PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Add-ons

Bob Thing
9th June 2006, 06:42 PM
I am new to Wipeout Pure (bought it yesterday).
On the PSP offical website i have read about downloads enababling you to acess more content (ships,tracks ect).

I have downloaded some of these but when i loaded up the game on single player there was no change.
Is it true that these only work on multiplayer?
What is happening?:mad:

lunar
9th June 2006, 09:16 PM
Tell us which packs you downloaded, what method you`re using to download, and from where, then we might be able to help. There aren`t any multiplayer-only packs. :)

Zerow
9th June 2006, 09:47 PM
It's more than likely because the region of your copy of the game is different to the region that the downloads were made for. Game downloads are region restricted, you see. Let us know what region your copy of the game is from and then we can tell you what you should do next. :)

Bob Thing
10th June 2006, 11:20 AM
I have the European Version, i'm using a USB cable, downloading from www.yourpsp.com. I downloaded all the avalible Wipeout Packs from that site

lunar
10th June 2006, 03:36 PM
Assuming you picked a euro region when you first went to yourpsp.com you should be ok.

what you should see is an additional four "leagues" to choose from when choosing where to race. As well as Alpha, Beta and Classic you should also see Gamma, Delta, Classic 2 and Omega. I suggest you connect your psp to your pc and use windows explorer to check which packs you have and that they`re in the correct location. For example, for the gamma pack to appear in your game there should be a folder in the location PSP/SAVEDATA called UCES00001DGAMMAPAK. If the gamma pack folder has a different name or isn`t in this location you won`t get anything.

Bob Thing
10th June 2006, 04:41 PM
thanks for the info i'll try it now

Bob Thing
10th June 2006, 05:06 PM
It's not working:frown:
It shows up on the PSP main menu under Saved Data Utility but when i load up the game i still am only able to see the 1st two leagues (haven't unlocked Classic).

p.s. i know that the USb cable is fine as i have transferred videos and pictures

lunar
10th June 2006, 05:38 PM
if there is a wireless access point which you can use, I`d suggest downloading the packs again using the in-game download feature. In the euro version you select "online" and follow instructions. If the packs complete a succesful download using this, then there`s no way it can not work and no way you can download incompatible packs, as far as I know. If it doesn`t work after that, then at least you know you have a very unusual problem, and at least you can eliminate the possibility of it being the wrong files or them being in the wrong location.

As far as usb download from yourpsp.com goes, one point I remember one of the game creators saying is that you should have played pure on your psp before downloading. Not sure what difference this makes though, I`d recommend doing it wirelessly if you can.

Another thing I thought of: I`m not sure of the unlocking sequence with the add-on packs as I can`t quite remember, but I don`t think you`ll see any tournaments with them until you have medalled the single races in each speed class. So maybe you`re just looking in tournament mode and having unlocked it yet. Running out of ideas now....... good luck :)

Bob Thing
10th June 2006, 05:58 PM
i will try again and if it doesn't work i will format my memory stick

thanks for the help

Bob Thing
11th June 2006, 04:57 PM
fixed it!!

thank you very much for the help!

Automaniac
6th July 2006, 05:26 AM
Have you heard pure on platnium (in NZ) $50 bargain! shame I have it already

oh and that guy running Japanese down, shrewd I tell you shrewd they came up with the psp and this is how they are thanked Disgusting. Sure all Jap cars suck, but thats no reason on a happier note don't use Omega, please don't

Lance
6th July 2006, 07:49 PM
Funny how that brainless wanker got banned as soon as I got here. What a happy coincidence!

q_dmc12
6th July 2006, 07:54 PM
What did I miss?

Lance
6th July 2006, 08:18 PM
Nothing that anyone should ever say or read. Disgusting bastard should have been banned befOre he posted. But we just don't always know what they're going to say, do we?