PDA

View Full Version : new pure addict

Tomahawk
22nd August 2006, 07:26 PM
I must confess I didn't pay much attention to the pure forums until now, but this has changed. I just couldn't resist any longer and bought a brand new psp and wipeout pure (european version) last week. After playing the game for the first time last weekend I'm now totally addicted to it! I had some problems at first getting used to all the new techniques like sideshifting, barrel rolls and weapon absorb. I absorbed my first three turbos cause I pressed circle instead of square during the heat of the race... :paperbag It also took me quite a while to get used to the d-pad again. I got hold of a negcon controller last year and since then I've never played wipeout without it... Especially in the faster race classes - I'm right now ploughing my way through rapier with triakis - I wish that I could use my trusted neggy to play this great game... The new racetrack's and ship's designs are just... awesome. The graphics and effects are really stunning, too. Waaay better than I would've expected from a "tuned and flattened ps1".;) I'm really looking forward to the new pure time tables. I can't wait to see how good my times really are. :banzai

It'll take me some time now to browse through the wz forums and see what else this astonishing little piece of technology called psp can do and how you get the downloads at the pure site to work. My pc always crashes (reboots) when I'm starting a download from yourpsp.com...

Cheers people, I hope I didn't bore anybody, but I just had to tell you all my first impressions of the game... Keep on racing till the eyes bulge out of their sockets...:o

lunar
22nd August 2006, 08:46 PM
Good for you, Tomahawk, I`m pleased for you. I love this game so of course I want everyone else to love it too. ;) Like you I found it way better than expected. I was a bit sceptical about how a game like this could ever work on the psp, and at first I found it all a bit cramped, but I soon got used to it and don`t notice the small scale now.

Maybe the easiest way for you to get the downloads would be via the ingame download feature. Just find wireless internet access somewhere and you`ll have them all pretty fast. Imo the best track designs are all in the downloads - gamma, omega and delta. These are seriously exciting. :banzai

And about the d-pad.... you could always use the nub. In the long run I was smoother with it, but it does seem a personal choice and one is not any better than the other, imo, except the d-pad allows you to do a BR when you are under autopilot. Whatever, keep having fun. :)

infoxicated
23rd August 2006, 08:54 AM
I'd agree with what Lunar said about the in-game method of downloading - it's the best way to get the downloads.

(Besides, I made the little site, so I'm biased! ;) )

Glad you finally picked one up, Tom. :+

Asayyeah
23rd August 2006, 05:22 PM
Tom, now you have 329 Golds to reach + reading all the millions of threads ( billions of posts :cowboy )done into WZ Pure forum + download & upload all your TT ghosts + find a way to meet us online with Xlink Kai ...

For all of this i wish you good lück :D

q_dmc12
23rd August 2006, 09:23 PM
...Like you I found it way better than expected. I was a bit sceptical about how a game like this could ever work on the psp, and at first I found it all a bit cramped, but I soon got used to it and don`t notice the small scale now....

Heh, as far as handhelds go I was used to playing on a gameboy (the old gb) so the screen size was an upgrade for me :)

BTW, welcome to the forums....again:dizzy

Dominator
23rd August 2006, 10:33 PM
the d-pad allows you to do a BR when you are under autopilot. :)

Thanks lunar :) i didn't know this could be done :redface: ...i really should get out more often...

Zerow
23rd August 2006, 11:28 PM
Congrats on introducing yourself to the delights of Pure, Tomahawk! :+

Tomahawk
24th August 2006, 01:14 PM
Maybe the easiest way for you to get the downloads would be via the ingame download feature. Just find wireless internet access somewhere and you`ll have them all pretty fast. Imo the best track designs are all in the downloads - gamma, omega and delta. These are seriously exciting. :banzai

Thanks for the advice lunar and infox. I found out that we have a free wlan hotspot at our airport in nuernberg. I'll try to download all the packs there on saturday. Do I need to know anything else to be able to download the stuff? I'm not exactly somebody you could call a computerfreak (at least not anymore)... The last time I did some programming myself was 13 years ago on my good old amiga 1200. :pc Since then I haven't spent much time in updating my knowledge about computer technology. That's why I'd appreciate every little piece of help I can get.

Asayyeah, I'll try to get Xlink Kai running until the end of the year. I read through the Xlink Kai thread in the forums and I don't think I'll have the money to buy the new hardware I need or the time to install all the stuff until then... But I'm really looking forward to join you guys online!

I got my 60th gold medal yesterday evening and finally unlocked the classic tournaments. Yay!!! :hyper Thanks for all your good wishes fellow wipers. See you soon in the new records tables!