PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me get hold of a NegCon controller?

Dudemeister
11th May 2006, 11:12 AM
Hi there

I hope I don't step over any lines, but Im desperately trying to get hold of a NegCon controller, the old PSX fans must know which one Im talking about. The "twisty" thingy.

Now I live in Sweden.
I have seen a few sporadically being made available at Ebay, but they are almost only for US shipping etc...

So anyone have any hints or help to give?
Oh and of course Im also looking for the old PSX wipeout games...

I curse they day that I sold of those things.....if I had only at least kept the NegCon controller in my storage...

lunar
11th May 2006, 11:26 AM
they come up on ebay.co.uk fairly frequently. I imagine most sellers would post to Sweden. New ones are going for a pretty high price though. Good luck. :)

Tomahawk
11th May 2006, 11:27 AM
IMO the best way to get hold of a Neggy is eBay. I've ordered my second one only a few months ago and everything went well. If the seller states that he'll ship only to the US, then talk to him via email. I've experienced, that many people, who write "shipment to US only" in their auctions will ship their offers to countries outside the US, too. You just have to ask them nicely. :) The same goes for the old PSX Wipeout games.

You can also post a message on the "Wipeout-Marketplace" in the Pilots Lounge forum on this site. Maybe one of the people here will give up on one of his/her controllers...

Asayyeah
11th May 2006, 12:46 PM
yes i agree with what is written above , ask nicely the seller and there won't be a problem . But you can find one without asking ;)
negcon ships to : worlwide (http://cgi.ebay.com/Negcon-Namco-Lenkrad-Controller-PSOne-PlayStation-2_W0QQitemZ8810128231QQcategoryZ22468QQssPageNameZ WD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I own 3 white ( 1 brand new , 1 used but like new and the one i am currently using) and 1 Black ( very rare )

Neggie rules :rock

Mano
12th May 2006, 04:32 AM
Hey Arnaud good to hear you finally got your hands on a black negcon, sorry i couldnt find one for you, the store guy never got another black one and i visited him lately but all he had was white ones.

So tell me how was your experience with the black neggie?

stin
12th May 2006, 01:45 PM
Actually I have his black neggie;) ( but cool lover are planning to sell it again through ebay to get more cash!(kidding mate))

Yes he had a shot of my black neggie but I think he prefers his own one and he will get it soon.

stevie:)

Asayyeah
12th May 2006, 05:27 PM
Thx Mano for having searched one for me :) and yes i wan an ebay auction and asked stevie to received it ( the seller shipped only to UK ).
So i haven't touched my blacky Neggy !! but i used for a 30 session when i was on scotland months ago.

héhé Stevie if you don't want me to come tomorrow in Bonnybridge to wipe your ass with one of your golf putter :D , please don't sell my blacky ;)

q_dmc12
12th May 2006, 05:31 PM
Lolhttp://www.jp3d.net/yahoo/images/dont_steal_these_images2/18.gif

Dudemeister
20th May 2006, 10:29 AM
Anyone out there up for selling one of theirs?

Im a very motivated buyer. ;)

Dudemeister
18th June 2006, 07:48 PM
Small update:

I got one! :D

And another one is basically on its way. The first one is in working order, but not exactly glistening. But the next is as good as new and almost never used, in box. Seems it will be good to have a spare one.

Wipeout 2097 is the shxx and thats a fact!

Asayyeah
24th June 2006, 10:38 PM
this is a great news, i was a bit shamed not to find you a solution for the neggie but you successfully found 2 :)
Hope to hear you soon into the 2097 record tables

Mad-Ice
27th June 2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Old asayyeah

I have heared a few talking about the neggie controller, and now you are saying: hope to hear you soon in the 2097 records table. What is it about this controller?

eLhabib
27th June 2006, 10:51 AM
NeGconWikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon)

it's supposed to be the supreme way to fly AG-craft, though I sadly haven't had the chance to try it myself.

Mad-Ice
27th June 2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks eLhabib for the link, it looks very good. I would love to try it out sometime.

Asayyeah
27th June 2006, 04:12 PM
it's not supposed , it is definitely the controller you need to get if you wanna enter tables at a good rank (especially 2097/XL)
Each player i know have been a bit frustrated when they first had in hand this negcon. This is not very easy to feel it & to control it perfectly , but after a quick or so period of practising with it ( from 1 week to more than 1 month ), you can really feel what a word like ' immersive' means about wipeout...and mega fun :hyper

I can bring one of mine to show you directly if you have a ps1 or ps2 ( tell me if you have a W30 or 2097 disk too)

Dudemeister
28th June 2006, 11:42 AM
My two cents.

For me it was not even an option to try and play wipeout without a neggie. =)
I got the game and I have to be honest and admit I did try Wipeout 2097 once before I had managed to get hold of a negcon, but it was not even close, neither in feeling or in performance (on my part that is).

Neggie is the way to go when playing wipeout, my only problem is time, just bought a house and theres of course tons of things to do. But whenever I get a chance the negcon comes out and the race is on.

Mad-Ice
29th June 2006, 04:52 PM
Than I definitely need to try the neggie controller. And of course i have the PS1 with WipEout, WipEout 2097, Wip3out and Wip3out SE. PS2 with WipEout Fusion. Only bought the consoles to play these games.

Asayyeah
29th June 2006, 07:43 PM
dedicated addicted wipeout lover : +1 Mat ;)

q_dmc12
29th June 2006, 07:59 PM
NeGconWikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon)

it's supposed to be the supreme way to fly AG-craft, though I sadly haven't had the chance to try it myself.
Cool, it works with Ace Combat:pc

Mad-Ice
30th June 2006, 05:52 AM
How can i say; it runs in the blood, i was born with this addiction.

Mad-Ice
2nd July 2006, 09:12 AM
Old asayyeah wrote: "At least we have that news , now we can't extrapolated on what wd be in it or not, but be sure we will be surprised in a good way ( that's my ol'Neggie who's telling me this )"

I read that our old controllers from PS1 and PS2 will not be compatible with PS3, i'll hope for the Neggie lovers that it will fit the PS3.

Asayyeah
3rd July 2006, 01:34 PM
Nah unfortunately it won't be compatable, that's why Neggie is a real collector to own ( especially for the lovers of previous Wipeouts ).
let's pray for having an immersive feeling with the new ps3 controller, that's all i wish 8)

Mad-Ice
5th July 2006, 06:49 AM
Yup lets hope so!!! I think the new controller for the PS3 will be working something like the Neggie. At least we will be able to move the controller itself in the air to get movement, up and down, left and right i believe. I remember in the movie: Hackers that they play WipEout with some sort of Neggie controller too!?

eLhabib
5th July 2006, 08:46 AM
IIRC they played it with 2 flight sticks.

Mad-Ice
5th July 2006, 11:37 AM
Yes, that would be very cool. I think that's the way to control the craft. Just like the interior of a WipEout craft!?

q_dmc12
5th July 2006, 11:40 AM
IIRC they played it with 2 flight sticks.
One for manueverability and the other for aiming?:?

EDIT: hmm, maybe one for airbrakes...

Mad-Ice
5th July 2006, 11:47 AM
Two for manueverability and airbrakes would be nice and just like now, the direction your craft is pointing, that´s the direction of the rockets.

eLhabib
5th July 2006, 12:52 PM
uuuuhm, no, two sticks just because it LOOKED GOOD in the movie. or do you REALLY think the actors were actually playing?

q_dmc12
5th July 2006, 09:39 PM
No, I'm just that stupid :banzai j/k, I was getting "into" the conversation - besides, I didn't know we were talking about a movie:paperbag