View Full Version : Wipeout 3:SE FAQ

Hellfire_WZ
1st June 2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/578132-wipeout-3-special-edition/faqs

v1.0 - GUIDE COMPLETE

Successfully submitted to GameFAQs

Hellfire_WZ
17th August 2006, 04:12 PM
Slowly getting things back on track. Weapon descriptions, team profiles and team logos (thanks Max) added.

Zerow
17th August 2006, 11:29 PM
Looking good already! :+

Chill
19th August 2006, 12:16 AM
Awesome man!! I'm gonna print all your Wipeout game literature sooner or later!!!! :P

Hellfire_WZ
20th November 2006, 12:43 PM
Finally getting back into the swing of things here, guide now has quite a few completed sections. I've imported some of the track guides from the 2097 FAQ into this one for the Classic League, I'll be going through them again and changing anything that needs it to bring it in line with this game.

Need to put a few things to you guys:

1 - What are the requirements for unlocking each prototype track? Can't be arsed playing the WHOLE game again :P

2 - Would it be better to do the track guides with Qirex (speed 4 handling 2) or Icaras (speed 5 handling 3)? I'm trying to use the most difficult craft so the guides can easily be adapted to the easier craft by anyone.

3 - Looking in an old thread here I spotted two cheats that I don't know what they do, NOWALLS and NOPAIN. Does anyone know what they are?

Sausehuhn
20th November 2006, 08:05 PM
Unlock a prototype track by earning gold on all tracks in one speed class?

Hellfire_WZ
20th November 2006, 11:02 PM
I knew that much, I was wondering if there was a specific class that unlocked a particular track, or are they just unlocked in order as you completet he leagues.

Lance
21st November 2006, 01:13 AM
Unlock a prototype track by earning gold on all tracks in one speed class?

If the system is the same as just plain W3O, you don't even have to get all gold. A mix of different colour medals worked for me, without having to go back and gold every race. I just went through as fast as I could taking the trouble only to win a medal, so I could get all tracks and ships as soon as possible with the least effort possible. Then I just spent my time with my favourite ships on my favourite tracks.

Hellfire_WZ
21st November 2006, 06:23 PM
Small update, couple of track guides added. I'm doing them in a Qirex to keep handling to a minimum, plus the fact I can't handle an Icaras :p

Rapier Racer
27th November 2006, 05:20 PM
3 - Looking in an old thread here I spotted two cheats that I don't know what they do, NOWALLS and NOPAIN. Does anyone know what they are?

I recall reading that NOWALLS allows you to crash into walls without it taking any energy out your shield, I am now curious and will test this immediately if not sooner

Edit: No I guess that was a load of bollocks

Hellfire_WZ
27th November 2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks anyway. Not anything urgent, I guess I can add them if anyone find out what they do, but it won't be a disaster if not.

New update, three more tracks have been added. I've also put in the list of differences between the two versions from the thread in this forum, this'll be useful to anyone looking at the guide outside of WipeoutZone.

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2006, 05:42 PM
Small update this time, guide for P-Mar Project finished. This will be the last update for a while as I am going into hospital for a heart operation tomorrow. Nothing serious, having a stent put in to correct an aortic narrowing, but it means the guides will have to take a back seat for a while. Once I'm back at home, I'll resume work on them :)

Lance
2nd December 2006, 07:41 PM
!!
Good luck, Charlie. I hope everything goes perfectly. Take care, man.

Lance

Hellfire_WZ
2nd December 2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks Lance. Shouldn't be a long stay, will probably be out on Tuesday. Amazing how I've had this all my life and it's only recently been diagnosed. The narrowing causes a blood pressure imbalance between upper and lower body, meaning restricted blood flow to the legs and hypertension in the upper body. It's also the reason why I'm so **** at sports ;)

The stent I'm having put in will open the narrowing and put my blood pressure back in equilibrium. It's a catheter method, as you can imagine I said a firm no to full surgery :)

Asayyeah
2nd December 2006, 10:56 PM
Talking about heart you have a big one , to do all those guides for lost wipers we are :redface: .

Hope everything was fine today for your operation.
All my wishes for your prompt recovery Charlie
:beer

Lance
2nd December 2006, 11:45 PM
'' as you can imagine I said a firm no to full surgery ''

I can imagine that with no trouble at all!

stin
3rd December 2006, 12:53 AM
Charlie, I`m hope everything went ok after surgery cos my wife have two stents in her heart and she went back to work after 5months off sick. But she had a heart attack which you don`t have! and you are a lucky man! especially your age!

stevie

Hellfire_WZ
10th December 2006, 12:54 AM
All back on track now. Wip3out league is done, just the classics and prototypes to go :)

Hellfire_WZ
9th July 2007, 07:07 PM
Well, looks like I took a longer holiday than I thought! Update for you, Classics are finished and two Prototypes are in. Just four more prototypes and this one's done :)

Hellfire_WZ
11th July 2007, 07:41 PM
And it's done! :D :D

Right, just Fusion to go...

meman887
30th July 2008, 11:10 PM
Thank me, hang me or whatever.... anyway:

These are'nt listed in any particular order but they have all been tested and they work.

NOWALLS - Better craft handling.
COLLIDE - Old Wipeout collision dectection.
DROIDS - Replace playable craft as Rescue ships.
HITOMI - View both WO3 & Classic Leauge FMV's.
AXCEL - Faster speedpad's (changes colour as well.)
CRAFTS - Unlocks all craft.
MIRROR - Unlocks flip track option in options.
UNLIMIT - Unlimited weapons (press [] to change selected.)
NOFEAR - Unlimited shields and thrust.
NOPAIN - Unlimited thrust only.
ALLCNG - All challenges unlocked.
ALLTNT - All tournaments unlocked.
ALLTRACK - All tracks unlocked.
PROTO - Unlocks Prototypes.
PHANTOM - Unlocks Phantom class.

Two ways to unlock Establish Link:

LINK - Unlocks Establish Link option in options.

Or

Press start at main menu.

All cheats have been checked and verified by myself.

seek
16th January 2014, 09:42 PM
What I love about your FAQ is how heavily it references my thread about the differences between W3O and WO3:SE, and yet doesn't acknowledge me at all...

Thanks for that.

There's a word for that, what is it? Oh yeah... plagiarism.

dreadofmondays
16th January 2014, 10:02 PM
Well I'm glad there was a reason for the 6-year bump

seek
17th January 2014, 01:25 AM
Sorry but I care a lot more about my content being ripped-off with no acknowledgement than how old the thread is...

DDD113
17th January 2014, 02:02 AM
You posted on WipeoutZone... so that means others can't either agree on the differences of the game versions or they can't use your posts as inspiration? That would be like me posting "This is the WipeoutZone Forum" and Hellfire banishing me because that was stated at the heading of the website so that's obviously plagiarism... makes perfect sense. :?

Oh yeah, one more thing, don't quote the post directly above you unless it's a long post and you're only quoting part of it, so basically READ THE GUIDELINES!!! And while you're at it, try to find a better attitude somewhere out there on the streets. ;)

Hellfire_WZ
17th January 2014, 12:22 PM
For your information, this can be found at the bottom of the paragraph immediately preceding the list:

"Thanks to all the members of WipeoutZone who helped compile this list"

seek
17th January 2014, 10:44 PM
/\ That is hardly enough.

You have clearly never written a paper for University...

Sure, use my observations and don't mention me at all... And that's the last time I'll ever post such things on this forum.

Which is ironic since I was actually considering posting a couple of new articles here recently. But Now I'll just keep them to myself.

- - - Updated - - -

You posted on WipeoutZone... so that means others can't either agree on the differences of the game versions or they can't use your posts as inspiration? That would be like me posting "This is the WipeoutZone Forum" and Hellfire banishing me because that was stated at the heading of the website so that's obviously plagiarism... makes perfect sense. :?

Oh yeah, one more thing, don't quote the post directly above you unless it's a long post and you're only quoting part of it, so basically READ THE GUIDELINES!!! And while you're at it, try to find a better attitude somewhere out there on the streets. ;)

Wow, I post the most viewed article you have on this forum regarding WO3:SE (more than 35 THOUSAND views), and this is how I'm treated... Thanks Wipeoutzone.

Cipher
18th January 2014, 12:04 AM
This isn't university though… nor the place to argue about something as small as this, i doubt it would've given you fame and glory if it mentioned your name, even though it can't really mention your name as it's just an alias…
You could've written in your thread that the information you found was not to be re-distributed unless with your written permission to do so…

And to point out… it's not just your information on there, other people have contributed to that small list as well, so it's not really all your work =/

Cipher

JABBERJAW
18th January 2014, 02:02 AM
The information in the " differences" thread was written in many different areas in Wipeoutzone before the " differences " thread even existed. This thread is nice as it is putting it all the differences in one place, but is not the knowledge only one person knew, many people contributed. Anyone who played both wo3 and wo3se would notice 90% of that info, so to say its plagiarism is pretty ridiculous. Should I claim plagiarism for mentioning at one point the negcon does not work in multiplayer when the buttons are changed for wo3, but works for 3se?

Also of note is that all of these ideas in this thread were mentioned either on WOZ or the WPA way BEFORE 2004, the date the differences thread was started.

DDD113
18th January 2014, 03:37 AM
This isn't university though…

The basis of the ridiculousness of this claim.

I was actually considering posting a couple of new articles here recently. But Now I'll just keep them to myself.

Maybe that's for the better since we have to complete a university grade bibliography to reference it anywhere else.

PS: That's pretty cool that you posted the most viewed WO3:SE thread, so glad that's the highlight of your life, I mean, I see you everyday all over the news sites for your fame and glory. Hail to the king of the WO3:SE thread!

Jonny
19th January 2014, 10:18 PM
Charlie Emery zu Guttenberg XD
Ok seriously. If seek just summed up all information written down on this forum he can't call it plagiatismn if someone else uses his posts as a basis. But actually you can never say an information was stolen from you.

DDD113
19th January 2014, 11:06 PM
Why can't you ever claim information as stolen?? Plagiarism is a common problem in world schools, but definitely not in this situation.

Jonny
20th January 2014, 05:14 AM
Of course you are right DDD. I tbought about what I said...yeah, your right^^

DDD113
20th January 2014, 05:08 PM
Lol, just looked at your reason for editing, that made me laugh for awhile! :P

Jonny
20th January 2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah I remembered thus situation in school when I tell somebody the answere, and than he tells the teacher the same thing just a secound later. I always think:" Arr!You bast*rd, thats what I told you! I! And you copy it to get a good mark! Arr!"