PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2097 working on PS2 ?

Dudemeister
5th June 2006, 10:07 AM
Hi there, I just tried Wipeout 2097 on my ps2 and the game starts and runs fine, but If I go to the menu to Save or Load, it does not recognize any memorycard. Is this common knowlegde that I just dont know about, or does anyone know a workaround? Playing the game without being able to save is just not that fun ;)

Do I have to get a PS1 mem-card? Would that work, or do I have to do anything else?

Sincerely and desperately

Dudemeister

Mad-Ice
5th June 2006, 10:32 AM
Hi there Dude!!!

Yes, you need a memorycard from the psx, that will work. All your psx games will work on the ps2, but you need a memorycard from the psx. Good luck, greetings

Mad-Ice

Sausehuhn
5th June 2006, 12:45 PM
As far as I can remember the game freezes after you've finished a challenge succesfully - that is the only bug I know.
So that happend to me. Not sure if this is a bug that happends every time when you play 2097 on a PS2 or if it was just a bug of the PS2 I played with`, though.

Dudemeister
5th June 2006, 04:41 PM
Thanx for the reply, I'll just have to go looking for an old memory card then.

/Dude

Mad-Ice
6th June 2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Dudemeister

Your welcome! I am a big fan of the game since 1995 so most things i am aware of, so let me know.

Greetings Mad-Ice

Asayyeah
6th June 2006, 03:23 PM
As far as I can remember the game freezes after you've finished a challenge succesfully .
That happends to me at the last challenge , the one you 'win' Piranha : challenge 2, even with a ps ( the grey one + the tiny ps1 ) , i found 2 possible causes about that : Since i changed my old scratched original disk by a new one like new , that did never happend again.
2nd possibility could be the lense of your ps2 which is not working properly on the old original ps1 games ( happend to french friends )

PIRANHA
22nd June 2006, 04:31 PM
...not at all, it runns 100% on mine...but if it wouldn' I still got PS1...:rock