PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Fusion FAQ

Hellfire_WZ
1st June 2006, 05:11 PM
http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/WipeoutFusionguide.txt

Skeleton guide. This will definitely be the last one I do as it's gonna take a couple of months. I've incorporated the track guides from the Zone FAQ.

Hellfire_WZ
18th June 2006, 04:59 PM
BIG update to this one. All the weapons now have ASCII symbols and explanations of how to unlock. Most of the unlockable content has been listed, the soundtrack is up, guides for the three Devilia courses are there, course listings for the AG leagues are up, and I've still got it when it comes to Zone mode. Hit Zone 58 on Florion 1 on my first go in over a year :)

Zerow
18th June 2006, 10:10 PM
Nice one! :)

The FAQ's looking good already as well. Keep it up!

Hellfire_WZ
21st June 2006, 11:33 AM
Update time. I've added the Challenges to the guide and have written several hints for some of them. The weapon guides are also in as well as descriptions of the game modes.

Zerow
21st June 2006, 10:32 PM
BTW, I thought you were doing the FAQ for Fusion last? :?

Hellfire_WZ
22nd June 2006, 07:26 AM
Changed my mind, I suddenly got playing it again and thought I'd get a lot of it done now :p

(Ooo... that's my 800th post!)

Asayyeah
25th June 2006, 01:02 AM
Oggob and you definitely reign on Florion height zone mode.
58 for 1st attempt after a year is just ... insane ;)

huge work on FAQ fusion :+

GreenPhazon
14th April 2010, 07:01 PM
Does anybody still have this? I bought Fusion the other day and need a reason not to get rid of it, I figured an FAQ could be useful.

borell
14th April 2010, 07:57 PM
According to the what is written in the file, it may only be hosted at a few number of servers/web addresses (wipeoutzone.com included). But... because of file size restrictions, I cannot attach the file to this post.

I guess it is not a good idea to copy the full text into this post. It seems to be permitted, though.

SaturnReturn
14th April 2010, 08:40 PM
How big is it if in a zip file borrel? Rob increased sizes for attachments recently. A zip file can be up to around 1 MB. Otherwise you can try to upload it to the "My Files" section of the main wipeoutzone.com page.

borell
14th April 2010, 08:57 PM
Did not think about zipping... :brickwall

GreenPhazon
14th April 2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks a lot, maybe I can get into this game now. My copy came without a manual, much to my annoyance, and it is apparently very different to the games I'm more used to (Pure/Pulse/HD).

I'd love to get back into WipEout, I haven't played any in ages. Not that I was ever any good, though.

AG-wolf
15th April 2010, 02:31 AM
Fusion is a unique choice to "get back into wipeout," considering it breaks many of the series' conventions :P

But the game is fun in its own right. Be careful, though, the PAL version has a handful of glitches you might wanna read up on and keep in mind.

GreenPhazon
16th April 2010, 11:08 AM
Duly noted. Will look into them.

TheConzio
2nd June 2013, 01:59 AM
This may seem silly, but I'm having trouble using the airbrakes on Fusion, it's like no other Wipeout (To me anyway)
How are they meant to be used? Is it before the turn like the older Wipeouts or during the turn like the later Wipeouts?

keg_11
3rd June 2013, 12:03 AM
Before the turn. The physics of Fusion tend to be closer to present-day racing games rather than the floaty futuristic feel of the earlier (and later) games. Think of it as you're drifting through the corners (particularly with the consecutive hairpins of Katmoda 12's medium course).

TheConzio
3rd June 2013, 03:27 AM
Thanks keg, that really helps :)

blackwiggle
14th June 2013, 12:47 PM
Some of the track surfaces affect the craft in FUSION [why a a track made of ICE effects a craft floating above it is one of the illogical things about Fusion]

TheConzio
19th June 2013, 02:11 AM
There's some WipEout logic :P

PureSpeed7
6th April 2015, 11:58 PM
I like this game, and have a working copy and working ps2. Me and my brother play multiplayer a lot.

Jonny
7th April 2015, 01:56 PM
Some of the track surfaces affect the craft in FUSION [why a a track made of ICE effects a craft floating above it is one of the illogical things about Fusion]

The Stealth weapon was given to the Anti-Gravity Commission by "an unknown individuum".
So the conclusion is:
Aliens

PureSpeed7
23rd April 2015, 08:44 PM
WipEout Fusion fun fact: you can tell the difference between first and second pilot ships of the same team by their thruster color. First pilots have a blueish color while second pilots have pinkish red thruster color.

Jonny
25th April 2015, 10:12 PM
Really? I thought that this would be team-dependent

PureSpeed7
4th May 2015, 08:26 PM
The last three teams you unlock in Fusion (Tigron, Xios, and Piranha) all need different super weapons in my opinion.
Tigron should have the Penetrator because they have the heaviest ship and it even says in the game description 'good for ramming strategies.'
Piranha should have the shield drain because of it's low shield energy.
Xios should have the Nitro Rocket because it's a good all rounder and has good weapon tech to quickly eliminate people.