chevron logo on the front of it too:g

Ethil
20th December 2008, 11:42 AM
Some new ships in future titles would be good. Maybe a ship for the huge Wipeout Fanatic French population, (a long overdue item of interest for them) maybe that ship could feature the Citroen double Chevron logo on the front of it too:g

LMAO
I'd never play with a Citroen ship xD. You know, even though it's a French brand, we don't like it a lot. Those cars are....well...*cough* UGLY *cough*.

RJ O'Connell
21st December 2008, 01:00 AM
At least their rally program is awesome. Now with Subaru and Suzuki leaving the WRC they'll have even less competition.

KIGO1987
24th December 2008, 02:56 AM
Shame Subaru left the competition, damn fine rally cars they are, just needed a decent driver to drive them. Those older Subaru's just dont die, they fly like an AG-SYS too, lol, i know:g

RJ O'Connell
24th December 2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe Auricom's Canadian division can split off and form a new team?

KIGO1987
24th December 2008, 02:27 PM
A ship that runs on maple syrup would keep the greenies happy

RJ O'Connell
24th December 2008, 02:49 PM
Their pilots are retired mounties and their corporate sponsors are Tim Horton's, CBC, Home Hardware, Bell, and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Eh? :g

DJ Techno
25th December 2008, 08:12 PM
A ship which is a reference to Event Horizon..... why not eh?

you must like watching that movie?

and maple syrup?

maybe the ships engines will turn from turbine use to straight...something from star track, babylon 5, a new trail of flames that will show after the vehicle is passing your naked eye

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 04:40 PM
A really small-budgeted independent team that runs a ship that looks like it's spent years in a scrap heap...but when it gets on the track it's just killer.

KIGO1987
28th December 2008, 07:23 PM
I can tell your a NASCAR fan RJ:g

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 08:53 PM
Well, that's kind of what Van-Uber are.

I always get a giggle out of James May saying that Alabama is the heartland of NASCAR when all the drivers nowadays are from California and all the teams are based in North Carolina, neither of which are a short drive from Alabama...hehe.

But yes, I am a fan, but it's not my absolute favourite style of racing.