PDA

View Full Version : psx->pc connector

Mator
10th May 2002, 10:47 PM
for some thats old news , but here :http://www.alltechbox.com/pc/pc006_pg01_eng.php3 is a guide for building very cheap and very simple psx to pc connector . it works perfect (i already build one ).the making requires a little soldering , 5 dyodes 1n4148, a male parralel port connector and psx estension cord (optional) .

Spaceboy Gajo
15th May 2002, 03:40 AM
Thanks Mator. I've always thought that the PS controller was the best controller ever designed. In fact the Gravis gamepad is in the same style and I think that has been their best seller! Now I've got a fun electonics porject to work on. Just have to dust off my soldering iron.

Mator
20th May 2002, 09:28 PM
always glad to help !but the only bad think is, that I cant play DOS games with it!
i wanted so much to play wipeout1with joypad......

infoxicated
21st May 2002, 08:50 AM
Wahey - I got my proper manufactured adapter through the post this morning :)

Cant wait to see how Grand Prix 3 plays with a dual shock, or my PlayStation steering wheel.

I got it from www.chipzone.com - who gave fantastic customer service, BTW - the they sent one out that got lost in the post and when I mailed them they were ultra cool about it - sent me out a replacement instantly :)

Mator
21st May 2002, 09:09 PM
Il never buy such a thing, I mean , why should i buy it , when I can make it ? I dont have 2 left hands, after all (nothing personal, foxie :) )

infoxicated
21st May 2002, 10:26 PM
I cant be bothered with the hassle - and besides, I don't have the equipment to build one... as in, no soldering iron, heat sink or tools to cut the circuit board.

I reckon it's been cheaper to buy something sturdy in nice blue-see through plastic than it would be for me to get all the bits/tools and put it together.

And to celebrate I've played Grand Prix 3 all night with the PlayStation controller and it was fabby! :)