PDA

View Full Version : 2006-08-14: Old asayyeah appointed Moderator status

infoxicated
14th August 2006, 12:25 PM
Arnaud / Old asayyeah's legendary status at the top of the time tables, and his enthusiastic travels to meet other pilots, should give an indication of his standing within the community here on WipeoutZone.

Due to the above, I asked Old asayyeah if he'd be up for helping with the moderating duties - a position of authority he's accepted.

I'd like to thank Arnaud for accepting the position, and wish him luck in our efforts to fend off the pesky spammers that have taken to posting on the site.

Hellfire_WZ
14th August 2006, 12:31 PM
Congrats Arnaud, all the best mate! :hyper

lunar
14th August 2006, 12:37 PM
Excellent choice Rob. Congrats to Asa. :) Your constant enthusiasm, helpfulness and simple love of all things Wipeout will now be an even greater asset to this site. :banzai

Rapier Racer
14th August 2006, 01:43 PM
cograts 'Uncatchable french dude' :clap

stin
14th August 2006, 03:00 PM
Congratulation for joining Moderator and just do your best and play online as well;)

stevie:D

Sausehuhn
14th August 2006, 04:29 PM
Rob, you really made nothing wrong with giving him the moderator status, I'm sure! :)

So: Congrats, Arnaud! Take it as an early birthday present ;)

Task
14th August 2006, 04:37 PM
Great to have you even more with us Arnaud! (I didn't think that was possible, but it just goes to show what I know!)

Welcome to the task of spam destroying! 8 )

Asayyeah
14th August 2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks to you all :)

I really appreciate this and hope to do a good job with 'Quaking or plasma-izing ' those pesky spammers..definitely :pirate

q_dmc12
14th August 2006, 09:13 PM
i'll be e-mailing you now at 1am (7am your time) on any and all spammers I see on the forums as I am usually still awake at this time. ;) :p

PS> congrats :+

bakkufu
14th August 2006, 09:29 PM
Congratulations :)

Zerow
14th August 2006, 10:21 PM
Congratulations, Old asayyeah! :)

Spammers beware, asayyeah is onto you! :pirate

Thruster2097
14th August 2006, 10:40 PM
Here's welcoming my new moderator with open arms and peace oreos!
Enjoy your....... err.... moderation!
in moderation
:redface:

Dominator
14th August 2006, 10:45 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, a big congrats to you Arnaud :D
Hey what kinda Avatar are you going to be useing now? what with your new status and all......

q_dmc12
15th August 2006, 02:32 AM
lol, i could make you one - got an idea brewing in my head right now...:pc

Chill
15th August 2006, 04:03 AM
Congradulations man!!! It's an honor to have such a great person have such an important task, as such a great friend here on the zone. You obviously deserve it!!!

Tomahawk
15th August 2006, 07:55 AM
Congratulations Arnaud! :clap My best wishes for you and your new task on this messageboard.

Rapier Racer
15th August 2006, 10:43 AM
An avatar for Arnaud thats easy, a section of empty track with dust in the air ....Eat my vapour trail :dizzy

infoxicated
15th August 2006, 11:28 AM
In other news, Old Asayyeah has reverted to his original username of Young Asayyeah.

Actually, it's just Asayyeah now. ;)

Still no idea what it means, but at least it's simpler now. :D

Asayyeah
15th August 2006, 12:20 PM
Ok i can reveal it to you where my nick came from...

It was years ago while i was working in South America ( French Guyana ).
As usual, Job mates & me after work relaxing ourselves by a nice drink ( Rum, sugar and green lemon) contemplating the ocean in saying : ' Life isn't beautiful ? ' and most of us answered :' Yeah ... i say yeah ... life is so cool '

I took the ' I say yeah ' and transformed it by 'Asayyeah' ( phonetically close in french from the english 'i say yeah' ) and from that time i used it like my own anthem for life ;)

:cowboy

q_dmc12
15th August 2006, 01:23 PM
I figured as much.....phonetically ;)

Zerow
15th August 2006, 10:41 PM
I couldn't quite figure out what Asayyeah was all about before.

Well, now I know. ;)

Lance
16th August 2006, 05:50 AM
A belated congratulations to you, Arnaud. I've just returned from Texas where I paid virtually no attention to the internet, and see you were made mod yesterday [in my wake-sleep cycle]. It will be good to have someone additional in an earlier time zone to get the spammers even earlier.

''I say yeah''
Well, that's what I always thought it meant, but I did not know exactly how it came about. But in any case, it is so typical of Arnaud's wonderful positive attitude about life. It fits him so well.

Asayyeah
16th August 2006, 11:40 AM
:paperbag

xEik
16th August 2006, 02:36 PM
Congrats from me as well! :D

Lately being late, but better late than never. :)

eLhabib
16th August 2006, 05:34 PM
wow, now there's me, having the 1st day in weeks NOT checking the 'zone, and then I miss a big news like this! congrats Arnaud, you're definitely the man for the job!

oh and now we know for sure that you don't need proper english to be a mod :D

(I can feel the banquake coming ;))

Lance
17th August 2006, 04:57 AM
^Lance puts the Stainless Steel Glove on the Titanium Fist and limbers up, then glares in Martin's direction, but just winks after all.^

Asayyeah
17th August 2006, 01:03 PM
héhé :)
For sure Martin this is a great opportunity here to improve my english ( positive way of answering ;) ...but there's a 2nd way : we will see if your perfect english may save your bloody cheeky B. arse in Kai next time you join :hyper

JABBERJAW
18th August 2006, 12:17 AM
great choice! I thought it was asay yeah I kicked your #@$# to rub it in:)

Smoothly Does It
20th August 2006, 12:32 PM
Rock on Arnaud, but does this mean i'm not allowed to slag you off when i beat your times now? :D

Asayyeah
20th August 2006, 06:58 PM
Ahhh my great twins Al & Ali what shall i become without you
:D

Mad-Ice
23rd August 2006, 11:21 AM
Congratulations Arnaud!

This is superb. I am a bit late to say so, but as you know i was in Kenya, and most of the time in places with no electricity. Psp was there of course and i had some real nice new and crispy records. I will let you know later on.

So anyway good luck with the new job.

Del Stepho
26th August 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm comming in this forum to tell you congrats for the suprem post :D , Arnaud. Make reign the terror !! ;)
I'll try to come here more often :)

Asayyeah
27th August 2006, 01:35 AM
thanks Matthijs & Stephane

the job is pretty easy i must say ( thx to the new registration process ;) )
But when the new record tables will be released , all moderators will have a ton of work with the 'mistakes times' or voluntary fake times.

JABBERJAW
27th August 2006, 11:39 PM
arnaud, you are going to have to erase all your times and ban yourself:)

Lance
28th August 2006, 03:48 AM
-- grin --

Asayyeah
29th August 2006, 03:27 PM
Anything is possible, who knows...

JABBERJAW
1st September 2006, 12:55 AM
IF you banned yourself, would the system allow you to ban others after? This is the question everyone is dying to know. Anyway, arnaud should ban himself from entering times due to his ITGFTGD (I'm too good for this game disorder), or at least take ridilin or something to "relax" his skills. In addition, anyone who beats arnauds times should immediately be banned for "voluntary fake times".

infoxicated
1st September 2006, 08:41 AM
We used to feel the same way about you, Al, before Arnaud showed up on the scene! ;)

JABBERJAW
1st September 2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe you can feel that way again when the kids get a little older, or I win powerball. The odds of you feeling that way again however, I should note, are about the same odds of me winning powerball.

Asayyeah
2nd September 2006, 11:18 AM
(...) before Arnaud showed up on the scene! ;)
and till someone else comes and wipe my arse ( i bet on a young japanese boy:D )
konishiwa san JJ

Lion
9th September 2006, 08:03 AM
a belated congratulations on the moderator status arnaud :)