PDA

View Full Version : what kind of people are we?

username
15th September 2006, 07:54 PM
i am wondering what styles of people do we have here at wipeoutzone?
for eg: goth, emo, nerd (not dork kind, i mean nerd styl clothes like 'im with stupid', and arrow pointing up lol) or just plain normal!

ill start - i am kind of gothic style (but still need to get lip peirced lol)

Lion
15th September 2006, 08:26 PM
if I am to pigeonhole myself, then the primary category or label I'd apply to myself is "Geek", or if you wanted to narrow that further I am a computer geek.
at least amongst my circles of friends it's fine to be a geek, but we try to avoid becoming nerds - there is a difference.

username
15th September 2006, 09:01 PM
to be honest i am a bit of a computer freek too ;) but i keep it under control easily lol. nothing to b ashamed of ;)

Lion
15th September 2006, 09:09 PM
but i keep it under control easily lol.
I currently have 6 computers (2 x86 PCs, 2 ppc macs, and 2 x86 laptops) in my room
there's a total of 1080Gb of storage, (plus USB drives) and my LCD is worth more than my car :p
I don't keep it under control quite so well ;)

stin
15th September 2006, 09:10 PM
LOL!, interesting topic!

I`m more like a super ordinary guy which woman has no interest in me! but I`m not a geek or other wise! I`m more like a typical pUrEgOlfEr!

stevie:D

Zerow
15th September 2006, 10:23 PM
I am my own individual. I don't consider myself to be any of these 'types' of people, nor do I like being called any of them.

Asayyeah
15th September 2006, 11:37 PM
i keep it under control easily
Lol not really my case due to i am a wipeout freak and can't control my Wipeout addiction :robot

:guitar Le freak c'est chic :guitar

Shem
16th September 2006, 05:55 AM
Arnaud, you know, that song 'Le Freak' (by Chic) had different original lyrics from what you hear in the song now ? The story is that in the 70's the band couldn't get into Studio54 club in New York, although their songs were quite popular at the time. The bouncer didn't recognize the band (they weren't recognized notoriously) , so they went back to their hotel and wrote a song titled '**** off!'. The song became popular in the underground and was played in Studio54 anyway, but eventually they had to change the lyrics cause it was too popular! Yeah, i'm full of that kind of useless facts.

Anyway, back on topic:

My style...
Mix King Ad Rock's (Beastie Boys) style from the early 90's : watch 'So watcha Want' clip to find out, Jules Winfiled beard : i always have either a goatee or beard variations. Frequently wearing a cap. Always with a backpack when downtown. I can't be put in a box with my 'style'. The least i can say is that i'm the child of the 90's and i'm loving it :)

username
16th September 2006, 10:29 AM
some interesting replies! keep em coming!

Asayyeah
16th September 2006, 12:34 PM
i'm full of that kind of useless facts. :)

thanks a lot for that sweet info Shem i didn't knew that before.

Mad-Ice
17th September 2006, 12:52 PM
I am a spiritual scamp, a hippie lost in time!

Chill
17th September 2006, 05:59 PM
If you wanna know more about me, just go to my site. It's on myspace, you know... I wear regular clothes... not to tight, not too baggy, but baggy enough. Baggy is good, just not like XXXL baggy, know what I mean?!! :D
Just click on me, and click on "Visit Chill's homepage". :D

jospicy
17th September 2006, 09:00 PM
i have to admit that i am far worse than Lion in terms of thecnology in my room (i recently aquired a quad PIII Xenon server to go with my physical encyclopedia of computing) but as a computing student i can get away with that
then there is the other side of me that leans towards the skater style of dress and then you have the fact that while i was out i met a mate who's comment was "you look like Jesus..." lets say that the last photo of me that was floating round is currently totally inaccurate
if i haad to put myself into some form of social class i would have to come under the Eccentric individual class because that is as close to the truth as you can get

JABBERJAW
18th September 2006, 01:13 AM
used to be an athelete, now kinda just a xc runner and an xc skier. Too many pulled hammys playing bball. Former wipeout addict. Hopefully I'll have a relapse when the kids get old enough.

exarkann
19th September 2006, 10:27 PM
former raver/semi goth/moderatly urban(but not getto)/geek/with neo-hippie mindset

so i have no idea what that makes me.

username
19th September 2006, 10:37 PM
lol many different types there lol!

q_dmc12
20th September 2006, 04:11 AM
i am wondering what styles of people do we have here at wipeoutzone?
for eg: goth, emo, nerd (not dork kind, i mean nerd styl clothes like 'im with stupid', and arrow pointing up lol) or just plain normal!

ill start - i am kind of gothic style (but still need to get lip peirced lol)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4972/3daimgeniusek1.gif q_dmc12:p

I'm a lazy, 'jack of all trades' in training.8)

PS> This may help: http://www.frappr.com/wipeoutzone

Smoothly Does It
20th September 2006, 02:44 PM
I am a very disturbed young man, my brain won't switch off, my only outlet is art, the home planet of which i am indefinitely in orbit of.

Aside from that I spend all of my time doing anything to make me feel happy (not easy!) I currently smile at everyone I see in case they smile back and i'm wearing my shoulder-length hair in pig tails... oh and I have a Becks beard/moustache! :nod I look kinda like Frank Zappa at the moment as a result.

What's the ugliest part of your body? 8)

Rapier Racer
20th September 2006, 11:41 PM
Let’s see I can’t put myself in a box as such, wear jeans t shirt sometimes hooded top with skulls on, like a wide variety of music none better than trance though :nod for a label I would saaaay, person who has an unhealthy obsession with a fictitious racing team of which I have several little pictures on my wardrobe http://www.geocities.com/songen_grey/assegai_icon.jpg http://www.geocities.com/songen_grey/assegai_icon.jpg http://www.geocities.com/songen_grey/assegai_icon.jpg

piranha wiper
22nd September 2006, 02:39 PM
didnt know u wore hoodies stephen, i would say a ninja joiner lol, other than that a normal person, i wear anyhitng thats confortable, sometimes a slevless for lifting weights

Riccardo Raccis
23rd September 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm a metalhead (http://www.raccisworld.com/chi_eng.htm).

http://www.raccisworld.com/concerning_internet_3.gif

And somewhat of a reformed nerd :rock

ace-of-spades
24th September 2006, 03:16 PM
Im a 50's rocker, obsessed with rock&roll and motorcycles, and a student.

I dont really play many other computer games than Wipeout 3 and one or two others, although i dont have a PS in my house at the moment so im not playing anything other than Animal Crossing on the Gamecube.

eLhabib
25th September 2006, 10:57 PM
I'd describe myself as the typical surfer/snowboarder dude with a soft touch of both punk and hip hop clothing style and an obsession with strong loud colors (means you'll never see me wearing 'beige', 'khaki', or 'olive'), oh and I LOVE wristbands.
and yes, I am a bit of a diva ;)

Shem
27th September 2006, 02:53 PM
Hey, Riccardo! Has anyone told you that you look like Tom Rowlands (Chemical Brothers) Dude (uhmm, expression...), dude, if you lived near me, i'd take a pic with you, and hung it right next to my Dig Your Own Hole poster. That'd be cool, Chemical Brothers budget version fan I am, yes! hehe

chri5
28th September 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm into electronic music, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, most of the Warp type stuff. I'm also a network administrator so I guess you could call me one of those geeky types!

Riccardo Raccis
28th September 2006, 02:51 PM
Budget Tom Rowlands :D They never called me that :o

il_NIK
28th September 2006, 03:15 PM
I love all music, but above all, the electronic ones and new rock.

FLUKE, Linkin Park over all.:clap

I'm a sportsman above all, an ex sportsman must be the definition. Lovin life, women :D , and every day I live.

And Wipeout, naturally :+

andy
28th September 2006, 06:44 PM
I like mostly D'n'B, breaks and all the trancey dancey stuff. Don't know what that makes me? I'm just one of those people who just fades into the background - nothing distinctive about me.

Lance
28th September 2006, 08:27 PM
Oh, me too. I'm shy, reserved, quiet, don't have an opinion of my own and terribly reluctant to express one, no matter how uncontroversial it may be, almost inarticulate, really. No interest at all in things mechanical, and I'm afraid of computers. I'm also very uncompetitive. {Did I mention that last night I took one and a half seconds off my previous fastest lap in the original GT on Deep Forest. Now in the low 1:06s for the flying start [and standing start lap of 1:10.469]}{I was driving so badly that I messed up in three places during the lap record, so I know 1:05s are possible, if not even better.}{I really should start playing Wipeout x again now that we have the new tables structure.} And I am always so understanding and kind and gentle when posters go offtopic or are uncivilised to each other. So now you have some idea of what I'm like. :)

Hellfire_WZ
28th September 2006, 08:50 PM
21 year old astrophysics graduate/unemployed/metalhead/football nutter/guide writer who has a very good knowledge of computer hardware and is a long-term Wipeout fan. I have a good relationship with computers in that I can get them to work with threats of physical violence. I like the drink as well, reliably assured by my girlfriend that I'm a good dancer when pissed :p

eLhabib
29th September 2006, 01:31 AM
sounds like a job application to me ;)

infoxicated
29th September 2006, 10:49 AM
I don't really fit into a specific demographic, myself, despite the fact I live in an average house in an average neighbourhood, and drive an average car. I like all kinds of music (http://www.last.fm/user/infoxicated/), I like motorsports - especially IndyCar Racing, I like the NFL - more specifically the Chargers, and I like video games - Wipeout, GTA, and "pure" racing games, preferably (not elastic AI style racing games). I'm quite into computers and gadgets, and I quite like tennis and skateboarding when I get the chance to do either.

I guess there isn't much to tell that's out of the ordinary. Some people think the whole Wipeout thing is a bit unusual, I guess - not many people are driven to create a fan community when they like something, so maybe that's my unique quirk.

Dominator
30th September 2006, 10:37 AM
I thank the stars for your unique quirkiness Rob!! :nod :D

Captain Q
8th October 2006, 03:25 PM
In secondary school I hated being labeled or pigeonholed, and I'm still reluctant to get into it because I believe many people have hidden aspects that suddenly make them not belong so much to the subculture they seem/want to belong to.

I am a social person. I like to go to bars, eat, party, see interesting cities, etc. I've also been involved in numerous clubs and organisations, mostly at one point or another in management positions, which shows a second trait of my character. I am very ambitious, and I am also very political. I think a lot about the world around us, and where it's going in terms of economics and geopolitics.

Foremost I think I'm a writer. I'm both a poet and a prozaist, but I've also written essays, columns and made numerous useless fanfic projects. That relates to my other love: games. Games (and literature) I love most is both rich and rational. I am an MTG player, I'm a wipEout player, I'm a Risk player, and I immensely like fighting games.

So the first part may read as the description of an outgoing person, the second one would be more that of an introverted person. My biggest problem is to keep it all together. I can't be pigeonholed, but I can't be everything at once. Too bad! :)

Chill
9th October 2006, 06:52 PM
Just a thought on your post, Capt. Q, ever written out ideas for video game possibilities... I've found it very fun sitting down listening to music and writing out possible plots and backstories for possible games... just a thought...

Captain Q
22nd October 2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I did, ever since I was a kid. I would really love writing backstories for games, but usually that role is filled by a programmer with a hobby, not by someone they specifically hire for that task. Also, I would be too much of a Kubrick and try to get involved on all levels :-D.

andy
22nd October 2006, 08:01 PM
Since I last posted here a while ago, I've recently started skateboarding:D.
Not a mosher or one of those skating stereotypes tho.

infoxicated
23rd October 2006, 05:37 PM
That's okay, me either.

Which only makes me stand out like a sore thumb when I do go skateboarding.

mclarensmps
15th November 2006, 05:25 PM
lol i can just put in some points about me, then the rest of you can put the pieces together:

- Usually reserved and quiet, but /WILL/ fight for what is right (generally more for others than myself)
- LOVES cars and motorracing (but not the Oval racing type), i.e a general Petrolhead (I hate ALL FERRARI's except the new 599GTB, and the Testarossa, favourite cars: All Mercedes, except the C, B and A; love Porsches, love the Zonda)
- Am into a few videogames, my PC is used for World of Warcraft (mclarensmps on server Gorgonnash, 60 priest, 60 hunter -obdnt is the name), i buy playstations just for Gran Turismo and Wipeout. Obsessed with all 3 of these games, WoW used to kill my social life but i've learned to make a routine such that i don't play it excessively anymore. Beating my own records, and getting all golds in liscences is all i use GT for, i'd rather play with a controller than a wheel, just because im lazy.
- Am a musician of sorts, making progressive, breakbeat, chillout, and soundtracky atmospheric tunes. Currently getting my hands dirty with mixing (Ableton Live 6 user) but failing miserably heheh.
- Can sorta play the guitar, can't be bothered to learn music theory.
- Music I listen to: Progressive house, Breakbeat, Trance, House, a few artists in Industrial, a few in Techno, Mogwai (I categorize them on their own heh), Blues, Jazz, Easy listening, Chillout, Ambient, U2, a few other rock bands, and generally music that is pleasing to the ear. If it is melodic i will probably like it.
- I generally wear casual clothing, i'd rather collect shoes than anything else, Aasics and Onitsuka are my general brand of choice.
- I LOVE GOLF, even thoguh i only started this year, it is pretty much the most addictive game (sport if you wanna call it that, but it's more of a game to me heheh) you can ever get your head into.
- I am a student of Graphics design, generally i love sketching out cars and things, but i love brand identity creation.
- My work is always switching, but i would take a desk job working on a computer over anything else.
- I'm also into computers to the point of i would rather build my own, and use the components of my choice rather than have one premade for me. I'm not hardcore into computers, but enough such that i would upgrade my machine every 12 to 18 months in order to keep it up-to-date.

Medusa
29th November 2006, 05:06 AM
No label need apply to me...I love my electric Godin guitar, listen to everything from Maria Callas to the Weakerthans to Wilf Carter(aka Montana Slim) to Sinead o'Connor to Biosphere to Marsha and the Muffins.
Football is the beautiful game and Zidane is still the god of the game to me, although being a Canadian I am forced to have a mild addiction to hockey (go Montreal!!)
I drive a 4-door sedan which I hate but don't care since I can come home to my good old psone and race the bejesus out of Wipeouts one, XL and 3...still undecided about investing in a PSP...