PDA

View Full Version : REZ

Asche XL
10th May 2002, 02:03 AM
Who played REZ for ps2?

AmishRobot
10th May 2002, 05:56 AM
I own it and love it. It's got some amazing music. There's not a whole lot to it, though. It can pretty much be finished in a day, and the gameplay is super simplistic. Fot those that think they're done with a game when they reach the end, it's not for them. Anyone who can appreciate the aesthetics of a game and just zone out, though, need to check it out. I don't play it much, but I don't want to get rid of it, because it's one of those I'll pop in every few months just to enjoy.

infoxicated
10th May 2002, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that - I've been thinking of buying it recently.

I finished Ace Combat 4 for the third time last weekend and I'm three missions into my fourth attempt already, so I know a really good game is one you'll just keep coming back to.

Does it open up another difficulty level when you finish it?

With AC4 it opened up Expert when I completed it on Hard, and now Ace when I completed Expert. :)

Synthetic Consciousness
10th May 2002, 09:10 AM
I haven't seen or played it, but I absolutely love the music, and want to play it so bad! :D

Thruster2097
10th May 2002, 09:12 AM
yeah, rez is a pretty good game, but I got it on the dreamcast. I dont know if its any easier (or different) on the PS2, but the basic lay of the story is that you shoot stuff up in a panzer-dragoon style in some very, VERY trippy wireframe environments. That trip-hop beat through the whole game is surprisingly addictive!! The first 4 zones are a doddle, but that 5th and final zone is close to impossible! theres only so much stuff you can blow up every second!!! Another quality concept by Sega, and well worth it just to pop into the ps2 every now and then just for a quick freak out on zone 1.

One thing I am going to ask, has anyone played Space Channel 5 on a PS2? Again, I got the dreamcast version (just because the dreamcast titles have gone down to about £6.50, while their PS2 counterparts are still £35) and the game is impossible!!! The button response on the dreamcast control is so very slow with SC5 - I just want to know if anyone has played it on a PS2, and if the button response is quicker. Im sure its a pretty good game once you get past the first level, its sorta like PaRappa the Rappa - only with eye candy!

jmoid
11th May 2002, 09:17 AM
i must admit i wasn't that impressed with the gameplay in rez. i really really wanted to like it, because the whole concept of a completely conceptual environment is exactly what i think videogames should be about, but though the graphics and music are stunning the gameplay is a little bit too easy and repetetive IMHO.

try before you buy is my advice, althoigh saying that i think it was a brave move to make the game and here's hoping the game starts a trend towards more imaginative game design.

Nathan Adams
12th May 2002, 09:54 AM
Rez is fantastic
an amazing experience

oh, and I've met the guy who created it could dig up his email address if I wanted to.....hmmmm
His name is Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and he spoke at the AGideas conference I went to a couple of weeks ago - obviously his entire presentation was about the concept and development of Rez.
Amazingly, it all traces back to a video he saw off an african family participating in a group music/sing-a-long. Although the game is an evolution of the shooter genre (which he showed - from space invaders, to xavious, to space harrier, to panzer dragoon) - the main basis of the game is the creation of music. the idea that by destroying something (the enemies) you in turn create something (they release sound, light, and vibration)

Lance
12th May 2002, 06:06 PM
it gives us humans a whole new reason to kill ;)

rhys
12th May 2002, 06:08 PM
i played the rez demo and must admit i was addicted. the later levels were amazing with the controller vibrating to the music.

a good game 2 buy methinks!!!! :)

Asche XL
19th May 2002, 07:03 PM
I got it, and I just got up to area 5 boss. This game is sooo amazing. I havent played a game this good since Wipeout XL. Oh man if you've never played this, go to the store and pick it up for ps2. You wont be disapointed.