etherdrive
29th June 2006, 10:45 AM
Sony is recruiting !

http://www.datascope.co.uk/scee/

Quote:

LIVERPOOL
Senior/Lead Designer - URGENT
Wipeout
Wipeout is the most revered, innovative and respected arcade/action racing franchise of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

The Task
To have a key role in realising future iterations of Wipeout on PSP and PS3.

lunar
29th June 2006, 11:32 AM
wow, well spotted. :+

PSP and PS3, and urgent. All good. :D

Asayyeah
29th June 2006, 12:41 PM
:cowboy WOW you make my day dude !! ( just watch a french forum and my speedy friend Kit-Yun a belgium one , get me that info , 1 hour ago )
This is the best news i ve heard since Brazil / France in quarter finale ;)

Mad-Ice
29th June 2006, 12:59 PM
This is superb! I didn't expect to see more WipEout on psp. But this gives me new hope. Also funny is, this week i designed new teams together with names and logos, not that this will be sufficient for the job at Liverpool.

Sausehuhn
29th June 2006, 01:01 PM
ou man I hope they'll find the people they need soon and fast.

Gimme back some Fusion environment and 2097 handling ;)

Asayyeah
29th June 2006, 01:03 PM
i PM Tora2097 asking him to send his CV to Studio liverpool ...hey who knows with his such brilliant job he does ! :)

Sausehuhn
29th June 2006, 01:16 PM
Where The Hell Is Sumimasen!?!

He also has to send his stuff to SL!

Zerow
29th June 2006, 10:10 PM
*squeals with delight*

This is the best news I've heard for a while!

It's great to hear we're going to see more of WipEout on PSP, as well as it's inevitable PS3 debut. :D

rejj
30th June 2006, 08:10 AM
Everyone that is excited claiming that this is great news -- bear in mind that the fact they are saying "urgent" and hiring can only mean that someone key to the development of the next game has just left the project. This could also be very bad news...

yawnstretch
30th June 2006, 08:12 AM
Any news is good news as far as Im concerned. It's been too quiet on the wipEout front of late.

"Wipeout
Wipeout is the most revered, innovative and respected arcade/action racing franchise of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. "

Now that's a reassuring quote if ever I've seen one.

kit-yun
30th June 2006, 10:47 AM
hello everyone, kit-yun of Belgium, that says something to me ^_^ I will become insane since it was announced, the renders are incredible, all the details, the holes with before vessel, a cosmic bomb this future play. And veiled the reason to buy the PS3, because front, I was not in a hurry.

lunar
30th June 2006, 11:00 AM
Hello Kit-Yun :)

I wonder if we`re looking at a simaltaneous psp and ps3 release of the same game, with some interactivity between the two. I would guess that this is quite likely, though I wouldn`t mind if the psp release came first to keep us going.

Fair point, Rejj. The Pure team were definitely moving in the right direction, so let`s hope they stick to the true-Wipeout on new hardware vision, if there is a major change of personnel.

Mobius
30th June 2006, 03:39 PM
New senior/lead designer...?

Im sure the previous on on Wipeout Pure was - Colin Berry...

etherdrive
30th June 2006, 07:37 PM
Rejj: Everyone that is excited claiming that this is great news -- bear in mind that the fact they are saying "urgent" and hiring can only mean that someone key to the development of the next game has just left the project. This could also be very bad news...

The profiles they are hiring in Liverpool point to a project that has barely even started. No worries yet.
(Senior/Lead Designer - Graphics Programmer - Pipeline Programmer - Lead Programmer - Physics Programmer - Technical Artist)
See? No artist/level designer workforce there.

[Edit] I removed the links to Tora_2097's renders since some people thought they were official. Please remember Sony has not shown us ANYTHING yet.

Zerow
30th June 2006, 08:30 PM
I was thinking the same thing etherdrive. Since this new project has barely even begun, the current absence of a key lead-designer is nothing to worry about for now.

Dogg Thang
1st July 2006, 08:36 AM
This is fantastic news. We won't know much until we get an official announcement but I wonder how it will work having both PS3 and PSP development on the go at the same time. Will the PSP game be a conversion of a PS3 Wipeout or will the PSP get a sort of Pure 2 while the PS3 gets an all-new game? Who knows...either way this is great news.

Mobius
1st July 2006, 10:53 AM
Those screenshots are Tora's renders....They are no way official...

Sausehuhn
1st July 2006, 11:41 AM
ahahah that's funny.
Tora makes excitement in the world of video games.
Congrats, man ;)

Would be cool if the PS3 graphics were as good as Tora's (high quality) graphics, though. :)

Mano
1st July 2006, 07:01 PM
Sony is recruiting !

http://www.datascope.co.uk/scee/

Quote:Quote:

Quote:
LIVERPOOL
Senior/Lead Designer - URGENT
Wipeout
Wipeout is the most revered, innovative and respected arcade/action racing franchise of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

The Task
To have a key role in realising future iterations of Wipeout on PSP and PS3.

Nowhere in that page says that the lead designer is for wipeout, i cant find the text you have written under "the task" title.

I dont know if they plan to have a separate team for wipeout on PS3 and keep the PSP team for sequels, because other than that i dont think there would be a reason for them to not keep the actual team, unless they got a better job offer.

stin
2nd July 2006, 12:31 AM
I did thought of that!!! cos I just don`t want to say something due to ridicule.....

stevie :(

Asayyeah
2nd July 2006, 01:46 AM
At least we have that news , now we can't extrapolated on what wd be in it or not, but be sure we will be surprised in a good way ( that's my ol'Neggie who's telling me this ;) )

lunar
2nd July 2006, 09:13 AM
the original Datascope posting was pretty obviously talking about a Senior/Lead Designer for Wipeout. They have now changed the wording of the advertisement, removing references to Wipeout, but too late to prevent the whole thing spreading around the internet. The truth is out, but yes it`s too early to say exactly what releases we`re going to get, obviously. :)

Chill
3rd July 2006, 08:25 PM
Well, as I've seen in those pictures (which I've only seen for the first time, so they seem incredible to me), if the PS3 version of Wipeout would be a redone version of the first Wipeout, with online capability of course, i would go insane. And if they left off from that for the PS3 all the way back up the ladder, which probably won't happen, it would be incredible. Other than that, i know nothing of designers, gaming politics, and all that clutter. I'd just thought I'd drop that in.

As for the recruiting...

It only offers a more broad outlook, and possibly new and better possibilities for the game franchise. I just hope it doesn't go down.

Riccardo Raccis
3rd July 2006, 10:38 PM
Coolness. C'mon Studio Liverpool, we love you 8)

kit-yun
6th July 2006, 12:13 AM
Hello Kit-Yun :)

I wonder if we`re looking at a simaltaneous psp and ps3 release of the same game, with some interactivity between the two. I would guess that this is quite likely, though I wouldn`t mind if the psp release came first to keep us going.

Fair point, Rejj. The Pure team were definitely moving in the right direction, so let`s hope they stick to the true-Wipeout on new hardware vision, if there is a major change of personnel.

Hello,

interactivity between psp episode and ps3, humm very interesting, but you suppose or it's a real information about the game?

the problem, considering time that "Fusion" was deferred, I am afraid which it comes in 2/3 years (I added the reports lol) finally if in an immediate future, it from time to time begins y to have news, that goes that us maintenances in life. ^_^

an availability in 2007 appears not very probable to me, one would need just a online mode like addition, it is that the interest of the plays, has nothing better there.

lunar
6th July 2006, 07:13 AM
I`m just supposing, Kit. ;) I have no evidence other than Sony seem very keen on this sort of interaction. Another bit of wild speculation: it has been reported that in Studio Liverpool`s F106, the PSP and PS2 versions of the game will be able to race each other directly online. SL has the technology, and I wonder if they will apply this to Wipeout.

*wild speculation mode off*

Ota
6th July 2006, 05:04 PM
An image on the german Gamefront (http://www.gamefront.de) news site hints at the name "WipeOut Hyperion" for the PS3 title. They are referring to an article at Gamasutra (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9931) yet I could not find that pic there.

http://www.gfdata.de/setup/topps3edistribution.jpg

Hi all by the way. :)

stin
6th July 2006, 06:01 PM
It`s all german but looking very interesting!

stevie:)

kit-yun
6th July 2006, 06:06 PM
I`m just supposing, Kit. ;) I have no evidence other than Sony seem very keen on this sort of interaction. Another bit of wild speculation: it has been reported that in Studio Liverpool`s F106, the PSP and PS2 versions of the game will be able to race each other directly online. SL has the technology, and I wonder if they will apply this to Wipeout.

*wild speculation mode off*

Yes me too. online it is what it misses at Sony, finally quality I speak on ps2. I hope that on ps3 that changes radically. Highly the first infos. It's a pity that nobody speak French here : -)

Asayyeah
6th July 2006, 07:07 PM
wipeout hyperion : info or intox ? ( been reading the gamasutra site : it seems the ' owning-an-original-disk-that-can-be-sell-by yourself -after-using it ' has ended by that kind of annoucement ...sad day for us and mostly for game retailer :( )
hyperion : don't really like that name imo

Lol Kit , this is an english forum to be understood by most of the wipers around the world :)
Don't worry , we have our french site ( ermmm low activity on it that's why i am staying here : moreover i can 'upgrade' my english, smoothly but surely... like Ali the W3O prophet said ;) )

Sausehuhn
6th July 2006, 08:31 PM
hi Ota, will be in cologne soon, Pure one-one anyone? ;)

In terms of the hyperion stuff, I don't think it's real. As you can see below the picture shows a image from Pure and WipEout is written WipeOut and IMO SL wouldn't change that after all the other games named WipEout.

http://www.gfdata.de/setup/topps3edistribution.jpg

Zerow
6th July 2006, 10:07 PM
Aye, it probably isn't real. I quite like the name Hyperion though.

eLhabib
6th July 2006, 10:44 PM
but then why should anyone bother making a mock up when really they could have put any picture there?

Asayyeah
7th July 2006, 12:49 PM
As you can see below the picture shows a image from Pure
i didn't recognized sinuccit at first with the first split :redface:

all the game named WipEout.... héhé not exactly to be precise : it was wip3out and not WipEout 3 ;)

Sausehuhn
7th July 2006, 01:00 PM
I knew somebody would say something like that ;)

kit-yun
9th July 2006, 10:12 AM
Asayyeah: I know that the forum is English, but it is a pity because it is more active than the other I think. I have a pal it pronounced that "Wipoute" which it is stupid, it connait nothing there lol

Ota
10th July 2006, 05:53 PM
It`s all german but looking very interesting!

Didn't say anything about the future WipEout anyway. ;)
Just the picture struck me.

hi Ota, will be in cologne soon, Pure one-one anyone? ;)

It's a shame but I don't even own a PSP. :/
Sort of on the to do list.