PDA

View Full Version : Twins picture appearing in wipeout games

Megatron42
7th May 2002, 02:40 AM
I have yet to play Fusion (being an American) but on this one video of gampeplay I noticed that there is a logo overlooking the track on a sign at one point featuring the outlines of twins sitting back to back. And it was at that point that it occurred to me that I've seen this logo elsewhere. Can someone enlighten me as to the origin of/story behind this logo and its appearance in Wipeout?

Synthetic Consciousness
7th May 2002, 02:57 AM
Kappa Clothing makes the official clothing for the game. They also made the clothing for WipEout XL. Their logo back then (also in that game) was a weird bunny-looking thing. I don't know if they made clothing for WipEout 3...anyone know? If you don't live in the UK, you're out of luck, unless you have a friend who can buy and ship to you; Kappa only ships around the UK. :( So, I'm out of luck. I feel so deprived. :cry:

http://www.kappastore.com/uk/home.asp

Megatron42
7th May 2002, 04:30 AM
official clothing for the game??
Does that mean there's official WipeOut clothing out there made by Kappa?
That sounds crazy.

Vasudeva
7th May 2002, 06:44 AM
Kappa is also available in the rest of Europe. I don't like it. It's snob.

However, official clothing? Yes indeed. After all, Red Bull was the official 2097/XL beaverage, wasn't it? :D

V.

Thruster2097
7th May 2002, 10:34 AM
the kappa clothing and accesories (bag, caps) for fusion arent really upto standard, but they are a must-have item for any die hard fusion fan. If any items are still available, check them out at www.kappa.com.

As for the shipping, anyone from america is always welcome to ask one of us europeans to send them over to you, we are a respectable bunch of people, and im sure if you ask nicely enough.........

Nick Burcombe
7th May 2002, 10:53 AM
LOL! This is really juvenile but, I remember when I was a kid at school and Kappa was first a big brand name in the early-mid 80's - some kid discovered that if you put your thumb over the two back to back heads on the logo, it now looks like a woman with her legs open. LOL! I did say it was juvenile didn't I? :)
Nick

Megatron42
7th May 2002, 03:40 PM
How did Red Bull ever become the beverage sponsor?
I just say that because I can't stand the stuff :)

Nick Burcombe
7th May 2002, 04:07 PM
Red Bull was used as one of the many stimulants (coffee etc.. :wink: )during the project to get us through the late late nights. ;) The marketing connection was basically to do with the "speed and rections" - we got a huge Red Bull fridge in the office that must have only got filled about twice. RB was also a very popular mixer with Vodka at the local bars every Friday night - although this trend really started with Purdey's and Vodka with was much nicer and not full of crap. :)

AmigoJack
7th May 2002, 04:35 PM
...so why arent there any fastfood sponsors in the game? :wink:

i dont think you survived by drinking RB only. i suppose there was also a telephone number list for thai/indian/chinese/italian food service 8)

Nick Burcombe
7th May 2002, 04:38 PM
Pizza Hut and the local Chinese didn't wanna know ;)
N

Lance
7th May 2002, 04:59 PM
pizza hut and the local chinese?! you might as well be living in america or we might as well be living there; it's all the same effin thing! so much for world travel :(

Nick Burcombe
7th May 2002, 05:30 PM
We are the 51st state after all......

Lance
7th May 2002, 07:48 PM
nah, 52nd. Puerto Rico's got dibs. Is Berken'ed the capital city?
.:D

Nick Burcombe
7th May 2002, 08:01 PM
LOL! Yes - but only in my tiny mindbrain.
No, 51st state was shot in Liverpool wasn't it?
Samuel L and all that.... haven't seen it. Anyone know if it's any good?

infoxicated
7th May 2002, 08:08 PM
It's meant to be very good, yeah!

I was going to go and see it just after I moved to Liverpool, to kind of commemorate the event and all that... but I ended up being so busy moving all my crap up from London that it had drifted from the cinema by the time I got to go.

Might be a good DVD, though - Samuel L always makes for a cool dude :)

Nick Burcombe
7th May 2002, 08:09 PM
Defintely a rental I think. Have you seen some of the footage of Spider Man?
Looks the biz. :)
N

Synthetic Consciousness
7th May 2002, 09:31 PM
[Nick:Burcombe] You were involved in the game itself? :o *looks in the XL booklet* Oh, yeah...game designer. :oops: ...Man, I'm still asleep. If I had been involved in the game, it probably would have been an ad for Momokawa sake, instead. :) But, Red Bull works...better than having drunk pilots, right? I have a hard enough time trying to aim Plasma Bolts in XL when I'm sober! :-? It's much easier to aim them in WipEout 3, IMO. Of course, I end up ramming into all the walls, too....especially on those hairpins in Gare d' Europa...and I always smack into the wall coming out of the first tunnel. Must remember to use air brakes--mmmm....Red Bull and vodka... :D

Megatron42
7th May 2002, 11:35 PM
Blech.

I love vodka, and nearly all its forms,
EXCEPT with red bull.

Lance
8th May 2002, 12:30 AM
spiderman opened nationwide here friday night. it made 114 million U.S. dollars in one weekend. jeez! i mean tobey looks pretty hot and all [ :D ] but sheeeittt!
the people i know on livejournal say it was really really good, though

Megatron42
8th May 2002, 12:51 AM
wow...that came way out of left field...
but yeah, the movie kicks serious ass.
Anyone who hasn't seen it should see it. For the nothing that it's worth, I give it my personal seal of approval. So if you pay to go see it and you don't like the movie, you can go off and be sad somewhere, but it won't bother me none. :wink:

I already can't wait for the sequel (the contracts have already been signed) and I hope Venom is going to be in it.

Another word on superhero movies:
Kevin Smith is a prophet. He predicted this whole movie trend: "ever since x-men, the movie companies are buying the rights to every superhero comic book character there is." (that's from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) That was his prediction, and it's already coming true.
Spiderman just came out, and next summer Hulk, and Daredevil sometime else (I don't know who that is, but I'm pretty sure that's a superhero as well).
I guess now that we have good CGI, any effect they need to put a superhero onscreen is possible, but man! Kevin Smith was right!

Piranha Advancements
8th May 2002, 02:13 AM
When justice is blind,it knows no fear!

I really hope Ben Affleck pulls this off.He'd better.And I can't wait to see Elektra in action...or will she bite the bullet of Bullseye.Snoocy booches!

Lance
8th May 2002, 09:34 AM
left field? as you may have already seen above, Nick asked if Foxx had seen some of the spiderman footage. in the grand and ever-popular tradition of these forums and their predecessor on ez-board, i took a small sidetrack and barrelled down its rutted dirt with a Hummer
:D

Nick Burcombe
8th May 2002, 09:48 AM
Yeah - it did drift a little off topic. Sorry 'bout that. :)

Back - sorta ON topic..

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/355/355925p1.html

.. bottom of the page - click on Media and have a look at the first official movie released by Microsoft of our next game..... It actually quite old footage, but you'll get the gist of bits of it - and before you ask it's being played at second to slowest speed - it goes much faster and look much better. Oh yeah and one of the ships looks wrong.

Cheers all

Nick

Lance
8th May 2002, 10:01 AM
that's what general discussion is for, though. if it's going to be a real discussion, it can turn into a slowmotion conversation.
just like real life, but with longer pauses :)

Bob Todd
8th May 2002, 03:50 PM
LOL! This is really juvenile but, I remember when I was a kid at school and Kappa was first a big brand name in the early-mid 80's - some kid discovered that if you put your thumb over the two back to back heads on the logo, it now looks like a woman with her legs open. LOL! I did say it was juvenile didn't I? :)
Nick

*goes to Kappa website*
*puts thumb on screen*

Hey, you're right! :lol: