PDA

View Full Version : WipEout FAQ

Hellfire_WZ
1st June 2006, 05:06 PM
[/URL][url]http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/915932-wipeout/faqs (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/WipEoutguide.txt)

GUIDE COMPLETE

Successfully submitted to GameFAQs

q_dmc12
2nd June 2006, 05:56 AM
looks good so far

Hellfire_WZ
16th June 2006, 11:54 AM
Okay, first update. Team data and backstories have been entered and circuit data has been entered. No track guides yet as I still suck at the original :) I know there's a few typos as well, still ironing them out.

infoxicated
16th June 2006, 02:59 PM
:+

Looking good so far. :)

Zerow
16th June 2006, 08:59 PM
Yup, it looks great already! :)

Hellfire_WZ
14th August 2006, 12:37 PM
*while being violently throttled* OKAY, OKAY, I am still doing these!!.... :)

Finally got a bit of time on my hands again so I can get back to the guides.

I need to ask if anyone is willing to help me out with a couple of ASCII logos. I need the Auricom logo for this guide, and I also need Qirex, Assegai and Icaras logos for Wip3out.

They're a bit all over the place at the moment, but I intend to at least have the original guide finished fairly soon.

Sausehuhn
14th August 2006, 04:23 PM
gimme the original logos and I'll make ASCII out of them :)

Hellfire_WZ
14th August 2006, 07:55 PM
Great, cheers. I'll send them to you tomorrow.

Sausehuhn
15th August 2006, 06:26 PM
you've got mail ;)

Chill
18th August 2006, 11:58 PM
That's awesome man!!! You should do something on all the Wipeouts, though I'm not sure you could get that done before you start school. You're reviews/walkthroughs are always a lot of fun to look at, especially all the Wipeout games!!! :P

Hellfire_WZ
19th August 2006, 09:10 AM
School? I'm 21 for Christ's sake! :D

Hellfire_WZ
30th August 2006, 09:23 AM
Good news, just the track guides to go and then this FAQ is finished! One question though. In the manual there is a multiplayer-only weapon depicted by a winking face - what the hell is this?

eLhabib
30th August 2006, 10:32 AM
afaik it's reversing the opponent's controls. never got a chance to try it tho...

Hellfire_WZ
30th August 2006, 10:40 AM
There's another one that reverses the controls, depicted by two arrows pointing at each other. This one's something else...

EDIT: Aha, found it! It disables your opponents weapon systems, they can't fire or pick any up until it wears off. Quite nasty!

Hellfire_WZ
30th August 2006, 08:31 PM
All finished! One down, three to go... ah well, it's a start :)

Hope you all find it useful!

Zerow
30th August 2006, 10:38 PM
Well done! Brilliant guide, now it's finished. :clap

lunar
31st August 2006, 12:46 PM
Brilliant job, Charlie, a really detailed and clear guide to the game. :clap

Sausehuhn
31st August 2006, 05:52 PM
Good work Charlie!!

One more of your outstanding WipEout guides on the web!
Now all I need is a copy of WipE'out'' to test it ;)

piranha wiper
4th September 2006, 03:59 PM
was it not hard to make a track guide? everybody has different ways of doing things

Hellfire_WZ
4th September 2006, 04:12 PM
True, but the point of the guide is to give people a base to start from: in this case, how I did it. I raced each track at least 10 times immediately before I started writing the track guide, and also raced it again while I was writing it just to check it was all okay. The idea was to convey a tried and tested method which could either be adopted entirely or used as a base.

stin
25th June 2007, 08:00 PM
Charlie!, I was thinking here, as you can see my pictures of complete for Venom as Congratulation then Rapier as Wipeout II which I do believe they never seen them before. Because, this game is sooo hard to completed it and it is alot harder than the rest of Wipeout series.

You can put it up if you wish.

Yes I`m aware of very few pilots did completed Original Wipeout but I mean not many...

stevie:)

RJ O'Connell
18th August 2008, 03:04 AM
The difficulty is what makes it so awesome. The challenge is flying a perfect race and it's much harder to do in this game than any other, plus you don't benefit from shortcutting the track like you can in Wipeout XL, wherein you can fly through solid matter just by going really fast. :g

Did I mention yet this FAQ is full of awesome and win? Well now I did.

Silenc10
22nd April 2011, 03:47 PM
Not sure if its just me, but that geocities link doesn't work anymore. :frown:

Hellfire_WZ
25th April 2011, 06:32 PM
It doesn't, Geocities closed quite a while back. Not to worry, it's on GameFAQs :)

Silenc10
26th April 2011, 11:23 PM
oh cool.:rock

awesome guide as well. this is gonna help me out with Silverstream!