PDA

View Full Version : Coolest PURE moments!!!

Mad-Ice
6th June 2006, 01:14 PM
My coolest PURE moments are when every bigair jump succeeds. On Modesto Heights you can use your speedboost on the big jump and fly over the commercialboard just before the corner and finish with a barrelroll speedboost:rock . On Citta Nuova you can use your speedboost on the last corner going up and fly over the chicane:guitar . On Ubermall you can use your speedboost on the small hill after where the track splits up and land after the chicane :dizzy . These are my coolest PURE moments I am curious about yours.

Greetings Mad-Ice

eLhabib
6th June 2006, 01:56 PM
does the word 'BACKQUAKE' mean anything to you? always a cool and satisfying moment :D

Asayyeah
6th June 2006, 04:01 PM
lol guys
I have got tons of great moments on Pure especially with Kai...
doing the shortcuts above mentionned by Matthijs during a tour with 4 other wipers is just a perfect test for your nerves.
But my overall best moments are when i become really nasty on Kai :pirate
doing Back quake like Martin said and also add a new crazy dimension : the Back rockets & plasma. You need to have a perfect tempo to use the plasma with his 2 sec waitin' before finally launching it.
I highly recommend to DL the gamma & delta 'crazy' tour here (http://hosted.filefront.com/asayyeah) to see how that can be :p

Matthijs i received your email and be ok for helping you through msn whenever you want.
I need to see in details what you ve done.
the issue : your pc doesn't recognize your psp at the same time with internet.
possible solution : the datel wifi maxx ( if i am not wrong ) is just a way to connect by ad hoc mode the psp and your pc. Using internet you should have a separate system to connect to the web ( modem ethernet or usb, wifi dongle used for ADSL wifi boxes, routeur )
It should be easy to fix that by msn , if i cannot succed in we can also ask the one ' Piranha wiper ' who has got the datel wifiMax like you , it seems it is working for him.

Zerow
6th June 2006, 10:10 PM
Who could forget checking out the Omega league tracks for the first time?? :dizzy :D

Airrider
6th June 2006, 11:02 PM
How about your first experiences with Phantom class? Riding a Piranha to the breaking point in the Exostra Run FTW.

Mad-Ice
7th June 2006, 12:52 PM
Nice y'all

That's funny stuff. I hope to see a lot more cool moments, but that would be no problem with this game!!!! Yesterday evening i did a descensiontournament phamtom class and i earned a whopping 94 points. That means i earned on every track the full 8 points except on one track, 6 points. WHHheeAAA, that gave some adrenalin.

Mad-Ice

eLhabib
7th June 2006, 01:50 PM
now let me guess which track only let you come in second: citta nuova? ;)

Mad-Ice
7th June 2006, 07:38 PM
Houwdy eLhabib

Citta Nuova also known as Shitta Nuova is a real difficult track to master. However i did finish there as first. But Sebenco Climb however made me do a mistake coming up in the curve and turning in too fast with my nose into the boarding. This had cost me my first place unfortunatly.

Zerow
7th June 2006, 11:08 PM
Beating my best ever results in Zone mode is another moment in Pure that I cherish more than any other. :D

q_dmc12
9th June 2006, 03:33 AM
I'll second that;)

Riccardo Raccis
18th June 2006, 02:01 PM
Getting an Autopilot and a Turbo just after that. That's just... sweet.

q_dmc12
23rd June 2006, 04:17 PM
Getting that AP-boost combo 3 times in a row:hyper

EDIT: APB for lack of a better acronym

Zerow
23rd June 2006, 10:59 PM
I remember on one occasion in Zone mode on the Coridon 12 track, I failed to turn in on time at the end of the start straight and ploughed head first into the wall right at the centre-point of where the track forks. I quite literally bounced away and went in the opposite direction for a very short time - it was like I was going in reverse! :dizzy

This was made all the better as I still managed to beat my previous Coridon 12 record, and by a significant margin as well. I will never, EVER forget that moment! :D

Asayyeah
25th June 2006, 12:41 AM
Ben : APB combo kicks ass on seb peak while entering the tricky chicanes, twice i get an under 20 sec /lap due to that cool weapon lotery :banzai

Zerow : i noticed you like zone much , don't you?
we had an open challenge few months ago based on best zone on the 4 tracks here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41878#post41878) or here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2637)

Zerow
25th June 2006, 10:17 PM
Well spotted Old asayyeah, I do indeed love Zone mode very much. To be honest, I spend more time in Zone mode than I do actually racing!

Too bad I missed that competition. :frown:

Asayyeah
26th June 2006, 12:00 PM
the competition is always open for dedicated zone luvers :hyper , just post your best zones and you can raise the challenge again

Zerow
26th June 2006, 10:35 PM
It's always open? That's a relief!

I'll be posting my best results for all four tracks there very soon then! :)

crazy legs
30th June 2006, 10:53 PM
the most uncool about this game is AUTOPILOT. Ask Alonso if he would use cruise control in his mild seven?

The coolest stunt i ever pulled of was in Rapier class on sol 2, you know those pillars or whatever they are thats holding up the track. well try to boost yourself out on one of thoose and get past 3 wipers. so far ive only pulled it off twice...

lunar
1st July 2006, 08:55 AM
about AP, it is perhaps too effective in some places on Pure, but I don`t know anyone who wouldn`t use it on Xlink, near the finish, to take the race win. If I finished second and then said I could have won, but I discarded an AP at the end, I think my rivals would happily take the gift, and I would not receive a lot of sympathy. There is a skill to making the most of Pure`s autopilot, and when it comes to multiplayer races you have to use every tool in the box. :)

@Crazy Legs..... Sol2 is great for one rare stunt. I once pulled off the Barrel Roll by going up the ramp-shaped wall to the right side on the open section. I lost control and went up the wall accidentally. I thought I was going out, and decided to try a BR anyway just incase I landed on the track. Miraculously I landed on the track, got the turbo and got back in the race. Very cool, but I don`t think I could repeat it more than 1 time in 20.

Zerow
1st July 2006, 09:26 PM
That trick on Sol 2 sounds pretty cool crazy legs, can't wait to try it out! :)

Asayyeah
2nd July 2006, 01:52 AM
I once pulled off the Barrel Roll by going up the ramp-shaped wall to the right side on the open section. I lost control and went up the wall accidentally. I thought I was going out, and decided to try a BR anyway just incase I landed on the track. Miraculously I landed on the track, got the turbo and got back in the race. Very cool, but I don`t think I could repeat it more than 1 time in 20.

And i saw your awesome action ' direct live ' i must say after your perfect BR , you disapeared in a sec i was just at 1 sec behind you but your extra stunt disrupted me and i crashed into the long right curve. best kai moment imo :+

Airrider
4th July 2006, 03:27 AM
I've often made room in Sol 2 by actively using the ramp-wall things you speak of and doing a balance beam kind of thing on them. I'd be afraid to try anything else because I have bad feet everywhere else. It wouldn't be cool if you plunged off the side, now would it?

lunar
4th July 2006, 07:25 AM
It`s not cool at all, and for me it`s the usual result of such stunts, unfortunately.

Another Sol2 feature which is either very very cool, or very not cool if it`s done to you, is going into lap 5 a short distance ahead, with mines or a bomb at the ready, and dropping them, unavoidably, on the nose of your rival as you cross the speed pad before said wall. Boom bang bang - off the side he goes, race won. We`ve all had it done to us, we`ve all done it. ;)

A super-uncool thing in the same place, which I have experienced, is getting hit by a reverse disruptor on the open section during a crucial race. I was so desperate to carry on that I went off three or four times before the disruptor stopped working. Should have just parked and waited. We were in a pack so I don`t know who fired the thing. Own up you scoundrel.... ;) :)

Zerow
4th July 2006, 07:15 PM
I also remember doing a Time Trial on Sebenco Climb at Phantom class and using the Zone ship. The final lap was absolutely sweet - not only did I smash my previous fastest lap (using the same ship), but it was also a Perfect lap, and I can remember that it felt as though I barely slowed down throughout the lap! :D

That is definitely my most treasured moment from Time Trial mode, which is usually fairly boring. ;)

Automaniac
6th July 2006, 05:18 AM
Whenever I sideshift into a craft and they hit a barrier or something
: priceless

GO TRIAKIS!!

without it I wouldn't effectively do that

Distrupto
8th July 2006, 07:31 AM
I haven't seen this place in years, and it's amazing to see threads that were there back then are still here!

Anyway, probably the best Pure moment has got to be outrunning my first quake, which I did at Citta Nuova during a Phantom Ascension tournament by using a turbo down the straight, and then repeating it 2 races down in the same tournament at Sol-2, along with the wall barrel roll boost(which for some reason, is only succesful when I'm not trying to do it) , and winning the tournament, despite blowing up at Blue Ridge. The worst thing that ever happened was during a Rapier Classic tournament in my Asian version, where I won the first and second races at Karbonis and Sagarmatha, but ended up getting 4th at Manor Top, because of the weirdest disaster I've encountered yet. I engaged the autopilot while going into the 90-degree corner area, and got hit by a disruption bolt at the same time, which reversed the controls and sent the autopilot crazy, flying in circles and going off the track thrice before disengaging, and flying off the track once again.

Zerow
8th July 2006, 09:55 PM
Aye, outrunning a Quake is another one of those moments in Pure that leaves a big smile on my face. :)

thug4life
12th July 2006, 01:27 AM
racing in vineta k and having 5 of the 8 ships destroyed

****ing crazy

Airrider
12th July 2006, 06:38 PM
...my first kill using Plasma. Course, I couldn't see it 'cuz right afterwards, I passed the guy...

Jioruji Derako
13th July 2006, 08:26 AM
My biggest moment was in Sol 2, on the first section where the walls drop (a great spot for big moments, of course). I got a little too close to the outside edge, and hit the wall ramp, launching myself stright out over the edge. Quick reflexes and a little luck later, I managed to make a turn in mid-air and land back on the track, and skipped most of the wall-less section to boot. Tried to replecate the stunt many times, but it's a lot harder then I thought... never managed to get a repeat.

And yes, I'm new to the forums.

G.O.>

Distrupto
13th July 2006, 10:15 AM
@ Jioruji Derako:

That moment on Sol 2 could have been made better. All you had to do was a barrel roll and you'd get a near-turbo sized speed boost on top.

racing in vineta k and having 5 of the 8 ships destroyed

****ing crazy

Wow. How did that happen? :pirate The most ships I've ever had destroyed was at Sol 2 when FEISAR, AG Systems and Medevil all went out.

...my first kill using Plasma. Course, I couldn't see it 'cuz right afterwards, I passed the guy...

Sure, you usually don't see kills other than yourself unless you stop to watch it. I've only seen one kill, and that was one of an AI destroying another AI on Citta Nuova.

Dominator
13th July 2006, 09:36 PM
...outrunning my first quake was really cool, and lapping another AI craft for the first time really made me grin :D

Jioruji Derako
14th July 2006, 02:51 AM
Yeah, barrel-rolling was the last thing on my mind at the time. I was just happy to make it back onto the track... if I ever get to pull that stunt off again, I'll make sure to do that.
Nowadays, I stick to the smaller wall-ramps, such as the on in manor top (just before the 90-degree turns section). I can normally jump that pretty easily.

Oh, and one more trick I sometimes pull of is on the Chenghou Project track (there's a small wall-ramp there too that I like to hit too, but that's beside my point). Chenghou Project has one of the best jumps in the game, that gigantic cliff-face drop... if you pull off a barrel-roll, then pull your craft's nose up hard, when you hit the ground (if you're lucky) you'll go right into a massive wheelie (is it still called a wheelie of your craft has no wheels?). I think once I went overboard on one of the faster speed classes and flipped my craft over backwards...

G.O.>

Airrider
14th July 2006, 04:23 AM
On another note, I have had decidely UN-cool PurE moments when I try the wall-riding stunt in enclosed areas (i.e. tunnels, etc.) I tend to simply bog down, flop over, and flip belly-up.

The Chenghou Projects jumps are pretty fun to go at. I take pride in linking together barrel-rolls...

Mad-Ice
23rd July 2006, 09:47 PM
Aaaaahhh WOAOUW!!!

Playing PURE together with asayyeah in the same room (for like 4 days). That were some hot races. The most intense races i ever had, superb! Thanks again Arnaud for visiting me, C U soon in Le Havre.

Great greetings Mad-Ice

Asayyeah
25th July 2006, 09:08 PM
I remember one great moments we did with a severe laugh from me ...the way we went out together on the open area of SOL2 was a serious kick-ass laughing moment ... having no weapons to throw to Mad , i decided to sideshift when he was on my right side pushing him out but also me with him :D

Mad-Ice
29th July 2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah i also remember a lot of races on phamtom class. Racing 4 laps in first position with asayyeah breathing in my neck. Very, very intense. Everytime i thought: Yes, yes i am going to win, and in the last few seconds he beat me with a well aimed rocket or a well placed bomb, and ok i admit, sometimes the tension was too big so i hit the wall in the last curve. That were the days!!!

Asayyeah
30th July 2006, 01:17 PM
' caribou ' :D

Hope everything is ok in Yala, take care of you & Ingeborg

Mad-Ice
2nd August 2006, 04:31 PM
Yes i will.

Already had some great WipEout moments here. Eventhough there is no electricity here, where we are. Sometimes we go to the city, Kisumu where i can charge my PSP. So i have beaten all my previous records three times, in Phantom class for the Alfa league and the first two tracks in Beta league. Great moments, indeed.

Riccardo Raccis
20th August 2006, 01:04 AM
Being destroyed during full acceleration in Phantom Sol 2. Ship flies out of the track engulfed in flames, teleports back on track still in flames, flies out of the track, teleports back on and finally explodes. Surreal.

Airrider
22nd August 2006, 03:25 AM
That happened to me recently on Karbonis, with a Feisar.

Zerow
18th December 2006, 09:23 PM
Had an awesome Pure moment earlier on. On the first lap of a race on Sebenco Climb (a.k.a The Sweet Pure Track Of The Gods :g), I reached the last corner of the uphill climb before the downhill stretch, only to see that one of the AI opponents had turned into the corner too tightly and got stuck on the inside kerb.

Might not sound like much, right? Well, what made it all the more hilarious was the fact that at least four other AI ships did the same thing, ploughing into the first one and causing a pile up on the inside of the turn. They were quite literally unable to move untill I swept past them! LMAO.

That's quite easily one of my best recent Pure moments. :rock

Chill
20th December 2006, 03:42 AM
One of my favorite pure moments was on the last race on decension in phantom awhile ago... racing for a gold... tied with another craft... had hardly any energy on the last lap, past him up after a hard league of racing when he shot a plasma bolt toward me, looked to my review screen, and barely dodged it when a recieved a turbo and sped up to the finish line, kick ASS!! Felt like that was a well deserved gold... I love close races a hell a lot a hell-a-lot more than easy ones, that's why I only play Phantom on Pure, great A.I.!! Have had plenty more moments on that speed class...

Zerow
22nd December 2006, 09:01 PM
Earlier on, I encountered a possible bug (albeit a very small one) - quite wierd, but very cool at the same time.

During a race at Odessa Keys, I broke away from the rest of the pack and, as I was flying along, noticed that my ship wasn't making any actual noise. I could hear the 'Whoosh!' as I passed over the boost pads, the squelching/crunching noise whenever I brushed against the track-side walls, and the distant wail of rockets failing to hit their intended victim(s), but my ship was utterly silent. Strange. Definitely won't be forgetting that moment for a while. :dizzy

Asayyeah
23rd December 2006, 09:13 PM
Few kai racers did experimented that uniquely on Classique 2 pack ( i was one of them) : i always thought it was due to the lag or pb from Kai sending datas but seems no with what happend to you.

:guitar enjoy the silence:guitar - Depech Mode Owen's remix

:D

lunar
23rd December 2006, 10:32 PM
Once I was racing on Kai and the ships infront had trails. I`d forgotten all about it from when I closed kai that time, until now, but I kid you not. I think they were blue, like in the old games, and it freaked me out somewhat! I can`t remember details, but it was quite recently, I think after I upgraded to 3.01 firmware. And no this was not the result of dodgy mushrooms! :)

Zerow
23rd December 2006, 10:37 PM
Had another unforgettable moment today. Upped my Vector SR lap record for Vineta K by a considerable amount - so much so that I actually beat my TT lap record. :o

Talk about the unexpected! :g

Zerow
24th December 2006, 10:53 PM
Man, the awesome Pure moments keep coming for me lately!

This one occured again on Sebenco Climb. I exited the last corner and activated a Turbo down the start/finish straight, only to drift a bit too far right and slam into that pole thingy near the start/finish line. I bounced clean away like a football kicked against a wall, coming to rest on the grid on my side. :dizzy

Lesson learnt, methinks: don't push yourself too hard. :D

qirex-rd
25th December 2006, 01:13 AM
I dont know if its cool, but my qirex ship sometimes
lands on the roof and it is flying like this, very slow of course.
That throws me back many positions. It doesnt happen
in other WipEout so often, but it also happens in the 1st WipEout.

Rapier Racer
25th December 2006, 03:42 PM
No!!! now to quote carlito "Thats not cool"

Zerow
25th December 2006, 08:56 PM
Once I was racing on Kai and the ships infront had trails. I`d forgotten all about it from when I closed kai that time, until now, but I kid you not. I think they were blue, like in the old games, and it freaked me out somewhat!

Speaking of nostalgia, earlier today on Paris Hair, I had a mild side-on collision with the track-side wall, and it slowed me to a complete halt, just like in the original game. I couldn't help but smile, irritating though it was. :g

Zerow
21st February 2007, 09:21 PM
Another brilliant moment occured upon me earlier today during the Cardcity Run stage of an Omega tournament. I was on the last lap, in the lead in an Auricom, with that weapons-biased monster that we know as Triakis right behind me.

Right as I was about to begin the climb up the up-hill corkscrew for the last time, that aforementioned Triakis nailed me from behind with some rockets, and as it passed, dropped a bomb right in front of me as I began to move again!

Certain that I didn't stand a chance of catching the Triakis up, I soldiered on glumly; but as I approached the final hairpin, I caught sight of it again. A couple of nerve-wracking seconds and several barrel-rolls later, I snatched the lead back from the Triakis as we approached the final drop-off and crossed the line in first.

Huzzah! :banzai

Asayyeah
22nd February 2007, 07:11 PM
that aforementioned Triakis nailed me from behind with some rockets, and as it passed, dropped a bomb right in front of me as I began to move again!
:D reminds me some great moment on kai with that kind of combo offensive/defensive shot on a poor goteki .

sweet finish you did :+

alterego
23rd February 2007, 09:37 AM
Hi All.

recently i'm training to make a backquake against AI (I do not have Kai).

it has happened to me to see to explode an icaras that it arrived while I launch the backquake.

it's a big fun ;) :D

Read you soon
CdRom

Rapier Racer
25th February 2007, 11:05 AM
I think I should put my cool moment in.

Killed the other 3 guys on Kai all at once :D

Airrider
26th February 2007, 12:57 AM
I threw somebody off the huge ramp in the Chenghou Projects once...I saw them fly off the side before reaching the front edge...coolest pass ever.

B[one]
27th February 2007, 09:26 AM
Oh this topic is cool !
My best moment was hmmmm ~oh yeah Vinetka K phantom freeplay, and after 2nd jump I use the boost at the very right moment and very right place and ... I jumped so high I could see a part of the circuit from above like a bird lol .. that was crazy :banzai

il_NIK
28th February 2007, 12:23 PM
I'm sure

we will fill this thread after Amsterdam's convention :banzai :D :pirate :dizzy

Asayyeah
5th March 2007, 07:08 PM
200 % sure
:hyper

phl0w
8th March 2007, 04:39 PM
Best initial moment playing purE? Hearing "those" two words for the first time. The other moment being my first outraced quake and backquake eliminating the Medievil craft in 2nd place.
But come to think of it, today something weird happened. I can't remember the track, I think it was from delta or c2 pack. I turbostarted the usual way steering immediately to the right to avoid the traffic in the middle but somehow was too far to the right and when I crossed the start/finish line I suddenly got slingshot 90° up in the air flying higher and higher, not coming down for ~5 seconds, that's when I was sent back to the track again. I tried to reproduce it, as I thought my Piranha's right airbrake might have caught the device that emits the start/finish line and tried to pass it as close as possible but w/o any luck. Anyone else who has happened that to him?

Zerow
8th March 2007, 08:33 PM
I've had a fair few occasions where I drift far too left/right or spend more time airbourne than I really ought to at that area of the track, and end up clipping a trackside object or a bridge suspended above the track, causing me to be walloped away like a pinball, either right back across the track or into the air. I don't think the start/finish line could do something like that, so I guess, like me, you clipped an object that's right next to the trackside.

Tomahawk
8th March 2007, 08:43 PM
I've experienced that on some tracks there's some kind of obstacle sticking out on the very right or the very left side of the track, right where the start/finish line is. If you go too far right or left while crossing the line you'll hit it and this usually ends in an unexpected and devastating disaster - like your ship suddenly flying nose first straight up into the sky at incredible speed, getting turned around 90° or even 180° or whatever nightmare can happen to an AG pilot who is totally focused on his race and therefore absolutely high on adrenalin. :dizzy

Mad-Ice
22nd March 2007, 06:55 PM
YIHAA! It's about time I post something new here!

Today I was doing a Giant Tourno Alterego style. Flying on Sol 2 in the second round. I missed my speedpad just after the starting grid, Number two passed me and dropped a bomb exactly before me, I hit the bomb fly in the air and on the side grind did a barrelroll and passed number one again!! What a move, superb. :bat :banzai

Sausehuhn
25th March 2007, 08:15 PM
coolest WipEout Pure moment?

The European WipEout Convention 2007 in Amsterdam I would say :hyper

borell
26th March 2007, 07:26 AM
coolest WipEout Pure moment?

The European WipEout Convention 2007 in Amsterdam I would say :hyper

lol I can for sure not argue against it.

Mad-Ice
26th March 2007, 10:28 AM
Amen to that! I am still transcending on the buzz from this unforgetable weekend! We wrote Wipeout history!

stin
26th March 2007, 11:09 AM
Totally agree with you max:+

stevie:g

il_NIK
26th March 2007, 03:09 PM
Coolest? there's a frozen ones:

on Karbonis (track that I hate like all the classic one),

I was behind "Fast Classic Alterego" with my PumaI when I take the bomb of Alterego (thanks :nod ), restarted I fall down the fracture (too low speed), restarted I was taken by a missile, restarted I fall down again, restarted I take the mines dropped after a bend, restarted I was reached again by Alterego, then I hit with perfection his second bomb...then I enjoy myself with a great explosion...

Mad-Ice
26th March 2007, 03:17 PM
Laughing my arse of Nik. That's Convention time indeed. 4 laps first and getting shot on the last curve finishing last. Everything is possible except for beating ASA. Congrats again my friend.:clap

Sausehuhn
26th March 2007, 04:11 PM
No even that is possible! Remember when he finished last on... erm... was it a Delta track?
Though, that's really not often the case.

infoxicated
26th March 2007, 04:16 PM
:D bad luck, Il Nik - I struggle badly at Karbonis. (yes, and everywhere else at Phantom, Max!)

I have a few moments from Saturday evening that were brilliant.

First one was when I overtook Clarko and AmigoJack on the last lap of Iridia, only to fly too close to the wall and hit the timing post at the finish line, making my ship do a backflip and lose the race! :bomb

Second was betting shot from behind by Il NiK as we both got to the final jump at Sinucit. I had a turbo and used it just as he shot me, so we both jumped through the air together and I just beat him to the line. :D

Lastly was when Dag launched a quake as I left the big jump at Modesto Heights. I landed on top of the quake wave and it rebounded my ship into the advertising billboard across the track, losing so much shield from the double hit that I exploded in the billboard! Extremely cool way to go, watching the others pass under my explosion! 8)

Afterwards Dag said "Sorry Foxy!"

"No problem." I replied, "that's WipEout!" :nod

stin
26th March 2007, 04:56 PM
Coolest? there's a frozen ones:

on Karbonis (track that I hate like all the classic one),

I was behind "Fast Classic Alterego" with my PumaI when I take the bomb of Alterego (thanks :nod ), restarted I fall down the fracture (too low speed), restarted I was taken by a missile, restarted I fall down again, restarted I take the mines dropped after a bend, restarted I was reached again by Alterego, then I hit with perfection his second bomb...then I enjoy myself with a great explosion...

Me and Arnaud were killing outselves laughing while reading this!

I gotta admit, I have my moments but the one I really like is rom alterego, keep saying to me after second session "you bastard you bastard" cos I'm keeps beating and killing him on each track and I always says to everybody while racing in a high tone voice "I'm coming through!"

stevie;)

Asayyeah
26th March 2007, 05:18 PM
Oh yes Niko , you make us laugh a lot ! that multi-respawn on Karbonis was a killer !!

No even that is possible! Remember when he finished last on... erm... was it a Delta track?
Lol you right i finished last on 5 on karbonis track and then 4th on Sagarmatha but i saved my arse fiishing well that **** classique1 tournament ( ending by a 2nd place for me)

My best moment spent was on an unofficial tour we did with Del , RR & Poi on a descension . Loyal to my Ag Sys during all the weekend , i was shot by a perfect plasma from Del's triakis on Sinucit , next track was my Preciousss one :Blue Ridge my floaty Ag Sys did the job perfectly well in eliminating Del's triakis ( Thx for the beer Tom :beer ) and ermmm sorry RR for shooting you at the same moment ;) you wasn't my target :sonar

Vic Cachou
26th March 2007, 05:40 PM
I think Nico's one will be unbeatable, lollll

But for me, i remember a marvellous race on Blue Ridge, with nearly all the best wipers in a very close 5-players race. I managed one of my best race ever, and was still first at the last turn of the last lap... when i heard "missile" ! Although my prayers, i've been shoted and... not 2nd, no more 3rd or 4th, and even not 5th, but abandon... and the worst was that during the 2 seconds of explosion, i had time to see the 4 others passing me !!!

But like Foxy says, it is wipeout...

alterego
26th March 2007, 07:57 PM
Hi All.

I Love the Convention!!!

I've have a lot of fun in speak loudly some 'bad words' to Tom 'Plasma' Tomahawk and Stevie 'Quake' Stin :D

I loyal to my Icaras or 123Klan when I saw in my race one of this two 'Ships Killers', really 'Bastard Inside' ;) , I had only a thought about the color of the smoke of my next future explosion.... :D ah! ah! ah! Booooom!!! :D

not enough ....... Asa Sensei has invented the 'death match' with only the zone ship .......... a big lough every explosion of that tiny and light ship ...... and Tom Kick my Ass with so many Pulse Ray.......sigh! :D

Read You Soon
CdRom

ps. i remember the last race in blue ridge, i'm fifth at the half of the last turn and i listen in my headphone 'contender eliminated' when i'm entering in the last tunnel i'm fourth, but pass 1 sec and Max says loudly 'Impossible, impossible!'.....mmmh? i see his Assegai turned upside down in the last bend and i'm third!
Wipeout is a super game! and the best is its maxim:"Let's Be Friends!" :)

Tomahawk
26th March 2007, 08:48 PM
Looks like all of us are having some great moments to remember from our convention, guys. For me, numerous moments to remember and it's two moments I'd like to share here.

First one would be that absolutely fantastic battle I had with Foxy on khara descent. We were passing each other numerous times throughout the race and kept bombing, mining and shooting each other. Rob won that battle on me by about a nose's length in the end. Congrats mate! I really enjoyed that one!

Second one is the Zone ship tournament with Asa and a third player (sorry mate, but I don't remember your name right now...) in which I finally got my revenge on Asayeah for the many times he blew me up on kai till today. One well aimed plasma and Woooosh! - the sensei's ship was burning with a sweet "contender eliminated" in my ears. :g But I'm sure our master pilot will take his revenge for that on kai in a few days *sigh* :pirate

infoxicated
28th March 2007, 04:26 PM
Yes! I remember that well, Tom - fantastic racing. :+

lunar
25th June 2007, 02:22 PM
I wrote this AGES ago, one night after playing Kai, when everyone was asleep and I was too buzzing to do the same. Something reminded me to finally edit it (yes it used to be longer) and post it, for those with endurance to read it. War and Peace is slightly longer, but this has the advantage of having absolutely nothing but WAR in it. It`s a Kai Report from when Mad-Ice was staying chez Arnaud, in Le Havre. Hopefully Pulse will bring us many more times like this. We had so many great moments playing Pure on Kai, but this tour was the most memorable for me :D

__________________________________________________ ______________

This is the even more amazing sequel to the original 123 Karnage race event, the report for which can be found here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=59382&highlight=Karnage#post59382)
So, I bring you:

123 Karnage: Part Deux – Stella Strike

Omega Tour, Phantom Class

the grid:

Rapier Racer: RRA, Qirex, Scotland
Mad-Ice: MAD, Goteki 45, Netherlands, currently on tour in Le Havre, France
Stin: STN, Goteki 45, Scotland
Lunar: SPK, Goteki 45, England
Assayeah: ASA, Icaras, Le Havre, France

This Omega tour started innocently enough with a speedy win for MAD on Burgertown. There was no way for ASA to catch him after a violent start with many weapon exchanges, while SPK and STN battled for third, with the Scotsman taking the five points after smooth flying. RRA, the former serial killer of 123 Klan, received some 123 Karma and was eliminated.

Burgertown

MAD 8
ASA 6
STN 5
SPK 4
RRA 0

When the same happened to the dreaded RRA again, on Cardcity, it was perhaps beyond the reach of even such a lethal pilot to come back and compete in this tour, though a near reversal of the top four positions from race 1 meant the tour was in a deadly balance for the rest, after SPK broke clear of the mayhem behind to win.

Cardcity Run results:

SPK 8
STN 6
MAD 5
ASA 4
RRA 0

Top 4 Standings after Cardcity Run

MAD 13
SPK 12
STN 11
ASA 10

On Paris Hair, ASA, MAD, and SPK battled for the lead until lap three when MAD began to assert himself infront. But, just at that moment, SPK in third place witnessed a brutal plasma shot from the french marksman: the dutchman`s Goteki stood no chance. The master blaster of Le Havre then focussed on his piloting and his racing lines, to take the win.

Paris Hair Results:

ASA 8
SPK 6
STN 5
RRA 4
MAD 0

There was then a punch up in Le Havre, with ASA feeling MAD`s anger, as well as his left boot in the frenchman`s mouth. Eventually racing could resume with a tense final race in prospect. The top 4 standings after Paris Hair were:

ASA 18
SPK 18
STN 16
MAD 13

SPK went into the final race knowing that beating ASA was the priority. To win the tour he would have to take care of the frenchman somehow, and hope that STN would not finish too far ahead. As the grid positions were revealed he was disapointed to see himself given 4th, but he cheered up quite a bit when he saw that ASA had been given 5th, to his right and back on the grid. Ready…. Go…… At the start SPK put in a hard shift to the right and this seemed to prevent his main rival, in the Icaras, getting a good launch. Dirty tricks, but this was no time to play nice. Looking good for the English pilot….. SPK sat in fourth for lap 1, with ASA behind. A monkey-turbo BR at the end of the lap took SPK up into second place, behind MAD. SPK then picked up a missile, waited for MAD to reach the open section on lap 2, fired. Off went MAD…… just as a bomb came into view ahead, taking SPK off the side also. Both ships respawned in their previous positions, with the chasing pack now much closer. This seemed to make MAD focus himself, he took off ahead and was not seen again in that race. SPK did not panic, a glance behind told that RRA and STN were between him and ASA. But not for long: primed with a supply of missiles and rockets the two Bravehearts soon took SPK down to fourth. But still, ASA was behind and SPK remained on course for gold, no need to panic. A few laps of battling followed, between SPK, RRA and STN, with 2nd-4th position changing all the time. At the start of lap 5 all pilots were feeling the pressure, and a mistake from SPK saw him drop to fourth again, and as he recovered from the wall hit ASA sped by – suddenly the Frenchman was on course to win the tour instead. But SPK, now 5th and facing disaster, still didn`t despair – he picked up a turbo on the open section, to save for the monkey hill at the end, and knew he had a great chance. He sat in 5th, while ASA ploughed into the fight with RRA and STN, unable to force his way through on the narrow straight after the open section. Even if ASA had a turbo too, SPK was confident he couldn`t cleanly use it with RRA and STN so close ahead of him. Shield was low, a slight worry, but SPK had just enough energy for the final BR at the monkey. SPK was just a second down on the pack as the monkey came into view – in fifth place, but confident the tour was his. He hit turbo and sailed over the heads of RRA, STN and ASA – nice smooth BR, landed cleanly pointing down the final straight towards glory…… then….. “Missile”.... SPK hears the deadly warning, but the missile will never hit him as another pilot has his sights on the Englishman, with an even deadlier weapon..... Over the last weapon pad STN has picked up a plasma bolt, and now has ASA and then SPK both ahead of him. It`s now or never for the Scotsman and he has SPK in his sights with the plasma charging: the deadly bolt is unleashed and crashes into the side of SPK`s Goteki 45, he is thrown into the wall, out of control, and explodes instantly. ASA is still ahead of STN, but ASA is passing by the explosion of SPK`s ship – now he is on course to win the tour, but he is caught in the blast of SPK`s dying Goteki, his shield is critical, and the Frenchman`s Icaras cannot survive the blast. He also is eliminated, by the same plasma blast, with the finish in sight, as STN waves to the crowd and cruises down the final straight to a glorious tournament win, achieved with one plasma and a double elimination on the last corner of the last race of the tour!

123 Klan Results:

MAD 8
STN 6
RRA 5
ASA 0
SPK 0

Phantom Omega Results:

STN 22
MAD 21
SPK 18
ASA 18
RRA (unsure of final points, the reporter was too busy laughing and crying……)

Amazing events – but it wasn`t all over. Just two races later, on Anulpha Pass, start of the final lap, ASA and SPK once again demonstrated a synchronized son et lumiere at the hands of a single pilot with a single rocket shot. This time the eliminations were so well-timed that all the pilots heard was one “contender eliminated” with a strange echo. The culprit has not been found, but the name of RRA has been mentioned in connection with the incident, and FX300 Authorities are most interested in questioning him.

Asayyeah
25th June 2007, 03:03 PM
Oh thanks Stephen to remind us that so cool tournament we did months ago.
That was truly a great kai action where everything was possible.
You comment it perfectly we can feel again the pressure we had :+

Rapier Racer
25th June 2007, 04:44 PM
lol! Good report quite detailed, nicely showing up how good I am at Omega......

Hopefully more fun times with Pulse are ahead, and Pure!! it's not dead yet. Rockets you say? What rockets? :g

Mad-Ice
25th June 2007, 08:26 PM
Jihhaa! What a tension and what a races that where! Superb action. I had a great laugh while reading it on the tip of my chair. :+ Very well and detailled written down, again I was on the track in the same moment.

stin
25th June 2007, 09:14 PM
Lunar!, Do you realised, it did took me a while to remember for my stupid memory to pick that up! and I did read it three times and I can actually feel the tension there and I`m absolutely loving it! It`s like I`m there to race you all guys through Kai.

Anyway, Thank you for me to remember this and I can say one thing for you on the last bend!, I picked up Plasma Bolt on the last weapons and shoot whoever there is, then I hit Lunar first then ASA and two of their did ships exploded and I burst out laughing so hard while I cruise to win the league!

Lastly, I`m soooooooo glad you kept that story which you just did!

stevie:g

q_dmc12
25th June 2007, 11:25 PM
LOL! WOW!! Its like I'm right there listening to the announcer!:clap You should go into sports broadcasting!!

I wish I was there to witness it all - when was this?:D:+

lunar
26th June 2007, 04:21 PM
Ben, I think it was back in January.

Stevie, I never realised it was really a plasma that did the damage. I heard a missile warning only, and assumed it was that. I have re-edited the story to get the facts right. ;)

Task
26th June 2007, 06:02 PM
It was a fantastic tale with the Missile, it's even better with a Plasma!

Good shot stin! 8 O

Task
3rd July 2007, 02:03 AM
Getting back on topic, I finally have my own "best Pure experience"!

So I'm doing the SR for Blue Ridge, and it's a hell of a tough fly in my high-speed, low-thrust Tigron, but I need to manage it in a high-shield ship if I want to survive since I'm getting eliminated with disturbing frequency. I've got the TT beat already, so I should have a good enough line, but I do TT with Zone, which hardly handles like a Tigron.

So it's my first attempt, and I'm flying fine, trading weapon fire with opponents as I pass them, doing barrel rolls, slamming the occasional wall, and partway through the fourth lap I've achieved first place! I've got a mad Goteki on my tail though, and he really wants 1st place back! Unfortunately, we're headed towards the final section where I'm at my worst and he's at his best, I can see him passing me there. Oh, look, a speed boost pickup! Great, I'll just hold this for a couple seconds till I've made that last corner and the prize is mine! Here it is, going through the final S nicely, hard right airbrake for the turn... "Plasma Bolt!" Oh no, he's got me in his sights! Quick! Hit the boost!

Any my flaming carcass shoots over the finish line!

I actually got 4 lap times, but I didn't get the gold! Or any positional ranking, since I was eliminated.

Here's the best part of the story though: It took me the rest of the day to get that gold. I've been doing Free Play and Single Race on that track all day, and until just an hour ago it was all 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Or not finishing at all. Several times, I lost it on that final corner. Several times he was 12 seconds ahead of me at the end of the 3rd lap and I just couldn't quite make up the gap.

Some of these tracks, man...

lunar
4th July 2007, 12:14 AM
Nice story, similarly some of the other greatest Pure moments we`ve had on Kai are those occasions where someone crosses the line in flames, but still gets the result. In multiplayer tournaments you can be eliminated, but still get the points if you crash and burn over the line, which rocks. In other finish line dramas, we`ve even had a couple of dead-heats with both pilots getting the same time, to the hundredth. In these cases I think it gives the 8 points in alphabetical order. When you`re racing Asayyeah this can hurt, which is why I have already reserved Aardvark as my handle for Pulse online. :p

Task
4th July 2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I'm sure I've read at least two posts in this thread alone about crossing the line in flames. It's just so dramatic, it's really great that you don't magically vanish off the track when you die or something. I wonder how much thought/planning went into the death sequence for WO:Pure?

Was it determined ahead of time that dying shouldn't kill your lap if you make it over the line? Was there an item on the development to-do list that you couldn't win a race being dead, but you could set a lap record? I doubt it, but it's always possible!

Chill
4th July 2007, 04:29 AM
Wow!!! I've never went up in flames while floating over the line!!! Sweet!!! :o I downloaded all the Wipeout pure stuff for euro ver., but I think theirs so much stuff on their now, that when things get a little heated up, my game freezes, so so much for greatest moments on the Euro Version... :(

mdhay
4th July 2007, 08:08 AM
What I would recommend is side-shifting whilst looking behind you. That way, you may be able to avoid the bolt. That's what I did, and the guy in front(zone, 1st position)got blasted instead! I finished in first! I, sadly, can't do it again. :(

Rapier Racer
4th July 2007, 10:40 AM
I don't think I've ever had the fun of crossing the line in flames, normally they kill me way before that (occasionally lol) and by they I mean ARNAUD!

I hope Pulse is the same in that you can get points on multi player when crossing the line with a falling to bits ship adds a little realism, example, if a NASCAR crosses the line on its roof the driver still gets the position and points :g

alterego
4th July 2007, 01:19 PM
Hi All.

I have lived both the situations: once I have won ending destroyed on the final line.
another time I have lost “discesa” tournament because of the ship destruction on the final line.

I believe that it depends on the point in which to the AI feels the result of “contender eliminated”… ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

Asayyeah
4th July 2007, 03:11 PM
normally they kill me way before that (occasionally lol) and by they I mean ARNAUD!

which is why I have already reserved Aardvark as my handle for Pulse online. :p

there's Aachen but mine will be Aaaargh : i could often hear that from other contenders being eliminated after a race :g

q_dmc12
6th July 2007, 02:48 PM
Last night was awsome on kai, about 1/2 hour after you left anaurd and 10 - 15 mins after borell!

I am trying to remember the course....anyway rapier_racer was kicking my ass as usual:p but this is one of the few times he saw my true potential! Auuggh! What course was it ....*moments of intense thinking*...Modesto I believe.

It was the last lap, I was already in the mind set that (this was 1on1 btw) I was going to get silver with only 1 second between us:frown: - but just after an AP and at the big jump I BR and land on a weapon pad, bounce, pickup a turbo and fire it at the last possible second and land a second time just inches in front of RRA's nosecone taking the gold with about 20 or 30 [or so] centiseconds between us! W00T!

Here is his [and my] reaction:

Rapier_Racer: WHOOOOOOO
Rapier_Racer: what the f*** lol
q_dmc12: i am dying of laughter
Rapier_Racer: that was so cool lol :D:D
q_dmc12: can;t stop laughing
Rapier_Racer: lol
q_dmc12: mere centeconds
Rapier_Racer: indeed, my last weapons was mines, useless
Rapier_Racer: considering you almost landed on my head
q_dmc12: ok, wooh - i am better now

lunar
6th July 2007, 03:12 PM
lol I can imagine the moment - lovely. :D

but I recommend that we do not regularly start getting into quoting Kai conversations on WipEoutzone. What happens in Wipeout Club stays in Wipeout Club. Non-Kai players can find out all of our real personalities when we start playing Pulse online :p ;)

No chat with Pulse online though - we are going to have to use MSN simaltaneously, at least. A bit of friendly banter is part of the experience, although looking on the bright side we can filter out all the six year olds telling us how "too nice" they are at Wipeout, "u noobz."

rdmx
7th July 2007, 12:51 AM
You COULD use teamspeak or ventrillo to SPEAK to each other instead of typing lol. So you can hear trash talk in the middle of a race ^^

stin
7th July 2007, 07:03 AM
Yes, ideally for yous but not for me:(

stevie

supersocks
7th July 2007, 03:23 PM
...and fire it at the last possible second and land a second time just inches in front of RRA's nosecone taking the gold with about 20 or 30 [or so] centiseconds between us!

Damn. Some #£$%@?% MEDIEVIL did just similar trick to me on single player venom Ascension Tournament in Sinucit just a minute ago, landing right in front of me. And I thought I was racing WAY ahead. This is so uncool it's actually cool :D.

q_dmc12
7th July 2007, 10:51 PM
You COULD use teamspeak or ventrillo to SPEAK to each other instead of typing lol. So you can hear trash talk in the middle of a race ^^

did you know that you can talk over kai:nod

Sable
10th July 2007, 09:25 PM
Lol - one of my coolest moments was when I crashed into MediEvil so hard I went underneath him and he went flying off the side of the track. Unfortunately I have neither a wireless router, broadband or the money for them. :(

Dr. Angryman
13th July 2007, 08:12 PM
I have three cool (or weird) moments for you.

1. I was racing on Manor Top in my true, blue Auricom. I was on the fourth 90 degree jump when I saw a row of mines with my name on it. It was unavoidable. :o I ran into them...and they went right through me! :hyper
I finished first. :)

2. I was doing a little free-play relaxation on Chenghou project. I was piloting the speedy Pirhana at Phantom speeds through the jumps. 8) I was racing on the wall-less section when my ship got onto the beginning of the left wall and was going over the edge. :o Well my ship went over, went THROUGH the side of the wall and went back on the track intact (and upside down :dizzy)

3. Lastly, I was piloting a FEISAR on Sol 2. I paused the game on the second "scissor head" turn. When I unpaused the game, multi-colored spikes were littered across the sky. :o To top all that, the ships had no color! They were gray! I turned of my PSP and gave myself a rest from the weird glitch I saw. :blarg

That's all for now! :D

phl0w
14th July 2007, 10:14 PM
Angryman, are you Canadian? Or just a Habs fan? =)

Dr. Angryman
14th July 2007, 10:34 PM
No, I'm not Canadian. I don't even know what a hab is! :)

phl0w
14th July 2007, 10:39 PM
Fine, forget it then ^^

Dr. Angryman
14th July 2007, 11:48 PM
Hey! I've got another weird moment! Today, I raced on Sinucit in a Harimau.
I heard an explosion and the screen flashed indicating that someone behind me hit some mines or a bomb. But when I looked at my position, I was in last.
Can anyone say, "ghost-ship"?

Task
15th July 2007, 12:19 AM
Nah, it was just the ship in 1st chasing you down. 8 )

Dr. Angryman
15th July 2007, 12:32 AM
Hah! Good one! :clap

Flashback Jack
15th July 2007, 01:22 AM
Suppose I could add one.

At the Toronto meet that recently occurred, we (Task, Spaceboy, McLaren and I) were all on a Phantom class run of Modesto Heights. We were on the last lap and I was at the front with a boost powerup stocked. As I rounded the series of final bends leading up to the start/finish line, I decided to spend my boost over the massive jump.

Up my AG-SYS went, the curvature of the earth down below. Well, I wasn't that high, but we can exaggerate can't we? Anyhow, when I came down, I landed squarely atop the billboard at the end of the straight and bounced back upward for roughly a full five seconds, allowing McLaren to sail past me for the win (yeah guy!).

- F

Shinji16
17th July 2007, 05:58 PM
I have two moments I can share.

1) Playing Free Play for the first time. I enjoyed Vineta K for a good 30min in my first session.

2) Seeing Sol 2 for the first time. That track is gorgeous.

I had some similar reactions with the Delta and Gamma packs, but Sol 2 was so close to my introductions to Pure.

Dr. Angryman
17th July 2007, 06:33 PM
The longest time I spent in freeplay was about an hour. I was seeing if I could do 100 laps on Mandrashee! :)

Shinji16
19th July 2007, 10:38 PM
The longest time I spent in freeplay was about an hour. I was seeing if I could do 100 laps on Mandrashee! :)

I'm getting all my TT medals (I'm on Venom in TT and Rapier in SR at the moment, with all Gold SRs in Vector through Flash andfor Alpha on Rapier) and I just had to wrestle with Mandrashee on Venom for a good 20min on Free Play before I could get the line just right. I know, I reek of nub-ness...

phl0w
19th July 2007, 11:57 PM
I spent tons of time playing Freeplay. In fact my stats page says I spent as much as playing Tournaments. Freeplay is amazing to try out different lines and cornering techniques. I do hate it though when I beat one of my Single Lap TT records in Freeplay knowing those won't count for the records page here 8)

Had some great moments, too much to talk about them. What I like best is, when things happen out of pure luck the first time (one may think) but then all of a sudden occur on a regular basis. Like going left on sinucit and firing a plasma blindly uphill into the forking, eliminating someone :rock

Dr. Angryman
20th July 2007, 01:25 AM
I just like to look at the scenery in freeplay. You'll notice many neat things. :)

lunar
20th July 2007, 07:25 AM
I do hate it though when I beat one of my Single Lap TT records in Freeplay knowing those won't count for the records page here

They do count - I would say that almost every Pure lap record on the tables has been set in Free Play, by making use of the previous lap`s turbo to start the record attempt lap. The main verification we have for our times is what is entered in our profiles and as the game does not distinguish between TT and Free Play times we can`t either. There`s no advantage in speed to Free Play, it just has the convenience of not demanding you to restart the races when going for hot laps :)

Shinji16
20th July 2007, 01:37 PM
I do hate it though when I beat one of my Single Lap TT records in Freeplay knowing those won't count for the records page here...

WHAT?! Oh **** I have re-do all my records... *begins hyperventilating into a brown paper bag*

They do count...

*Breathing stills and tosses the bag out*

Phl0w, don't scare me like that; last thing I need right now... ^_^

Dr. Angryman
20th July 2007, 06:56 PM
They do count...

I remember when I broke 19 seconds on Karbonis IV. What a day that was! :)

Chill
21st July 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm getting all my TT medals (I'm on Venom in TT and Rapier in SR at the moment, with all Gold SRs in Vector through Flash andfor Alpha on Rapier) and I just had to wrestle with Mandrashee on Venom for a good 20min on Free Play before I could get the line just right. I know, I reek of nub-ness...

I've actually spent a lot of time on freeplay, playing each track per day up to 100 laps, one track each day, through the list about each week, that was my casual practice for a long while...

alterego
21st July 2007, 05:53 AM
Hi All.

Last evening on kai RRA(Rapier),513(Borell) and me run and fight so much ;)

i'm arrive last every time...i need training in fighting ;) but the first and last time when i'm second in a run (Sol2) a Pulse Ray blow up my Goteki on the finish line! aaaargh!
:D
Next Time it will be different....i hope ;)

Read You soon
CdRom

Mad-Ice
21st July 2007, 12:08 PM
He guys and especially Alterego, who had his first kai sessions. I know it is so great to fight each other on kai. I am sure missing it after that superb time spent in Le Havre, together with all you guys. Ok enjoy some more, Pulse is on the way, so see you soon on the new tracks.

Medusa
28th July 2007, 07:56 PM
So here I was today, racing Sebenco Climb on Phantom in my AG-SYS (stubborn beggar that I am), trying for my first gold. Every race I'd get in front, then get quaked and watch the whole field zoom past whilst sliding downhill backwards. Which was getting annoying. I mean, how many silvers can you get without improving? Don't answer that.
So I hit race again...and off I go but this time I am stuck in sixth for 2 laps, right in the middle of the pack. Finally I get going so quickly that my PSP stops calling the weapons aimed at me - for an entire lap.
So here I am in my weak little ship, in a pack of rabid AI, literally racing in a haze of red because there are quakes, bombs, rockets and missiles flying around and at me so quickly that I swear the game actually slowed down in addition to my weapon warning system being SILENT! It reminded me of XL when the game sloowwwed right down on Phantom in the Qirex.
At this point I thought, I am getting my butt whipped by the supposedly poor AI in Pure! I just started laughing and couldn't stop, my PSP was shaking around and I was still racing in a reddish haze, and when I finally stopped laughing, I looked up to the corner of the screen and what do you know?
Lap 5, and I was in 2nd place! Up to the final curve before the starting grid, and I see who is ahead of me - just. Medievil. ICK!
This is the good part. Just as I am about to pass him with the beautiful thrust of AG Systems, I tap Medieval. Just a tiny little tap. "CONTENDER ELIMINATED"!! Yes, I eliminated him, not I, and consequently got my first gold in Phantom on Sebenco Climb.
This is the first time I can really say I had great fun playing Pure on my own (ie. not on Kai). That's what I call a love tap.

Dr. Angryman
28th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Technically speaking, the friction of the wind on the Medeival ship should be enough to make it explode. ;)

Airrider
31st July 2007, 09:43 PM
I've combined little moments on courses to create almost cinematic moves.\

Example: Exostra Run. I've rolled onto the sidewall, surfed on the rail, hopped back onto the course and passed a couple racers in the process.

Timing a Turbo makes so many little racing moments look cool.

zargz
1st August 2007, 12:18 AM
Just a tiny little tap. "CONTENDER ELIMINATED"!! Yes, I eliminated him, not I, and consequently ..Did you eliminate him or didn't you? :?

alterego
1st August 2007, 06:54 AM
Hi All.

Yesterday in the evening me, raiden and others are on Kai for some races.....we choose the Asa's eliminator mode with only Zone ship in Rapier class.......what a quantity of cool moments!

I want remember one in Vohl Square so funny! ;)

I hide my ship in the last tunnel on the first WP to shot Raiden when he pass, but he stop behind me and start to shoot me on the second WP.....ah ah
for a minute we run in circle shoot each other like a mortal 'gimkana'.....ah ah ah in the end he catch a pulse ray and shoot me in the front.....I.....Booom! lol! ;) :D

another cool moment on Sebenco Climb Raiden first in the last turn and last bend of the race I desperate shoot a pulse and catch him, pass him with some mines in his face......and win!

WipeOut it's so adrenalinic!

Let's be Friends!

Read you soon
CdRom

Medusa
1st August 2007, 10:02 PM
Yes zargz I eliminated him. I typed "not I" because that is generally what I do to myself when I race...:p

Dr. Angryman
3rd August 2007, 12:42 AM
I remember that on Mandrashee, on Phantom speed, right on the "corkscrew" you'll get a small jump, and when you try to turn, your ship will point towards the sky. The longest time I was in the air was about 7 seconds.

phl0w
7th August 2007, 11:46 PM
Coolest PURE moments? Don't misunderstand this as boasting, but I'm so happy right now about my first Top 5 Time Trial on WOZ, that I wanted it to share with you fellas. Whoever is interested: It's on Anulpha Pass, Phantom. My name on the tables is Flo Kon (first three letters of my real first and surname). :hyper:hyper:hyper

Again, I'm sorry, but happy nonetheless.

Asayyeah
10th August 2007, 12:10 AM
Congratulation Flo (rian?) this is truly great score :+
ermm just a little thing, if you don't mind could you add to your records page your real name , you know the missing letters you were talking ;)
thx for that

phl0w
10th August 2007, 09:25 PM
add (...) the missing letters you were talkingDone!

Asayyeah
20th August 2007, 01:06 AM
Thank you mate :+

swift killer
20th August 2007, 06:32 PM
pulling off barrel roll boost on the smallest of jumps &.......
backward quaking :D

kaori
25th August 2011, 07:03 PM
I had lot of fun yesterday to do that : pictures (https://picasaweb.google.com/MXNormandie/DNFSeries?authkey=Gv1sRgCPi025OltpKh0wE#)

MrSmadSmartAlex
27th August 2011, 10:44 PM
Haha, amazing. I'm never playing Pure weps on with you! :D

Xpand
30th August 2011, 04:46 PM
Pretty recent one: When I was uploading WO pure's records I discovered that my time trial record in Anulpha Pass got me the 8th place in the WZ ranking (Phantom) with 1:55.62. And I thought that that was a lousy time trial record... :g

Dusk118
20th September 2011, 11:12 PM
When I beat my old lap ghost on Odessa Keys Flash, putting me even further on top of the list for NTSC.

When I eliminated 3 ships in one race on Modesto Heights. It's really cool to see a 5 instead of an 8 for the lower number. In this same race, two of those eliminations were with a single Plasma bolt. I don't know how, but it did.

trackripper
18th October 2011, 09:49 PM
I'd say entering the top 5 times for Sebenco Climb Rapier SL is pretty cool... :P hate myself for ruining an even faster lap at the last turn though :(

EDIT: Make that top 4. :P

Flint Fandango
19th October 2011, 06:57 PM
The moment I finally gained the rank of a Purist! (a few days ago...)
I thought it would take years...well, thanks to Icaras and finally Triakis it was a striking success. :o

FirstDave
19th October 2011, 07:09 PM
Hey ! Well done Flinty! :clap:rock

Dave.:)

Flint Fandango
20th October 2011, 07:35 AM
Thank you mate! Much appreciated! Currently, I´m stucked at a Flash-Tournament at Delta...I´m sure it will be a cool PurE moment again, if I gain a gold medal there without running into mines and bombs frequently. ;)

Stupid AI...*grumble*

Dusk118
23rd October 2011, 07:27 AM
I went ninja on Karbonis Flash during the Classic tournament, scoring a lap time of 22:09, all the while not hitting any walls in the process. I came so close to hitting the walls on the first twisted section of the track, but was extremely shocked that I walked away scratchless.

trackripper
23rd October 2011, 09:30 AM
28.21 now for Sebenco Climb Rapier LT...

EDIT: 27.85.

jesse9705
17th November 2011, 02:33 AM
My happiest moment would be when i got purist, Can't even remember when i did this, but i was like 'OMJ OMJ OMJ:hyper'

stin
13th March 2012, 05:32 PM
I wrote this AGES ago, one night after playing Kai, when everyone was asleep and I was too buzzing to do the same. Something reminded me to finally edit it (yes it used to be longer) and post it, for those with endurance to read it. War and Peace is slightly longer, but this has the advantage of having absolutely nothing but WAR in it. It`s a Kai Report from when Mad-Ice was staying chez Arnaud, in Le Havre. Hopefully Pulse will bring us many more times like this. We had so many great moments playing Pure on Kai, but this tour was the most memorable for me :D

This is the even more amazing sequel to the original 123 Karnage race event, the report for which can be found here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=59382&highlight=Karnage#post59382)
So, I bring you:

the grid:

This Omega tour started innocently enough with a speedy win for MAD on Burgertown. There was no way for ASA to catch him after a violent start with many weapon exchanges, while SPK and STN battled for third, with the Scotsman taking the five points after smooth flying. RRA, the former serial killer of 123 Klan, received some 123 Karma and was eliminated.

Burgertown

MAD 8
ASA 6
STN 5
SPK 4
RRA 0

When the same happened to the dreaded RRA again, on Cardcity, it was perhaps beyond the reach of even such a lethal pilot to come back and compete in this tour, though a near reversal of the top four positions from race 1 meant the tour was in a deadly balance for the rest, after SPK broke clear of the mayhem behind to win.

Cardcity Run results:

SPK 8
STN 6
MAD 5
ASA 4
RRA 0

MAD 13
SPK 12
STN 11
ASA 10

On Paris Hair, ASA, MAD, and SPK battled for the lead until lap three when MAD began to assert himself infront. But, just at that moment, SPK in third place witnessed a brutal plasma shot from the french marksman: the dutchman`s Goteki stood no chance. The master blaster of Le Havre then focussed on his piloting and his racing lines, to take the win.

Paris Hair Results:

ASA 8
SPK 6
STN 5
RRA 4
MAD 0

There was then a punch up in Le Havre, with ASA feeling MAD`s anger, as well as his left boot in the frenchman`s mouth. Eventually racing could resume with a tense final race in prospect. The top 4 standings after Paris Hair were:

ASA 18
SPK 18
STN 16
MAD 13

SPK went into the final race knowing that beating ASA was the priority. To win the tour he would have to take care of the frenchman somehow, and hope that STN would not finish too far ahead. As the grid positions were revealed he was disapointed to see himself given 4th, but he cheered up quite a bit when he saw that ASA had been given 5th, to his right and back on the grid. Ready…. Go…… At the start SPK put in a hard shift to the right and this seemed to prevent his main rival, in the Icaras, getting a good launch. Dirty tricks, but this was no time to play nice. Looking good for the English pilot….. SPK sat in fourth for lap 1, with ASA behind. A monkey-turbo BR at the end of the lap took SPK up into second place, behind MAD. SPK then picked up a missile, waited for MAD to reach the open section on lap 2, fired. Off went MAD…… just as a bomb came into view ahead, taking SPK off the side also. Both ships respawned in their previous positions, with the chasing pack now much closer. This seemed to make MAD focus himself, he took off ahead and was not seen again in that race. SPK did not panic, a glance behind told that RRA and STN were between him and ASA. But not for long: primed with a supply of missiles and rockets the two Bravehearts soon took SPK down to fourth. But still, ASA was behind and SPK remained on course for gold, no need to panic. A few laps of battling followed, between SPK, RRA and STN, with 2nd-4th position changing all the time. At the start of lap 5 all pilots were feeling the pressure, and a mistake from SPK saw him drop to fourth again, and as he recovered from the wall hit ASA sped by – suddenly the Frenchman was on course to win the tour instead. But SPK, now 5th and facing disaster, still didn`t despair – he picked up a turbo on the open section, to save for the monkey hill at the end, and knew he had a great chance. He sat in 5th, while ASA ploughed into the fight with RRA and STN, unable to force his way through on the narrow straight after the open section. Even if ASA had a turbo too, SPK was confident he couldn`t cleanly use it with RRA and STN so close ahead of him. Shield was low, a slight worry, but SPK had just enough energy for the final BR at the monkey. SPK was just a second down on the pack as the monkey came into view – in fifth place, but confident the tour was his. He hit turbo and sailed over the heads of RRA, STN and ASA – nice smooth BR, landed cleanly pointing down the final straight towards glory…… then….. “Missile”.... SPK hears the deadly warning, but the missile will never hit him as another pilot has his sights on the Englishman, with an even deadlier weapon..... Over the last weapon pad STN has picked up a plasma bolt, and now has ASA and then SPK both ahead of him. It`s now or never for the Scotsman and he has SPK in his sights with the plasma charging: the deadly bolt is unleashed and crashes into the side of SPK`s Goteki 45, he is thrown into the wall, out of control, and explodes instantly. ASA is still ahead of STN, but ASA is passing by the explosion of SPK`s ship – now he is on course to win the tour, but he is caught in the blast of SPK`s dying Goteki, his shield is critical, and the Frenchman`s Icaras cannot survive the blast. He also is eliminated, by the same plasma blast, with the finish in sight, as STN waves to the crowd and cruises down the final straight to a glorious tournament win, achieved with one plasma and a double elimination on the last corner of the last race of the tour!

123 Klan Results:

MAD 8
STN 6
RRA 5
ASA 0
SPK 0

Phantom Omega Results:

STN 22
MAD 21
SPK 18
ASA 18

Amazing events – but it wasn`t all over. Just two races later, on Anulpha Pass, start of the final lap, ASA and SPK once again demonstrated a synchronized son et lumiere at the hands of a single pilot with a single rocket shot. This time the eliminations were so well-timed that all the pilots heard was one “contender eliminated” with a strange echo. The culprit has not been found, but the name of RRA has been mentioned in connection with the incident, and FX300 Authorities are most interested in questioning him.

I do need to quote that, because, I was thinking of lunar and enjoyed his banter through kai. Seriously I did laughed my head off. Aah memories. Thank you Lunar ;)

stevie:)

Amaroq Dricaldari
13th October 2012, 04:37 AM
Flash Speed Lap/Free Play on Blue Ridge using Zone Ship, using a turbo on the big-jump, Barrel Rolling, and slamming on the Right Airbrakes to clear the corner. I managed that once, but I was unable to reproduce it.

Recently, I was on Citta Nouva, I was doing very poorly, and just before I reached the first hairpin, I got hit by a missile. However, getting pushed to the side actually caused me to land on the speed pads, helping me navigate the corner sequence and pull ahead in first-place.

AGSys
16th October 2012, 08:50 AM
1. There were literally 6 ships in front of me, just about to cross the line in Chenghou Project and I used the boost I preserved at the last minute and came first by half a second.

2. I won by 1 millisecond in Modesto Heights once. And I won by 3 milliseconds in Citta Nuova once. Both in Phantom.

3. I always save a boost in Modesto Heights until I reach that one big jump and that's when I use it and my ship goes incredibly high and I just love that moment when I can see the whole cityscape background of the track in front of me, and also I go over all the other ships and shave off lots of lap time.

nick98
22nd October 2012, 05:32 PM
now let me guess which track only let you come in second: citta nuova? ;)

Ehm, I always get first place in Citta Nuova in Phantom Class with my beloved Assegai!

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd October 2012, 06:15 PM
You, sir, are not human.

Also, the Double-Ramp on Chenghou Project is an absolute living nightmare (literally) on Rapier Class with the Icarus. I used a Turbo, hit the speed pad, did a barrel roll, landed on the very edge of the second ramp, and flipped upside-down. Fortunately, my momentum kept me going, and then I hit the speed pad, flipping my craft right-side-up.

That was hilarious, awesome, and downright frightening, all at the same time.

nick98
15th November 2012, 04:23 PM
You, sir, are not human.
Then what am I, an android? XD No really, do I really play like an Asian in Pure? ^^

DDD113
7th September 2013, 10:20 PM
Hmm, best moment... I think I actually have to say that the best moment I ever saw (in terms of the entertainment I got out of it) came from watching my friend race at Staten Park. I had just introduced him to WipEout, and he had picked up the handling for Pure rather quickly. It was his first time at Staten Park (in Vector) and he pulled out to an early lead. He was feeling pretty good and making comments about how good he was at this track, and how he was dominating. This all ended quickly on the final lap: As he was approaching that really tiny jump before the last corner on the last lap, the electronic voice said "Quake." He tried to stay in the middle of the track and kept the accelerator jammed, but right before his ship began to go off the jump, he was hit by the quake, which, at Vector slows you nearly to a stop, and his ship managed to drift over the jump going slow enough that it fell into the abyss and had to be respawned in fourth place. I was laughing so hard at this point, and he couldn't believe the turn of events. He failed to advance his position and gained no medal, which angered him even more. It took me a few minutes to calm down, that was one of the unluckiest WipEout experiences I have ever seen, and I give him hell to this day about falling into one of the smallest track splits in WipEout. It's become a classic story between us, and I will never forget it.

stin
27th June 2021, 08:17 PM

So, I bring you:

the grid:

Burgertown

MAD 8
ASA 6
STN 5
SPK 4
RRA 0

Cardcity Run results:

SPK 8
STN 6
MAD 5
ASA 4
RRA 0

MAD 13
SPK 12
STN 11
ASA 10

Paris Hair Results:

ASA 8
SPK 6
STN 5
RRA 4
MAD 0

ASA 18
SPK 18
STN 16
MAD 13

123 Klan Results:

MAD 8
STN 6
RRA 5
ASA 0
SPK 0

Phantom Omega Results:

STN 22
MAD 21
SPK 18
ASA 18

Maybe old but that is the best pure moments for a long time!

Wish lunar can read this again if he is back online again

stevie 🤗