PDA

View Full Version : Ace Combat X

q_dmc12
10th May 2006, 03:22 AM
What do you guys think of the new Ace Combat for PSP coming in the summer/fall ( depending on what country you're in;) )?

infoxicated
10th May 2006, 09:18 AM
I really loved Ace Combat 4 - I completed it on every level and even shot down all the ace pilots at ace level (i.e. one hit and you're dead). :)

Ace Combat 5 was a piece of crap, though - really annoying dialogue and dynamics that were just plain weird. I gave up on it about a third of the way through due to the annoying and contrived nature of some of the missions. With that in mind, I'm not looking forward to the PSP version.

The PSP isn't really the kind of thing for this type of game either - I cant imagine trying to fly a plane with that analogue nub with any kind of precision. I'll wait and see, though - if it gets good reviews and feedback then I'll have to look at it. :)

q_dmc12
10th May 2006, 02:40 PM
Well if you didn't like 5, you won't like Zero (the Belkan War) ...or who knows maybe you will. I personally liked 5 because for its length, but Zero was a bit of a disappointment - it didn't flow like 5 did mostly due to its length. Zero is SHORT - maybe 18 missions, what I think Namco tried to do was combine the best of 4 and 5 that somehow ended up as ..."a fat Zero!" I've beaten Zero twice already.:hyper

EDIT: AC:X will probably be the game that makes me upgrade and leave my life of homebrew T_T

Shem
10th May 2006, 08:00 PM
nothing will ever beat ace combat 3 electrosphere!! that was one of the best games for psOne, ever! 2cd's packed with anime stuff, wierd dialogues you couldn't understand **** from, great music, typical japanese stuff. I wish they made a movie based on this part of the series. As far as any other Ace Combat sequel goes.....i dunno...haven't played them yet.

q_dmc12
10th May 2006, 08:05 PM
Really:o, well they're super cheap now ;)

Shem
10th May 2006, 08:07 PM
....and so are PS2 and PSP? if so, i'm getting both pronto, haha

q_dmc12
10th May 2006, 08:15 PM
well...I think you can get the PS2 S/E (small version) for about $150 american and I have read that Dell.com is selling PSPs for around the same price:clap

Zerow
10th May 2006, 11:15 PM
I only played Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, but I thought that was superb. I am definitely getting Ace Combat X: Skies Of Deception, as I have not spent as much time with flying games as I would like. :D

q_dmc12
11th May 2006, 01:02 AM
Cool, hopefully it will be as popular on kai as wipeout is;)