PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile Hunter

JABBERJAW
4th September 2006, 01:24 PM
Died of stingray barb to his heart. I really enjoyed his shows. Very unfortunate and unlucky, but I guess it was bound to happen by something that didn't seem like a huge threat. Stingrays are very poisoness but rarely sting supposedly.

Hellfire_WZ
4th September 2006, 01:53 PM
Real shame, his shows were some of the most enjoyable I've seen. And as you say, very unlucky, I think it was reported that this was only the second or third fatality in Austrailian history involving a stingray. Apparently it wasn't the sting that killed him, he had a heart attack from the puncture wound.

eLhabib
4th September 2006, 01:59 PM
WHAAAAT?! Oh my god, I can't believe it! Steve was like a hero of the real world! Shame really.

infoxicated
4th September 2006, 02:34 PM
It's really tragic - he was a great character who did so much work for the environment, and to protect crocodiles. I wasn't a fan of the way he hammed it up for the cameras, but the passion he had for wildlife was undeniable.

The world's a sadder place without a guy like Steve Irwin in it. :(

Lance
4th September 2006, 08:11 PM
I loved that guy; he had such enthusiasm. He really knew how to LIVE. He lived more in his 44 years than I have in my 63, and more even than if I lived to be a hundred. Miss him already.

Dominator
4th September 2006, 08:31 PM
Steve Irwin was a top bloke, he will surely be missed by all :(

Chill
4th September 2006, 08:36 PM
Well, I couldn't say that he didn't have a full life, because he really did know how to live man!!! That guy had so much joy for wildlife, I could feel it just watching him!!! That's why he got so big, and the ability to put all your feeling out like that is just incredible!!! Out into everyones hands!!! He WILL be missed by all...

JABBERJAW
4th September 2006, 10:52 PM
I saw him at a celebrity show where everyone was really dressed up, but he was still dressed in the same stuff, awesome. everyone was trying to talk to him more than anyone else

Airrider
5th September 2006, 01:50 AM
*salutes* Man, the guy was an idol. He single-handedly revived the wildlife TV show.
*four Zone ships fly in missing-man formation down a straightaway*

Zerow
5th September 2006, 10:30 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this news. Like Lance said, he had enthusiasm beyond quite possibly everyone else in the world, and his shows were always entertaining.

ace-of-spades
6th September 2006, 06:09 PM
You know only three people have ever been killed by stingrays in Australia? And he is the third. He was incredibly unlucky.

eLhabib
7th September 2006, 10:06 AM
well, seeing as he was a total daredevil and always pushing it to the limits, he probably had it coming sooner or later. They said stingrays don't sting unless you get VERY close and don't read their signs, so Steve probably just pushed too far on this one. Still bad luck it caught him right in the heart! Everywhere else wouldn't necessarily be fatal.

infoxicated
7th September 2006, 10:10 AM
Apparently it was the camera man in front of the stingray that caused it to freak out - with Steve so close behind it and the camera man in front, they think it felt boxed in and that's why it attacked.

It is just really bad luck - like you said, if it had caught him in the arm the venom isn't strong enough to kill. But you only get one ticker.

username
16th September 2006, 10:34 AM
real shame, im really gonna miss him. he was one of the ppl i could see on tv an would make me laugh without being on a cheesy canned laughter show. and i learned abaout interesting animals at the same time!
cant believe hes gone forever - never gona hear tht 'crikey mate!' the same way ever again :( ... to Steve *raises a glass of bubbly*