PDA

View Full Version : Unlockable artwork to use as wallpaper.

SuCCeSSoR [666]
25th July 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here and am a big fan of the WO pure game.

What I wanted to know is all the artwork I unlocked with the gold medals I gained. Is there any way to use them as a wallpaper for my PSP 'cause there are some very cool once to use.
I looked but did not find any way to do this.
Is it possible to browse the UMD and extract them from the disc onto the PC as images?
I search the internet for quite some time but am starting to get desperate that it's not possible.

Anyone here knows since this is 'pure'ly wipeout fans here? ;)
Please help me, I so wanna use those cool images.

Sausehuhn
25th July 2006, 09:16 PM
Yes, it's possible... with homebrew.

If you've a PSP with firmware 1.5 you can make screenshots with the program "iRshell". If you can't run any homebrew on your PSP say a few pictures you want as a background and I could make them for you :)

PS: homebrew does NOT mean piracy automatically!!

Asayyeah
25th July 2006, 09:22 PM
']
Anyone here knows since this is 'pure'ly wipeout fans here? ;)

yep Purely only wipeout fans here respecting the work from SL... is 'copyright products' means something to you?

SuCCeSSoR [666]
25th July 2006, 10:19 PM
yep Purely only wipeout fans here respecting the work from SL... is 'copyright products' means something to you?

I paid for the game, I unlocked them so I consider them as mine now.
I only want to use some as a nice wallpaper for my PSP, that's all.

*Sausehuhn*
That's cool mate, I will look up which I like most.
How much images would you make for me so I can keep that in mind.
5? 10? 15? all of 'em? ;)
Say a number and I'll list some.

Thnx so much in advance.

Zerow
25th July 2006, 10:32 PM
I'm hoping to get a 1.50 PSP soon so I can try this out. :D

Sausehuhn
25th July 2006, 11:38 PM
@SuCCeSSoR
20 for the 1st rush of images I would say ;)

@Zerow
If you've a PSP with firmware 2.0 it's totally easy, everthing above (up to 2.6 it's possible to downgrade) it's more complecated I think.
But be warned, you lose your warranty with downgrading and using homebrew (so this is at least what Sony says). Didn't matter in my case cause I got my PSP from Japan and for japan PSPs warranty only counts there, not in any other countries... shipping the PSP back to Japan and then back to Germany would cost as much as a new german PSP would I guess, so I don't care ;)

SuCCeSSoR [666]
26th July 2006, 01:04 AM
Ok, I'll list 'em tomorrow.

***EDIT***

Ok, today is tomorrow. ;)

I'm having the European version of the game and I hope I unlocked the same images as you did under the golds.

Here's the list:

01. Single Race - Blue Ridge - Flash
02. Single Race - Sinucit - Venom
03. Single Race - Citta Nuova - Vector
04. Single Race - Exostra Run - Vector
05. Single Race - Ubermall - Vector
06. Single Race - Iridia - Vector
07. Single Race - Iridia - Venom
08. Single Race - Koltiwa - Venom
09. Single Race - Vohl Square - Venom
10. Time Trial - Citta Nuova - Venom
11. Time Trial - Sebenco Climb - Vector
12. Time Trial - Koltiwa - Vector
13. Time Trial - Koltiwa - Venom
14. Single Race - Koltiwa - Vector
15. Time Trial - Chenghou Project - Venom
16. Single Race - Vineta K - Flash

Those are the once I desperately would like to have.
You decide to post the here as a .zip or .rar. You also can mail them to me to successor@dynamo666.com

Very much thnx in advance. I can't believe you do this for a complete stranger/newbie on the forum.
(I'm not a newbie in WO though, I owned the originals in those PS1 days and played them a lot. Never bought a PS2 so those titels are not known by me)

I won about half the medals I can win. I have 162 now, still have a lot to go on those massive 28 tracks.
I'm patiently am working my way up to Phantom. It's still a long way if you want all medals in SR, TT, Zone & Tournament.
But it will be worth it all the way.

I like this community, I think I'm gonna stay to discuss a little more on my favorite Racinggame of all time.
Wipeoutzone is in my bookmarks now. :D

Sausehuhn
26th July 2006, 08:41 PM
ok I made screenshots of all artworks available. That are more then 300 images (and a half hour of work).
They are all in high-quality, meaning BMP.
The whole pack is bigger than 120MB, I will upload it to Rapidshare soon.

If you still just want the listed artworks and not all (so still get something new when you get a new gold medal) just say something and I will make a second pack just containing your listed screens. :)

Zerow
26th July 2006, 10:10 PM
@Zerow
If you've a PSP with firmware 2.0 it's totally easy, everthing above (up to 2.6 it's possible to downgrade) it's more complecated I think.

I'm on 2.70. But since 2.71 can now be emulated from 1.50, it's hopefully only a matter of time before a hack is achieved.

SuCCeSSoR [666]
26th July 2006, 10:33 PM
ok I made screenshots of all artworks available. That are more then 300 images (and a half hour of work).
They are all in high-quality, meaning BMP.
The whole pack is bigger than 120MB, I will upload it to Rapidshare soon.

If you still just want the listed artworks and not all (so still get something new when you get a new gold medal) just say something and I will make a second pack just containing your listed screens. :)

Heya, that's totally cool.
Thnx mate, I'm looking forward to a link to down them. :rock

Sausehuhn
26th July 2006, 10:54 PM
so here it is - NOT ;D

edit: link removed by Lance

SuCCeSSoR [666]
27th July 2006, 08:41 AM
so here it is - NOPE, NOT HERE EITHER :)

Oh man, tell me how I can thank you 'cause I dunno how to.
You made 1 person very happy today.
I love those pics. :hyper :+

edit: link removed by Lance

Sausehuhn
28th July 2006, 08:43 AM
No problem man, just have fun with these images :)

eLhabib
28th July 2006, 12:14 PM
As nice as this is of you, Max, I hope you realize that this is in fact piracy... not the ripping itself, but the sharing to everyone on the web - also to people who did NOT buy purE.

SuCCeSSoR [666]
28th July 2006, 02:14 PM
hehe, feel free to delete the link. I allready have it. :D:+

Sausehuhn
28th July 2006, 04:59 PM
hm... then I will delete it soon.
Didn't think about it... mentioned that it's property of Sony Computer Entertainment in the ReadMe-file though.

Lance
28th July 2006, 05:51 PM
I deleted it even sooner.

SuCCeSSoR [666]
28th July 2006, 06:03 PM
hehe, that was fast. ;)

Lance
28th July 2006, 07:05 PM
Not quick enough; but it was the soonest I could get online.

Had I thought about this: ''also to people who did NOT buy purE'', as I should have even though a bit distracted lately, I would have deleted the whole thread before it got that far. [Thanks for the reminder, Martin.]

Sausehuhn
28th July 2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry guys, next time I'll knock at Studio Liverpool's door 1st and ask for their permission ;)

Lance
28th July 2006, 10:15 PM
It isn't their call; the Sony legal department [under orders from the top] is the problem.

Sausehuhn
28th July 2006, 10:23 PM
Grrr, ok then I will knock on Sony Computer Entertainment's door (or eben without the "Computer Entertainment"?!) and ask for permission - I'm sure they open and say "yes for sure!".

Especially because Sony was so customer-friendly in the last year(s) ;)

Zerow
28th July 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm glad I didn't download them now, I feel a lot securer. :)

SuCCeSSoR [666]
28th July 2006, 11:41 PM
I'm glad I did.
He also could've PM-ed me and all would'nt know about it. How about that?
I own the game so I think I have permission to have those images for home-use.
Sausehuhn helped me with that.
But I think that's my own interpretation of it.
Everybody has it's own vision about it.
I don't feel wrong having them.

edit by Lance: quote of immediate previous post removed. Please read the guidelines.

Lance
29th July 2006, 08:02 PM
Rant:
Sony and many other companies who have bought copyrights to content desire to control every aspect of its use and are pushing for legislation internationally that will pretty much allow them to charge a fee for every individual use of the content. Post a pic; pay a fee. Play a movie: pay a fee. Play a game; pay a fee. It sounds pretty extreme, but that is the way things are headed, whatever actual degree of their desires is achieved. Considering the amount of influence corporations have on law, they may get a large part of what they want. Bad for us. Ultimately bad even for the individuals who work for the corporations. Ultimately restrictive of creativity of the content itself, and also of freedom of use of what content remains, and also destructive of cultural and personal development. A very short-term and selfish policy that is detrimental to civilisation generally.

If I buy a game, I want to use it when and where I want; I should have that right without paying for it again and again and again. The content was created once; I bought it once; that should grant me the right to use it as many times as I want in whatever device will play it. Historically we have been able to do this, but the copyright owners are attempting to eliminate that classic model of ownership and usage rights. If I buy a car so that I own it, should I have to pay a usage fee for it again every time I drive it?

InvaderF00
18th August 2006, 06:00 AM
You can always get the content directly from the site.
I mean, it's already posted on the web for everyone to view by Sony/Studio Liv.

Like:
http://www.wipeoutpure.com/Repository/JPG/HeritageImages/TimeLine1.jpg
and
http://www.wipeoutpure.com/Repository/JPG/StoryImages/StoryPart1.jpg

Right?

Asayyeah
18th August 2006, 01:44 PM
You can't get ALL the artworks into the site Only 16 of them are viewable compared to the existing 329.